The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Go Again! The Premier League thread

+36
Corporalhumblebucket
Atila
1GrumpyGolfer
JamesLincs
Holymiky
LondonTiger
BamBam
Lowlandbrit
Scott is Back
sirfredperry
socal1976
NickisBHAFC
Hammersmith harrier
lfc91
westisbest
Josiah Maiestas
GSC
Good Golly I'm Olly
Ent
Fernando
Dolphin Ziggler
Duty281
Crimey
Adam D
hampo17
LivinginItaly
Hero
newballs
guildfordbat
cherriesfna
kingraf
compelling and rich
Alistair
TRUSSMAN66
Mat
Bull
40 posters

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 12 Empty We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Fernando Sat 28 Nov 2015, 5:12 pm

First topic message reminder :

Leicester City XI: Schmeichel; Simpson, Huth, Morgan (c), Fuchs; Mahrez, Kanté, Drinkwater, Albrighton; Okazaki, Vardy

Leicester City Subs: De Laet, King, Schlupp, Ulloa, Dyer, Schwarzer, Inler

Manchester United XI: to face Leicester: De Gea, Darmian, McNair, Smalling, Blind, Carrick, Schweinsteiger, Mata, Young, Rooney, Martial

Manchester United Subs: Romero, Borthwick-Jackson, Fellaini, Memphis, Pereira, Schneiderlin, Rashford

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 12 Empty Re: We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 21 Dec 2015, 1:05 pm

Hero wrote:If he rediscovers his earlier potential (when he was dubbed the next Messi) then that's possibly a huge coup for Watford.

If I'm right in remembering, him, Lanzini and Lamela all came up around the same time and were considered the new jewels of Argentine football. Should be interesting to see if he adapts like Lanzini or like Lamela, granted the latter has shown so much more willing and had much more impact with Poch in charge

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 12 Empty Re: We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Fernando Mon 21 Dec 2015, 3:11 pm

I think the difference between Iturbe & Lamela is blistering pace. So will either be very good or Jose Antonio Reyes Jr

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 21 Dec 2015, 7:40 pm

Arsenal: Cech, Bellerin, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal; Ramsey, Flamini; Walcott, Ozil, Campbell; Giroud.

Subs: Ospina, Chambers, Gabriel, Reine-Adelaide, Gibbs, Iwobi, Ox.

Man. City: Hart, Sagna, Otamendi, Mangala, Kolarov, Fernandinho, Toure, Delph, De Bruyne, Silva, Aguero.

Subs: Caballero, Demichelis, Clichy, Navas, Sterling, Iheanacho, Bony.

I suspect this will be a comfortable Citeh win tonight tbh.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 21 Dec 2015, 7:45 pm

Eh? 2-0 Arsenal for me.

Can see City playing for a point, especially since they haven't scored in their last three away games and are still missing the influential, and integral, Kompany.

This game is all about his Theoness and Campbell stretching the City defence, thus allowing Ozil and Giroud to play through the gaps.

Come on Arsenal! #trebleseason

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Mon 21 Dec 2015, 7:55 pm

I like that lineup by the gunners, this is a big match. I think Arsenal win 3-1. Ozil is in the freaking zone.

Spurs can't f--up a top 4 finish this season can they, as weird as it sounds probably have the third best side in the league right now. Liverpool look hopeless regardless of who manages them, outside of Coutinho just a team of very ordinary players. Leiscester I can't even spell the damn city name but wow!

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 21 Dec 2015, 8:33 pm

Arsenal 1-0 Citeh - Theo Walcott - Ain't stopping that son.

De Bruyne missed a sitter 30 seconds ago

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 21 Dec 2015, 8:46 pm

Arsenal 2-0 Citeh - Olivier Giroud

The Ozil assist train chugs along with 2 more so far tonight.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Dec 2015, 8:46 pm

Mangala, what are you doing? Embarrassing

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 21 Dec 2015, 8:52 pm

Arsenal cruising as expected. Excellent finish from his Theoness. This result should make it 5 home wins from the last 6 home matches. Beautiful stuff.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Mon 21 Dec 2015, 8:54 pm

Beautiful so far from Arsenal both goals were so clinical at best half chances although Ozil's pass to Giroud for the second was just wonderfully weighted as always.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 21 Dec 2015, 8:56 pm

Sterling warming up at HT

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Dec 2015, 8:56 pm

City haven't scored an away goal since September, truly embarrassing stat. Pellegrini is a goner this summer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 21 Dec 2015, 9:03 pm

Sterling on for Delph

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 21 Dec 2015, 9:10 pm

Should of been 3-0 - Campbell missed from 10 yards.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 21 Dec 2015, 9:17 pm

Hart makes a fantastic save with his face.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 21 Dec 2015, 9:19 pm

Wilfried coming on for Aguero who has just walked off and left them with 10 men.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 21 Dec 2015, 9:28 pm

Sterling pulling out the pathetic dive.

Gibbs on for Joel

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 21 Dec 2015, 9:28 pm

Yaya brings out the diving too.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 21 Dec 2015, 9:29 pm

Navas on for Silva.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 21 Dec 2015, 9:33 pm

Oxo Cube on for Ozil

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Dec 2015, 9:33 pm

Yaya looks a spent force now, Pep will have the balls to show him the door, like he did at Barca

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 21 Dec 2015, 9:35 pm

Jesus Navas you are utterly fking gash, Shoot fella. It's not like Wilfried was even in the fking box Laugh

Last edited by Fernando on Mon 21 Dec 2015, 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Dec 2015, 9:36 pm

How did Jesus Navas ever become a professional football player?

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 21 Dec 2015, 9:37 pm

When things get tough I cannot see this Pep story helping them one bit. Extra mile for a manager who is probably gone? And I think Pep, having tried to follow the treble when taking on Bayern, probably knows it too

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 21 Dec 2015, 9:38 pm

Arsenal 2-1 Citeh - Yaya Toure

Ain't saving that y'all

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 21 Dec 2015, 9:40 pm

Ramsey going the Navas route with a sh*te attempt at a finish and puts it out of play. Just shoot dude.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 21 Dec 2015, 9:42 pm

LiamB wrote:City haven't scored an away goal since September, truly embarrassing stat. Pellegrini is a goner this summer.

It's only in the prem and if they don't score today it's only actually 4 games.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 21 Dec 2015, 9:44 pm

Walcott off for Chambers - got OG written all over this Laugh

They've already scored Dolph Ok!

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 21 Dec 2015, 9:48 pm

And a sh*t stat from Tyler can be forgotten forever. Lovely finish from the maligned Yaya. He isn't a deep midfielder and it's to his and City's detriment when played there

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 21 Dec 2015, 9:51 pm

FT Arsenal 2-1 Man Citeh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 21 Dec 2015, 9:53 pm

Update #Iturbe: @afcbournemouth offered much more money to @OfficialASRoma and to the player, @WatfordFC is waiting now for his decision

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 21 Dec 2015, 9:55 pm

Clinical by Arsenal, and they land the expected victory.

Now onwards to the title.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 21 Dec 2015, 10:05 pm

Now favourites. They've got the bit where they screw up to ride through yet, but the usual challengers are dying. City need Kompany or they have no chance. Leicester have a chance to make history

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 21 Dec 2015, 10:11 pm

Navas as ever is the prime example of overhyping a foreign player. Hes not any better than Lennon.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 21 Dec 2015, 10:29 pm

He was good in Spain. Not worked so well here

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 21 Dec 2015, 10:33 pm

Navas worked far better when City had Dzeko.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 22 Dec 2015, 12:40 am

I'd love Navas at ours, but he doesn't suit City. His pace does, and often I think he's played precisely because they know his pace and line hugging will stretch teams and make space, rather than for his actual product.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 22 Dec 2015, 1:07 am

Arsenal surely have to win the league now, everything is going there way, squad is in fantastic shape. Best chance they have had for a long time.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Tue 22 Dec 2015, 6:22 am

I think this has to be Arsenal's year we still have Sanchez and coq due to make a comeback into the squad. We made it a bit nervy after yaya's great goal. But overall a good performance on both sides of the ball. Really like how comfortable we were without the ball. For all their possession city didn't create much. Arsenal finally paying off for the long term approach of building from within while adding a piece or two season from the transfer market. Arsene's last three purchases of Alexis, Ozil, and Cech are performing perfectly in conjunction with the homegrown talent that Wenger was ridiculed for not being good enough. Our most important player is kos if he gets hurt we are in trouble, with him and Cech back there together you feel defensive foul ups are going to be kept to minimum.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Dec 2015, 9:16 am

NickisBHAFC wrote:Arsenal surely have to win the league now, everything is going there way

Apart from the fact, they're not top of the league, because Leicester are & are playing better. If everything was going Arsenal's way, given the squads talent, they'd be ten points clear, but they aren't. You just know the inevitable foul up is around the corner, like drawing with Norwich or losing to WBA. Arsenal still have to visit Anfield, Britannia, Old Trafford, White Hart Lane, Goodison & the Etihad. Confident still?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 22 Dec 2015, 9:34 am

It would fit wengers history picking up a title wen there's no serious competition about, still might come up short though.

They'll be out of the cl in the next round so a big opportunity for them.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 22 Dec 2015, 9:48 am

I think Arsenal will go very far in the Champions League this season - probably all the way - so keeping the squad in fine shape will have to be managed well by Wenger.

Wenger also needs to invest in January, just to shore everything up in case of injury.

The only real question is, with the title already locked up and a run to Champions League glory looking likely, will Arsenal add the FA Cup as well, thus securing the treble? Or will they have to settle for the double?

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 22 Dec 2015, 9:58 am

In all your madness, somehow assuming the Champions League will be easier than the FA Cup is my favourite part. 

They should win the league this year. City players always want an excuse not to try and Pep's shadow is that. Chelsea are obviously dead. Man United are on their knees. It's the weakest league for decades in terms of the top teams, which is great timing because the chasing pack have vastly improved and can also afford to hold onto their assets thanks to the ridiculous tv money.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 22 Dec 2015, 10:17 am

Well...Arsenal might sacrifice the FA Cup by playing a weakened team in favour of going after the other two trophies. Difficult to tell, in all honesty.

They've already won the league, that's a given. Leicester will inevitably fall away. City are a hopeless opposition, and there's no one else. Europe will be fine, with no stand-out team this year. The FA Cup should take care of itself.

A wonderful centre of defence, a clinical attack, glittering technical ability in midfield, Ozil in the form of his life, a superb keeper, glorious pace out wide - everything is there for Arsenal to do the lot.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Dec 2015, 10:42 am

Duty281 wrote:A wonderful centre of defence, a clinical attack, glittering technical ability in midfield, Ozil in the form of his life, a superb keeper, glorious pace out wide - everything is there for Arsenal to do the lot.

Except beat a side managed by Tony Pulis

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 22 Dec 2015, 10:51 am

Yeah...because United never lost to Sheffield Wednesday or Middlesbrough during their treble season, did they?

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 22 Dec 2015, 12:45 pm

They'll get hammered by barcelona and fall away in the league.

Leicster could well win it.

City will if aguero and silva are fit for 3-4 months.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 22 Dec 2015, 4:05 pm

Ent wrote:City will if aguero and silva are fit for 3-4 months.

One of the bigger ifs. And I'm still not sure they'd do it without Kompany

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Tue 22 Dec 2015, 5:27 pm

As much as I enjoy 3 points the players managing to play like that made me angry at them. It's a very strange situation. You have to be happy with a win but at the same time those tossers have been holding back all year. Holding back and letting a man, who loves the fans and who the fans love, fall on the knife.

Jose has done too much for the club to be treated that way. If we had players that had some backbone, a Drogba, Lampard, Ashley Cole, Ballack, etc. this situation wouldn't have reached a point where we would be so low. Those players and players like that would have got this lot together and told them what's what.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Dec 2015, 6:35 pm

Twitter seems to be going crazy with rumours van gaal could be sacked as early as this evening with his odds being cut to 1/8

Wont believe it till its on the yellow ticker though on SSN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next