The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kong/Kharma

+4
uberkiwi
Adam D
goldustismyhero
Aaronb33
8 posters

Go down

Kong/Kharma Empty Kong/Kharma

Post by Aaronb33 Thu 02 Jun 2011, 8:01 am

Is it just me or does anyone else think the E have made a HUGE mistake with this week's promo/shoot from Kharma? I mean, going from a monster taking down every diva in the division and teasing a program with Kelly Kelly to breaking down crying one week and harping on about the joys of motherhood the next?

I get that it's probably an attempt to combine real life and kayfabe, but I think it went too far. I'd actually say TNA/IW did a MUCH better job booking her than the E have in the last couple of weeks.

Aaronb33

Back to top Go down

Kong/Kharma Empty Re: Kong/Kharma

Post by goldustismyhero Thu 02 Jun 2011, 8:12 am

WWE's hand was forced when they found out she was preggers!

Cant expect them to write her out through injury as there is no diva believable enough to do it!

goldustismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 02 Jun 2011, 8:42 am

They could have had the divas have a meeting saying that Kharma needs sorting.

Then they all confront her backstage as the camera fades out.

when it comes back on she has been beaten out of the storyline.

Cr@p maybe, but hey ho!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by uberkiwi Thu 02 Jun 2011, 9:09 am

They could of put Big Zeke in some dreads, then have Rikishi drive a car at him.

uberkiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu 02 Jun 2011, 9:14 am

The thing is that 9 months to a year lay off is a long time in wrestling especially for the attention span of the ‘Universe’. When she does eventually return WWE will probably do what they want with her, be it return to the split personality with no mention of babies or have her dressed as Captain America, a large number of the kids will be no wiser.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 02 Jun 2011, 10:25 am

I'm surprised the WWE didn't run an angle where the Divas got together and artificially inseminated her in a brutal backstage skit involving Mark Henry and a hand.

They've lost their edge!

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 02 Jun 2011, 1:02 pm

I think it was probably the best thing they could have done in the situation, if you have a beat down you can make her look weak, and that's more likely to stay in the minds of the fans when she returns. Like Hero says, in 9 months most of the fans will have forgotton how she was written out, and it would only take a couple of beatdowns for her to be reestablished as a monster.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaronb33 Fri 03 Jun 2011, 12:00 am

I agree that they needed to acknowledge the real reason why she'll be gone, I just think they went about it the wrong way. The commentary team could have announced it rather than first, having her speak at all, and secondly, come across all doting mother-ish. For those of us with memories greater than that of a goldfish, her image has been destroyed.

Aaronb33

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 03 Jun 2011, 1:06 am

Aaronb33 wrote:I agree that they needed to acknowledge the real reason why she'll be gone, I just think they went about it the wrong way. The commentary team could have announced it rather than first, having her speak at all, and secondly, come across all doting mother-ish. For those of us with memories greater than that of a goldfish, her image has been destroyed.

How has it though? She was in WWE for a couple of weeks, so you knew nothing about her. It isn't the same character as was in TNA, they are marketing it as a completely different person. Also, if she comes back and destroys the Bella twins, would you really not be able to take her seriously just because of this way she was written out?

I can understand if it was the Undertaker, but Kharma hasn't even being pushed as a supernatural character or anything like that.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaronb33 Fri 03 Jun 2011, 1:13 am

Look at her vignettes before she debuted...mentally unhinged, stalker-ish character. Then when she comes in, single handedly wipes out anyone she comes across. Now she's all "Awww cute little dreadlocked breast plated babies, how sweet!". It just doesn't make sense to me. This is where all monster characters lose their edge, when you give them a human side.

Aaronb33

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueDragon1205 Fri 03 Jun 2011, 1:46 am

In my mind it was the most Logical way of writing her out for a while, the only other way it would have worked is if the gave her a Backstage beatdown and she dissapeared for a year.

Lets be honest She'd not had a match on WWE TV and she's hardly shown what she could do to the WWE fans, If they would have had her taken out for a year through fake injury then by the time a year passes the fans would have forgotten all about her and her return would have no momentum.

As it is she Broke Kayfebe and it made alot of the WWE Univese take notice because it was a change fro the norm, her talking about real life wich us IWN (Intenet Wrestling Nerds) consider to be different and therefore intresting, and the TNA fans must have thought, oh my god Awsome Kong has a voice box!!!

All in all it's made alot of people who didn't care about her coming to WWE take notice and those who wanted to see her in action now know that they will see it and that it's just a matter of time.

Sorry if this is a bit rant-ish It's quarter to 2am and I cant sleep lol
BlueDragon1205
BlueDragon1205

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down