The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Go Again! The Premier League thread

+39
socal1976
hampo17
JamesLincs
Crimey
Corporalhumblebucket
gw
Mat
owen10ozzy
sportform
wheelchair1991
Jermaine2015
Atila
nadeem2099
Lowlandbrit
westisbest
Ent
It Must Be Love
kingraf
guildfordbat
compelling and rich
CFCNick
wadey101
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Liam
Hammersmith harrier
Alistair
Trebs
Hero
LivinginItaly
Steffan
Good Golly I'm Olly
lfc91
NickisBHAFC
GSC
Dolphin Ziggler
FIFA Diva
TRUSSMAN66
Duty281
Fernando
43 posters

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 16 Empty We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Fernando Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:47 am

First topic message reminder :

Galloway off for Browning due to injury

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 16 Empty Re: We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Hero Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:15 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
JamesLincs wrote:Ahem! where are the spurs haters right now?

was only a matter of time before we got a few wins together. even when drawing, the performances were good and it was only a matter of time. call it bias but this is the best spurs team since redknapp was in charge. and spurs have to be considered top 4 contenders rather than outsiders

Nonsense

I don't think it's entirely nonsense at all, none of the traditional top four are currently looking like they'll only drop points amongst themselves, the cream usually rises to the top and you'd expect it to be the usual suspects battling for those places come the end of the season but Spurs can only best what's put in front of them and they've not lost since the opening day.
Outside of the top four they're probably the ones that could put up a sustained threat.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 16 Empty Re: We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:17 am

Hero wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
JamesLincs wrote:Ahem! where are the spurs haters right now?

was only a matter of time before we got a few wins together. even when drawing, the performances were good and it was only a matter of time. call it bias but this is the best spurs team since redknapp was in charge. and spurs have to be considered top 4 contenders rather than outsiders

Nonsense

I don't think it's entirely nonsense at all, none of the traditional top four are currently looking like they'll only drop points amongst themselves, the cream usually rises to the top and you'd expect it to be the usual suspects battling for those places come the end of the season but Spurs can only best what's put in front of them and they've not lost since the opening day.
Outside of the top four they're probably the ones that could put up a sustained threat.

Bit dismissive, but we'd just given Norwich a goal.

The bits in bold I disagree with. Nothing to suggest Spurs have jumped above even Liverpool. They are in the same position, and would be outsiders to knock off United, Arsenal or Chelsea from the top four.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:19 am

Oh I agree the status quo will probably remain but I'd have Spurs as the most likely threat to it come May.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:25 am

Topsy Turvy!  Spurs 4 - Man City 1 after Man City being 1 goal ahead.  None of the top English teams are doing particularly well in Europe so maybe that is a marker for the premiership.  The only thing certain at the moment seems to be Newcastle, Sunderland and Aston Villa heading for the exit.

This year I had Aston Villa and Southampton not doing as well as in the 2014/2015 season because their top players were poached over the summer.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:28 am

To be honest, I always found Silva had a tendency to do a Toure and be exceptional for a period before being invisible for a longer period. Without as much publicity as Toure.

When Aguero is fully fit hes the best player in the league for me.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:35 am

Sakho equalises for West Ham as Sanchez puts Arsenal ahead
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:37 am

GSC wrote:... When Aguero is fully fit hes the best player in the league for me.
Man City's loss of form coincided with Scott Dann of Crystal Palace booting him in the kneecap two weeks ago.  Since then they haven't won a game (apart from the League Cup). Loss to Juventus, West Ham, Tottenham ... after having a perfect winning record. The reversal in fortune couldn't be more dramatic.

Last edited by Nore Staat on Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:39 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:37 am

Nore Staat wrote:Topsy Turvy!  Spurs 4 - Man City 1 after Man City being 1 goal ahead.  None of the top English teams are doing particularly well in Europe so maybe that is a marker for the premiership.  The only thing certain at the moment seems to be Newcastle, Sunderland and Aston Villa heading for the exit.

This year I had Aston Villa and Southampton not doing as well as in the 2014/2015 season because their top players were poached over the summer.

Nonsense

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:43 am

John wrote:
Nore Staat wrote:Topsy Turvy!  Spurs 4 - Man City 1 after Man City being 1 goal ahead.  None of the top English teams are doing particularly well in Europe so maybe that is a marker for the premiership.  The only thing certain at the moment seems to be Newcastle, Sunderland and Aston Villa heading for the exit.

Nonsense
Well on current form these teams are predictable. There needs to be some seismic change in mentality.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:45 am

Still too early really. Leicester won't keep up this form forever. Bournemouth seem fairly limited.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:52 am

John wrote:

Nonsense

It really isnt. You're fighting Sunderland for worst team in the league, and not just on points accrued. You look awful.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:58 am

Just leave these here:

Juan Mata has either scored or assisted in five of his last six Premier League appearances (three assists, two goals). Influence.

Since joining Manchester United, Mata has outscored every other midfield from open play in the Premier League. The Spaniard has bagged an impressive 16 goals with Yaya Toure and Eden Hazard in joint second with 14.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:07 am

Rooney has scored via his thigh
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:08 am

Socal will be pleased to know that Whitaker elbowed Payet in the throat earlier and got a ticking off and nothing more. And the same punishment for lunging in on Lanzini. Lucky to be on the pitch, let alone cardless

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:09 am

So we're up to a 20 game ban so far.

Another elbow and he can book his holiday.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:12 am

Jonny Howson has just picked up an injured pigeon on the pitch and taken it off, putting it behind the advertising hoardings. Olly will probably have ejaculated.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:12 am

If he hadnt then he will just seeing Ruddy's save

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:15 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
John wrote:

Nonsense

It really isnt. You're fighting Sunderland for worst team in the league, and not just on points accrued. You look awful.

Nonsense

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:17 am

Blind optimism, John. Sheffield Wednesday would agree with us.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:17 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Just leave these here:

Juan Mata has either scored or assisted in five of his last six Premier League appearances (three assists, two goals). Influence.

Since joining Manchester United, Mata has outscored every other midfield from open play in the Premier League. The Spaniard has bagged an impressive 16 goals with Yaya Toure and Eden Hazard in joint second with 14.

Zzzzzzzzzzz

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:17 am

Sturridge now scoring! Good day for the England strikers

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:18 am

LiamB wrote:

Zzzzzzzzzzz

Quality rebuttal, sound logic
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:19 am

LiamB wrote:

Zzzzzzzzzzz

If I have to read stuff about Mata not being worth his place...

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:25 am

You will do what? Ban me from your monopoly, dictatorship of the Prem Thread, where it's your opinion & everything else is disregarded.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:27 am

Actually, I meant I will post stats about him being good. Like I did. Seemed pretty obvious that.

Grow up, Liam

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:28 am

Martial has been brilliant today.

Really shown an ability to hold the ball up and link play.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:29 am

LiamB wrote:You will do what? Ban me from your monopoly, dictatorship of the Prem Thread, where it's your opinion & everything else is disregarded.

I mean you could actually contribute discussion instead of a pointless comment.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:29 am

He may not but I certainly will if you carry on.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:30 am

i call dibs if this happens Whistle

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:31 am

I thought he had already rage quit this forum to be honest
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:32 am

Ent wrote:Martial has been brilliant today.

Really shown an ability to hold the ball up and link play.

He deserves a goal and it does feel like there's another one or two for us in this game.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:38 am

Hat trick for Alexis Sanchez. Only a matter of time.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:40 am

That is why Sanchez is one of the best players in this league.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:40 am

Norwich make it 2-1, West Ham not that comfortable on the front foot as on the back foot.

Bournemouth equalise at Stoke.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:41 am

West Ham are very average

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:42 am

Will Dolph take the bait
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:43 am

LiamB wrote:West Ham are very average

I'll save Dolph the effort of replying to this nonsense, Arsenal, City and Liverpool beaten away is not the sign of an average team.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:46 am

Geordie Shore Starting XI: Krul, Janmaat, Mbemba, Coloccini, Mbabu, Sissoko, Anita, Colback, Wijnaldum, Perez, Mitrovic

Subs: Elliot, Williamson, Lascelles, Obertan, Thauvin, de Jong, Toney

Chelski Starting XI: Begovic, Ivanovic, Zouma, Cahill, Azpilicueta, Matic, Fabregas, Pedro, Oscar, Hazard, Remy.

Subs: Blackman, Terry, Mikel, Ramires, Willian, Kenedy, Falcao

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:47 am

2-1 Stoke
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:48 am

West Ham have been very funny this season. Absolute beasts away from home, beaten by relegation contenders at home on a few occasions.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:49 am

West ham equalise
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:50 am

Giroud makes it 5 for Arsenal
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:51 am

And the awful utterly terrible averageness that is Juan Mata has scored again Wink

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:52 am

Juan Mata has either scored or assisted in six of his last seven Premier League appearances (three assists, three goals). Influence.

Since joining Manchester United, Mata has outscored every other midfield from open play in the Premier League. The Spaniard has bagged an impressive 17 goals with Yaya Toure and Eden Hazard in joint second with 14.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:52 am

Could be big points dropped by West Ham and Bournemouth in the run in
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:55 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:

Juan Mata has either scored or assisted in six of his last seven Premier League appearances (three assists, three goals). Influence.

Since joining Manchester United, Mata has outscored every other midfield from open play in the Premier League. The Spaniard has bagged an impressive 17 goals with Yaya Toure and Eden Hazard in joint second with 14.

Wait, ive got a witty and worthy contribution to discussion.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz? Is that what we do? censored

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:56 am

Liams gone quiet all of a sudden.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:00 am

Draw was fair. Team looked knackered from midweek, Moses had no running so we lost our pacey outlet and Noble was full of mistakes. Dont think Hoolahan is fouled (in fact Id say he dived) for the freekick that lead to Redmond's goal, but Norwich were good enough for a point at least. They need a dangerous striker, neither Jerome or Mbokani were threatening the goal really. Payet being tired hurt, but his quality got us the point with assist and brilliant delivery leading to the equaliser.

GSC - you'll love Carroll almost choosing not to score late on. Weird striker play.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:02 am

I'm ambivalent towards Carroll these days. I think my point has been proved by now
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:03 am

All three promoted sides are playing really well looking like they are not easily going to be relegated.  I suppose the key for them is avoidance of injuries to key players and squad depth.  While potential relegation candidates West Ham and Leicester look like they are going to steer clear of the relegation zone this season.  This really puts the pressure on Sunderland, Newcastle & Aston Villa.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next