The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

+12
kingraf
superflyweight
Pal Joey
Adam D
rIck_dAgless
Galted
ShahenshahG
Mind the windows Tino.
seanmichaels
Rowley
JuliusHMarx
Union Cane
16 posters

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 7 Empty The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Union Cane Tue 14 Jul 2015, 3:14 pm

First topic message reminder :

Sonia is looking trim again, might be worth another crack?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 7 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Pal Joey Mon 20 Jul 2015, 11:09 am

ShahenshahG wrote:
The Loaded Dog wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:I would technically be a gippo then.

There are places for rent from Monday to Friday. Cheaper but I would need to get lucky every Friday and Saturday night.

Are you OK, mate? What's happened? You haven't been chucked out by the missus have you? If so... I'm so sorry to hear.

If not... then the caravan option sounds interesting.
Or maybe come back to Oz. As they say here: If you are going to rough it out... no better place. You can live like a King in some places -  if you blur your vision a little, wear ear muffs and avoid conversations with the locals.

You might think you're helping but you're really not.

What happens in boarding school stays in boarding school.

But those same skills might come in handy when the boot is on the other foot so to speak.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 7 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by seanmichaels Mon 20 Jul 2015, 11:12 am

The Loaded Dog wrote:

There are places for rent from Monday to Friday. Cheaper but I would need to get lucky every Friday and Saturday night.

Are you OK, mate? What's happened? You haven't been chucked out by the missus have you? If so... I'm so sorry to hear.

Or maybe come back to Oz. As they say here: If you are going to rough it out... no better place. You can live like a King in some places -  if you blur your vision a little, wear ear muffs and avoid conversations with the locals.

Ha! Yes but it is a mutual thing as I am not apologising or backing down.

One of the options is Australia at least for the winter. Have a good friend in Brisbane who can sort me out. Only problem with that is the old man has become quite sick the last few months and if he's on his way out I can't really be away.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 20 Jul 2015, 11:28 am

seanmichaels wrote:
The Loaded Dog wrote:

Ha! Yes but it is a mutual thing as I am not apologising or backing down.

One of the options is Australia at least for the winter. Have a good friend in Brisbane who can sort me out. Only problem with that is the old man has become quite sick the last few months and if he's on his way out I can't really be away.

Sorry to hear about the old man. As for the first thing - went through the same in the first weeks of this century. I was so miserable in the days leading up to my famous phone call to the solicitor (an old school buddy) who calmed me down (I felt like a caged animal) and then reminded me of the fact that this type of thing happens to a lot of people. I was trying to pick up the pieces but my mate said... naaah, let it go! That was all I needed to hear.

Good to have the winter back up option of Qld. Seems like you really like the place. There's some serious growth happening there too now. The Sunshine / Gold Coast(s) are merging into Brisbane... it soon will be like Miami / Ft Lauderdale / Key Largo. A bit of playground with a much nicer hinterland than the Everglades in Fla.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 20 Jul 2015, 11:34 am

The Loaded Dog wrote:

Good to have the winter back up option of Qld. Seems like you really like the place. There's some serious growth happening there too now. The Sunshine / Gold Coast(s) are merging into Brisbane... it soon will be like Miami / Ft Lauderdale / Key Largo. A bit of playground with a much nicer hinterland than the Everglades in Fla.

Apparently Gold Coast a bit rough? Loved Noosa. That would be the dream.

Did you see the Aussie surfer (Fanning) attacked in SA? Remarkably calm...

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 20 Jul 2015, 11:47 am

seanmichaels wrote:
The Loaded Dog wrote:

Apparently Gold Coast a bit rough? Loved Noosa. That would be the dream.

Did you see the Aussie surfer (Fanning) attacked in SA? Remarkably calm...

Yes I did. He's a very lucky guy. JB is the last place on earth I'd dip my toes into. It was just sizing him up... having a sniff.

Gold Coast did have a reputation of being like some feral suburb-sur-mer a while back. Probably more gentrified now with some major developments along the corridor from Tweed Heads to up past Southport.

I agree with you however. Also prefer it further north towards Noosa. Maroochydore, Mooloolaba down to Caloundra is much nicer now too.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 20 Jul 2015, 1:19 pm

Egg sarnie, Chicken soup, solid 7/10

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 20 Jul 2015, 3:19 pm

Beef salad sarnie Rick, very uninspiring. Really need to review my lunch options, need some variety.

Afternoon all. Big week in Sheffield this week. Tramlines at the weekend, the one weekend of the year Sheffield does not earn its title as the UK's worst major city.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 20 Jul 2015, 3:22 pm

Will Sean Bean be there?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 20 Jul 2015, 3:26 pm

Not sure Sean, the Charlatans are there Friday, so Bean's appearance matters little to me.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 20 Jul 2015, 3:30 pm

Does he still have rubbish hair? Burgess not Bean.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 20 Jul 2015, 3:33 pm

I'm likely to be in Sheffield at some point in August Jeff. Are there any forms of entertainment other than paedophilia? I'm not a truck driver so the murder of prostitutes would also prove to be difficult.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 20 Jul 2015, 3:37 pm

Would love to lie to you Superfly but Sheffield is pretty grim, even more so in August as the students have gone back so it is grim and quiet. As you're a man of culture the Showroom cinema is pretty good for obscure art house type films. Also, depending what is on the two theatres, the crucible and Lyceum at alright.

Funnily enough me and my former workmates have just arranged a game of poker for August, so if you want to play bad poker and get drunk with me and a bunch of civil servants you're more than welcome.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 20 Jul 2015, 3:43 pm

Cheers for the offer jeff and whilst that does sound attractive, Mrs Superfly is likely to be with me and although I'm relatively free and easy about meeting up with complete strangers I've met on the internet, I think she may not be quite so keen.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 20 Jul 2015, 3:45 pm

Women are banned anyway Superfly, there is a level of bawdiness not appropriate for the fairer sex.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 20 Jul 2015, 9:59 pm

Tough one on University Challenge tonight, only the fact that the music round was popular music saved me from crushing embarrassment. I am rarely found wanting on my Dusty Springfield knowledge.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 20 Jul 2015, 11:27 pm

Boll0cks.  Missed it.

Still waiting outside Julius's house.  The cat's watching me from inside one of the neighbouring mansions.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 21 Jul 2015, 6:29 am

Fist bitches good morning vietnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 21 Jul 2015, 7:02 am

Morning Shah, nanu nanu and whatnot

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 21 Jul 2015, 9:00 am

Galted wrote:Boll0cks.  Missed it.

Still waiting outside Julius's house.  The cat's watching me from inside one of the neighbouring mansions.

You missed a belter Galted. The captain for Liverpool looked like he could have been the drummer for Freddie and The Dreamers or one of those type of  bands.

Morning all.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 21 Jul 2015, 9:13 am

Rowley wrote:Tough one on University Challenge tonight, only the fact that the music round was popular music saved me from crushing embarrassment. I am rarely found wanting on my Dusty Springfield knowledge.

One of my better ones - 12 correct answers.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 21 Jul 2015, 9:16 am

Not more than eight, got all four of the music round, but then was very scratchy, think a stock answer for a British artist in Turner paid off towards the end of the show.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 21 Jul 2015, 10:26 am

Sh1te on here

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 21 Jul 2015, 10:43 am

http://www.theguardian.com/music/quiz/2010/dec/09/toughest-pub-music-quiz-britain

16/35 for me.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 21 Jul 2015, 10:50 am

15/35 for me

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 21 Jul 2015, 11:25 am

23/35

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 21 Jul 2015, 11:33 am

Some good oldies in there for you Jules.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 21 Jul 2015, 11:37 am

19 for me

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Tue 21 Jul 2015, 11:44 am

35/35

You're allowed to use google right?

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 21 Jul 2015, 11:46 am

Rowley wrote:19 for me

Not enough Jazzy, Jeff?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 21 Jul 2015, 11:49 am

I would have liked a couple more on the subject if I'm honest Rick

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 21 Jul 2015, 11:52 am

It is tough being on the cutting edge of the musical elite Jeff...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 21 Jul 2015, 12:06 pm

It really is Rick, people don't appreciate how hard it is. Listening jazz is hard work enough, listening to improvisational jazz solely to annoy Tina takes a commitment.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 21 Jul 2015, 12:09 pm

Jeffers wrote:listening to improvisational jazz solely to annoy Tina takes a commitment.

We all appreciate it Jeff, we really do.

Speaking of, where is Tino?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 21 Jul 2015, 12:18 pm

rick_dagless wrote:
Rowley wrote:19 for me

Not enough Jazzy, Jeff?

Fresh, Prince Richard of Dagless.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 21 Jul 2015, 12:36 pm

No idea where Tina is Rick. His commitment to the Cup leaves a lot to be desired.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 21 Jul 2015, 12:49 pm

9/35

Left out the ones where I had no idea, which was most of them, instead of guessing.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 21 Jul 2015, 1:02 pm

20/35 - some wild guesses in there using the principle that in a multiple choice quiz, there's more chance that b or c are correct than a or d.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 21 Jul 2015, 1:12 pm

Any 'Falling Down' style meltdowns in the city reported?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 21 Jul 2015, 1:37 pm

Nope. The angry kiwi is in Hayes for two weeks.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 21 Jul 2015, 2:40 pm

Hayes? Isn't that a sh1thole?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 21 Jul 2015, 3:05 pm

eh? how does this work?

A 24-year-old man has been charged over an alleged plan to attack US military personnel in the UK.

Junead Ahmed Khan has also been charged, along with his uncle Shazib Ahmed Khan, 22, both from Luton, over attempting to join Islamic State militants in Syria.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 21 Jul 2015, 3:18 pm

In what sense Sean?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 21 Jul 2015, 3:32 pm

24 year old and his uncle, 22

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 21 Jul 2015, 3:52 pm

My youngest uncle is 2 years older than me and the age difference between him and my dad who is the eldest is 17 years. Mum and dad were both 19 when I was born and my grandmother 39. Young marriage often throws up this kind of weird stuff. Could also be step uncle - step family isn't really emphasised in pakistani culture unless they're total bastards.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 21 Jul 2015, 5:17 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Hayes? Isn't that a sh1thole?
It is.  There are two of them, one near Slough and one in Kent.  Both are sh1tholes.

The angry kiwi is in the one near Slough.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 21 Jul 2015, 5:35 pm

Galted wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:Hayes? Isn't that a sh1thole?
It is.  There are two of them, one near Slough and one in Kent.  Both are sh1tholes.

The angry kiwi is in the one near Slough.

Is there a row going on there?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 22 Jul 2015, 6:26 am

clap clap

Fist bitches. How the devil are we dear RickShaw?

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 22 Jul 2015, 6:49 am

'sup Shahmoa

How goes your fine morn?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 22 Jul 2015, 7:21 am

Sunny with a brisk breeze, no wildlife about to accentuate the fairly decent weather. Stomach is empty but gotta wait till the fire test is done so I can leave the site for a few minutes. Would you rick buy food from a cafe bar that sold sanitary towels on a stand next to the coffee shop?

And how's your morning?

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 22 Jul 2015, 7:38 am

Not too shabby here mate though going to be stuck in a meeting room for most of the day to be honest, may just buy some glasses with fake eyes on and nap through the meetings...

P.S.

No wildlife to report barring some horses belonging to the travelling community...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next