The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Go Again! The Premier League thread

+36
Corporalhumblebucket
Atila
1GrumpyGolfer
JamesLincs
Holymiky
LondonTiger
BamBam
Lowlandbrit
Scott is Back
sirfredperry
socal1976
NickisBHAFC
Hammersmith harrier
lfc91
westisbest
Josiah Maiestas
GSC
Good Golly I'm Olly
Ent
Fernando
Dolphin Ziggler
Duty281
Crimey
Adam D
hampo17
LivinginItaly
Hero
newballs
guildfordbat
cherriesfna
kingraf
compelling and rich
Alistair
TRUSSMAN66
Mat
Bull
40 posters

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 7 Empty We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Fernando Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:12 pm

First topic message reminder :

Leicester City XI: Schmeichel; Simpson, Huth, Morgan (c), Fuchs; Mahrez, Kanté, Drinkwater, Albrighton; Okazaki, Vardy

Leicester City Subs: De Laet, King, Schlupp, Ulloa, Dyer, Schwarzer, Inler

Manchester United XI: to face Leicester: De Gea, Darmian, McNair, Smalling, Blind, Carrick, Schweinsteiger, Mata, Young, Rooney, Martial

Manchester United Subs: Romero, Borthwick-Jackson, Fellaini, Memphis, Pereira, Schneiderlin, Rashford

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 7 Empty Re: We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Ent Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:48 am

Januzaj can't get a game for dortmund but I agree with hernandez.

Ent

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 7 Empty Re: We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Guest Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:53 pm

0-1 Giroud Penalty. No issue for him against poor sides. Villa going in one direction, I'd say they're gone already.

Back to top Go down

Post by sirfredperry Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:12 pm

Man U's lack of passion - too defensive and too slow - was occurring even BEFORE Fergie left. His last couple of seasons. which included a Premier title, saw many less-than-sparkling but ruthlessly-efficient performances. United would soak it up then there would be a half chance and - bang - RVP or Rooney would score.
RVP has not been replaced and Rooney is struggling. The players who have come in have not been good enough. You could argue that they are actually doing quite well with what they have.
o

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:20 pm

Shocking to watch in fairness.
A right midfielder at left back.
The worst right back in the league.
A forward playing on the wing.
Manager needs to look at himself to.
Only players that look interested are Ayew and Sinclair.

Get Sanchez off, bring on Grealish or Gil.

As good as Arsenal are this is pathetic.

Another 45 mins to go of wonderful viewing.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:43 pm

0-2 Ramsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:10 pm

Villa have been at least competitive second half, but sadly for them its too late.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:47 pm

Benteke starting today, really hoped he would be left out for a few games after that newcastle no-show.(and hoped Milner would be left out indefinitely).

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:33 pm

Can SKY/BT please not anymore villa games on the TV. Waste of time.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:35 pm

For all Klopps public backing of mignolet, I have a feeling we will be seeing a new keeper in January...

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:40 pm

Anita would of cleared that. Too negative, De Jong is awful, once again, we need Perez. Clueless McClaren

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:48 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:Can SKY/BT please not anymore villa games on the TV. Waste of time.

Nick not understanding the concept that you don't have to watch if you don't want Whistle

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:54 pm

Tottenham are a lovely team to watch.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:15 pm

They've been average today, so don't know what you're watching. Cisse should of equalised. McClaren needs to bring Perez on ASAP for the useless De Jong

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:30 pm

Yessss!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:31 pm

Well this is embarrassing...

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:47 pm

That was a tap in. Spurs have been awful

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:50 pm

What a Frak win!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:51 pm

3 embarrassingly poor performances/results in a row now for Liverpool. Honeymoon period well and truely over and A LOT of work to be done to turn this squad into a competitor for top 4. Truely woeful again..

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:58 pm

Every time I back Spurs they lose. If I wasn't on such a bad run I'd consider it worth the money.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:59 pm

Positives: the team fought to the end, Hendo is back fit with a goal.
Negatives: everything else.

Team has been brutal these past 3 games from the Southampton win. Klopp has much work to do and regardless of what he says needs reinforcements in January, with a keeper and striker at the top of the list!

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:11 pm

Klopp isn't a very good manager and it's clear he will struggle in such a fiercely-competitive league. His lack of experience in the Premier League, coupled with high expectation, will be his undoing.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:20 pm

Should of won today at anfield, Liverpool were average.

Those five or six teams everyone thought were nailed on for the relegation battle has just been increased.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:21 pm

Kane again lacklustre. Slow, poor touch, didn't work hard. Which sums up most his performances I've seen this season. People moan about Giroud, but he's a smarter player than Kane.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirfredperry Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:14 pm

Just back from WHL. Spurs very good in the first half and very poor in the second. There's no pace in the team, save for the occasional run down the right by Walker. They were still trying to play pretty-pretty stuff at the end.

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:29 pm

If Eriksen isn't on fire Spurs are workmanlike. Which will win you games, and expose mistakes like against us. But if a team isn't making it easy and Eriksen isn't on it then it's a struggle.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:04 pm

Jurgen Klopp's a Tinkywinky.

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:12 pm

Ending Tottenham's 14 game unbeaten run is very satisfying. Didn't really hear a peep out of Eriksen, Kane or Alli today. Three league wins on the bounce at WHL too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:21 am

Mat wrote:Jurgen Klopp's a Tinkywinky.

I agree with the sentiment of what he was saying, but not with how he handled himself.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:56 am

Is it ok to say something nice about Arsenal I won't be accused of insanity or the temperament of a killer will I? The team was put off by a tough patch of injuries but they have stabilized, Ozil is absolute world class.

Two words for you Aaron Ramsey.

I think we owe Newcastle some thanks, good things are happening there those are two huge wins. Tottenham is a little disappointing, I hate to say it probably the third best side in the premiership. When Kane is not scoring though they have no one who gets goals, I am not sold on the other attacking options in front of goal.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:53 am

lots of rumours doing the rounds that lvg leaving announcement at 9am, believe it when i see it personally. clearly not doing a good enough job given the resources available. if fergie had this team we'd be walking the league, i mean we won the league with cleverly and anderson as two of our main centre mids!!

lvg is falling foul that the results are not good enough to justify the terrible football or the football is not good enough to justify poor results. if either were happening i think he'd be let off, but we aint going nowhere under him

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:07 am

I will give him one bit of sympathy; a league two side wouldn't have been happy putting that defence out

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:07 am

socal1976 wrote:Is it ok to say something nice about Arsenal I won't be accused of insanity or the temperament of a killer will I? The team was put off by a tough patch of injuries but they have stabilized, Ozil is absolute world class.

Two words for you Aaron Ramsey.

I think we owe Newcastle some thanks, good things are happening there those are two huge wins. Tottenham is a little disappointing, I hate to say it probably the third best side in the premiership. When Kane is not scoring though they have no one who gets goals, I am not sold on the other attacking options in front of goal.

If you say sensible things like that sure. When you say fairly outrageous statements influenced by fandom people will call you out for it.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott is Back Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:28 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:I will give him one bit of sympathy; a league two side wouldn't have been happy putting that defence out

LVG has to take a lot of the flack for that though, he let Evans go, he had Phil Jones on the bench...(both not great options, but better than he had on the pitch!)

He depleted the squad to the extent that we are playing people like Nick Powell!

Scott is Back

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:35 pm

Who was out though? Rojo, Smalling, Shaw, Darmian and then a barely fit Jones and no Valencia. I assumed he'd drop back Carrick and risk Schneiderlin.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:00 pm

Don't really see him resigning, after all, he's four points off the top, in a crazy league, whereby United aren't being punished for their losses. This weekend was typical for a no. of teams, who's ceiling looks like it hasn't been raised, even given a helping hand by United & Chelsea's failings. You can already see Spurs & Poch's high tempo football, looks like it's drained them already, legs looked jaded vs Newcastle. Could of jumped all over Man U in fourth, but let LVG off....again. Liverpool can't even beat us, then started celebrating, like Arsenal usually do, when they've made the top 4. Embarrassing. Then there's Everton, same old Everton, huge talented players, no ruthless streak & again, no chance of top 4.

No reason for LVG to even consider quitting, regardless of how clueless he is.

Just to add, as haven't seen much written about him, but Ryan Shawcross, is it time for a big move?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:14 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:

I agree with the sentiment of what he was saying, but not with how he handled himself.

Unsurprisingly, I disagree with the sentiment and also the way he handled himself both after the game and during the interview. Be total uproar if certain other managers in the league did that.

We had a team with four centre backs, and in Chris Brunt we've got one of the best set-piece takers in the Premier League, of course we're going to look to use set pieces, especially with the way his sides defend them. I struggle to see why you shouldn't be allowed to play to your strengths, our strength is defending, counter-attacks and our set pieces. Is it as pretty as his football? No, doesn't make it wrong to do it though.

It's up there with Mourinho's "19th century football" comment or Wenger moaning about any time someone on the other team dared to tackle their player, it's just arrogant beyond belief expecting a side just to turn up, try play them at their own game and roll over for the mighty Liverpool/Man Utd/Arsenal/Chelsea/etc.

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:49 pm

Mat wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:

Unsurprisingly, I disagree with the sentiment and also the way he handled himself both after the game and during the interview. Be total uproar if certain other managers in the league did that.

We had a team with four centre backs, and in Chris Brunt we've got one of the best set-piece takers in the Premier League, of course we're going to look to use set pieces, especially with the way his sides defend them. I struggle to see why you shouldn't be allowed to play to your strengths, our strength is defending, counter-attacks and our set pieces. Is it as pretty as his football? No, doesn't make it wrong to do it though.

It's up there with Mourinho's "19th century football" comment or Wenger moaning about any time someone on the other team dared to tackle their player, it's just arrogant beyond belief expecting a side just to turn up, try play them at their own game and roll over for the mighty Liverpool/Man Utd/Arsenal/Chelsea/etc.

Fair point, I don't mind so much away at one of the bigger sides. But I haven't hidden my criticism of Pulis at the moment. Then again, it is pathetic to moan about teams using set pieces, and more so to be angry at someone. I don't really subscribe to people like him who are so arrogant to say there is a way to play football. There's limits, and I would expect Pulis to be looking to move you along with more windows, but it is a bit Mourinho and Wenger. Defending is a skill too.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:51 pm

Shawcross crossed the line a little in his defending this weekend, but in general, in a league where defenders are not amazing, I think Shawcross is as good as a lot of what the top four and chasing pack have.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:46 pm

Criminal he isn't in the England squad
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:56 pm

Worht a punt over Cahill, Jagielka.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:50 pm

I don't think hes better than Cahill, but he is better than Jagielka.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:57 pm

I'd definitely take Shawcross, as Coloccini's replacement this summer. I'd imagine Stones will go to Chelsea, then Everton will be after Shawcross too. He's good quality is Ryan, but not for a top 4 side.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:49 pm

He's 28 now, big money move has passed him, doubt he will ever move from Stoke now. Is Everton or Newcastle a significant step up, not really.

Can see Chelsea doing Leicester tonight

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:54 pm

Think both teams will be happy with a point, but Leicester have to be the narrow favourites for this one.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:00 pm

Leicester - Schmeichel, Simpson, Morgan, Huth, Fuchs, Mahrez, Drinkwater, Kante, Albrighton, Ulloa, Vardy

Bench - Schwarzer, Benalouane, Wasilewski, Dyer, King, Inler, Okazaki]

Chelsea - Courtois, Ivanovic, Terry, Zouma, Azpilicueta, Matic, Ramires, Willian, Oscar, Hazard, Costa,

Bench - Begovic, Cahill, Mikel, Kennedy, Fabregas, Pedro, Remy

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:18 pm

King on for Drinkwater - Hamstring gone.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:29 pm

Pedro coming on for Hazard.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:34 pm

Leicester 1-0 Chelsea - Jamie Vardy

Superb ball by Mahrez, Just took every defender out with 1 cross.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:37 pm

Getting to the point now where Jamie Vardy is making me believe we'll win the Euros
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:40 pm

That would require him to be in the starting 11 which under Woy he won't be.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next