The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Culture Cup 2.0 round 5

+22
milkyboy
rIck_dAgless
ChequeredJersey
Trebs
dancingweeman
The Boss
Nakatomi Plaza
Stella
JuliusHMarx
compelling and rich
jbeadlesbigrighthand
Union Cane
Dolphin Ziggler
ShahenshahG
Galted
Rowley
Hammersmith harrier
Hero
superflyweight
seanmichaels
Adam D
Mind the windows Tino.
26 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

THE BEST EVER DEBUT ALBUM

Culture Cup 2.0 round 5 - Page 4 Vote_lcap5%Culture Cup 2.0 round 5 - Page 4 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 3 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 round 5 - Page 4 Vote_lcap0%Culture Cup 2.0 round 5 - Page 4 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 round 5 - Page 4 Vote_lcap2%Culture Cup 2.0 round 5 - Page 4 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 round 5 - Page 4 Vote_lcap0%Culture Cup 2.0 round 5 - Page 4 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 round 5 - Page 4 Vote_lcap3%Culture Cup 2.0 round 5 - Page 4 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 2 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 round 5 - Page 4 Vote_lcap10%Culture Cup 2.0 round 5 - Page 4 Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 6 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 round 5 - Page 4 Vote_lcap2%Culture Cup 2.0 round 5 - Page 4 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 round 5 - Page 4 Vote_lcap12%Culture Cup 2.0 round 5 - Page 4 Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 7 ]
[ 1 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 round 5 - Page 4 Vote_lcap9%Culture Cup 2.0 round 5 - Page 4 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 5 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 round 5 - Page 4 Vote_lcap12%Culture Cup 2.0 round 5 - Page 4 Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 7 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 round 5 - Page 4 Vote_lcap3%Culture Cup 2.0 round 5 - Page 4 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 round 5 - Page 4 Vote_lcap5%Culture Cup 2.0 round 5 - Page 4 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 3 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 3 ]
[ 3 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 round 5 - Page 4 Vote_lcap7%Culture Cup 2.0 round 5 - Page 4 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 4 ]
[ 0 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 round 5 - Page 4 Vote_lcap7%Culture Cup 2.0 round 5 - Page 4 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 4 ]
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 58

Poll closed

Culture Cup 2.0 round 5 - Page 4 Empty Culture Cup 2.0 round 5

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:12 pm

First topic message reminder :

Round 4 of the Culture Cup 2.0 comes to an end and thank the heavens for that.  As is standard for 2.0, there were some beauties and some utter sh*te picked in this round.  The big winner was The Boss who (after he had put down his Niall Quinn autobiography and chosen his film) picked up maximum points for One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest.  It’s a quality film so no complaints from me.  Trebs scooped up a healthy 8 points for Silence Of The Lambs which is also a tremendous film so again, no complaints here.  Michaels got a lovely present of 8 points for his pick of Forrest Gump.  That’s right folks, Forrest f*cking Gump.  C&R also claimed 8 points with The Godfather.  GrumpyG*lfer picked up 6 points for To Kill A Mockingbird which I also voted for.  Cracking film.  Weeman also picked up 6 points for Raging Bull.  So Forrest f*cking Gump is better than Raging Bull and To Kill A Mockingbird.  Forrest f*cking Gump.  

Lots of posters managed to score a big fat headed zero, including Jeff for On The Waterfront and his arch rival Nicola Sturgeon superfly who, although he did get one vote, won’t be picking up any points as he failed to understand a very simple question and his pick of Lawrence Of Arabia fell outside the criteria.  Jules will be disappointed to pick up some points for Annie Hall, but Galted will be devastated that no votes appeared for Amadeus.  He saw Rupert Grint once.  In a play.  L*l.  He also saw Laura Dern in a film.  Double l*l out loud.  Galted is a really funny guy.  Dresses like a utter spazz but doesn’t let that hold him back in life.  A solid 4 points for Hero keeps our resident champ at the top of the league but he can feel the hot breath of a few men down his neck now.  He’ll enjoy that, no doubt.  The only points Stella has managed to accrue have come from a book I picked for him.  Perhaps the biggest surprise was Union Cane who picked up zero votes for his first choice of The Iron Lady.

Here is the updated league table:

1) Hero 30 pts
2) Paul 24 pts
3) Trebs 24 pts
4) C&R 20 pts
5) The Boss 19 pts
6) Harrier 16 pts
7) Ziggler 16 pts
8) Michaels 16 pts (will be deducted 2 points at the end of the tournament for being a pr*ck)
9) Fat head Adam 15 pts
10) GrumpyG*lfer 14 pts
11) Azzy 11 pts
12) Nakatomi 11 pts
13) weeman 11 pts
14) SerialDAVE 9 pts
15) Jeff 8 pts
16) Shah Abu-bakr 7 pts
17) Beadle 6 pts
18) Jules 5 pts
19) superfly 4 pts
20) Union Cane 3 pts
21) Dagless 3 pts
22) Stella 2 pts
23) Ray Mears big fat zero pts

Round 5 is back to music so please see the poll for THE BEST EVER DEBUT ALBUM.  

Remember, IT’S OPEN FOR ALL OF 606v2 TO VOTE.

Thanks.

Last edited by Mind the windows Tino. on Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:58 am; edited 2 times in total

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Culture Cup 2.0 round 5 - Page 4 Empty Re: Culture Cup 2.0 round 5

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:19 am

DAVE wrote:aw W.A.S.P. at Bradford Rio's years ago...f*cking terrible.

Rio's DAVE, Rio's... For the sake of f**k

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:20 am

Rowley wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Jeff, what do you think of the drumming of Jimmy Bower from EYEHATEGOD?  A little heavy on the hi-hat or just right?

Well obviously I am a fan Tina, who isn't, right? However for me metal drumming reached its apex with the work of Scott Columbus. His drumming on MANOWAR's seminal work Kings Of Metal will arguably never be surpassed.
It's this sort of "stuck-in-the-past" elitism that will prevent either of you from truly appreciating all that is great and good in metal. Check the work of George Kollias on NILE's "Annihilation of the Wicked" or anything Scott Culross played on. Come on guys, do your research.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:23 am

rick_dagless wrote:
DAVE wrote:aw W.A.S.P. at Bradford Rio's years ago...f*cking terrible.

Rio's DAVE, Rio's... For the sake of f**k
Hey, I remember it when it was good...yes, THAT long ago. Christ, I even remember it before it was Rio's.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:23 am

DAVE667 wrote:
Rowley wrote:
Jeff, what do you think of the drumming of Jimmy Bower from EYEHATEGOD?  A little heavy on the hi-hat or just right?

Well obviously I am a fan Tina, who isn't, right? However for me metal drumming reached its apex with the work of Scott Columbus. His drumming on MANOWAR's seminal work Kings Of Metal will arguably never be surpassed.
It's this sort of "stuck-in-the-past" elitism that will prevent either of you from truly appreciating all that is great and good in metal. Check the work of George Kollias on NILE's "Annihilation of the Wicked" or anything Scott Culross played on. Come on guys, do your research.

What about Joey Jordison? Not only does he bang the skin for metal giants SLIPKNOT, he also cuts some guitar riffs with leading horror-punk band MURDERDOLLS.

Now that is one talented chap.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:24 am

DAVE667 wrote:You may want to google a picture of Todd Strange before suggesting he'd get his head kicked in by any of you...

You might want to google a picture of my mate Andy "Captain Poofinger" before you assume Todd would make it through the first term of 6th form.
I just did but then got a stern warning from the I.T. bods....I think it was because I initially googled "pictures of poofinger"

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:26 am

DAVE wrote:Hey, I remember it when it was good...yes, THAT long ago. Christ, I even remember it before it was Rio's.

I will take your word for it mate... Could be worse, could be Tokyo's I guess...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:26 am

Tina - doesn't he also play drums for McBusted and didn't he do quite well on Strictly a while back?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:26 am

DAVE667 wrote:
Rowley wrote:

What about Joey Jordison?  Not only does he bang the skin for metal giants SLIPKNOT, he also cuts some guitar riffs with leading horror-punk band MURDERDOLLS.

Now that is one talented chap.
It seems that way until you actually listen to any of it...it's balls.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:28 am

Todd Strange doesn't seem all that hard. Done well for himself though - Mayor of Montgomery.

http://www.montgomeryal.gov/Home/ShowImage?id=326&t=635500028653630000

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:30 am

superflyweight wrote:Todd Strange doesn't seem all that hard.  Done well for himself though - Mayor of Montgomery.

http://www.montgomeryal.gov/Home/ShowImage?id=326&t=635500028653630000

You're being annoyingly funny today, super.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:31 am

It's schoolboy error strew drivel I've posted...it's f*cking DAVE Culross...you think I'd have that one nailed down...bloody kids have been up since 5am this morning. If this carries on, I'm buying them a milk float and they can go earn a few quid...5am Jesus H Christ!!!!!!!!!!

Super, think you MAY have the wrong Todd. The one I'm thinking of is the behemoth (another great band) with legs like tree trunks

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:33 am

Your search - Andy "Captain Poofinger" - did not match any image results.

Suggestions:
•Make sure that all words are spelled correctly.
•Try different keywords.
•Try more general keywords.
•Try fewer keywords.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:34 am

surname?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:36 am

DAVE667 wrote:It's schoolboy error strew drivel I've posted...it's f*cking DAVE Culross...you think I'd have that one nailed down...bloody kids have been up since 5am this morning. If this carries on, I'm buying them a milk float and they can go earn a few quid...5am Jesus H Christ!!!!!!!!!!

Super, think you MAY have the wrong Todd. The one I'm thinking of is the behemoth (another great band) with legs like tree trunks

http://www.hellomagazine.com/imagenes/profiles//todd-carty/2677-toddcarty1b.jpg

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:36 am

seanmichaels wrote:surname?

He does have one, yes.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:43 am

finger or poofinger?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:12 pm

Am genuinely considering changing my vote to Grace, an album I like rather than love, solely in an attempt to prevent Oasis winning this, which would be a genuine travesty.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:22 pm

Rowley wrote:Am genuinely considering changing my vote to Grace, an album I like rather than love, solely in an attempt to prevent Oasis winning this, which would be a genuine travesty.

I may have to do the same.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:23 pm

seanmichaels wrote:finger or poofinger?
Maybe he's of Swedish origin and his name is Anders "Captain Poof" Inger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:24 pm

Rowley wrote:Am genuinely considering changing my vote to Grace, an album I like rather than love, solely in an attempt to prevent Oasis winning this, which would be a genuine travesty.

I may have to do the same.
If anyone wants to vote for NOLA I'd be eternally grateful a bit less of a c*nt to them for a while

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:24 pm

DAVE667 wrote:

Are you calling my mate Andy a poof?

Step back from the line, DAVE. I don't care if you're Serial or not.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:27 pm

DAVE667 wrote:

Are you calling my mate Andy a poof?

Step back from the line, DAVE.  I don't care if you're Serial or not.
I was merely exploring the possibilities, given our failure to find him on Google. I wasn't suggesting that he actually was gay (or Swedish) and merely exploring a possible alternative. No need to get all f*cking baity about it

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:51 pm

The weightlifting forum. The gift that keeps on giving

https://www.606v2.com/t59305-strengthening-your-grip

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:59 pm

I'm off to Ikea this weekend to buy a Billy bookcase, white.

I've already got two, bloody good bookcases they are, adjustable shelves in case your books vary in height. Easy to assemble, even with a cat biting your wrist. Sturdyish too, though maybe not for you if you have kids.

That's the Billy bookcase.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:00 pm

Galted wrote:I'm off to Ikea this weekend to buy a Billy bookcase, white.

I've already got two, bloody good bookcases they are, adjustable shelves in case your books vary in height.  Easy to assemble, even with a cat biting your wrist. Sturdyish too, though maybe not for you if you have kids.

You going to rock on down there in your Hi-Tecs?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:04 pm

Probably not, Galtova's starting to dictate my wardrobe. Wasn't allowed to wear my grey tracksuit bottoms for Wednesday's jaunt to Tesco.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:05 pm

I've already got two, bloody good bookcases they are, adjustable shelves in case your books vary in height. Easy to assemble, even with a cat biting your wrist. Sturdyish too, though maybe not for you if you have kids.

All of my books are exactly the same height. Is there a bookcase out there for me?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:05 pm

superflyweight wrote:The weightlifting forum.  The gift that keeps on giving

https://www.606v2.com/t59305-strengthening-your-grip

I'm sure truss will offer them some hands-on advice for grip strengthening exercises... Mano a Mano

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:06 pm

Galted wrote:Probably not, Galtova's starting to dictate my wardrobe. Wasn't allowed to wear my grey tracksuit bottoms for Wednesday's jaunt to Tesco.

For the sake of f*ck. What is the matter with men these days. Sean's missus dresses him and now you're letting Galtova do the same to you.

Your dad will be disgusted with the man you've grown up to be.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:10 pm

I had a friend at school called billy bookcase. Ironically, he had a bit of a screw loose.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:12 pm

superflyweight wrote:

I've already got two, bloody good bookcases they are, adjustable shelves in case your books vary in height.  Easy to assemble, even with a cat biting your wrist. Sturdyish too, though maybe not for you if you have kids.

All of my books are exactly the same height.  Is there a bookcase out there for me?  

It's true, Enid Blyton books are all the same height.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:13 pm

Galted wrote:Probably not, Galtova's starting to dictate my wardrobe. Wasn't allowed to wear my grey tracksuit bottoms for Wednesday's jaunt to Tesco.

For the sake of f*ck.  What is the matter with men these days.  Sean's missus dresses him and now you're letting Galtova do the same to you.

His dad would be more horrified by him wearing tracksuit bottoms for a non-sporting pursuit (lovely word that).  Tracksuit bottoms? Jimmy Saville tribute act!

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:13 pm

For the sake of f*ck. What is the matter with men these days. Sean's missus dresses him and now you're letting Galtova do the same to you.

At least it's more tolerable than death by nagging.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:15 pm

milkyboy wrote:I had a friend at school called billy bookcase. Ironically, he had a bit of a screw loose.

I had a friend at school called Sarah Snowball, unfortunately she didn't.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:17 pm

superflyweight wrote:

All of my books are exactly the same height. Is there a bookcase out there for me?

The Billy, superfly, it's just as stylish when the shelves are evenly spaced.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:24 pm

I'm thinking of having an alcove in my back bedroom shelved to accommodate my books. There are quite a lot of them.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:24 pm

Which Ikea? Apparently there is a good chinese place at the Croydon one though not Wrap-it-up as far as I know.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:25 pm

Rowley wrote:I'm thinking of having an alcove in my back bedroom shelved to accommodate my books. There are quite a lot of them.

Alcoves or books?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:26 pm

Rowley wrote:I'm thinking of having an alcove in my back bedroom shelved to accommodate my books. There are quite a lot of them.

Not going to do it yourself Jeff? Is TSMR the expert with handtools?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:26 pm

Just the one alcove Tina, worth checking though, my post was not clear.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:26 pm

seanmichaels wrote:

Not going to do it yourself Jeff? Is TSMR the expert with handtools?

I don't do DIY.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:29 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Which Ikea? Apparently there is a good chinese place at the Croydon one though not Wrap-it-up as far as I know.

Croydon. I shall eat heartily before I leave so that I'm not distracted by hunger or menus.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:31 pm

Hero wrote:
milkyboy wrote:I had a friend at school called billy bookcase. Ironically, he had a bit of a screw loose.

I had a friend at school called Sarah Snowball, unfortunately she didn't.

Not with you... probably with tina.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:33 pm

I'd suggest a series of floating bookshelves. Not the most convenient but quite mesmerising on the eye.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:37 pm

Galted wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

All of my books are exactly the same height.  Is there a bookcase out there for me?  

The Billy, superfly, it's just as stylish when the shelves are evenly spaced.

Between September 1 2012, and October 25 2012, it sold 503,441 Billy bookcases around the world. It is its most popular product

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:37 pm

Galted wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:Which Ikea? Apparently there is a good chinese place at the Croydon one though not Wrap-it-up as far as I know.

Croydon. I shall eat heartily before I leave so that I'm not distracted by hunger or menus.

Do save a little room to celebrate your purchase with the traditional ikea hotdog food fight... Eating a plastic sausage whilst partaking in a mustard and ketchup dispenser paintball. All part of the ikea Croydon experience.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:44 pm

milkyboy wrote:
Galted wrote:

Do save a little room to celebrate your purchase with the traditional ikea hotdog food fight... Eating a plastic sausage whilst partaking in a mustard and ketchup dispenser paintball. All part of the ikea Croydon experience.

The Ikea Croydon experience is more likely to involve being stabbed with a Skakad paring knife (£0.75).

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:54 pm

Well don't take your wife

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:56 pm

milkyboy wrote:Well don't take your wife

Wife! l*l out loud.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:14 pm

Is galtova a pet hamster?

I'm lost on this board, tina. I came here expecting friendly banter about mould, yogurts etc and have been put out of kilter by the frenzied debate on assorted genres of loud noisemaking from musical instruments. All a bit unsettling.

Did enjoy the chat about bookcases though. Back to the boxing board for me, and the comfort of tittle tattle on floyd mayweather's legacy.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next