The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cornwall

5 posters

Go down

Cornwall Empty Cornwall

Post by RubyGuby Thu 23 May 2013, 3:31 pm

Good luck at HQ this weekend lads - What a fantastic performance last week - I still have a sore throat from yelling at you lot. thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Cornwall Empty Re: Cornwall

Post by BristolDave Thu 23 May 2013, 3:37 pm

Assume they will do their usual trick and the last one to leave Cornwall will turn the lights off

BristolDave

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Thu 23 May 2013, 3:38 pm

They'll probably do it dreckly Dave thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Chjw131 Thu 23 May 2013, 3:41 pm

Get On Boys!

Chjw131

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Thu 23 May 2013, 3:52 pm

Get on indeed - what a game at Camborne last weekend - Best since the 1973 Barbarians v All Blacks from start to finish thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Chjw131 Thu 23 May 2013, 4:19 pm

Awesome according to match reports. Work took over for me!

Chjw131

Back to top Go down

Post by Dubbelyew L Overate Fri 24 May 2013, 8:30 pm

Article in The Western Morning News that Trelawny's Army have mobilised 20,000 Cornish men and women to march on Twickenham. I hear they're putting on a bit of a warmup game, too.

Dubbelyew L Overate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 May 2013, 7:11 pm

Does anyone else remember when Cornwall was going to be the future of English rugby, with massive home crowds, and huge travelling support? What happened?

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Sun 26 May 2013, 7:25 pm

Sounds like the pack did well but outside lancs seemed to run them around a bit.
Well played lancs.

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Sun 26 May 2013, 7:31 pm

mawhis wrote:Does anyone else remember when Cornwall was going to be the future of English rugby, with massive home crowds, and huge travelling support? What happened?

The massive support was squandered. The county championship was reduced to meaningless (not to those who play in it) in terms of coming from a much lower lever so people lost interest. The pirates were only ever really Penzance newlyn so struggled to broaden their support and are back in pz playing in front of their home crowd now and there was never the vision to realise the stadium for Cornwall so no top level facility anyone could use as a basis for it like exeter did.

I often wondered what might have been had the reds got uncle dickies money , as they own their ground and it has been a wonderful place for cornish rugby, they could have built on it and done better and developed it into a top class place. Pz were never in the right place to capture The big support they needed. An opinion I am sure their fans wouldnt agree with and fair enough but the moving around and ending up back where they started suggests it wasn't ideal and cost a lot of money.

Having said that though we'd have still been redruth to Cornwall and we are a parochial lot, so getting us all to get behind them would have still been impossible. You probably needed a new professional cornwall team for all of Cornwall but thou i had heard the idea mooted nobody ever got behind it that could do it.

Yup, lots of missed opportunities and sadly in my sons age group I see much more support for football now. The ship might just have sailed.

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down