The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Go Again! The Premier League thread

+36
Corporalhumblebucket
Atila
1GrumpyGolfer
JamesLincs
Holymiky
LondonTiger
BamBam
Lowlandbrit
Scott is Back
sirfredperry
socal1976
NickisBHAFC
Hammersmith harrier
lfc91
westisbest
Josiah Maiestas
GSC
Good Golly I'm Olly
Ent
Fernando
Dolphin Ziggler
Duty281
Crimey
Adam D
hampo17
LivinginItaly
Hero
newballs
guildfordbat
cherriesfna
kingraf
compelling and rich
Alistair
TRUSSMAN66
Mat
Bull
40 posters

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 13 Empty We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Fernando Sat 28 Nov 2015, 5:12 pm

First topic message reminder :

Leicester City XI: Schmeichel; Simpson, Huth, Morgan (c), Fuchs; Mahrez, Kanté, Drinkwater, Albrighton; Okazaki, Vardy

Leicester City Subs: De Laet, King, Schlupp, Ulloa, Dyer, Schwarzer, Inler

Manchester United XI: to face Leicester: De Gea, Darmian, McNair, Smalling, Blind, Carrick, Schweinsteiger, Mata, Young, Rooney, Martial

Manchester United Subs: Romero, Borthwick-Jackson, Fellaini, Memphis, Pereira, Schneiderlin, Rashford

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 13 Empty Re: We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 22 Dec 2015, 6:41 pm

Please be true.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 13 Empty Re: We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Guest Tue 22 Dec 2015, 6:51 pm

I'd take it with a pinch of salt, the rumour looks to have originated from trevor sinclair, even as a former footballer i aint sure how reliable his word is when it comes to a team he has no, and never had involvement with

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Dec 2015, 6:52 pm

Anyhow if it is true they reckon it'll be 7.30ish an announcement will be made

All i know for sure is LVG pre game conference is still scheduled as plan for tomorrow and thats only because sky tweeted it earlier

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 22 Dec 2015, 6:58 pm

Betting went mad on it. Sometimes that's a sign, but with Twitter nowadays it's hard to separate who got what info first.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Dec 2015, 7:13 pm

Sinclair tweeted again, reckons somebody updated his twitter when he left his phone on a table at a party. Rookie error is that

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Dec 2015, 7:39 pm

LVG made a rousing speech at the club Xmas lunch, telling the staff/players to stick together etc & come through this. Doubt he would of made that speech or been allowed too, if he was in he process of been sacked. I'd suggest he's got the two Xmas games to save his job, then they will act, coinciding with the window opening for the new manager.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Dec 2015, 8:03 pm

That little club Bournemouth are close to finalising a loan, with a view to a £16.2million deal in the summer, to sign Juan Iturbe from Roma.

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Tue 22 Dec 2015, 8:11 pm

Like any neutral I am happy for Leicester and if the gunners don't win it I would be happy for the underdog story coming true. Arsenal has already had an injury crisis that knocked them off their stride a bit early on but they weathered the storm while still missing their leading goal scorer from last year in Sanchez and having big losses in Santi and Coq as well out of their first eleven. The key difference between this and other years the squad is deep and mature enough to win matches and not fall away. I don't count Leiscester out at all they deserve where they are in the table. We know injuries happen and Leiscester I think has to keep Vardy and Mahrez healthy. If one of those two go down it becomes very difficult to see them keeping this up. That being said I would still pick Arsenal over Leiscester if I had to bet the house on it, the rest of the big clubs are way down.

I wish I could share Duty's refreshing optimism if a bit tongue in cheek about the champions league. But honestly can't see us doing anything against them. I just want us to not get bombed in those two matches and play them at least well enough to retain our confidence and mojo.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 22 Dec 2015, 10:34 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
Ent wrote:City will if aguero and silva are fit for 3-4 months.

One of the bigger ifs. And I'm still not sure they'd do it without Kompany

Cl no but pl is fairly weak I can see ten out scoring most with those 2 fully fit.

A massive if though, as you say.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 22 Dec 2015, 10:54 pm

John wrote:That little club Bournemouth are close to finalising a loan, with a view to a £16.2million deal in the summer, to sign Juan Iturbe from Roma.

What a plucky hard luck story this continues to be....
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 23 Dec 2015, 9:36 am

Olly wrote:
John wrote:That little club Bournemouth are close to finalising a loan, with a view to a £16.2million deal in the summer, to sign Juan Iturbe from Roma.

What a plucky hard luck story this continues to be....
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 23 Dec 2015, 10:56 am

I love the bitterness

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 23 Dec 2015, 1:44 pm

Ha

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 24 Dec 2015, 10:42 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:I love the bitterness

Not bitter, just wish the media would do some work before reaching a false narrative
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 24 Dec 2015, 10:45 am

It's not a false narrative from the perspective of most football fans who remember their position over the years, the size of the club and also the fact they have only been mildly bankrolled recently in an era of huge money.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 24 Dec 2015, 10:52 am

"Mildly bankrolled" with that near 170% wages to turnover ratio...pretty sure QPR were often looked down on for similar such actions...similar sized club too
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 24 Dec 2015, 11:01 am

Bournemouth fined for breaching FFP by the FL.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 24 Dec 2015, 11:12 am

Well that's pointless the money from going up will cover the fine Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 24 Dec 2015, 11:17 am

Olly wrote:"Mildly bankrolled" with that near 170% wages to turnover ratio...pretty sure QPR were often looked down on for similar such actions...similar sized club too

There is no historical comparison between Bournemouth and QPR. And they're one of numerous clubs sanctioned today, all others bigger clubs too, and are playing players in the Premier League who had basically been considered not good enough by anyone else. 

The media and older fans are remembering Bournemouth before they got investment and also looking at what they still are.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 24 Dec 2015, 11:25 am

Its interesting that Watfords recent history has been whitewashed too.

Essentially skirting FFP by having the parent club buy the players then sell them for a nominal fee to Watford or loan them.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 24 Dec 2015, 12:12 pm

I said last season I was annoyed that "little Bournemouth" were underdogs on promotion, when they actually had one of the biggest budgets in that league Laugh

It's continued this year, as they have been breached FFP and signing a player for 16 mill!

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 24 Dec 2015, 12:23 pm

Youre gonna ruin your Christmas meals, guys. Turkey is dry enough without making it so sour and bitter too

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu 24 Dec 2015, 12:24 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
Olly wrote:"Mildly bankrolled" with that near 170% wages to turnover ratio...pretty sure QPR were often looked down on for similar such actions...similar sized club too

There is no historical comparison between Bournemouth and QPR. And they're one of numerous clubs sanctioned today, all others bigger clubs too, and are playing players in the Premier League who had basically been considered not good enough by anyone else. 

The media and older fans are remembering Bournemouth before they got investment and also looking at what they still are.

Exactly.

From where they werre few years back almost going out of business, fanns putting money into buckets on matchday to help keep the club alive.

To where they are now holding there own in the premiership is a great story.

Bournemouth are a small club, as alot of their fans will say.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 24 Dec 2015, 1:24 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Youre gonna ruin your Christmas meals, guys. Turkey is dry enough without making it so sour and bitter too

You might want to double check your turkey is actually a turkey Wink
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Dec 2015, 12:20 pm

Wayne Rooney dropped to the bench

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sat 26 Dec 2015, 12:23 pm

Dunno if its just the festive period, but gonna say we will get Our first home win of the season today.

2-1.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 26 Dec 2015, 12:52 pm

We've got no Lanzini and sounds like Jelavic up front so I'd suspect you might take it 1-0 in an ugly game

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 26 Dec 2015, 1:04 pm

Hahahaha Depay

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 26 Dec 2015, 1:05 pm

ruh roh
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 26 Dec 2015, 1:10 pm

Sacked in the morning!

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 26 Dec 2015, 1:12 pm

At least LVG wasn't sacked on xmas
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 26 Dec 2015, 1:16 pm

It's beyond a joke now, our once secure defence has been tinkered with to such an extent it's leaking goals at astounding rate now, truly truly embarrassing.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 26 Dec 2015, 1:27 pm

If you looked at both attacks, I think its hard to have had Utd more likely to score than Stoke. Big fish small pond seems to be suiting Bojan to a Tee
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 26 Dec 2015, 2:09 pm

And having said we'll be stuck with Jellyfish up front he's not even made the squad. Hope Valencia has a good game, deserves more chances as a striker

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 26 Dec 2015, 2:30 pm

Paddy power paying out on LVG to be the next manager to go.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 26 Dec 2015, 2:36 pm

Stoke beat United 2-0.

Timely result for Stoke.

For LVG, 7 games without a win, 4 losses in a row, out of the CL and the top 4 before 2016. Times up.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 26 Dec 2015, 3:23 pm

City 3-0 up already over Sunderland
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 26 Dec 2015, 3:26 pm

1-0 Spurs, Kane from the penalty spot
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 26 Dec 2015, 3:32 pm

Oh look our second best gk gives away a stupid penalty....
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 26 Dec 2015, 3:32 pm

Chelsea 1-0 up through Costa
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 26 Dec 2015, 3:42 pm

2-0 Spurs

Watford equalise against Chelsea
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 26 Dec 2015, 3:43 pm

We're getting d1cked here
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sat 26 Dec 2015, 3:52 pm

Typical.

Thank god Sanchez off.
Gil on.

Garde is so defensive.
Does he not realise what position we are in and how desperate the situarion is, ffs.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 26 Dec 2015, 4:14 pm

Watford lead Chelsea
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 26 Dec 2015, 4:20 pm

Upset alert as Benteke puts Liverpool 1-0 up against Leicester
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 26 Dec 2015, 4:21 pm

Ayew equalises for Villa from the spot
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 26 Dec 2015, 4:22 pm

Cheap pen, bought by Gestede and the ref missing an earlier pull. 30 mins against momentum now

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 26 Dec 2015, 4:22 pm

And Costa scores against for Chelsea.

Its all happening
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sat 26 Dec 2015, 4:22 pm

Ayew.
Get in there, c'mon now Villa.

Dubious pen, but fk it, we'll take it.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 26 Dec 2015, 4:29 pm

Kompany comes on and limps off after
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next