The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has Danny Cipriani been let off alleged drink driving..

+7
TJ
nathan
Gwlad
spaynter
lostinwales
No 7&1/2
No9
11 posters

Go down

Has Danny Cipriani been let off alleged drink driving..  Empty Has Danny Cipriani been let off alleged drink driving..

Post by No9 Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:22 am

... as per the heading.. As Danny Cipriani alleged drink driving been quashed, found not guilty or has Stuart Lancaster lost the backbone he seemed to have, by still considering him for the England squad.

No9

Back to top Go down

Has Danny Cipriani been let off alleged drink driving..  Empty Re: Has Danny Cipriani been let off alleged drink driving..

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:25 am

Decision by the police whether to charge him has been put back to after the wc.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Has Danny Cipriani been let off alleged drink driving..  Empty Re: Has Danny Cipriani been let off alleged drink driving..

Post by lostinwales Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:28 am

His hearing has been postponed. Does seem to be a grey area, but surely its up to Lancaster as to what he sees as problematic behaviour that needs to be made an example of and what he doesn't.

For what its worth the reasons for dropping Hartley are clear - as in him not being available at the start of the RWC could leave us too exposed (but I could see him returning if there is an injury to another hooker). And Tuilagi's offense was greater, and irrelevant, as he won't be fit anyway.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by No9 Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:32 am

I'd been out of the country for the last two months, and although there was internet where I was Wink , been so busy I haven't had chance to "surf" the net...

Back to the to the subject though... convenient the decision to delay proceedings eh!!!

IMO, still doesn't defer from the decision. Cips has already tarnished the Eng rep., and should be given his marching orders.

No9

Back to top Go down

Post by spaynter Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:37 am

No9 wrote:I'd been out of the country for the last two months, and although there was internet where I was Wink , been so busy I haven't had chance to "surf" the net...

Back to the to the subject though... convenient the decision to delay proceedings eh!!!

IMO, still doesn't defer from the decision. Cips has already tarnished the Eng rep., and should be given his marching orders.

Are you suggesting the RFU has some pull with the Met Police? What's your proof?

As for dropping him, Lancaster obviously believes (with the rest of the civilised world) in the principle of 'innocent until proven guilty'.

Would hardly be fair on Cipriani if his case was heard and he was found not guilty. He'd miss a world cup for nothing.

spaynter

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:40 am

It is convenient to a point as hes a good player and itt akes away a late ish decision. Probably dents Slades chances a touch. Disagree with your last point, touch harsh to string someone up until guilty.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by No9 Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:58 am

spaynter wrote:
No9 wrote:I'd been out of the country for the last two months, and although there was internet where I was Wink , been so busy I haven't had chance to "surf" the net...

Are you suggesting the RFU has some pull with the Met Police? What's your proof?

As for dropping him, Lancaster obviously believes (with the rest of the civilised world) in the principle of 'innocent until proven guilty'.

Would hardly be fair on Cipriani if his case was heard and he was found not guilty. He'd miss a world cup for nothing.

Nope never said that, I said it was convenient... How you tie that back to me suggesting the RFU and Met Police arranged it is in your head not mine...

As for point 2.... Slightly different drink driving to other crimes. The police have the evidence, they would have taken a blood/urine sample at the time proving his guilt. The only question remaining for the courts in drink driving is the punishment depending on the severity (ie how much over he was). So stating "innocent until proven guilty" in this case doesn't really wash... He has already been proven guilty as he would have a positive sample, if it had been negative he would not have been charged.

No9

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:03 am

Not been charged yet so not guilty yet.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by spaynter Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:07 am

No9 wrote:
spaynter wrote:

Nope never said that, I said it was convenient... How you tie that back to me suggesting the RFU and Met Police arranged it is in your head not mine...

As for point 2.... Slightly different drink driving to other crimes. The police have the evidence, they would have taken a blood/urine sample at the time proving his guilt. The only question remaining for the courts in drink driving is the punishment depending on the severity (ie how much over he was). So stating "innocent until proven guilty" in this case doesn't really wash... He has already been proven guilty as he would have a positive sample, if it had been negative he would not have been charged.

You wrote "convenient the decision to delay proceedings eh!!!". I'll leave it to others to decide whether it was reasonable of me to take that as conspiratorial.

We have something called due process, which goes along with the aforementioned principle. That Lancaster respects both of these principles isn't something I'd criticise him for.

spaynter

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:29 am

course he hasn't but it makes no sense that his bail has been extended again…all the evidence required was available on the night it happened. clearly some bright spark has decided they need to delay proceedings until post roc but i bet my best leeks he gets charged when he answers

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:57 am

No9 wrote:
spaynter wrote:

If the police had such clear cut evidence proving his guilt the hearing would be a simple affair and wouldn't of been postponed

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:27 am

nathan wrote:
No9 wrote:
spaynter wrote:

If the police had such clear cut evidence proving his guilt the hearing would be a simple affair and wouldn't of been postponed

there is no 'hearing' yet. a new bail date indicates outstanding evidence to be gathered or a case file is gathering cobwebs waiting for charging advice.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:56 pm

There is a grey area in drink driving when you blow over at the roadside but have a blood test in the police station and that shows under the limit - but if the blood test was delayed they have to extrapolate back to find the estimated true reading at the time of the arrest. This has to be tested in court to find guilt. Often there is a intermediate step where the evidential breath test machine in the station shows them only to be slightly over and a blood test is done to ensure accuracy.

It appears Cipriani is in this grey area

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:19 pm

Sounds like common sense has broken out. That's a nice change.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:38 am

TJ wrote:There is a grey area in drink driving when you blow over at the roadside but have a blood test in the police station and that shows under the limit - but if the blood test was delayed they have to extrapolate back to find the estimated true reading at the time of the arrest.  This has to be tested in court to find guilt.  Often there is a intermediate step where the evidential breath test machine in the station shows them only to be slightly over and a blood test is done to ensure accuracy.

It appears Cipriani is in this grey area

TJ ….were you guilty or not guilty? Laugh Laugh

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by welshboii15 Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:25 am

Can't believe england are leaving him out of the world cup squard such a boring back line their going have with out him

welshboii15

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:29 am

welshboii15 wrote:Can't believe england are leaving him out of the world cup squard such a boring back line their going have with out him
Didn't need him to score the most tries in the 6 Nations with our boring backline. Cheers Ale

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by welshboii15 Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:31 am

Im not being funny your back line on saturday was most likely the strongest you got for the world cup apart from watson and it had no spart till him amd care come on

welshboii15

Back to top Go down

Post by welshboii15 Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:31 am

Im not being funny your back line on saturday was most likely the strongest you got for the world cup apart from watson and it had no spartk till him and care come on

welshboii15

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:36 am

You're judging the whole backline on a performance where they weren't given the ball? When the game was over it was easier for those guys to make an impact.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by welshboii15 Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:39 am

He is one of the most exciting and creative english players available

welshboii15

Back to top Go down

Post by wrfc1980 Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:42 am

Wales have the dullest backs in world rugby, not to mention the dullest game plan

wrfc1980

Back to top Go down

Post by welshboii15 Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:48 am

I totally agree with what your saying Wales are poor but in their defense their backs and game plan has won them championships

welshboii15

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:53 am

Whats boring about Englands backline?

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down