The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Go Again! The Premier League thread

+39
socal1976
hampo17
JamesLincs
Crimey
Corporalhumblebucket
gw
Mat
owen10ozzy
sportform
wheelchair1991
Jermaine2015
Atila
nadeem2099
Lowlandbrit
westisbest
Ent
It Must Be Love
kingraf
guildfordbat
compelling and rich
CFCNick
wadey101
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Liam
Hammersmith harrier
Alistair
Trebs
Hero
LivinginItaly
Steffan
Good Golly I'm Olly
lfc91
NickisBHAFC
GSC
Dolphin Ziggler
FIFA Diva
TRUSSMAN66
Duty281
Fernando
43 posters

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 17 Empty We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Fernando Sun 23 Aug 2015, 4:47 pm

First topic message reminder :

Galloway off for Browning due to injury

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 17 Empty Re: We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by GSC Sat 26 Sep 2015, 5:05 pm

I think you're being very kind to Bournemouth who look somewhat out of their depth
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 17 Empty Re: We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Fernando Sat 26 Sep 2015, 5:11 pm

They look no worse then Sunderland or Newcastle tbh.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 26 Sep 2015, 5:13 pm

Some would argue Sunderland and Newcastle also look out of their depth so far.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Sep 2015, 5:15 pm

Sunderland have already been beaten by Bournemouth & Norwich.
Newcastle have been beaten by Watford.

With Manchester United now leading the Premiership - I suppose it is theirs to lose ... or rather they are now realistic challengers for the Premiership title.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sat 26 Sep 2015, 5:19 pm

I'd love them to be contenders but I think the light squad numbers will come back to haunt them at times.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat 26 Sep 2015, 5:24 pm

I wonder how many Chelsea will put past Geordie Shore XI im going for 4

In other weird news the petition about Mike Dean reffing Arsenal games got over 100k & could now be debated in Parliament Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 26 Sep 2015, 5:28 pm

28 goals today so far is it? Good stuff.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Sep 2015, 5:33 pm

GSC wrote:Liams gone quiet all of a sudden

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Sep 2015, 5:41 pm

No red cards in the premiership so far.

Yellow Cards Awarded
Tottenham 5 Manchester City 1: ....... Total = 6 Yellow
Leicester 1 Arsenal 1: ...................... Total = 2 Yellow
Liverpool 0 Aston Villa 0: ................. Card free game.
Man Utd 0 Sunderland 3: ................. Total = 3 Yellow
Southampton 3 Swansea 1: ............. Total = 4 Yellow
Stoke 1 AFC Bournemouth 0: ........... Total = 1 Yellow
West Ham  0 Norwich City 0: ........... Card free game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 26 Sep 2015, 5:45 pm

LiamB wrote:

No, it's called I have a life away from a computer screen, unlike you

That must have been a hectic 40 minutes for you Liam.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 26 Sep 2015, 5:48 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:
LiamB wrote:

No, it's called I have a life away from a computer screen, unlike you

That must have been a hectic 40 minutes for you Liam.

Hey, a lot can happen in 40 minutes.

Like Mata scoring and West Ham equalising.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Sep 2015, 5:54 pm

Good decent start, quite comical the posts saying how awful we're supposed to be. Results have been poor, as much as the fixtures have been hard, but we have a good side, just needs time & for Mitrovic to finally settle in & bring everyone in to the game. But nail us on for relegation, like you were nailing on City for the title.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 26 Sep 2015, 6:11 pm

John wrote:Good decent start, quite comical the posts saying how awful we're supposed to be. Results have been poor, as much as the fixtures have been hard, but we have a good side, just needs time & for Mitrovic to finally settle in & bring everyone in to the game. But nail us on for relegation, like you were nailing on City for the title.

Nailing on and thinking its possible is different, John. You've basically dismissed any possibility of you going down and belittled anyone for suggesting it. You can see why I'd argue back.

I would expect you to play well today, though. Newcastle play well against Chelsea. It might be good for expectation to be off the players' shoulders.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Sep 2015, 6:12 pm

Perezzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 26 Sep 2015, 6:13 pm

Now I do like Ayoze

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 26 Sep 2015, 6:16 pm

What on earth was Zouma doing?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Sep 2015, 6:17 pm

If Newcastle win - it would make for an interesting after match interview with Mourinho. You could have got 5-1 odds for a Newcastle win.

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Sat 26 Sep 2015, 6:19 pm

John, just out of interest, weren't you saying last week or whatever that you felt Newcastle were a poor team or something a long those lines?

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Sat 26 Sep 2015, 6:22 pm

Does this mean the Chelsea relegation jokes are back on?

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Sep 2015, 6:22 pm

I've labelled us as embarrassing against Watford, but always knew a good side was in there. Didn't help McClaren phasing out Perez for the start of the season & Mitrovic being suspended. Our system looks much better now & threatening. Mbabu playing like this also takes Haidara out the side permanently.

Last edited by John on Sat 26 Sep 2015, 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 26 Sep 2015, 6:23 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:What on earth was Zouma doing?

Just being his usual not very good self really, if he played for any other team I don't think he'd be rated at all.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Sat 26 Sep 2015, 6:24 pm

Zouma not very good? Sorry but i don't agree with that at all.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 26 Sep 2015, 6:30 pm

Zouma lacks consistency, but considering his age he shouldnt be expected too much consistency quite yet given that centre backs generally dont peak as early as other positions.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 26 Sep 2015, 6:33 pm

He just strikes me as a Micah Richards type, when you get past his natural gifts like strength and pace he's just not very good.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Sat 26 Sep 2015, 6:35 pm

Whenever Zouma has been given the opportunity which has been more often recently, even when he plays in other positions he has taken it and gone and shown that he belongs. By the way it's rare that i miss watching a Chelsea game so i have watched him play.

He is still young with plenty of time to develop as well.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 26 Sep 2015, 6:38 pm

Phil Jones is more akin to what you just described than Zouma I think. He has talent beyond his physical gifts but still needs refining
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Sat 26 Sep 2015, 6:39 pm

Are you talking about what i said? Or Dolph?

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 26 Sep 2015, 6:43 pm

I do have talent beyond my physical gifts, but I don't think he meant me Miky Cool

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 26 Sep 2015, 6:45 pm

Wenger ignoring Fabregas when Chelsea signed him is being justified continually.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sat 26 Sep 2015, 6:45 pm

I rate Zouma very highly, for me he's up there with the likes of Varane, Laporte, Gimenez, Marquinhos and Rugani as the future great centrebacks.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Sat 26 Sep 2015, 6:46 pm

I would say that it hasn't been Dolph considering Fabregas had the most assists in the league last season and we won the title but maybe i don't know anything.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 26 Sep 2015, 6:47 pm

Holymiky wrote:I would say that it hasn't been Dolph considering Fabregas had the most assists in the league last season and we won the title but maybe i don't know anything.

He was fantastic half the season, but since that first half I don't really remember him having a good game. I think hes been truly awful so far this season too

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Sep 2015, 6:48 pm

2-0!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Sep 2015, 6:49 pm

Fernando wrote:I wonder how many Chelsea will put past Geordie Shore XI im going for 4

How's this working out?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Sep 2015, 6:52 pm

It has been said that Newcastle had decent players but were not putting the effort in and their structure was poor. If Newcastle hang on then maybe they can kick on to mid table security.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 26 Sep 2015, 6:53 pm

I would still like to see them turn up against a team that was on our below the level they believe of themselves.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 26 Sep 2015, 6:54 pm

Fabregas and Costa were good for the first half of last season but their subsequent form has been poor, the former is a luxury player and offers nothing to a struggling team.

The thing is Hero, I don't rate any of those you mentioned, Varane and Marquinhos aren't anything special, being at Real and being Brazilian respectively seems to give them a reputation they do not deserve.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 26 Sep 2015, 6:55 pm

Very good game today at Upton park, thoroughly enjoyable and a good point (although obviously gutted not to hang on).

With every passing game I'm becoming more confident we'll survive. We're playing good stuff week in week out.

Also you can see why west ham want out of Upton park, sheesh what a hole
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Sat 26 Sep 2015, 6:57 pm

I am interested to see who you do rate out of the younger centrebacks then HH? Chris Smalling, Phil Jones, Paddy Mcnair, Tyler Blackett?

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 26 Sep 2015, 6:58 pm

Smalling is too old to be considered a young centre back but has had a very good start to this season, Jones is awful, Blackett will only ever be average and Mcnair too inconsistent.

Would actually say the man Chelsea missed out on Jack Stones has more 'POTENTIAL' than all of them, too risky for the price being quoted in my opinion though.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Sat 26 Sep 2015, 6:59 pm

Okay so who around the world do you rate then as a "young" centreback?

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 26 Sep 2015, 7:01 pm

Zouma isn't particularly good, has potential to be ok. I agree with HH in that he reminds me of Micah Richards
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Sat 26 Sep 2015, 7:06 pm

What a strike from Ramires!

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 26 Sep 2015, 7:09 pm

What a hit!

Zouma seems to have many of the limitations Ivanovic had at centre back. But Branislav never got better and had to go to fullback.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Sat 26 Sep 2015, 7:10 pm

I felt Ivanovic was good at centreback personally.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 26 Sep 2015, 7:13 pm

Ivanovic is pony
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Sat 26 Sep 2015, 7:14 pm

And there is the equaliser lads!

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 26 Sep 2015, 7:20 pm

John wrote:
Fernando wrote:I wonder how many Chelsea will put past Geordie Shore XI im going for 4

How's this working out?

Halfway there
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Sat 26 Sep 2015, 7:25 pm

"Where were you when you were Poopie", Newcastle fans sing. Ironically our Poopie is still better than they are.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Sat 26 Sep 2015, 7:27 pm

To be fair to Newcastle they played well.

Last edited by Holymiky on Sat 26 Sep 2015, 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next