The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taulupe Faletau transfer blocked

+17
TJ
Fanster
Bathman_in_London
PhilBB
Stone Motif
Chunky Norwich
bedfordwelsh
InjuredYetAgain
thebandwagonsociety
Cardiff Dave
wayne
HammerofThunor
funnyExiledScot
chris_501
yappysnap
mikey_dragon
LordDowlais
21 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Taulupe Faletau transfer blocked - Page 3 Empty Taulupe Faletau transfer blocked

Post by LordDowlais Tue 27 Oct 2015, 4:43 pm

First topic message reminder :

Well, well, well. You are not going anywhere Taulupe, perhaps they will give him a DC after all, or Peters Thomas will flash his millions at him.

The Welsh Rugby Union has refused permission for Newport Gwent Dragons to transfer international number eight Taulupe Faletau.
The region had sought to release the British and Irish Lions forward, with Bath favourites to secure his signing.
Under the funding agreement for Welsh domestic rugby, national coach Warren Gatland has to sanction international players moving outside Wales.
A Dragons statement confirmed permission had been denied.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/rugby-union/34652414

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Taulupe Faletau transfer blocked - Page 3 Empty Re: Taulupe Faletau transfer blocked

Post by Stone Motif Thu 29 Oct 2015, 8:40 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:For his own short term gain Laugh Doh

Care to write why it isn't in something more intelligent than a smiley
?

No, I still find that pretty amusing. Toby might not be allowed to call for his mates now, because he spoke to people at Bath RFC - Gatland said so.

Okay, I'll give it a go. The top priority should be keeping internationals in Wales for as long as possible and spread out across four teams. Good move by WRU. Stuart Davies should have left the discussions to Toby, Bath and the WRU/Gatland - he should have kept his mouth shut instead of going out and trying to fetch a good price.

That's half witted on any number of levels, but let's try and stick to why you don't think Cement Head has blocked this move for purely selfish reasons. Any clarification on that?

If anything, it is NOT selfish to want what's best for Wales and the regions.

Okay, so this philanthropist of St Peter Thomas-like beneficence, who relies on a very small pool of players to deliver an even more limited game plan only effective against tier two opposition to justify his ridiculous salary and length of contract,only want Taulupe to stay to help the Dragons out. Get real Mikey.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Taulupe Faletau transfer blocked - Page 3 Empty Re: Taulupe Faletau transfer blocked

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 29 Oct 2015, 8:44 pm

Stone Motif wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:

?

No, I still find that pretty amusing. Toby might not be allowed to call for his mates now, because he spoke to people at Bath RFC - Gatland said so.

Okay, I'll give it a go. The top priority should be keeping internationals in Wales for as long as possible and spread out across four teams. Good move by WRU. Stuart Davies should have left the discussions to Toby, Bath and the WRU/Gatland - he should have kept his mouth shut instead of going out and trying to fetch a good price.

That's half witted on any number of levels, but let's try and stick to why you don't think Cement Head has blocked this move for purely selfish reasons. Any clarification on that?

Okay, so this philanthropist of St Peter Thomas-like beneficence, who relies on a very small pool of players to deliver an even more limited game plan only effective against tier two opposition to justify his ridiculous salary and length of contract,only want Taulupe to stay to help the Dragons out. Get real Mikey.

Not St Peter yet mate. Just an MBE at the mo.

Last edited by Cardiff Dave on Thu 29 Oct 2015, 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : CBE actually. Not sure what the difference is mind ewe.)

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Thu 29 Oct 2015, 9:08 pm

Yeah sainthood is for the Rogers of this world. At least in the minds of those clamouring for Toby to stay For. The. Good. Of. Welsh. Rugby.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 29 Oct 2015, 9:11 pm

Stone Motif wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:

?

You've lost me.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 29 Oct 2015, 9:33 pm

Stone Motif wrote:Yeah sainthood is for the Rogers of this world. At least in the minds of those clamouring for Toby to stay For. The. Good. Of. Welsh. Rugby.

Aye and for the good of Welsh rugby, Toby should be allowed to go where he wants to go.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Thu 29 Oct 2015, 10:47 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:Yeah sainthood is for the Rogers of this world. At least in the minds of those clamouring for Toby to stay For. The. Good. Of. Welsh. Rugby.

Aye and for the good of Welsh rugby, Toby should be allowed to go where he wants to go.

And that is the big and important question.
What does he want?
Supose only he knows and I doubt he will be letting us know any time soon.
So why issue any statement at all? Who benefits from people knowing that any potential move was blocked?
Seems odd to me

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Fri 30 Oct 2015, 9:43 am

mikey_dragon wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:

?

You've lost me.
The 6N is the ceiling as far as Gatland is concerned. His limited vision and game plan requires unprecedented access to a small number of players and without that his charlatan's act is exposed for what it is.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 30 Oct 2015, 10:51 am

Well club rugby seems the ceiling as far as you're concerned, Stone. Stop living in the 90's and wake up.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Fri 30 Oct 2015, 11:19 am

mikey_dragon wrote:Well club rugby seems the ceiling as far as you're concerned, Stone. Stop living in the 90's and wake up.

You're special, fair play.

Apart from the fact that you can make a pretty strong argument that stronger clubs must be the priority for Wales if we are to avoid any further expositions of our comedy player depth such as just witnessed in the world cup,do you honestly think rugby can grow as as a game whilst it remains so slavishly run to the tune of union blazers? You're the one who needs to wake up if so. Or else see if Rog needs any new finance guys down at Cardiff Airport.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 30 Oct 2015, 11:50 am

Stone you're not really talking about anything relevant, and not for the first time either. Clearly you think internationals leaving Wales is a good thing (I doubt you're the only one) where-as I don't. Let's just agree to disagree. How's your new monocle anyway?

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Fri 30 Oct 2015, 11:59 am

mikey_dragon wrote:Stone you're not really talking about anything relevant, and not for the first time either. Clearly you think internationals leaving Wales is a good thing (I doubt you're the only one) where-as I don't. Let's just agree to disagree. How's your new monocle anyway?

Wow. Just wow.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 30 Oct 2015, 12:01 pm

Stone Motif wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:Stone you're not really talking about anything relevant, and not for the first time either. Clearly you think internationals leaving Wales is a good thing (I doubt you're the only one) where-as I don't. Let's just agree to disagree. How's your new monocle anyway?

Wow. Just wow.

thumbsup

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3