The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SF2: Argentina v Australia, 25 October

+39
offload
sportform
Notch
Geordie
whocares
LeinsterFan4life
Heaf
wolfball
temporary21
Rory_Gallagher
VinceWLB
nathan
madmaccas
westisbest
eirebilly
Duty281
R!skysports
rodders
SecretFly
maestegmafia
Shifty
Cyril
brennomac
RubyGuby
fa0019
boomeranga
Biltong
mikey_dragon
glamorganalun
emack2
yappysnap
kingraf
RuggerRadge2611
milkyboy
Pal Joey
LondonTiger
AirHOrse
majesticimperialman
George Carlin
43 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

SF2: Argentina v Australia, 25 October  - Page 4 Empty SF2: Argentina v Australia, 25 October

Post by George Carlin Mon 19 Oct 2015, 7:29 am

First topic message reminder :

SF2: Argentina v Australia, 25 October  - Page 4 Pumas_10       SF2: Argentina v Australia, 25 October  - Page 4 Wallab10   
ARGENTINA AUSTRALIA

25 October 2015
16:00 BST (UTC+01)
Twickenham, London

Live on [TBC]

Ref: Wayne Barnes (England)
ARs: Jaco Peyper (South Africa) & George Clancy (A World Of His Own)
TMO: Ben Skeen (New Zealand)

A. Head to Head

24 Played 24
5 Won 18
1 Drawn 1
18 Lost 5
372 Points 644

B. Recent Form

25 July 2015
Estadio Malvinas Argentinas, Mendoza
9 – 34 to Australia

4 October 2014
Estadio Malvinas Argentinas, Mendoza
21 – 17 to Argentina

13 September 2014
Cbus Super Stadium, Gold Coast
32 – 25 to Australia

5 October 2013
Gigante de Arroyito, Rosario
17 – 54 to Australia

14 September 2013
Subiaco Oval, Perth
14 – 13 to Australia

6 October 2012
Gigante de Arroyito, Rosario
19 – 25 to Australia

15 September 2012
Skilled Park, Gold Coast
23 – 19 to Australia

10 October 2003
Stadium Australia, Sydney
24 – 8 to Australia

C. TEAMS:

ARGENTINA
SF2: Argentina v Australia, 25 October  - Page 4 Mia-ma11
Tuculet; Cordero, Bosch, J Hernandez, Imhoff; Sanchez, Landajo; Ayerza, Creevy, Herrera; Petti Pagadizabal, Lavanini; Matera, Fernandez Lobbe, Senatore.

Replacements: Amorosino for Imhoff (19) De la Fuente for J Hernandez (44), Cubelli for Landajo (56), Figallo for Herrera (61), Alemanno for Petti Pagadizabal (58), Noguera for Matera (64), Isa for Senatore (49).

Not Used: Montoya.

AUSTRALIA
SF2: Argentina v Australia, 25 October  - Page 4 Margot12
Folau; Ashley-Cooper, Kuridrani, Giteau, Mitchell; Foley, Genia; Slipper, Moore, Kepu; Douglas, Simmons; Fardy, Hooper, Pocock.

Replacements: Toomua for Folau (64), Beale for Giteau (47), Phipps for Genia (67), Smith for Slipper (53), Polota-Nau for Moore (60), Holmes for Kepu (53), Mumm for Simmons (67), McCalman for Fardy (56).

Last edited by George Carlin on Mon 26 Oct 2015, 5:10 am; edited 2 times in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

SF2: Argentina v Australia, 25 October  - Page 4 Empty Re: SF2: Argentina v Australia, 25 October

Post by Pal Joey Sun 25 Oct 2015, 6:19 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:
nathan wrote:
The Loaded Dog wrote:4th world cup final for both countries. Must be the water around here, yeah?

Is that a gloat?

Oh Nathan. Rolling Eyes

ha ha. No. Just an observation. Sorry, I was thinking out loud. Emotions got the better of me.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

SF2: Argentina v Australia, 25 October  - Page 4 Empty Re: SF2: Argentina v Australia, 25 October

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sun 25 Oct 2015, 6:20 pm

No need for any apologies - congratulations on making the final! Without a doubt, the 2 best teams in the competition.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sun 25 Oct 2015, 6:21 pm

The Loaded Dog wrote:
Rory_Gallagher wrote:
nathan wrote:
The Loaded Dog wrote:4th world cup final for both countries. Must be the water around here, yeah?

Is that a gloat?

Oh Nathan. Rolling Eyes

ha ha. No. Just an observation. Sorry, I was thinking out loud. Emotions got the better of me.

No need to apologise! Just pulling your leg

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sun 25 Oct 2015, 6:21 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:
nathan wrote:

Is that a gloat?

Oh Nathan. Rolling Eyes

What?

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 25 Oct 2015, 6:23 pm

Top performance from Australia. Argentina paying for a poor start to the match, and then a (imo) dodgy yellow when they looked like they'd gotten to grips with the match. Did well to get to within striking distance, but the whole they dug for themselves (with Aus help of course) was too big for them to have an answer.

We're now faced with the frightening prospect of Aus winning a cricket and rugby world cup in the same year... again
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sun 25 Oct 2015, 6:23 pm

Sorry Nathan, I didn't realise you were joking. Dry humour is hard to pick up online. thumbsup

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sun 25 Oct 2015, 6:24 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:Sorry Nathan, I didn't realise you were joking. Dry humour is hard to pick up online. thumbsup  

thumbsup

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sun 25 Oct 2015, 6:26 pm

Quite surreal listening to Eales and Gregan already talking about the psychological/mental mode as well as the physical/injury concerns mode in preparation for next week... and then they suddenly cut away to the Cup Runneth Over studio... and some clowns wearing bright clothing carrying on like buffoons!

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 25 Oct 2015, 6:27 pm

The Loaded Dog wrote:Quite surreal listening to Eales and Gregan already talking about the psychological/mental mode as well as the physical/injury concerns mode... and then they suddenly cut away to the Cup Runneth Over studio... and some clowns wearing bright clothing carrying on like buffoons!

Ah, John Eales, my favourite player of all time.

Well done to your boys there Tom and good luck in the final thumbsup
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sun 25 Oct 2015, 6:38 pm

kingraf wrote:dodgy orange jetski... and we're now faced with the frightening prospect of Aus winning a cricket and rugby world cup in the same year... again

Very Happy I'd realised you'd noticed that when you posted it last week.

Cricket World Cup
Women's (Non-Action) Netball World Cup
Men's Hockey World Cup
The Ashes
Robotic Football World Cup
Touch Football World Cups
-Men's Open
-Women's Open
-Mixed Open
-Women Over 27 Years
-Senior Mixed

That's a lot of world cups. One more would be nice!
(not gloating - just happy)

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Oct 2015, 6:44 pm

The Ashes? Cheeky devil.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Sun 25 Oct 2015, 7:31 pm

Enjoyed that game. Aussies had that killer touch and just managed to stay out ahead when it mattered. Felt a bit sorry for Lavanini. If that's a yellow, Lydiate may as well give up rugby.

Argentina tried to get back into it and with a bit of luck could have taken it right down to the wire. Kudos to Aus for taking their chances. AAC is probably my favourite non-English player. Very classy. Mitchell really knows how to break tackles too!

Good to see both sides playing some rugby and trying to score tries rather than yesterday's attack vs defence game.

Hope Aus can give NZ a good game next week Smile

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun 25 Oct 2015, 10:08 pm

Cyril wrote:Enjoyed that game. Aussies had that killer touch and just managed to stay out ahead when it mattered. Felt a bit sorry for Lavanini. If that's a yellow, Lydiate may as well give up rugby.

Argentina tried to get back into it and with a bit of luck could have taken it right down to the wire. Kudos to Aus for taking their chances. AAC is probably my favourite non-English player. Very classy. Mitchell really knows how to break tackles too!

Good to see both sides playing some rugby and trying to score tries rather than yesterday's attack vs defence game.

Hope Aus can give NZ a good game next week Smile

Am a huge Lydiate fan and agree with that, if they are going to start binning for those issues then he's doomed lol.

As for the game itself I think the occasion and emotion got the better of the Pumas early on and they tried to play to expansive from the off and it went wrong and they were 14 points down.

They came back into it really well but just weren't clinical enough, am not sure if it was a forward pass either for the last try but best team won just, the Aussie defence is pretty special at the moment.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by nganboy Sun 25 Oct 2015, 11:59 pm

I don't think we can say its the water. NZ water is regular with lots of it. Aus water is f...g heaps followed by a drought. Hey a bit like our rugby results.
nganboy
nganboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 26 Oct 2015, 12:29 am

I'm just relieved they made the final to be honest. Pleasing that they had to get there via the harder route and beat the home nations; bar Ireland who unfortunately fell a couple of games short.

About a 1/10 chance of Oz winning it with Richie and Dan's farewell matches being the focus.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 26 Oct 2015, 9:52 am

Well done to the Aussies, there's a ruthless efficiency about them. They don't seem to create a stack of chances but when they do they take them, the cover defence is fantastic. Sides seem to break the first line but it never comes to anything. 

They have all the signs of a well coached quality side and are worthy finalists. Can they win it? Why not... it's a cup final, but I think they'll need the bounce of the ball and the 50:50's to go there way to do it.

Owens seems to like a free for all at the breakdown and both sides have the guys to exploit that.

Should be a cracking final.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by boomeranga Mon 26 Oct 2015, 12:27 pm

Just got to watch the game and very proud of the effort the Wallys put it. Gee they looked tired by the end though.

boomeranga

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Mon 26 Oct 2015, 12:30 pm

Fardy looked completely out of it when he got subbed. Hell of a shift was put in.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4