The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Go Again! The Premier League thread

+36
Corporalhumblebucket
Atila
1GrumpyGolfer
JamesLincs
Holymiky
LondonTiger
BamBam
Lowlandbrit
Scott is Back
sirfredperry
socal1976
NickisBHAFC
Hammersmith harrier
lfc91
westisbest
Josiah Maiestas
GSC
Good Golly I'm Olly
Ent
Fernando
Dolphin Ziggler
Duty281
Crimey
Adam D
hampo17
LivinginItaly
Hero
newballs
guildfordbat
cherriesfna
kingraf
compelling and rich
Alistair
TRUSSMAN66
Mat
Bull
40 posters

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 6 Empty We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Fernando Sat 28 Nov 2015, 5:12 pm

First topic message reminder :

Leicester City XI: Schmeichel; Simpson, Huth, Morgan (c), Fuchs; Mahrez, Kanté, Drinkwater, Albrighton; Okazaki, Vardy

Leicester City Subs: De Laet, King, Schlupp, Ulloa, Dyer, Schwarzer, Inler

Manchester United XI: to face Leicester: De Gea, Darmian, McNair, Smalling, Blind, Carrick, Schweinsteiger, Mata, Young, Rooney, Martial

Manchester United Subs: Romero, Borthwick-Jackson, Fellaini, Memphis, Pereira, Schneiderlin, Rashford

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 6 Empty Re: We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 11 Dec 2015, 5:00 pm

Duty281 wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:I have no problem with someone wishing English managers got more opportunities.

Racist.

I don't care if they're a funny colour, Duty. I'm not Duty, Duty. Wink

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 6 Empty Re: We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Guest Fri 11 Dec 2015, 8:09 pm

how on earth has yaya toure won the african player of the year award? surely Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang was more deserving?

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 12 Dec 2015, 10:02 am

Everton might tear us a new one today. Lukaku/Barkley/the Spanish winger who's name I can't spell - against our defence. Eek.

4-1 Everton
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Dec 2015, 11:27 am

Olly wrote:Everton might tear us a new one today. Lukaku/Barkley/the Spanish winger who's name I can't spell - against our defence. Eek.

4-1 Everton

was on sky getting interviewed last week, said to just call him 'Gerry'. Hoping Lukaku can keep this scoring run going.

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 12 Dec 2015, 11:34 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:I have no problem with someone wishing English managers got more opportunities.

Racist.

I don't care if they're a funny colour, Duty. I'm not Duty, Duty. Wink

You do hurt me, my darling.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 12 Dec 2015, 12:33 pm

Stones just rolled his ankle in the warm up
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 12 Dec 2015, 12:44 pm

He's starting still.

Cannot believe Robbie Brady has been labelled a player the top four should be after by Chris Sutton

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 12 Dec 2015, 1:36 pm

How on earth is it only 1-0 - it's been a massacre
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sat 12 Dec 2015, 2:19 pm

Wessi, eh olly

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Dec 2015, 2:51 pm

sums up everton that result

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 12 Dec 2015, 3:04 pm

westisbest wrote:Wessi, eh olly

Would've had a lovely backheel assist too if Cameron Jerome wasn't Cameron Jerome Sad

Not often you come away from a game wondering how you didn't lose, but at the the same time wondering how you didn't win either.

Decent point
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 12 Dec 2015, 3:11 pm

That damn Neil, dropping Ruddy.

Stoke just missed a sitter

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Dec 2015, 3:28 pm

watford currently 6th, four points off champions league. given leicester are in the mix too, that LVG fall back excuse of 'look where we're domestically', doesn't really hold up anymore. defeat tonight at bournemouth & I think he will be gone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Dec 2015, 3:37 pm

Something seems to be working at Watford. I didn't realise they had appointed a new manager in the summer - because the manager that got them promoted couldn't agree terms. Checking on the manager that got Watford promoted Slaviša Jokanović - he seems to be a managerial genius - having a positive impact wherever he has gone - winning titles and promotions along the way. He is a young manager and seems to be doing a world tour to gain experience.

So Watford bring in another manager ... and now seem to be doing incredibly well in the Premiership.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Dec 2015, 4:49 pm

the african player of the year turns up

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 12 Dec 2015, 4:53 pm

An alright game at Upton Park with a point a piece the fair result probably. Both teams will look at chances they had to nick it.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Dec 2015, 5:10 pm

The stats indicate a much better performance from Swansea in their first match post Garry Monk.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat 12 Dec 2015, 5:22 pm

Bournemouth - Boruc, Smith, Francis, Cook, Daniels, Ritchie, Surman, Arter, Gosling, Stanislas, King

Subs - Federici, Distin, O'Kane, Pugh, Rantie, Kermogant, Murray

Man Utd - De Gea, Varela, McNair, Blind, Borthwick-Jackson, Carrick, Fellaini, Mata, Lingaard, Memphis, Martial

Bench: Romero, Jones, Tuanzebe, Young, Schneiderlin, Pereira, Powell.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Dec 2015, 5:47 pm

It looks like the Bournemouth manager and players are working out how to play in the Premiership - despite having an injury crisis. This Bournemouth manager may be one of those rare breeds of managers - a genius manager that learns and develops.

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 12 Dec 2015, 5:54 pm

Nore Staat wrote:It looks like the Bournemouth manager and players are working out how to play in the Premiership - despite having an injury crisis.  This Bournemouth manager may be one of those rare breeds of managers - a genius manager that learns and develops.

Football light? Is that you?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sat 12 Dec 2015, 6:00 pm

Nore Staat wrote:It looks like the Bournemouth manager and players are working out how to play in the Premiership - despite having an injury crisis.  This Bournemouth manager may be one of those rare breeds of managers - a genius manager that learns and develops.

They just work very very hard and are not shown up because of the poor standard of the league.

It's like watching a cup game and they are the lower league side.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 12 Dec 2015, 6:04 pm

Aside from working hard I can't say that Bournemouth are a very good team.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Dec 2015, 6:41 pm

Olly wrote:

You think what the Bournemouth manager has done is easy given his prior experience? That said it is not just about the Bournemouth manager but about the entire Bournemouth set-up. Bournemouth in the premiership - now that is an unlikely thought.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Dec 2015, 6:42 pm

2-1 two corners two goals

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Dec 2015, 6:43 pm

This is embarrassing from United

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 12 Dec 2015, 6:46 pm

Nore Staat wrote:
Olly wrote:

You think what the Bournemouth manager has done is easy given his prior experience?  That said it is not just about the Bournemouth manager but about the entire Bournemouth set-up.  Bournemouth in the premiership - now that is an unlikely thought.

Who'd have thought a club bankrolled by a Russian businessman would be able to do well. What a hard luck tale this truly is
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sat 12 Dec 2015, 6:52 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Aside from working hard I can't say that Bournemouth are a very good team.

United can't even match the work rate.

Shambles.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 12 Dec 2015, 6:57 pm

Hear Pep might be available in the summer. LVGs seat is about to go up in flames.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 12 Dec 2015, 6:58 pm

Everytime I see Memphis Depay play I just think "he's Ryan Babel 2.0"
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Dec 2015, 7:09 pm

Olly wrote:
Nore Staat wrote:
Olly wrote:

You think what the Bournemouth manager has done is easy given his prior experience?  That said it is not just about the Bournemouth manager but about the entire Bournemouth set-up.  Bournemouth in the premiership - now that is an unlikely thought.

Who'd have thought a club bankrolled by a Russian businessman would be able to do well. What a hard luck tale this truly is
Who said anything about hard luck tales.  I made a simple statement about Bournemouth and complimented them and you have jumped all over me claiming I am "Football light".  I assumed that was some sneering insult at my comment but I suppose "Football Light" could be some well respected 606v2 commentator of high intelligence.

The difference between you and me perhaps is that you think every team in the premiership is cr&p and those that get relegated are the cr&ppiest teams, whereas I think every team in the premiership is very good and those teams that get relegated are just not quite so good.  Maybe it has something to do with supporting Norwich but I doubt it.

Anyway Fulham and Blackburn are bankrolled by billionaires business people ...

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 12 Dec 2015, 7:12 pm

Nore Staat wrote:I suppose "Football Light" could be some well respected  606v2 commentator of high intelligence.

Nope and nope
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Dec 2015, 7:22 pm

Quite clear this team isn't fighting for LVG. Needs change. The injuries are no excuse either, he let all the fringe players like Javier H & Evans go, who would walk straight into this team. His fall back excuse of league form no longer holds up, loss to Bournemouth & two draws to Leicester & WHU.

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 12 Dec 2015, 7:24 pm

Nore Staat wrote:
Olly wrote:
Nore Staat wrote:
Olly wrote:

Who said anything about hard luck tales.  I made a simple statement about Bournemouth and complimented them and you have jumped all over me claiming I am "Football light".  I assumed that was some sneering insult at my comment but I suppose "Football Light" could be some well respected  606v2 commentator of high intelligence.

The difference between you and me perhaps is that you think every team in the premiership is cr&p and those that get relegated are the cr&ppiest teams, whereas I think every team in the premiership is very good and those teams that get relegated are just not quite so good.  Maybe it has something to do with supporting Norwich but I doubt it.

Nah the only thing what I think is crap is what you posted

Why did LVG take off Fellaini - he was the only one causing them any issues
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 12 Dec 2015, 7:25 pm

Its getting harder and harder to justify Uniteds progress under LVG.

Out of the CL by January, dire football and not really a contender in a league led by Leicester
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sat 12 Dec 2015, 7:27 pm

Abject performance from United eveb considering the injuries. Older players need to look at them selves.

Not looking good for lvg, poor football and now no results.

Bournemouth did well but it is sad to see how incredibly cynical they are, a lot of diving and time wasting going on.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 12 Dec 2015, 7:28 pm

Time for LVG to go, it just isn't working.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sat 12 Dec 2015, 7:36 pm

Louis Van Gal is a football genius zen
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sat 12 Dec 2015, 7:53 pm

Its certainly a fairytale story re Bournemouth from where they were about 6 years ago, almost going out of business.

Beating Grimsby on the last day to stay in the football league.

Fair play to them doing well in their first ever prem season.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Sat 12 Dec 2015, 7:58 pm

Van Gaal definatley not the right man for United. Noway should they let him spend another 200million over the next few windows just to deliver this dire brand of football.

Although speaking as a Liverpool fan, I hope he signs a new deal!

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Dec 2015, 7:58 pm

Olly wrote:
Nore Staat wrote:
Olly wrote:
Nore Staat wrote:
Olly wrote:

Who said anything about hard luck tales.  I made a simple statement about Bournemouth and complimented them and you have jumped all over me claiming I am "Football light".  I assumed that was some sneering insult at my comment but I suppose "Football Light" could be some well respected  606v2 commentator of high intelligence.

Nah the only thing what I think is crap is what you posted

The only thing crap is your critique.  Which wasn't a critique but just a testosterone filled insult.  You are hardly encouraging of discussion and may explain why the football forum has so few contributing to it. I am grateful to Ent and Hammersmith harrier for providing more positive and intelligent comments.

606 radio is filled with angry Man Utd fans saying that Man Utd lost the game rather than Bournemouth won it.

Last edited by Nore Staat on Sat 12 Dec 2015, 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 12 Dec 2015, 8:03 pm

Which would be a spot on critique of the match Nore, Bournemouth didn't do anything that should have bothered us and we conceded two silly goals from corners.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Dec 2015, 8:06 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Which would be a spot on critique of the match Nore, Bournemouth didn't do anything that should have bothered us and we conceded two silly goals from corners.
It seems that Man Utd are playing sluggishly in thought and physically. A goal behind after 2 minutes at the start. Another goal within 9 mins of the second half.

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sat 12 Dec 2015, 8:38 pm

LVG is on another planet.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Dec 2015, 8:51 pm

To be honest, this isn't that much of a surprise. Even on here, there were plenty of sceptical views on his appointment & doubted he would succeed. Had his chance & blew it. Glazers/Woodward need to say thank-you for last season & keeping the boat afloat after Moyes, but he's not the long term manager to take this club back to where they belong.

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 12 Dec 2015, 8:54 pm

Henry winter has his own advert ffs
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Dec 2015, 8:59 pm

Steve D (@dorringtonsteve)
2 mins ago - View on Twitter
I find that @henrywinter times advert so patronising. He's gonna give me a deeper insight into the game? Cheers for that mate. Smug Tinkywinky

mark neale (@neale_mark)
14 mins ago - View on Twitter
every time that bloody Henry Winter advert comes on I have turn the tv over! #pretentious

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 12 Dec 2015, 9:20 pm

I had my doubts on LVG over the lack of success in top European leagues since the first Barca spell to the Bundesliga in 2010. But he fit the bill of terms of a proven manager with a track record of developing youth and managing big clubs.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Dec 2015, 10:57 pm

Javier Hernandez scored a hat-trick today too. I've lost count the number of goals he's scored since he left OT.

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sat 12 Dec 2015, 10:59 pm

Wilson was class again for us today. Scored a lovely goal as well.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat 12 Dec 2015, 11:33 pm

Wow even I couldn't see this coming from United, they lack true goal scoring threats. If they give up a goal in the past you were never safe United could go down two goals to a side like this and still won the match 5-2 on a goal scoring blitz. They should give Giggs the nod now and make it clear that he is going to be there for the long haul. They may have to put up with one or two more bad seasons but what they need now is stability. The galactico model is a failure enough revolving door style transfers and managers they need stability. Shouldn't have let Hernandez go and shouldn't have loaned at januzaj

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next