The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Live fight thread

+50
Strongback
Soldier_Of_Fortune
sittingringside
Happytravelling
88Chris05
Lance
Mayweathers cellmate
Scottrf
Rowley
Derbymanc
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Sugar Boy Sweetie
tunes666
Rodney
Mr Bounce
Duty281
Dipper Brown
Hammersmith harrier
wheelchair1991
Fernando
B.A. BARACUS
horizontalhero
ShahenshahG
3fingers
Guest82
RanjitPatel
Atila
Ent
AlexHuckerby
owen10ozzy
hogey
Valero's Conscience
catchweight
JabMachineMK2
compelling and rich
Coxy001
Haito
AdamT
TRUSSMAN66
CaledonianCraig
Gentleman01
Brys
hampo17
Stella
BoxingFan88
Dolphin Ziggler
Silver
mobilemaster8
kingraf
milkyboy
54 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Live fight thread - Page 2 Empty Live fight thread

Post by milkyboy Sun 03 May 2015, 4:47 am

First topic message reminder :

Apparently there's a fight on tonight and JBW needs a thread to talk to himself on.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Live fight thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Live fight thread

Post by mobilemaster8 Sun 03 May 2015, 5:54 am

Sorry raf but you must be on drugs

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun 03 May 2015, 5:55 am

I'll say it again sky are a bunch of morons

Never ever want to hear them again so glad I cancelled it

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Gentleman01 Sun 03 May 2015, 5:55 am

The Sky team are so tedious. This myth of 'educated pressure', how many times have we heard it? Yet it's never been proven to be even remotely effective, with the possible exception of the De La Hoya fight. Mayweather is amazing, and just walking forward and throwing a load of punches is obviously never going to work. I thought Pac did a decent job and showed enough tonight, in my opinion, to suggest that, had the fight happened in 2010, then it likely would have been more competitive.

Gentleman01

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun 03 May 2015, 5:56 am

Sorry but that was a lacklustre fight. Mayweather was comfortable throughout. Okay Pacquaio had his brief moments but only very brief. He just looked cumbersome and never got off enough multi-punch attacks. Mayweather was silky smooth but not as fabulous as he is painted. Give me the likes of Hagler, Duran, Sugar Ray Leonard and Ali any day.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun 03 May 2015, 5:56 am

You should have listened to the V2 coverage, we've had nothing but good feedback Very Happy

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 03 May 2015, 5:57 am

Just caught the last few minutes on the radio...BBC had it 8-4 Floyd and a master class..

You beauty.....Wish I'd watched it..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 03 May 2015, 5:57 am

PaulHv2 wrote:You should have listened to the V2 coverage, we've had nothing but good feedback Very Happy

You guys were great, well done mate.

Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun 03 May 2015, 5:57 am

Rematch? No thanks please.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sun 03 May 2015, 5:57 am

Boring fight. Bad loser. Floyd too f.....g good

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Haito Sun 03 May 2015, 5:58 am

Very dissapointed in Manny. He didnt throw anywhere near enough punches. bar 2 maybe 3 rounds Mayweather controlled the fight Impeccably.
Haito
Haito

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 03 May 2015, 5:58 am

These Americans I'm listening to are absolute c*nts. They'd have had Mayweather to win if he'd been knocked out.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun 03 May 2015, 5:59 am

Thanks Silver, I'm happy to say we'll be doing this for every fight that we can. Apart from Damien having to nip off early it was a success.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Sun 03 May 2015, 5:59 am

9-3, boxing masterclass.

Too good. Way too good.

Bed.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sun 03 May 2015, 5:59 am

Manny won that, don't care what the pro America media say flyod did Frak all to win that fight, bout 70 people in my pub all thought manny won that, can't see how mayweather won it

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 03 May 2015, 6:00 am

mobilemaster8 wrote:Sorry raf but you must be on drugs

Weed isn't a drug. Cinco de Mayo last night, so I partook in the devils fruit. Sue me!

On a serious note, if you can point me to the ten Floyd rounds where landed telling blows, I'll retract. Can't see it
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sun 03 May 2015, 6:00 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Just caught the last few minutes on the radio...BBC had it 8-4 Floyd and a master class..

You beauty.....Wish I'd watched it..

It was a stinker truss

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun 03 May 2015, 6:02 am

Haito wrote:Very dissapointed in Manny. He didnt throw anywhere near enough punches. bar 2 maybe 3 rounds Mayweather controlled the fight Impeccably.

Spot on. I will credit Mayweather but I like my boxers to be a bit more offensive. Msyweather neutralises his opponents like nobody else but it just makes fights dreary for me. Well this one anyway.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sun 03 May 2015, 6:02 am

Yeh Floyd is too good and was 10 times better than Pacman.

I gave Pacman 2 rounds and an even one!!

He threw punches in spurts never landed looked crude and got outboxed. The compubox numbers will be laughable

What's worse, I thought manny would give him absolute fits and he just got outclassed which is a shame

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun 03 May 2015, 6:02 am

I love the fact that some people crucified dirrell for the same tactics (froch) Inc but when Floyd does it it's a master class

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Sun 03 May 2015, 6:03 am

I'm not sure what fight some people were watching to have it close for Pacquiao. I wanted him to win so much, for both the fact that he's a better human being (less of a tinky winky) and for the sport to open up more by showing Floyd he's not the best.

Didn't happen. The 116 - 112 card was the best card I saw. I can't have anything less, Pacquiao had moments but his pot shotting was never going to work and he never sustained any real pressure or took more than a round at a time. Look at it like this, for every round Pacquiao took, Floyd took 2 back. Bayliss was a joke and should have deducted a point or two from Floyd for holding IMO, but honestly, it was an absolute masterclass in how to nullify a pressure fighter. Casuals would have found it boring and/or chosen Pacquiao because he was throwing more and looked more like he wanted the knockout - but those who are in the know would see a Floyd win all over.

Sky are also utterly disgusting, Jim Watts commentary was a consistent beatdown for Pacquiao which was annoying. he varied "This isn't the same Pacquiao" with "He's not doing enough" for the duration. Poor commentator who offered no insight.

Overall it was a proper ant-climax as a fight. Stunk the place out and earned $200 million. 2015 boxing ladies and gents.

Last edited by JabMachineMK2 on Sun 03 May 2015, 6:04 am; edited 1 time in total

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 03 May 2015, 6:03 am

I guess the pro Pacquiao cheering every punch thrown was offset nicely by the verbal Mayweather fellating of the commentary teams.

Mayweather probably stole enough rounds to get the decision but almost all the action and significant moments were Pacquiao.

Mayweather viewing is hard work all the same.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 03 May 2015, 6:05 am

With that said. Manny has himself to blame. Tried to outbox Floyd. When he threw punches in bunches, Floyd had no answers. No idea if it's the 36-year old engine, or he genuinely thought he was dominating, but he was too passive.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sun 03 May 2015, 6:05 am

Mayweather barely landed a punch. It might have been ineffective at times but manny won that fight purely in aggression. Mayweather did nothing at all

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sun 03 May 2015, 6:06 am

PaulHv2 wrote:You should have listened to the V2 coverage, we've had nothing but good feedback Very Happy

Did you say 'masterclass' lots?

I listened in earlier, but seemed like your feed was about 5 seconds slow which I thought might be distracting. Had to suffer the buffoonery of nick halling instead. I stabbed myself with a fork to ease the pain.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Sun 03 May 2015, 6:06 am

kingraf wrote:With that said. Manny has himself to blame. Tried to outbox Floyd. When he threw punches in bunches, Floyd had no answers. No idea if it's the 36-year old engine, or he genuinely thought he was dominating, but he was too passive.

No answer? He was taking them on the arms/elbows and moving out very quickly. When he stood there the 2/3 times and let Manny get shots off he just went into a shell. I'm not sure what you mean at all.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 03 May 2015, 6:06 am

compelling and rich wrote:Mayweather barely landed a punch. It might have been ineffective at times but manny won that fight purely in aggression. Mayweather did nothing at all

Yeah, but Manny didn't hit Floyd. The fight wasn't about whether Floyd could hit Manny
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Sun 03 May 2015, 6:07 am

117-111 to floyd for me. Beyond delusional to see Manny doing enough

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Sun 03 May 2015, 6:07 am

compelling and rich wrote:Mayweather barely landed a punch.  It might have been ineffective at times but manny won that fight purely in aggression. Mayweather did nothing at all

What fight were you watching?

Floyd dominated. Totally dominated. Wasn't even close...!

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 03 May 2015, 6:07 am

Boxing is a sport I'd love to properly get into. I will keep checking around here for when there's something you'd think would truly entice me into it.

Enjoyed reading these opinions. Good night gents, and let's all take a moment to thank Hublot for making watches. They're the real winners here.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 03 May 2015, 6:09 am

compelling and rich wrote:Mayweather barely landed a punch. It might have been ineffective at times but manny won that fight purely in aggression. Mayweather did nothing at all

Yeah, but Manny didn't hit Floyd. The fight wasn't about whether Floyd could hit Manny
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Sun 03 May 2015, 6:09 am

Very poor, seemed to me that Floyd looked just a bit better doing nothing for 3 mins a round than Manny.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 03 May 2015, 6:11 am

The usual crybabies

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 03 May 2015, 6:11 am

JabMachineMK2 wrote:
kingraf wrote:With that said. Manny has himself to blame. Tried to outbox Floyd. When he threw punches in bunches, Floyd had no answers. No idea if it's the 36-year old engine, or he genuinely thought he was dominating, but he was too passive.

No answer? He was taking them on the arms/elbows and moving out very quickly. When he stood there the 2/3 times and let Manny get shots off he just went into a shell. I'm not sure what you mean at all.

So taking it on the shoulder etc is how you win 10-9 then?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Sun 03 May 2015, 6:13 am

#Mayweather - Thrown 435. Landed 148
#Pacquiao - Thrown 429. Landed 89

Manny was never going to throw 100 a round as you have to do that against a punching bag.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 03 May 2015, 6:14 am

Go away silly Billy..

Consensus is Manny lost....Deal with it !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Sun 03 May 2015, 6:15 am

I don't see how you can score that any wider than 2 round's maybe 3 at a push. Remembering that both guys are world champions...you can't say one guy had to take it to the other more than vice vera. Manny was the more active (even if not as active as normal) but Mayweather didn't catch Manny with anywhere near the number of counters he has done in previous fights against the likes of Mosely, Maidana x2, Marquez etc.

Everyone is so quick to say 'Mayweather is master defensive fighter'...'he rolls the shoulders and catches punches with his arms'....but be brutally honest...how many of his punches landed flush tonight?! Very Very few! ..Oh and whilst I am at it....if anyone defends his holding and pulling the head down tactics tonight I DO NOT WANT TO SEE ANYONE MOANING ABOUT KHAN...else I think Mods should consider an immediate ban Wink

Anyhow....to sum it up...an interesting fight...not a classic, certainly not worth $100 Cable...and no where near the 'fight of the generation' fights of yesteryear...but an ok fight. (casuals will definitely feel short changed)

There were plenty of ebb and flow rounds and I'm sure if I went and rewatched it I could give it slightly different one way or the other....but for me Mayweather didn't do nearly enough to win any score card 117-111.

As for our resident American Truss...I'm hard pushed to disagree with him regards Khan....the Brit throws enough (more than Manny)...in longer combos...and with better reach, than Manny does and is at the right age to catch Mayweather...

But, so we get know 'your bias'...congrats Mayweather; he truly is up there with the very best of all time, but will always come with the caveat of 'could have done more'...'could have done it sooner'...in terms of securing his legacy.

Ultimate lesson......6 years, isn't 'in the making'....it's 'past it's sell by date'...!

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 03 May 2015, 6:16 am

Back to bed..

Top 10 nailed on...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 03 May 2015, 6:18 am

Christ there's a few on here showing their true colours, that was not close in the slightest, how can you win on work rate when you're not throwing more.

118-110 easy

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 03 May 2015, 6:19 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Back to bed..

Top 10 nailed on...

Easily. Can't think of many better at Welter than him, and certainly not 9 others.

Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sun 03 May 2015, 6:19 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Boxing is a sport I'd love to properly get into. I will keep checking around here for when there's something you'd think would truly entice me into it.

Enjoyed reading these opinions. Good night gents, and let's all take a moment to thank Hublot for making watches. They're the real winners here.

Thought god was the winner... He's been losing out to al haymon of late, but back on top tonight.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 03 May 2015, 6:22 am

I've got no issues with a Floyd win. I mean I gave it Manny by a point! Don't see a masterclass. Simple as.

Moreover, reading the twitter comments, seems people aren't happy they paid $100 for this. Reading on here. The fight of the century had about 40 comments from three posters live. Great night for Manny and Floyd. Not sure this is what catapults boxing back into the main stream though. If anything, probably more of a "and this is why we don't watch boxing" scenario... Expecially if you compare it with Game seven of the Clippers-Spurs
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 03 May 2015, 6:24 am

The real winners tonight are the bastards who paid $10 for tickets to Canelo-Kirkland, Milky. They have $9990 to spend on normal things
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Sun 03 May 2015, 6:28 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Christ there's a few on here showing their true colours, that was not close in the slightest, how can you win on work rate when you're not throwing more.

118-110 easy

I would love to see how you give that as 118-110...that signifies a true boxing lesson!! That was far from that, no matter how much you love manny/floyd or hate manny/floyd...tbh that score card shows ignorance at it's highest. If you truly thought he won 10 rounds out of 12 then I would love to see where...given he landed at most 50 odd punches more (I'd hazard a guess 2/3rds were in the last 2 rounds).

This fight more than anything shows how different people view things when personal bias comes into play; as stated, I had Manny by 2 but tbh, and as said on the live feed couldn't not say Mayweather won if I went back and watched. But to say a guy who not just threw so little but came forward so little won so clearly is maddening. If your counter punching your opponent to the level he did against Hatton...Marquez...Guerrero etc...then fair enough, but he wasn't...not even anywhere close to that. Everytime Floyd caught a punch on an arm/shoulder it was 'he's incredible at rolling punches...he can roll his shoulder with ease..blah blah'...but there were plenty of times where Manny did the same and got no credit at all.

This isn't a post to push a Manny win, as I said...could have gone either way IMO, but to say one dominated is ignorant of the overall scoring/manner in which to score boxing, especially WORLD title fights.

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 03 May 2015, 6:36 am

You could have condensed that down into one sentence; 'I wanted Pacquiao to win'.

It was a boxing masterclass, Pacquiao won the 4th and 6th that's it and really go on about ignorance when you've scored the fight completely wrong.

50 punches more is an awful lot when you're both throwing barely more than 30 a round, it gives a false impression when you trying using an overall stat for a fight scored round by round. It's almost as if you have to be throwing a lot of punches for it to be considered a clear victory, if you're landing, controlling the pace and not getting hit you can't lose rounds.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Sun 03 May 2015, 6:38 am

owen10ozzy wrote:be brutally honest...how many of his punches landed flush tonight?!

A lot more than Pacquiao. The crowd cheered whenever Pacquiao landed so there's that influence to take into consideration.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 03 May 2015, 6:39 am

117-111, PAC didn't come close, one sided for Floyd. Disappointing, the reach was way too much. Give Floyd an advantage and he becomes too good. And he has an advantage in most fights. Floyd looked way too big in there.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sun 03 May 2015, 6:40 am

kingraf wrote:I've got no issues with a Floyd win. I mean I gave it Manny by a point! Don't see a masterclass. Simple as.

Moreover, reading the twitter comments, seems people aren't happy they paid $100 for this. Reading on here. The fight of the century had about 40 comments from three posters live. Great night for Manny and Floyd. Not sure this is what  catapults boxing back into the main stream though. If anything, probably more of a "and this is why we don't watch boxing" scenario... Expecially if you compare it with Game seven of the Clippers-Spurs

Everyone else was engrossed in the fight raf... Just slackers like us that waffle on during it.

Floyd Canelo was a masterclass. This was a clear win, but not vintage stuff from either in my view. I thought 116-112 was about right. But not much clean landed from either guy in any round.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sun 03 May 2015, 6:41 am

Mayweather won easily against an all time great, almost completely nullified him.

There's nothing else to say really.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Sun 03 May 2015, 6:44 am

Floyd won it for me, I don't know about a 'master class' though.

I thought it was a boring/average fight but that's to be expected when a fight happens five years too late.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sun 03 May 2015, 6:46 am

Agree... They can't all be Leonard hagler Wink

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next