The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eubanks Jr Gary O'Sulivan The gloves are off

+6
catchweight
Herman Jaeger
wheelchair1991
Dipper Brown
Pound-for-Pound
ONETWOFOREVER
10 posters

Go down

Eubanks Jr Gary O'Sulivan The gloves are off Empty Eubanks Jr Gary O'Sulivan The gloves are off

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:59 pm

Has anyone seen this?

Not that this fight deserves 2 chairs and a table, a camera crew, dodgy lighting, and Jonny Nelson asking his usual brand of probing irrelevant/confusing questions.

However, I found it both embarrassing and interesting.

Eubank jnr comes across smart and in control. Gary just sits there either not saying much or coming out with phrases that would make Clubber Lang blush lol oh yeah Gary/Spike also thinks he would beat GGG  NOW.

Eubanks calls him out over Spikes tracsh talking comments on social media and Gary/Spike genuinely looks shook. I see O'Sulivan getting sparked silly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAyfdoIdvCs

Sorry is this ok to do MODS??

Last edited by ONETWOFOREVER on Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Eubanks Jr Gary O'Sulivan The gloves are off Empty Re: Eubanks Jr Gary O'Sulivan The gloves are off

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:03 pm

The gloves are off was only for big fights once upon a time..

Maybe early purchase numbers have forced Hearn to provide more of this crap..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Eubanks Jr Gary O'Sulivan The gloves are off Empty Re: Eubanks Jr Gary O'Sulivan The gloves are off

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:14 pm

Beats some of the stuff Truss, you write...

Thanks for this, looking forward to watching it.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:47 pm

Actually that was one of the best I've seen for a while in this series.

Thought O'Sullivan looked very relaxed though.

Looking forward to it and have been for a while. Will this fight make me buy the ppv, that is the question. Will have to see on the night

Though I will add I've never seen O'Sullivan fight, it's just the chemistry between them makes me like the fight.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Pound-for-Pound Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:14 pm

Only ever seen O'Sullivan when he fought BJS and, from what I remember, he was extremely one dimensional. Also remember hearing people say he got lucky in a decision over Matthew Hall.

Pound-for-Pound

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:31 pm

He's a strong guy with good timing though O'Sullivan, let's hope he can land a few hayemakers early on and make it interesting.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:39 pm

Ridiculous that this fight had this type of programme

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:41 pm

People can't be buying that Josh Whyte is 'the biggest fight in the U.K.' So they've got to tag this hype on. Interesting fight but come off it, nothing special.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:42 pm

They both come to fight these two, both strong punchers and there's needle, their styles should mesh nicely too. Got to be honest, I quite enjoyed that gloves are off.

Why not let's have more of them, I say?

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:51 pm

It will be a good fight but come on this sort of stuff for what is a good good domestic fight at best is over the top

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:56 pm

Maybe a bit ott, but enjoyed it none the less.

But this is European class if not higher, still don't see why you can't have a gloves are off for a domestic level fight or European level when the chemistry is good though.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:06 pm

Eventually these kind of things get a bit repetitive. Nothing against them, but Sky are using them purely to drive ppv sales now. If they are going to budget and cost I would rather not have them spend the money on these things and instead spend it on putting together good cards rather than these kind of reality tv "behind the scenes" shows which are pretty manufactured. More boxing, less reality tv please.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:23 pm

Very well spoken Eubank jr......No cursing and seems like he's been well brought up...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by themadworldofjb Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:05 am

Bit silly but I think they did it because of the previous needle. I think Snr would have made it even more hilarious.

themadworldofjb
themadworldofjb

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:16 pm

Found the whole thing dull. Spike staying quiet, trying to get into Eubank's head. Eubank trying to carry it with his personality, which is not particularly developed. Dull as dishwater with nothing of interest being said.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:33 pm

Using The gloves are off for undercard fights now.....

Eddie seems to be abusing the PPV format and this one....Must be worried about sales.

If sales don't improve what next...Whyte throws a punch at the weigh in ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:44 pm

Where's Strongy these days.

Thought he'd be proper gloating about what a git big Ed is being with the PPV's lately. (Hope he's not gone bust, Strongy not Ed)

We seem to be seeing more and more of these to sell fights as they can't do it on ability alone. Waste of time imo and adds nothing to anything.

Oh and isn't it Eubank, not Eubanks???

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:17 pm

These PPVs are pap. Fair play, Fury v Klit can be PPV. But this rubbish. More to come in 2016. And I was a Hearn supporter! Well, of sorts.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down