The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Go Again! The Premier League thread

+36
Corporalhumblebucket
Atila
1GrumpyGolfer
JamesLincs
Holymiky
LondonTiger
BamBam
Lowlandbrit
Scott is Back
sirfredperry
socal1976
NickisBHAFC
Hammersmith harrier
lfc91
westisbest
Josiah Maiestas
GSC
Good Golly I'm Olly
Ent
Fernando
Dolphin Ziggler
Duty281
Crimey
Adam D
hampo17
LivinginItaly
Hero
newballs
guildfordbat
cherriesfna
kingraf
compelling and rich
Alistair
TRUSSMAN66
Mat
Bull
40 posters

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 8 Empty We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Fernando Sat 28 Nov - 17:12

First topic message reminder :

Leicester City XI: Schmeichel; Simpson, Huth, Morgan (c), Fuchs; Mahrez, Kanté, Drinkwater, Albrighton; Okazaki, Vardy

Leicester City Subs: De Laet, King, Schlupp, Ulloa, Dyer, Schwarzer, Inler

Manchester United XI: to face Leicester: De Gea, Darmian, McNair, Smalling, Blind, Carrick, Schweinsteiger, Mata, Young, Rooney, Martial

Manchester United Subs: Romero, Borthwick-Jackson, Fellaini, Memphis, Pereira, Schneiderlin, Rashford

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 8 Empty Re: We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 14 Dec - 20:42

Nor do I think he should be, he's not actually that good, he's just in the midst of a rather baffling run of scoring.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 8 Empty Re: We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Fernando Mon 14 Dec - 20:50

Who starts for you then HH?

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 14 Dec - 20:52

Chelsea so slow and ineffectual; Leicester delightfully high in confidence, pace and workrate.

Stupendous cross for the goal. Looked like Hazard bailed out, rather than having an actual injury.

When do Leicester start being genuinely considered as top four contenders?

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Dec - 20:53

Lol at all this baffling run of scoring. Nonsense. So, you would rather pick someone not scoring?

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 14 Dec - 21:05

Fernando wrote:Who starts for you then HH?

I don't have a clue; Rooney is a dud now, Sturridge is broken while Kane and Vardy simply aren't international class.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Dec - 21:06

What a goal Mahrez

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 14 Dec - 21:06

Dont play anyone then.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 14 Dec - 21:07

Fernando wrote:That would require him to be in the starting 11 which under Woy he won't be.

He should be - currently by far our best option
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 14 Dec - 21:09

Duty281 wrote:Chelsea so slow and ineffectual; Leicester delightfully high in confidence, pace and workrate.

Stupendous cross for the goal. Looked like Hazard bailed out, rather than having an actual injury.

When do Leicester start being genuinely considered as top four contenders?

Leicester have an opportunity in January, they need to spend on some depth/quality - if they do that well they're in with a real shout.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 14 Dec - 21:10

Fabregas coming on for John Terry....Alrighty then.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 14 Dec - 21:22

Ivanovic wins miss of the season, Couldn't of been more then 2 yards and shanked it back across goal.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 14 Dec - 21:24

Remy on for Oscar.

Ivanovic being wrecked by Albrighton

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 14 Dec - 21:35

Leicester 2-1 Chelsea - Remy

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 14 Dec - 21:54

FT Leicester 2-1 Chelsea

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 14 Dec - 21:56

Chelsea would be a lot better if they gave Remy a run

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 14 Dec - 23:06

"Today we made two defensive mistakes and we pay. They were goals that I cannot accept. They are goals that were studied and we have practiced for three days. I feel bad because I don't understand how we can concede these goals."

On his misfiring attack: "At the moment it costs us a lot to score goals. Look through our numbers and it is clear it is difficult to score goals. Why? Because the players whose job it is to score goals aren't."

"We can't finish top four, but we can still finish top six because so many teams are dropping points," he tells BBC Sport. "But at the moment we're in a zone where I feel ashamed."

"The last question (about my future) is always the same," says the Portuguese.

"The only thing I can say is that I want to be the manager. I have no doubts and I think you know me well enough to know that I am not afraid of a big challenge and in this moment it is a really big challenge.

"I want to stay and I hope Mr Abramovich and the board want me to stay because I want to stay."

Mourinho: 'All last season I did phenomenal work + I brought them to a level more than they really are. Or this season we are doing so bad.'

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Tue 15 Dec - 3:13

I will say it again I said this a while back Chelsea have to be a team in revolt to explain their play. Jose is saying it himself that he has lost the players and the lockeroom is in turmoil.

Leicester are really impressive the way they pressed Chelsea all match and the energy and talent of Vardy and Mahrez was so impressive. Man U and Chelsea have no game breakers and Leicester have two of the best in the league right now. Hazard has been woeful, so has Costa, Cesc, and Oscar. All of those guys combined haven't scored as much as either Vardy or Mahrez. Mahrez is like a Neymar mini.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 15 Dec - 11:12

Marcelo Bielsa & Unai Emery favorites for Swansea job. Now that's much better then Monk if can get either.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 15 Dec - 11:29

Klopp and Bielsa in the PL is hipster dreamland.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Dec - 11:52

I'd stay away from Bielsa, not a long term option either. Fiery character, who created a player revolt at Bibao, when things got tough & also fell out with the Marseille owners or something along those lines within a year. Unai Emery is way too good for Swansea, be surprised if he had to drop down to Swansea's level, given his success in Europe.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 15 Dec - 11:54

They're as likely to go down with Bielsa as do good. The man isn't for the faint of heart

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 15 Dec - 12:32

If Chelsea do drop down into the relegation zone any time soon, which is a real possibility, is that the final straw and Mourinho goes? Surely there has to be a point where Chelsea have to say thank you but this is not working any more.

Last edited by Crimey on Tue 15 Dec - 13:18; edited 1 time in total

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Dec - 13:11

Crimey wrote:If Chelsea do drop down into the relegatine zone any time soon, which is a real possibility, is that the final straw and Mourinho goes? Surely there has to be a point where Chelsea have to say thank you but this is not working any more.
They've got Sunderland and Watford at home then they're away to Man Utd. On current form, they could definitely end the year in the bottom three.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 16 Dec - 12:06

Chelsea not holding emergency board meeting but Jose Mourinho's future discussed at board level

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Dec - 12:30

DAVE667 wrote:
Crimey wrote:If Chelsea do drop down into the relegatine zone any time soon, which is a real possibility, is that the final straw and Mourinho goes? Surely there has to be a point where Chelsea have to say thank you but this is not working any more.
They've got Sunderland and Watford at home then they're away to Man Utd. On current form, they could definitely end the year in the bottom three.

You might laugh, but Chelsea could do with someone like Pulis. Never thought I'd say that, but that's the reality of the situation, especially if they don't beat Sunderland. If Jose is not experienced to deal with this relegation battle, then someone like Pulis is. Chelsea might have to suck it up & go down this route. Probably never likely to happen, but replacing Jose, with someone like Carlo or Hiddink, just seems pointless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Dec - 12:44

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 8 Rkrr10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Dec - 15:49

I said Pulis to Chelsea, was 'probably' not going to happen. Your microsoft paint skills leave much to be desired.

Pep Guardiola is announcing he's leaving Bayern Munich, with Carlo Ancelotti going to replace him. So a huge battle now for his signature, between Man City, Manchester United & Chelsea.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 16 Dec - 15:55

I'm pretty sure Mourinho can out Pulis Pulis

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Wed 16 Dec - 15:56

Don't get the fuss around Pep. Hasn't actually built a team himself? Barcelona was basically ready made for him, as was Bayern.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 16 Dec - 16:22

Next City manager, surely? Unless Pellegrini pulls it out of the bag in the Champions League. Weirdly though, I feel like they might win thr league and still sack him, crazy as that is. 

Shame, I was hoping Ancelotti might come back to England and take over at Old Trafford. Still think he's the best manager in the world

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 16 Dec - 16:43

City have pretty much set up the club awaiting Pep.

Saying Barca was set up for him is doing a massive disservice.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Dec - 17:13

He had the balls to clear out the rubbish & past it, like Eto'o & Ronaldinho, similar to what he has done with Schweinsteiger at Munich, but he's certainly done nothing from scratch. That clear out at Barcelona, paved way for the best generation out of La Masia, there has ever been, along with one individual, who would go on to become one of the greatest ever. At Bayern, that is not going to happen, so he's jumping ship. If he fails to win the champions league this year, his tenure at Bayern, has been an unquestionable failure. Agree, City have been putting things in motion for Pep for a number of years. If City do win the league, he once again inherits a great squad & with a billionaire owner, it certainly makes his job much, much easier. Would of preferred to see him really test himself, I mean, turning around Manchester United right now, would be seen as 'godly' in terms of managerial achievement. He'll take the easier route though, joining the neighbours.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 16 Dec - 17:43

Still gotta succeed at that top level though. And with far less parachute of what failure constitutes.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 17 Dec - 14:44

Chelsea have sacked manager Jose Mourinho seven months after he led them to the Premier League title.
The 52-year-old Portuguese had been in his second spell at the club, taking charge in June 2013.

Chelsea finished eight points clear last season and also won the League Cup, but have endured a terrible start to their defence, losing nine of their 16 league games so far.

Mourinho's final match was Monday's 2-1 defeat at leaders Leicester City.
Pep Guardiola, Guus Hiddink, Brendan Rodgers and Juande Ramos have all been touted as possible successors.

He leaves with Chelsea just a point off the relegation zone and 20 points behind Leicester.
Champions League qualification via one of the top four spots in the Premier League looks almost impossible.

However, the Blues are through to the last 16 of European football's biggest club competition, where they will face French champions Paris St-Germain in February and March.

Mourinho only signed a new four-year contract on 7 August and is Chelsea's most successful manager.
He won three Premier League titles, two of those in his first spell between 2004 and 2007.

The Portuguese has also won the FA Cup, in 2007, and the League Cup three times - in 2005, 2007 and 2015.

It has not only gone wrong in the Premier League for Mourinho, he has also had his issues off the pitch.
A 2-2 draw with Swansea on 8 August was overshadowed by a fallout with his medical team, in particular club doctor Eva Carneiro.

Carneiro had her role downgraded after Mourinho said his medical staff were "naive" for running onto the pitch to treat attacking midfielder Eden Hazard.

She eventually left on 22 September and is now taking legal action against Mourinho and the Blues.

Mourinho also received a suspended stadium ban and £50,000 fine for claiming referees were "afraid" to award his team penalties in a 3-1 home loss to Southampton in October.

He subsequently had to serve a one-match stadium ban and pay a £40,000 fine for his behaviour during a 2-1 defeat by West Ham, when he spoke to referee Jon Moss at half-time.

Last edited by Fernando on Thu 17 Dec - 14:53; edited 1 time in total

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Dec - 14:52

The Unemployed One (with £40 million in his back pocket)

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 17 Dec - 14:55

Juande Ramos expected to take charge til end of season

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Dec - 14:56

£40m, trying to build new stadium & Roman being much tighter. Not sure why they had to sack him, they weren't going to get relegated & the interim won't get the top 4. I would of given him time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Dec - 15:00

jose is a get in the job, sort it out & win quick, then it goes off the boil. How much for United to risk that this summer by taking Jose on & getting United winning trophies again. Imagine Pep at City & Jose at United, what a rivalry

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 17 Dec - 15:06

Best manager in the world, if he gets sacked then no one in this game is safe. Removes a forgien manager though.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Thu 17 Dec - 15:08

Fernando wrote:Juande Ramos expected to take charge til end of season
Sounds risky to me, does he have any experience keeping sides up?

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 17 Dec - 15:11

Capello next. Just wait and see...

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 17 Dec - 15:13

Jeez. Surprised this happened. Player power is my only assumption. You have to be pretty poor as a manager to take a team with that much talent to a point above relegation. A manager with eight or nine league titles across four countries (not to mention two CL titles) is not a poor manager. urine poor from the Chelsea players and they should really hang their heads in shame. They won't. But they should.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 17 Dec - 15:17

What was you expecting to happen Raf when he kept throwing them under the bus.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 17 Dec - 15:18

Juande Ramos. Chelsea manager. Read that again and explain to me how that should be happening.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 17 Dec - 15:19

Telegraph reckon Hiddink is the caretaker

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 17 Dec - 15:19

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Juande Ramos. Chelsea manager. Read that again and explain to me how that should be happening.

To be fair, without the rent boy cash, thats probably their level Run

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 17 Dec - 15:20

Did he? Or did he give somewhat honest answers? I think he's a boobie a lot of the time, but the reason he got a reputation with the media is cos he is also engaging and doesn't shirk things. I don't see them getting the big name manager they want, and they needed one strong enough to get the weak from this squad. Mourinho would have.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 17 Dec - 15:24

Sure he gave honest answers, But putting it out in the press is not going to make the situation any better. If you have issues deal with it in house.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Dec - 15:25

Hiddink's only club managerial role in the past 6 and a 1/2 years, was a 17 month spell at Russian club Anzhi. Out of touch now, especially with this situation. Ramos being lined up too is embarrassing. Chelsea have made a huge mistake, financially too, this will hurt them, when they miss out on the champs lge money & having £40m put on the FFP sheet, along with funding a new stadium. Jose would of turned it around, Ramos or Guus are not going to get a top 4 & like Jose, they would never have got relegated either. Should of stuck & just sucked it up for the season.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 17 Dec - 15:27

Chelsea Football Club and Jose Mourinho have today parted company by mutual consent.

All at Chelsea thank Jose for his immense contribution since he returned as manager in the summer of 2013.

His three league titles, FA Cup, Community Shield and three League Cup wins over two spells make him the most successful manager in our 110-year history. But both Jose and the board agreed results have not been good enough this season and believe it is in the best interests of both parties to go our separate ways.

The club wishes to make clear Jose leaves us on good terms and will always remain a much-loved, respected and significant figure at Chelsea. His legacy at Stamford Bridge and in England has long been guaranteed and he will always be warmly welcomed back to Stamford Bridge.

The club’s focus is now on ensuring our talented squad reaches its potential.

There will be no further comment until a new appointment is made.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next