The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stadium for Cornwall

4 posters

Go down

Stadium for Cornwall Empty Stadium for Cornwall

Post by Cumbrian Fri 28 Aug 2015, 1:11 pm

Stadium has been granted planning permission and they expect the first phase to be completed by 2017.

I'm impressed with the Pirates and they could be another good addition to the Premiership, they seem to be doing it the 'right' way like Exeter (as opposed to London Welsh) by building the infrastructure and laying good foundations. The stadium will initially be 6000 seats, but there is scope for it to be increased to 10,000 should they get promoted (which seems sensible to me). Plans make it look like a nice little stadium too.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/34061294

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33730599
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Stadium for Cornwall Empty Re: Stadium for Cornwall

Post by Cumbrian Fri 28 Aug 2015, 1:17 pm

Talk of Bedford Blues looking at being involved in building a new ground too, which could be exciting too.

http://www.bedfordshire-news.co.uk/8203-Leaders-discuss-plan-possible-multi-million/story-26827800-detail/story.html
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathman_in_London Fri 28 Aug 2015, 1:41 pm

I hope this eventually goes ahead, although it seems crazy to have 2 stadiums built 5 minutes drive from each other in many ways.

The problem here is that the stadium was going to be part funded by selling off part of the land to a large supermarket. Given the well documented issues within that sector, the development needs to some alternative retailers too put themselves forward to make the project viable.

Bathman_in_London

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 28 Aug 2015, 2:24 pm

Terrific news. Anywhere to Truro is going to be a hell of an away trip though

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 28 Aug 2015, 2:36 pm

Bathman_in_London wrote:I hope this eventually goes ahead, although it seems crazy to have 2 stadiums built 5 minutes drive from each other in many ways.

Gald that after god knows how many years planning permission is in place. Agree though two similar stadiums minutes apart seems daft. Shared multi-purpose stadium would seem to make more sense.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down