The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greatest performances you ever saw!!

+25
BALTIMORA
Fists of Fury
Young_Towzer
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Imperial Ghosty
azania
Michaels, Sean
superflyweight
mckay1402
Sir. badgerhands
Liam_Main
Soldier_Of_Fortune
88Chris05
samevans1
Mind the windows Tino.
Scottrf
The Galveston Giant
6oldenbhoy
HumanWindmill
The_Phenom
ONETWOFOREVER
Rowley
Adam D
Steffan
TRUSSMAN66
29 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Greatest performances you ever saw!! - Page 2 Empty Greatest performances you ever saw!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 01 Jun 2011, 10:20 am

First topic message reminder :

Maybe for one night somebody shone like never before or maybe a great fighter was truly exceptional....These are my great performances I've seen in my lifetime.....Remember I'm only a young pup!!

NUNN vs Tate....Tate was an olympic gold medallist and a talented champion and he got absolutely out thought, outboxed and devastated by a complete performance from a guy who under-achieved!!

CHAVEZ vs Rosario.....The night I met my Wife but I won't hold that against JC...Rosario destroyed the no 1 light in Bramble with an awesome display...Then got slammed against the ropes and basically told he was getting battered and that he was going to like it...Awesome..

CURRY vs Mccallum...Yep he lost to the lottery punch but those four rounds were Curry at his awesome best..Beautiful Boxing my advice log off youtube before the fifth..

DURAN vs Hagler...Yep my old rolling Mate....Watch the amount of times Duran bluffs Hagler he's coming in makes Hagler commit...then takes a step back and counters..Sly old dog although Tommy always rolls him..

BUSTER vs Tyson....For one fight Buster committed himself and showed the talent he always had...

STARLING vs Honey..9-0 on my card and a very good educational guide to disarming a thug who thought he could disrespect you by just wading in...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Greatest performances you ever saw!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Greatest performances you ever saw!!

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 01 Jun 2011, 4:07 pm

Thank god for that, Jeff. Despite not having the local bias that you do, it always nags me when Naz's oppo are referred to as bums. Personally I thought that he beat some quality fighters, albeit not world renowned, and without trying to make the usual excuses I think we can all agree that it wasn't the real Naz against Barrera that night, despite Marco fighting a perfect fight.

As a side note, I really miss the showmanship of the Prince, and to an extent boxing as a sport does, too. 100% entertainment and box office, and when coupled with his fearsome KO power he really was a spectators dream (even if that dream, for some, was to see him get his backside handed to him!)

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Greatest performances you ever saw!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Greatest performances you ever saw!!

Post by azania Wed 01 Jun 2011, 4:08 pm

Linda Lovelace gave an awesome performance. Apparently she didn't have a gad reflex. 8)

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 01 Jun 2011, 4:12 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:Aren't Def Leppard Sheffield's finest..?

Always more a Tony Christie man myself, although strictly speaking he's from Donny

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed 01 Jun 2011, 4:24 pm

rowley wrote:

Always more a Tony Christie man myself, although strictly speaking he's from Donny

I always thought it was a sorry state of affairs if Def Leppard are the best Sheffield has to offer.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 01 Jun 2011, 4:26 pm

There are apparently some young whipper snappers called Article Monkey's or some such that the youngsters seem keen on.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 01 Jun 2011, 4:27 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:
rowley wrote:

I always thought it was a sorry state of affairs if Def Leppard are the best Sheffield has to offer.

Sean Bean?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Wed 01 Jun 2011, 4:31 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:
rowley wrote:

Sean Bean?

This is Bravo Two Zero Over.
We are in the sh1t over.
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 01 Jun 2011, 4:34 pm

Michaels, Sean wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:
rowley wrote:

Sean Bean?

We are in the sh1t over.

I was thinking more of Boromir, actually, but each to their own.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 01 Jun 2011, 4:36 pm

My mate met Sean Bean in his local the other week, apparently he was a genuinely nice bloke.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 01 Jun 2011, 4:37 pm

rowley wrote:My mate met Sean Bean in his local the other week, apparently he was a genuinely nice bloke.

Not if your an orc. I heard he can get right nasty then.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Wed 01 Jun 2011, 4:38 pm

Michaels, Sean wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:
rowley wrote:

Sean Bean?

We are in the sh1t over.

You can't ignore his best work? When Saturday comes:

Who do you think you're talking too?
You you w@nker!

Patriot games, Ronin, Lady Chatterley's Lover.....
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Wed 01 Jun 2011, 4:40 pm

rowley wrote:My mate met Sean Bean in his local the other week, apparently he was a genuinely nice bloke.

Massive blades fan and apparently very down to earth. Has the grizzled northen features that my old man possesses.
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 01 Jun 2011, 4:42 pm

Michaels, Sean wrote:
Michaels, Sean wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:
rowley wrote:

Sean Bean?

We are in the sh1t over.

You you w@nker!

Never had you down as a D.H Lawrence fan Sean? Or was it Joely Richardsons's boobs that did it for you?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Wed 01 Jun 2011, 4:46 pm

Michaels, Sean wrote:
Michaels, Sean wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:
rowley wrote:

Sean Bean?

We are in the sh1t over.

You you w@nker!

Never had you down as a D.H Lawrence fan Sean? Or was it Joely Richardsons's boobs that did it for you?

I do like a supple pair of milkers....
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed 01 Jun 2011, 4:46 pm

Or if you're Spanish, French...or pretty much any kind of continental European who might have gotten on his bad side during the Napoleonic Wars. The bloody bastids.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 01 Jun 2011, 4:47 pm

Or if you were a Trojan, as Odysseus he never did like 'em.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 01 Jun 2011, 4:48 pm

rowley wrote:

Isn't he from Manchester?

(You do mean the bloke who used to present The Word don't you...)
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 01 Jun 2011, 4:53 pm

Union Cane wrote:
rowley wrote:

Yes that's the fella Union, my mistake

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir. badgerhands Wed 01 Jun 2011, 4:53 pm

Union Cane wrote:
rowley wrote:

That was Terry Christian wasn't it?

You mentioning the Word has reminded me of Dani Behr (spelling) however. randy

Sir. badgerhands

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed 01 Jun 2011, 4:54 pm

Terry Christian?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 01 Jun 2011, 5:06 pm

Amanda de Cadanet.

Hmmm.

I thought she was sex on legs at the time, but looking at pictures of her now, hmmm, she's a bit of a monster really.

Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 01 Jun 2011, 5:50 pm

Holyfield v Tyson 1- Tyson's awe may ofbeen broken before bt no one favoured Holy
Naz v Steve Robinson- First time i realized the talent he had and what he might achieve
Morales v Maidana had me shouting my lungs off at what a old legend could do even if Maidana is largely primal

Are we allowed to do fight s before were born we have since watched? If so i have loads

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Wed 01 Jun 2011, 6:14 pm

haye vs valuev
hatton vs tszyu
naz vs barrera
calzaghe vs lacy
groves vs degale
froch vs taylor

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 01 Jun 2011, 10:01 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:

Or if you're Spanish, French...or pretty much any kind of continental European who might have gotten on his bad side during the Napoleonic Wars. The bloody bastids.

Good shout there Balti. Sharpe as a tack my friend.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 01 Jun 2011, 10:03 pm

eddyfightfan wrote:haye vs valuev
Just burst out laughing at that, no offense.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Wed 01 Jun 2011, 10:18 pm

eddyfightfan wrote:haye vs valuev
hatton vs tszyu
naz vs barrera
calzaghe vs lacy
groves vs degale
froch vs taylor

Groves and Degale was close it wasn't a amazing performance by either.

Also Froch was behind on the cards against Taylor. He wasn't impressive till the 12th.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Wed 01 Jun 2011, 10:52 pm

Hobo wrote:I feel that this is like the general ignorance round in "IQ" where I am going to suggest something and an alarm will go off!

Anyway, my nomination is the Calzaghe vs Lacey fight. We always knew that Joe was good but that night he was incredible.

I was going to put that myself. Calzaghe fought the perfect fight that night. Lacey has never been the same since. Don't think Lacey's corner helped though. Should have pulled him out. He had too much guts to drop out himself.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2