The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+52
Dass
Redrage
links
Skydriver
LadyPutt
navyblueshorts
Fernando
Enforcer
KeizoYamata
No1yankee
1GrumpyGolfer
Marcus
BlueCoverman
Lairdy
barragan
tarka
ScottieD18
JohnnyH
raycastleunited
Scottrf
JDandfries
beninho
goldwolf
Nay
super_realist
Bob_the_Job
Diggers
SmithersJones
Adam D
JPX
oldparwin
McLaren
dynamark
sharrison01
kwinigolfer
Yadsendew
Doon the Water
JAS
oldshanker
Doc
MustPuttBetter
Noshankingtonite
Faldono1fan
theeldestboy
graeme
Maverick
Rossa
puligny
LondonJonnyO
Davie
Mercurio
drive4show
56 posters

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 19 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by drive4show Wed 01 Jun 2011, 1:09 pm

First topic message reminder :

The old 606'ers know the score, discuss anything on here that doesn't fit in on any other current thread.

But be warned, usual rules apply. ANYTHING that goes 'on topic' will be deleted!! Yahoo

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 19 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by drive4show Mon 12 Dec 2011, 8:24 pm

Has the right to post sensible comments and threads been removed on this site?

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 19 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren Mon 12 Dec 2011, 8:28 pm

Hey hows it going? was hoping you would come back.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Dec 2011, 8:30 pm

D4S, It's not fair on our new members to advertise another forum. Im sure you will understand that.

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Mon 12 Dec 2011, 8:31 pm

Mac, I only came back to post an article inviting people to post on both forums, there shouldn't be an 'us and them' situation. You are welcome to post over there as well, I've cleared it with the admins Smile

But your admins removed my thread as soon as I created it and I can no longer send pm's.

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 12 Dec 2011, 8:32 pm

Hi d4s,
Tres magnifique to see you.
It seems we're being left alone for the time being, much to the benefit of the Board.
Hope everything's good down Broadstone way . . . .

Oops, Spoke a second too soon.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Mon 12 Dec 2011, 8:33 pm

Y I Man wrote:D4S, It's not fair on our new members to advertise another forum. Im sure you will understand that.

Why shouldn't they have the opportunity to post on both? Not very mature of you removing a perfectly sensible thread, it wasn't threatening to this site in any way. And then to remove my ability to pm, what is that all about?

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 12 Dec 2011, 8:35 pm

Drive

I am surprised the mods dont let people see the new place just so new posters learn to appreciate the superior quality of v2. Wink
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Mon 12 Dec 2011, 8:35 pm

kwini

As much as I would love to stick around and chat with you, I fear the admin team are going to make it very difficult for me to do so Rolling Eyes

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Mon 12 Dec 2011, 8:36 pm

McLaren wrote:Drive

I am surprised the mods dont let people see the new place just so new posters learn to appreciate the superior quality of v2. Wink

Personal opinion Mac but feel free to be a double dipper and enjoy the best of both worlds Very Happy

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Dec 2011, 8:38 pm

D4S, I'm not stopping people posting on both sites, and I hope you continue to post here (we have something exciting in the pipeline for the golf section) but Im sure you can understand we cant let the other site be advertised here (as is the case with any other forums). Its not connected to v2, and as I said, its not fair for those new members who have just joined v2 in the last few days.

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 12 Dec 2011, 8:40 pm

d4s,
I'm sure I could pm the site to anyone who's interested.

YI,
I understand what you're saying but if this site is good enough guys and gals will continue to post here. If not, the other site will grow at v2 expense, but you know as well as I do (?) that there's a lot of quality right here.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Mon 12 Dec 2011, 8:41 pm

Y I Man wrote:D4S, I'm not stopping people posting on both sites, and I hope you continue to post here (we have something exciting in the pipeline for the golf section) but Im sure you can understand we cant let the other site be advertised here. Its not connected to v2, and as I said, its not fair for those new members who have just joined v2 in the last few days.

That is total rubbish and you know it, how can you possibly say it's 'not fair'? All you are trying to do is protect your own interests. And as for me continuing to post on here, why should I do that when you remove my thread and ability to send pm's? If you want people to act like adults on here, I suggest you set an example.

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 12 Dec 2011, 8:42 pm

D4s

Talk golf not forum politic, its way more fun anyway. :D
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Dec 2011, 8:44 pm

I dont want to start another kick off or anything, so I will drop this as I dont want another argument. Hope you have an enjoyable evening lads. Ale

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Mon 12 Dec 2011, 8:45 pm

YI

Any chance you will put my thread back up?

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Dec 2011, 8:48 pm

I wish I could D4S, but its inviting the whole section to another forum. I cant do that. I am sorry, but our rules are rules. Its the same principle as if someone advertised not606 or another forum. That thread would be taken down also. All the regular posters know of it, but we have to protect our new members. (I know thats harsh, but as you said, we have to protect our own interests moving forward)

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Mon 12 Dec 2011, 8:52 pm

Y I Man wrote:I wish I could D4S, but its inviting the whole section to another forum. I cant do that. I am sorry, but our rules are rules. Its the same principle as if someone advertised not606 or another forum. That thread would be taken down also. All the regular posters know of it, but we have to protect our new members. (I know thats harsh, but as you said, we have to protect our own interests moving forward)

Well there you have it posters, that pretty much confirms to me that your admins are here to protect their own interests, not yours. There are two good forums out there, feel free to contribute to both!

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Mon 12 Dec 2011, 8:54 pm

Thank you for confirming that YI, I would have thought far less of you if your weren't protecting your own interests.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 12 Dec 2011, 8:58 pm

drive4show wrote:
Y I Man wrote:I wish I could D4S, but its inviting the whole section to another forum. I cant do that. I am sorry, but our rules are rules. Its the same principle as if someone advertised not606 or another forum. That thread would be taken down also. All the regular posters know of it, but we have to protect our new members. (I know thats harsh, but as you said, we have to protect our own interests moving forward)

Well there you have it posters, that pretty much confirms to me that your admins are here to protect their own interests, not yours. There are two good forums out there, feel free to contribute to both!

D4S answer me this would the new forum would welcome us joining on their and advertising? There wouldn't be a hope in hell they would let us and you know that.

We're here to do the best for our forum and it's members if it means no advertising of other sites that aren't linked to us then so be it.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 12 Dec 2011, 9:04 pm

For Christ sake you Admin guys, this has been peaceful for the past few days.
Can't you just let bygones be bygones and let everyone move on? Including you??
No negative response required.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Mon 12 Dec 2011, 9:06 pm

fernando

Do you not realise that all those posting on the other forum came from this site?

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Dec 2011, 9:07 pm

Im trying to Kwini, the last thing I want is more arguments.
Lets please drop it. The drinks are on me.
Ale guinness cider

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Mon 12 Dec 2011, 9:23 pm

YI, I didn't come here to start any arguments, I was also hoping that by posting in a responsible manner, I would be treated like an adult.

Well that's it, I'm off now back to the dark side. My offer is genuine, we hold no grudges and we are a welcoming bunch.

Merry Christmas everyone and I hope to have good banter with you all in the near future, sadly it won't happen on this forum.

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Mon 12 Dec 2011, 9:26 pm

Oh, and one more thing.....

Feel free to continue using my moniker in the title of this thread, my little legacy to the site Wink

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Dec 2011, 9:28 pm

I wish you all the best D4S, and hope you have a great Christmas. thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 12 Dec 2011, 9:56 pm

Only two points in it now, I see man city doing a Newcastle post christmas and mancini loosing it Keegan style.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 12 Dec 2011, 10:40 pm

Crucial home games coming up in the next four wks for Man City, vs Arsenal and Liverpool. While you could make a strong case for City beating Stoke at home, then WBA, Sunderland and Wigan on the road.

AVB says December will "be decisive". Not in a good way for Chelsea unless there are some big upsets. Can't see YYToure being missed at all, good chance for De Jong to get an airing or two.

Reckon Man Utd need to win all their games then keep their fingers crossed.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Tue 13 Dec 2011, 3:13 pm

Mac,
See Fletcher is to be out for an indefinite period for health reasons. Something seriously wrong there methinks. Lots of speculation until his prognosis is published.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Tue 13 Dec 2011, 3:27 pm

Bowel disease apparently Kwini?! Sounds serious
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 13 Dec 2011, 3:46 pm

Ok, it is this apparently

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulcerative_colitis#Prognosis

Seems to affect quality of life rather than mortality thankfully. Still very sad that he will miss the rest of the season and presumably other long spells in the future if it flairs up. Big chance for jones to shine now and hopefully Carrick can hit top form.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Tue 13 Dec 2011, 4:02 pm

Which Major Championship winner suffered from inflammatory bowel disease, eventually having to have his colon removed?
Hopefully it won't come to that with Fletch.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 13 Dec 2011, 4:23 pm

Did the caddie carry the bag?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Tue 13 Dec 2011, 4:24 pm

You've said 'his' so it's obviously not Babe Zaharias but didn't she also achieve that 'feat'? She certainly won a major following colon cancer
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Tue 13 Dec 2011, 4:40 pm

MPB,
Definitely a he, but sounds like you're right with BZ. Hadn't realised that.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by puligny Tue 13 Dec 2011, 8:22 pm

Sounds nasty for Fletcher. Started his pro career with a serious nearly career threatening injury and now this when he has established himself as a top class player. Good luck to him.

puligny

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Wed 14 Dec 2011, 1:53 pm

Mystery....
We have just received a £20 box of Thorntons choccys and the card just said Thank you for all your help over the years.
It was not from the usual suspects [who we politely asked.]

Wasn't any of you guys by any chance.'Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 19 1054138444'

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 14 Dec 2011, 1:57 pm

Sounds like a kind gesture from Keizo . . . . .
I'm still waiting for mine.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 14 Dec 2011, 3:28 pm

Kwini,

As a man who has sampled both what do you think and is this worth the bother?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-15975413
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 14 Dec 2011, 5:56 pm

Hi Doon,
Wouldn't be that optimistic.
Geography forces so many regional differences here that can't possibly be encompassed in National broadcasting, whether it's hard news, weather or sport - you have the little local snippets breaking in to Breakfast TV and an evening news programme surely?
Apart from that, the only local stuff we get is sporadic special productions from the Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) and that is very dependent upon local support.
We DO receive "Public Access" TV, but that is pretty much at the level of filming very local community stuff and is not commercial in any way.
I suspect that if there is a local vision and personality to something in your neck of the woods that might catch on, but otherwise seriously doubt you'd see much difference from what you already get.

Our local TV affiliates make their fortunes via syndicated re-runs of commercial successes, Friends, Cheers and the rest. Sorry, not up to date on the programming as I don't watch it!

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Wed 14 Dec 2011, 6:38 pm

Mac
They trialed cable TV in Swindon in the 1980's. Along with a local TV channel with news sport etc.
Concept was good but the presentation was awful. I did my first TV interview on it and the interviewer was a nervous wreck. We did so many second takes that it made me feel quite confident.

The channel was so poor that I think only the people who appeared on it watched it.

I can see it working in Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Glasgow, same as BBC Radio Scotland works on a regional basis.

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by 19th Hole Wed 14 Dec 2011, 6:51 pm

They used to have something similar in the 80/90s on what is now ITV.

I lived in Exeter at the time and they had TSW instead of ITV which basically meant that the regional news was different where you lived (as it is now) however, after the 10 oclock news, you had independent programming hosted by someone between shows on a sofa.

Used to get some cracking horror movies on such as the old Hammer movies with Ingrid Pitt.

My favourite moment was when the usual "anchor" between shows was off sick and they got this new guy in. He was so lost for things to say, that during one between programme segment he put his sock on his hand and talked to it like a puppet!

TSW was so much better than the ITV programming of today.

19th Hole

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 14 Dec 2011, 10:29 pm

Thanks for the background guys, looks like I can look forward to amateur TV covering the local school fete. Plus there is no way I would stop watching BBC breakfast for the local version, especially when mrs Reid is on.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 14 Dec 2011, 10:31 pm

PS

Anyone seen that he of dog-gate fame has somehow lost all perspective with a posting in the place of which we do not speak? Holy cow, talk about poor taste and irony..............
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by liegerwoods Wed 14 Dec 2011, 10:33 pm

i lost the link mac

but it doesnt surprise me....it will be carnage over there !

liegerwoods

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 14 Dec 2011, 10:43 pm

lieger

follow me on twitter

@JeremyBear
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by liegerwoods Wed 14 Dec 2011, 10:45 pm

TWITTER????

i better get signed up then

cheers mac

liegerwoods

Back to top Go down

Post by JPX Wed 14 Dec 2011, 10:47 pm

ha ha yeah I saw that mac, very poor taste indeed. Amazing the comments they are allowing there!

JPX

Back to top Go down

Post by shudofhita4iron Wed 14 Dec 2011, 11:27 pm

just read the thread mac,it stomps all over "dog gate"

dont think anyone can begrudge you a wry smile

shudofhita4iron

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Thu 15 Dec 2011, 9:13 am

McLaren wrote:follow me on twitter

@JeremyBear

Jeremy.........how did i know your name would be something like that !! Laugh Laugh Laugh

I'll be honest, i'd have guess Trevor or Julian before Jeremy but that will do for laughs OK
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by JPX Thu 15 Dec 2011, 9:21 am

I hate to spoil your fun MPB, but that looks like a moniker Mac uses for twitter.

Doh

JPX

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next