The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Go Again! The Premier League thread

+36
Corporalhumblebucket
Atila
1GrumpyGolfer
JamesLincs
Holymiky
LondonTiger
BamBam
Lowlandbrit
Scott is Back
sirfredperry
socal1976
NickisBHAFC
Hammersmith harrier
lfc91
westisbest
Josiah Maiestas
GSC
Good Golly I'm Olly
Ent
Fernando
Dolphin Ziggler
Duty281
Crimey
Adam D
hampo17
LivinginItaly
Hero
newballs
guildfordbat
cherriesfna
kingraf
compelling and rich
Alistair
TRUSSMAN66
Mat
Bull
40 posters

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 5 Empty We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Fernando Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:12 am

First topic message reminder :

Leicester City XI: Schmeichel; Simpson, Huth, Morgan (c), Fuchs; Mahrez, Kanté, Drinkwater, Albrighton; Okazaki, Vardy

Leicester City Subs: De Laet, King, Schlupp, Ulloa, Dyer, Schwarzer, Inler

Manchester United XI: to face Leicester: De Gea, Darmian, McNair, Smalling, Blind, Carrick, Schweinsteiger, Mata, Young, Rooney, Martial

Manchester United Subs: Romero, Borthwick-Jackson, Fellaini, Memphis, Pereira, Schneiderlin, Rashford

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 5 Empty Re: We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:25 am

Injured too much for my liking.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 5 Empty Re: We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Hero Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:07 am

He receives a fair number of injuries yes, but he's one of a few genuine WC level players in the Premier League (the only striker probably).

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:00 am

there's an argument that city should actually sell aguero. i'd rather have a consistently fit goalscoring striker, who you can rely upon, than one who plays small portions of a season & is injured consistently. the reason why city have failed & not won league by big margins, is because kompany & aguero are injury prone. for the money they've spent, city should not be winning leagues in the 93rd minute, the reason they have to resort to winning both league title on the last day of the season, is because aguero types miss 15-20 odd league games every year. aguero is such a figurehead, that his hopping on & off the injury table, playing here & there, drastically upsets the rhythm of the side.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:13 am

Find it incredible that City fail to function when one or more of Silva, Aguero or Kompany are out. Surely they have enough quality to cope. Most fans must look at their bench thinking "f*ck me this is better than our starting eleven"

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:56 am

Lanzini out for 6 weeks apparently. Luck is a b*tch

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:36 am

DANIEL STURRIDGE IN INJURY SHOCKER
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:45 am

Its getting to the point where you consider cutting bait on Sturridge.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:04 pm

Klopp demands Sturridge works out his own body.  Sturridge needs to be able to differentiate the pain associated with overused tired muscle in order to get to match fitness then later match sharpness and the pain associated with overstressing muscle and ligaments that leads to injury damage.  Only Sturridge can work it out.  But some players ultimately are not physically capable of performing at an elite level.  Micah Richards early promise was curtailed by physical issues - that limited him playing to at most once a week.

Back to top Go down

Post by LivinginItaly Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:02 pm

I rate sturridge quite highly and his scoring stats are excellent for Liverpool. However, I am starting to think that it is time to cut our losses and move him on freeing up his wages for a top striker who can actually play 40 games a season. It's disruptive for the team at the moment.

LivinginItaly

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:00 pm

Sad thing is starting this season I was delighted with liverpools striking options. Sturridge, Benteke, Ings and Origi seemed a great selection. Now Ings is out, sturridge effectively out, Bentekes displays show a potential inability to play the game klopp wants to play and Origi nowhere near ready to be first choice striker. ATM would actually rather see us play with no strikers like we did against city than have the lone wardrobe up front.

Probably need a striker in January but who would be available and willing..

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:09 pm

lol what a difference a week makes. bang 6 past southampton, sturridge on fire, media frenzy, ex-players stating they're title challengers & now a defeat to newcastle, sturridge out & it's all negative again. lol

its a tricky situation for clubs. they have top quality strikers in aguero & sturridge, who are match winners, but know they will play limited games a season. do you get rid, get a more consistently injury free striker & then you can have a settled side, whereby the team dynamic & rhythm, isn't disrupted by having to constantly chop & change. could see city offloading aguero to madrid, but sturridge's issues are ridiculous, nobody would touch him with a barge pole, especially with his wages etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:44 pm

Real stick or twist for the owners re Sturridge. We showed against City that we have the attacking ability to manage without him and then against Newcastle we showed that we need a striker of his class.

Still think the team is heading in the right direction and whilst Sturridge will be a big miss, it's also an opportunity for someone to step up to the plate and prove their worth.

Who wants it?

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:57 pm

Sturridge is on a whole different level of injury prone to Aguero.

Aguero is probably the best striker in the world not Messi or Ronaldo when fit too.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:03 pm

Yeah these past 2 seasons his injuries have been ridiculous. Really is a shame though when fit he is in the top 3/4 strikers in the league.

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:25 pm

England's best right now if he could stay fit. But he can't so it's almost moot

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:51 am

Monk sacked.

Guessing a lot of affection for Rodgers is still held as this seems very knee jerk.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:54 am

Bad day for English football, fantastic young manager sacked. No doubt will be replaced by some stupid foreign manager.

Rodgers would be good.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:02 am

Is it a knee jerk reaction though? Have won just one game in their last 11 league games since beating Manchester United, taking just five points in that time. That kind of form puts any manager under pressure.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:07 am

Jose has won 2 of last 9 and he ain't getting fired with higher expectations.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:08 am

You could argue that's because Chelsea don't know who to appoint, Swansea will be able to get a manager in who could arguably turn their form around. Not many top managers going for Chelsea to go for.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:11 am

Is Brendan Rodgers going to save Swansea though?

Still the same football as Monk, As seen at old clubs still can't organize a defense Laugh

Chelsea could have any manager they wanted within reason tbh apart from Guardiola/Wenger/Klopp/Enrique etc

Last edited by Fernando on Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:11 am; edited 1 time in total

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:11 am

NickisBHAFC wrote:Bad day for English football, fantastic young manager sacked. No doubt will be replaced by some stupid foreign manager.

Rodgers would be good.

The foreign managers are better than the English ones, though.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:12 am

Why do they have to go for Rodgers? Saying Swansea shouldn't have sacked Monk because Mourinho has been given more time at Chelsea doesn't really make sense considering the two teams will be looking at different levels of managerial candidates.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:16 am

It's basically been as good as said that Brendan is heading back there Ok!

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:18 am

If that's the case you could argue that he did very well with Swansea, so well that it got him the Anfield hot seat, wouldn't be my choice personally. 

Not sure you can really argue with a manager getting the boot after that run of results to be honest, let's not forget that this is the club that got rid of Laudrup who was doing better.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:20 am

Always thought Monk would find it tough, when the going got tough. Lacked any experience at dealing with the low, bad moments, lost the players & it showed. They didn't sack Rodgers, so I'd expect them to go calling for him to return, but saying that, he sees himself as a level above Swansea & has already jumped ship once, what's saying he won't do it again, given some success. Then Swansea are in the same boat again. I'd go with Moyes, he's failed miserably at a top club, big club owners won't look at him the same way now, so given possible success at Swansea, he would be more than likely just stay there, whereas Brendan, for all his faults, still nearly took Liverpool to the title. Hope you see what I'm saying.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:22 am

I don't see Brendan doing any better then Monk was doing honestly.

Laudrup fell out over money which lead to a rift with the chairman not performance Ok!

I don't see Swansea being in danger of relegation plenty worse sides in the league. Just seems a very panic based decision so early into the season.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:25 am

Laudrup was still sacked over something completely stupid, moronic and I seem to remember everyone saying the same at the time. 

Monk hasn't shown any signs of turning this around, what should Swansea have done? Let him spend money in January, still not turn it around and then sack him? Or get rid now and give the new manager a chance to bring players in during the window? 

I agree with Liam that Moyes wouldn't be the worst shout in the world, if he could get them set up like he had Everton then they'd be tough to beat. Problem he would have is Swansea fans are so used to seeing them try and play good football since the Martinez days, would they settle for negative football?

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:38 am

And if Rodgers gas a bad run of form is that it for him too?

They had a young manager that took them to 8th last year and they've chucked him at the first sign of adversity
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:42 am

Id have given him a chance in the window personally. Swansea don't need much tinkering just a goalscorer for the most part Gomis can't hit a barn door & Eder has been sh*t and strengthening at the back.

Not convinced changing it so soon to the transfer window is wise. Say it takes a week or 2, The new gaffer has barely a few weeks before the window opens & alot has changed since Brenda left.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:47 am

Yeah I don't agree with the decision at all, very knee jerk and sets a dangerous precedent
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:17 am

Don't agree with it. I'd imagine they'll survive now but they probably would have anyway. They're not suddenly a bad team

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:27 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Don't agree with it. I'd imagine they'll survive now but they probably would have anyway. They're not suddenly a bad team

They really weren't in much if any trouble - bad runs of form happen. Can't see Rodgers's ego taking the hit of going back
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:25 am

They like to hire outside the box so shouts of Bergkamp wouldn't surprise me. Funny thing is that I don't see Rodgers getting a job with a better club. The caricature image he created of himself means a lot will be put off. Southampton when Koeman gets poached is a possibility.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:37 am

Rodgers been ruled out, they were never going to bring back someone who jumped ship to Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:41 am

It also puts good English players from becoming a manager.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:42 am

If they aren't good enough Nick then they're not good enough.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:25 am

Winny Reid might be injured too. htnoievmopregkjeog mad

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:48 am

Fernando wrote:I don't see Brendan doing any better then Monk was doing honestly.

Laudrup fell out over money which lead to a rift with the chairman not performance Ok!

I don't see Swansea being in danger of relegation plenty worse sides in the league. Just seems a very panic based decision so early into the season.
BIB:  Really?  In interviews afterwards Laudrup said he didn't have a clue why he was sacked.  Similarly I have no clue why he was sacked.  Swansea just didn't have the squad in depth to handle both the Europa League and the Premiership and so their second season with Laudrup was impacted: injuries to important players and lack of squad depth, but they rebounded after coming out of the Europa league.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:50 am

Laudrup had fall outs with Swansea before he left too.

Avram Grant is somehow favourite for the Swansea job

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:53 am

If they hire Avram Grant I hope they go down.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:35 pm

Gus Poyet favourite to take over. Young well spoken English manager, replaced by an arrogant forgien manager. Lovely.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:48 pm

What's with all this xenophobia, Nicholas?

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:18 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:Gus Poyet favourite to take over. Young  well spoken English manager, replaced by an arrogant forgien manager. Lovely.

Duty281 wrote:What's with all this xenophobia, Nicholas?

Bloody forgieners. Can't even speak the language!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:29 pm

These foreigners don't have no good ideas.

We need an articulate and erudite Englishman as manager of Swansea - 'Arry Redknapp it is!

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:32 pm

I have no problem with someone wishing English managers got more opportunities.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:36 pm

Garde is after Ashley Cole in January.

Never liked the bloke, but his experience could be good.

Although he may go to the states.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:48 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:I have no problem with someone wishing English managers got more opportunities.

Racist.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:26 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:I have no problem with someone wishing English managers got more opportunities.

If they were good enough they would...
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:19 am

I can't see Rodgers going back to Swansea, pretty much none of the backroom staff he had are there any more, even the playing staff is pretty different. I expect he's probably got an eye on the England job.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next