The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ricky Hatton

+16
DuransHorse
Mad for Chelsea
88Chris05
Coxy001
TopHat24/7
Scottrf
Rodney
irishbrads
ShahenshahG
catchweight
AlexHuckerby
Nico the gman
Hammersmith harrier
TRUSSMAN66
hampo17
AdamT
20 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Ricky Hatton - Page 3 Empty Ricky Hatton

Post by AdamT Sat 25 Apr 2015, 8:58 am

First topic message reminder :

Big fan of him. Was a solid fighter and a stand up guy.

But for Heavens sake Ricky, STOP blaming the referee for the Floyd loss.

He maybe did break Rickys stride but to be honest, in all Rickys biggest wins, he done far to much grabbing and wrestling trying to wear opponents down. Even in the times Cortez, let him work inside, Mayweather was still getting the upper hand on him. Ricky seems to have this notion he is a tougher guy and could bully Floyd inside. He had no chance. Floyd could out box Ricky and out slug him if required.

I like Ricky and I don't like having to say this but time to let it go. You could never beat Floyd or Manny in a million years even if you were allowed to fight dirty.

Yes I am a bit hungover and on a bit of a rant, but everytime I see an interview with Hatton he goes over the same old s..t excuses, not only in this fight but the Pacquiao fight as well.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Ricky Hatton - Page 3 Empty Re: Ricky Hatton

Post by Nico the gman Thu 30 Apr 2015, 9:36 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:No...The ref kept the action going...........Didn't let Hatton hold and hit and spoil all night..
We'll agree to disagree, the only thing Cortez didn't do was caution Hatton for trying to throw punches back, I thought he was awful.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 30 Apr 2015, 10:09 pm

I'm not a fan of Ricky's as a fighter. He was very good, but he was a marketing man's dream and was fantastically well managed to get him in a position for his super fights. Thought he got a bit of a raw deal from Cortez, but when your game plan is to tough up and get inside, you leave yourself a bit at the whim of a fussy (or house) ref. I've seen fighters get away with more and pulled up for less.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3