The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!)

+56
gazzyD
MrPoncho
RiscaGame
alfie
Scott is Back
Preacher
dyrewolfe
Mr Tom
Tattie Scones RRN
nadeem2099
hornbloweroafc
lostinwales
Geordie
hampo17
Y I Man
Adam D
SecretFly
bluestonevedder
profitius
lfc91
Holymiky
ShahenshahG
kingraf
The Beast
Alistair
TRUSSMAN66
Atila
Luke
GSC
JDizzle
Breadvan
Ent
dummy_half
Azzy
wisden
seanmichaels
mikey_dragon
Galted
Dolphin Ziggler
guildfordbat
rIck_dAgless
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Steffan
Bull
Mr Bounce
superflyweight
Mind the windows Tino.
compelling and rich
westisbest
Rowley
Derbymanc
Mad for Chelsea
Hero
Hammersmith harrier
Stella
President Trump
60 posters

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!) - Page 6 Empty The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!)

Post by President Trump Tue 10 Nov 2015, 10:23 am

First topic message reminder :

I watch two films over the last few days

Seventh Son: Absolute tosh, it felt like a bad D&D film from SyFy

The Wedding Ringer: It was a fun movie, predictable but fun, "Who the hell are these guys, it's like the Goonies grew up and became r@pists" Laugh

President Trump

Back to top Go down

The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!) - Page 6 Empty Re: The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!)

Post by Galted Fri 12 Feb 2016, 4:49 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Galted wrote:
Adam D wrote:I watched john wick as well. 

Basically two hours of keanu reeves shooting people in the head. 6/10

As long as it keeps him from trying to act for 2 hours.

Galted will be overjoyed to know they're currently filming John Wick 2

No doubt I'll be watching it as Galtova thinks that Keanu is the most beautiful-looking person on earth.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!) - Page 6 Empty Re: The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!)

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 13 Feb 2016, 8:58 pm

Dances With Wolves

Three hours long and barely anything happens, I won't be getting that time back again.

3/10

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun 14 Feb 2016, 3:32 pm

Saw Dad's Army last night. Tricky to review.

I grew up with and enjoyed the tv series. For me, it worked as some sort of homage and I liked a lot of the performances. Michael Gambon was excellent, he really is a top notch actor. More surprisingly, Catherine Zeta-Jones and Blake Harrison (''The Inbetweeners'') were also very good.

However, for those coming to it afresh or with little interest in the old tv programmes, I can't see it working. The plot is wafer thin - that didn't bother me as it is essentially about the characters - and so the story is unlikely to be regarded as doing justice to the talented and wide ranging British cast. Still could be useful though for a trip to the cinema with youngish kids during half-term.

Even for an old time fan though, not everything worked. There was some innuendo - nothing against that in general but here it appeared out of place and wasn't particularly funny either. Seemed guaranteed to do nothing other than alienate all sections of the audience. Additionally, Bill Paterson looked as if he could have been effective as Frazer but needed more screen time whilst Tom Courtenay was sadly unconvincing as Jones. It would also have been an idea to extend Ian Lavender's cameo to give him some dialogue with Pike and leave open the question of the Stupid Boy's father.

All in all, a highly personalised 7/10.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Mon 15 Feb 2016, 11:02 am

Watched Trainwreck yesterday with Amy Schumer as a neuro-nympho, irrational mess dealing with her job, Dad's MS and trying to find love.

Thought it was very funny actually.

8/10

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 15 Feb 2016, 11:15 am

Saw Deadpool, absolutely loved it, but its pretty much aimed at me. Can see it being a marmite film depending on your tastes.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Feb 2016, 12:37 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Dances With Wolves

Three hours long and barely anything happens, I won't be getting that time back again.

3/10

Skip Manchester United's next two home games & you should get back the three hours.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 15 Feb 2016, 12:41 pm

3/10

... and he doesn't actually 'dance' with the wolves so it will lose points for accuracy.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 15 Feb 2016, 12:47 pm

He in fact does hence the name but good try.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 15 Feb 2016, 1:00 pm

Alistair wrote:Watched Trainwreck yesterday with Amy Schumer as a neuro-nympho, irrational mess dealing with her job, Dad's MS and trying to find love.

8/10

I haven't seen the film, but there is something about Amy Schumer that gives me a stiffy.

All the parts are wrong but together something works. For me anyway.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 15 Feb 2016, 1:09 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:He in fact does hence the name but good try.

He fools around with them sure, but I didn't see any discernible dancing and I wasn't looking for an expertly executed American Smooth or Cha Cha Cha - maybe just a competent Waltz or a bouncy Jive. He didn't even do the Lambada or the Twist.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 15 Feb 2016, 1:12 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Alistair wrote:Watched Trainwreck yesterday with Amy Schumer as a neuro-nympho, irrational mess dealing with her job, Dad's MS and trying to find love.

8/10

I haven't seen the film, but there is something about Amy Schumer that gives me a stiffy.

All the parts are wrong but together something works.  For me anyway.

Probably helps you that she does look like she would enjoy a spot of mutual masturbation in a municipal building or on public transport.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 15 Feb 2016, 1:18 pm

superflyweight wrote:

8/10

Probably helps you that she does look like she would enjoy a spot of mutual masturbation in a municipal building or on public transport.

I think that's it. She really is filthy, one only needs to listen to her talk for 5 minutes to realise that.

I think she would dress up as a librarian without too much fuss. She may even black up for me and pretend to be an Indian.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 15 Feb 2016, 1:21 pm

superflyweight wrote:

8/10

I think that's it.  She really is filthy, one only needs to listen to her talk for 5 minutes to realise that.

I think she would dress up as a librarian without too much fuss.  She may even black up for me and pretend to be an Indian.

The feather headdress and tomahawk might be a push though.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 15 Feb 2016, 1:22 pm

superflyweight wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

8/10

I think that's it.  She really is filthy, one only needs to listen to her talk for 5 minutes to realise that.

I think she would dress up as a librarian without too much fuss.  She may even black up for me and pretend to be an Indian.

Racist.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 15 Feb 2016, 1:25 pm

superflyweight wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

8/10

Racist.

How dare you. Some of my best friends are Cherokee.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Mon 15 Feb 2016, 1:29 pm

8/10

Yep. Spot on.

The other half looked at me in disgust when i said it.

On the subject of the film, LeBron James is brilliant in it.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Mon 15 Feb 2016, 1:57 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:He in fact does hence the name but good try.

Yeah that time Kevin Costner and two-socks went to the disco was my favourite part.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 15 Feb 2016, 10:26 pm

3/10

It is a spectacular load of pc turd.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Tue 16 Feb 2016, 8:26 am

Deadpool - Absolutely fantastic and stays true to comics Deadpool which is what I was really worried about. They way the plot jumped around really made sense and for some reason it made me really happy that the test footage released was a major part for the first half. Origin story was good and the only thing i'd liked to have seen a bit more of was Pools interaction with 'Francis' in the hospital. Also cracking way to come up with his name (similar to the comments but different place). Weasel and Blind Al, whilst different from there comic counterparts worked really well (although tbh Al was very similar jusgt a few tweaks here and there). Ripped the X-men at every opportunity and poked fun at itself.
11/10 bril;iant film

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Tue 16 Feb 2016, 7:40 pm

Fast and Furious 7.

Similar to the others wich i dont mind.

Nice piece at the end for Paul Walker.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Thu 18 Feb 2016, 4:53 pm

2 films this week - went to see Deadpool & also Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.

Deadpool is of course everything an "anti-Marvel" Marvel film should be. It's full of bad language, lots and lots of blood and messy bits, and more sarcasm than you can shake a katana at. Ryan Reynolds is so right for this role and regularly breaks the 4th wall whilst dropping quips like there's no tomorrow. As stated above, there's a huge amount of mickey-taking, with nods to Green Lantern (uncomplimentary!), and the X-men amongst others. It's also extremely funny if, like me, your sense of humour is a little bit "wrong". There's good scriptwriting and a pretty decent supporting cast (Ed Skrein is particularly acidic).

It's the sort of film that will appeal to many and will also shock a few that are unaware it is a more adult Marvel film. It's funny, bloody and full of action and doesn't concentrate too hard on the back story. 8.5/10

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies is a bit of an odd one - I went to see it as a bit of a joke and ending up quite impressed with what the cast and crew did with it. It follows the basic storyline from the book quite closely, and intersperses it with the addition of a zombie plague. The Bennett daughters are of course fully trained in the art of fighting zombies, and Sam Riley's D'arcy is particularly (and amusingly) deadpan - a good nod towards Colin Firth's portrayal in the BBC TV series. Matt Smith's Mr Collins is wonderfully over-the-top and a little annoying (much like the book), and both Charles Dance & Sally Phillips ham it up well as Mr & Mrs Bennett. However, I reserve my biggest plaudits for Lena Heady's Catherine De Bourgh and Lily James' rather fetching Elizabeth Bennett.

If you take into account just how strange a concept this is, it's done pretty well. The zombies are not quite like your standard shamblers, being able to speak, but overall it's good fun, although not one for the literary purist!! 7/10

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Feb 2016, 12:40 pm

Watched The Martian. Depends on the mood you're in really which will determine how much you enjoy/not enjoy the film. If you're a bit @nal and a stickler for detail, you will find holes in the film which will no doubt affect your enjoyment of this film. However, those who root for the guy facing life defining odds, you will enjoy this. You could argue this is Moon crossed with Cast Away. Can't say I was totally enamoured with Damon in this film. He doesn't paint the picture of a guy marooned on a planet without any source of natural flowing water and a very scarce food supply.

I actually think Daniels steals the show because of the deadpan expressions when making difficult decisions. Really plays the politician well.

The burning question throughout is how is the guy going to get off the planet if at all?

8 out of 10 for me. I fall into the latter that enjoys the long struggle towards a goal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Thu 25 Feb 2016, 10:29 am

I watched The Martian on the weekend, i really enjoyed it, if you take away the somewhat obvious plotholes.

I do feel they missed a trick with not having him freak out when he realised he'd been left for dead. I mean, who just wanders back to camp and gets on with things? Stranded on a planet on your own? Nobody is that calm.

Daniels is brilliant for me, totally agree that he steals the film. Was it me or did you expect Sean Bean to die at some point, just because he's Sean Bean?

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 25 Feb 2016, 10:34 am

Alistair wrote:I watched The Martian on the weekend, i really enjoyed it, if you take away the somewhat obvious plotholes.

I do feel they missed a trick with not having him freak out when he realised he'd been left for dead. I mean, who just wanders back to camp and gets on with things? Stranded on a planet on your own? Nobody is that calm.

Daniels is brilliant for me, totally agree that he steals the film. Was it me or did you expect Sean Bean to die at some point, just because he's Sean Bean?

And it is based on a true story...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Thu 25 Feb 2016, 10:59 am

rick_dagless wrote:
Alistair wrote:I watched The Martian on the weekend, i really enjoyed it, if you take away the somewhat obvious plotholes.

I wish i was lying when i say my other half asked this...

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 25 Feb 2016, 11:04 am

Actually that's quite normal Alistair. People go back to familiarity as a defense mechanism in times of crazy circumstances. Even some people who been suddenly sacked from work get up get ready and go to work as usual and then wander off elsewhere once it hits em that they've been sacked.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 25 Feb 2016, 11:21 am

Alistair wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:

Apparently a lot of people did...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 25 Feb 2016, 11:28 am

rick_dagless wrote:
Alistair wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:

Apparently a lot of people did...

My boss did too but he's a freemason so I dunno if that bodes well or ill

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Thu 25 Feb 2016, 11:41 am

ShahenshahG wrote:Actually that's quite normal Alistair. People go back to familiarity as a defense mechanism in times of crazy circumstances. Even some people who been suddenly sacked from work get up get ready and go to work as usual and then wander off elsewhere once it hits em that they've been sacked.

I guess that makes sense, but surely eventually that panic would set in. I mean, how long was it before they realised he was alive? SOL 54?

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Feb 2016, 12:21 pm

These guys are intensively psyche evaluated for worst case scenario things. They're also highly educated people with numerous degrees in all manner of what the laymen would call "useless boring sh!t that no ordinary person would ever need" (which is the whole point, astronauts are not ordinary people.

It's like the army drilling solders with seemingly mundane procedures again and again until the things they do in extreme circumstances are like second nature to them.

As I've said before, I much preferred The Martian to The Revenant all the big wig d!cksucking of DiCaprio isn't going to change my mind

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Mon 29 Feb 2016, 9:19 am

Brought the kids to see Goosebumps on Saturday, it was very enjoyable, the kids loved it and even the CGI wasn't too shoddy

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Mon 29 Feb 2016, 9:29 am

Made the other half watch Training Day on the weekend; needless to say she loved it.

Really is a brilliant film, and Denzel is superb. Cracking soundtrack as well.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 29 Feb 2016, 8:53 pm

So there's a bit of an uproar that Mark Rylance beat Sly to the best supporting actor oscar when anyone who had seen all five films involved in the nominations will know he was a more than deserved winner.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Mar 2016, 10:19 am

Haven't even got halfway through Bridge of Spies and I can state with some degree of honesty that Rylance's performance is better than Stallone's. Best bit of Stallone's performance is when he's in the doctor's talking about why he doesn't want chemo. That's very touching but the rest is just same old same old.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 01 Mar 2016, 12:58 pm

I've not seen either film so unable to comment on their respective performances but isn't Stallone now at the stage that when he's playing Rocky he's essentially playing himself?

I have seen Spotlight though and Mark Ruffalo is excellent in that, but I also thought Liev Schrieber was equally as good in it and I'm not sure how voters manage to pick between members of an ensemble cast.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 01 Mar 2016, 7:58 pm

Agreed there Fly, Keaton was also very good, much better than the pile of Poopie that was Birdman.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Wed 02 Mar 2016, 11:40 am

Halfway through Spike Island at the moment. I' was not a massive Roses fan, not that it really matters, but So far very enjoyable.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Wed 02 Mar 2016, 3:30 pm

In the heart of the sea. Solid first hour about the crew and the whales and the eventual attack, then more about survival after they're cut adrift. Not bad..
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Fri 04 Mar 2016, 12:28 am

Yesterday i watched Mad Max Fury Road again, as its running on TV. I wrote a glowing review of it last year and I still think it'll go down as one of the all time greats. Highly recommended.

This week I watched Dumb and Dumber To. This is a strange one for me. Dumb and dumber was probably my favourite comedy of all time but whenever I am looking for films to watch, I'll have a look at IMDB or a similar site to gauge peoples opinions. This film got a lot of 1/10 ratings! So that put me off watching it before as well as a scene in one of the trailers which was more stomach turning than funny.

I decided to watch it finally and could see why it such a bad rating. For starters, they basically copied the original story but more importantly, the magic of dumb and dumber wasn't there.

In the original you had 2 idiots in a real world. In this you had 2 idiots in an over the top world. Everything seemed to be OTT. The humour wasn't clever anymore but OTT, gross-out American style humour. The characters were not the lovable rogues like before but instead, more of the dislikeable obnoxious kind.

Pity they ruined the sequel but the original remains a classic.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 04 Mar 2016, 9:15 am

Spot on review of dumb and dumber too. Couldn't have summed it up better.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Mar 2016, 10:30 am

Started watching a film called "The Lobster" with Colin Farrell and Rachel Weisz. Quirky black comedy where the single/divorced/widowed are taken to a special hotel and have 45 days to find love amongst other guests or else be turned into an animal of their choosing. Farrell's choice being...a lobster (watch it to find out why). Anyway, so far it's weird/funny and I look forward to finding out what happens.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Fri 04 Mar 2016, 12:54 pm

Went to see Triple 9 the other week expecting a half decent film full of a pretty good cast. Instead it was an hour of "What's going to happen next" followed by "We're running out of ideas on how to finish this film".

Chiwitel Ejiofor is utterly wasted in this rather straightforward script and Woody Harrelson looks like he's paying the gas bill. Kate Winslet as a Russian? And her sister's Gal Gadot? Somebody is really pushing the boundaries here. It comes to something when I think the best acting performance in the film is by Casey Affleck.

It starts well and is gritty, then simply loses its way. There are better thrillers out there. 5/10

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 08 Mar 2016, 8:11 am

Hail Caesar

I usually like anything that the Coen Brothers do but this was just crap, an incoherent plot with too many superfluous characters who added nothing to whatever the plot was meant to be.

3/10

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Tue 08 Mar 2016, 10:53 am

Finally watched Paddington yesterday. A kids' film that is funnier than most adult comedies. Who'd have thought? Seeing Hugh Bonneville dressed as a woman was highly amusing.

8/10.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Mar 2016, 1:14 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Hail Caesar

I usually like anything that the Coen Brothers do but this was just crap, an incoherent plot with too many superfluous characters who added nothing to whatever the plot was meant to be.

3/10
The Coen's are dead to me these days. After The Big Lebowski all else is sh!te. I may have to watch it purely for Scarlett Johannsen though!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 08 Mar 2016, 5:13 pm

Be very disappointed Dave as she's in it only fleetingly.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Mar 2016, 12:48 pm

It's enough Hammers, its enough. there's a woman works in the next office who bears a resemblance to her (eyes and lips) I told her a while back and she was quite flattered. Sadly she's married and pregnant with her 2nd child but I can wait until she's desperate and has an appalling drop in her standards.

Watched American Hustle the other day. Waste of time as, if I want to watch a scam movie, I've already seen Oceans 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Wed 09 Mar 2016, 6:03 pm

Saw London Has Fallen. Gerard Butler is still on Presidential Security detail, this time in Central London and he & President Asher (Aaron Eckhart) are once again caught up in terrorist activities. Unsurprisingly the film is effectively a re-run of Olympus Has Fallen with different surroundings and a different set of terrorists. Butler gets all the good lines and is as indestructible and as angry as they come.

This is non-stop action with fun one-liners and a ridiculously silly plot. There are lots of dead people by the end of the film. It's a good laugh but not much more. 6/10 OK

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Mar 2016, 8:14 am

Recorded terminator genysis and mad max off of Premiere recently and watched both over the weekend

Terminator was dreadful, special effects were decent enough but certainly style over substance. Will stick to the 1 and 2 for my terminator fix in future

Mad max, never seen the old ones so dont have point of reference, but wasnt bowled over by this either. Was probably more entertaining than terminator was, but again, likely wont find myself watching again

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Mar 2016, 8:56 am

Just started watching the new POINT BREAK. Have no idea who the guy playing Keanu Reeves' character is but I'm betting a kidney (not mine) that they'd planned to make this a few years ago and had approached Heath Ledger for the role. The likeness is uncanny. He also makes Keanu look like Richard Burton.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next