The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McGregor making a fool out of Floyd!

+10
marty2086
Hammersmith harrier
tunes666
jimdig
lfc91
TRUSSMAN66
catchweight
BoxingFan88
hazharrison
AdamT
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

McGregor making a fool out of Floyd! Empty McGregor making a fool out of Floyd!

Post by AdamT Wed 06 Jan 2016, 8:43 pm

Dear Mr.Mayweather,

I read the other day that you think racism still exists because I talk Poopie and am loved but when you did it you were hated…would you like a pad or a tampon? The difference between you and me buddy is that I’m IRISH and you are not. When I fight men,women,children,cats and dogs stop for my fights. Forget using skin colour as an excuse!!
Also the reason why I am loved is because I have never stepped down to a fight…I am not a man who picks and chooses his fights out of fear. You ruined your legacy to a certain degree because you didn’t have the balls to fight Manny for years…excuse after excuse is what the fans kept hearing from you and now your angry your not loved? Who was the man you fought after Manny?? I don’t think a lot of people out there know because it was one of the worst pay per view ratings of all time. Just remember this…you can have all the money and power in the world and drive all the fastest cars but like I said before precision beats power and timing beats speed

AdamT

Back to top Go down

McGregor making a fool out of Floyd! Empty Re: McGregor making a fool out of Floyd!

Post by hazharrison Wed 06 Jan 2016, 11:56 pm

http://www.independent.ie/sport/leftfield/no-cure-for-stupid-fake-conor-mcgregor-message-to-mayweather-reported-by-fox-sports-34340135.html

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

McGregor making a fool out of Floyd! Empty Re: McGregor making a fool out of Floyd!

Post by AdamT Thu 07 Jan 2016, 12:06 am

That sorts it all out then Very Happy

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Thu 07 Jan 2016, 3:34 am

Floyd is making a fool out of himself more and more these days.

But he is rich so I suppose he doesn't care

Defending Ward who hasn't fought anyone of relevance in years

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sun 10 Jan 2016, 12:21 am

McGregor has made a real reply since.

Why does Floyd pretend he doesn't know who McGregor is? He knows rightly, same as the time he claimed to not know Ronda.

Man is a genius boxer, but an idiot.

I know this is a boxing forum, but I bet the guys on here that have watched Conor fight, are really impressed. I hate grappling, but Conor isn't interested in grappling, he would much rather punch and kick someone's head off.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Jan 2016, 1:24 am

I think there are plenty of MMA fights that are predominantly stand up that guys on here would appreciate, Condit vs Lawler , Nate Diaz vs Michael Johnson and a lot of Frankie Edgars are fights that spring to mind. its just the ground game guys don't like and many who don't watch think that that is what most MMA is.

Now I know this is a boxing forum not kick boxing but this fight is probably one of the best, Zambidis vs Chahid, Zambids has excellent boxing. Check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWBoBHvP3-U

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 10 Jan 2016, 1:52 am

Mayweather is the one who really reveals his own racism whenever he brings the topic up

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sun 10 Jan 2016, 2:56 am

Yeah I back Floyd as a fighter. But he is a pr1ck!

I wish he would come back and fight someone like GGG. I would like to see him humbled. I used to like him when he was boxing and thought his trash talk was for show. I was wrong. He is very arrogant.

I seen an interview with Ali, Leonard and Tyson on YouTube. The Arsenio Hall show. They asked Ali who would win,prime for prime. Him or Tyson?

He pointed to Mike. Did he really believe that? No he most likely didn't. But he was a man that was proud of his own achievements and had nothing to prove.

Floyd is a great fighter, but he craves love from fans. Well he avoided the toughest fights and he played the bad guy. What does he expect?

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Jan 2016, 3:11 am

catchweight wrote:Mayweather is the one who really reveals his own racism whenever he brings the topic up

And he himself is the reason people dislike like him, black, white or hispanic he'd be just as unpopular. Now he has retired nobody is really talking about him, hence this attack on McGregor. Love or loathe McGregor his mouth is for show and hyping himself and he's done a great job of it, a world champion and one of the highest earners in the UFC.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 10 Jan 2016, 5:46 am

Be surprised if any top professional boxer is jealous of anybody from a girlie sport like McGregor's....Rolling on the floor with guys and kicking people isn't my idea of a masculine sport..

But I'm old fashioned..

Think Stallone and Deniro's characters summed it up pretty well in Grudge match....

People do ask Oscar, Jones jr and Floyd their opinions you know...whether they are relevant or not...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Jan 2016, 6:56 am

[quote="TRUSSMAN66"]Be surprised if any top professional boxer is jealous of anybody from a girlie sport like McGregor's....Rolling on the floor with guys and kicking people isn't my idea of a masculine sport..

But I'm old fashioned..

Think Stallone and Deniro's characters summed it up pretty well in Grudge match....

People do ask Oscar, Jones jr and Floyd their opinions you know...whether they are relevant or not...[/quote]

I don't know about that Truss, whose the biggest name in boxing worldwide today? Compare their earnings, potential earnings & their media profile to McGregor's. The greatest prize in sport worldwide, as you yourself have said, the HW title. Tyson Fury or Connor McGregor, who is the bigger name, who is earning the most money and will go on to earn more money providing they keep winning? I'd say McGregor, rumours are that he could well be the first UFC fighter to earn 100 million, Fury aint going to do that.

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Sun 10 Jan 2016, 7:27 am

I'd dare say if fury keeps winning he could make north of 100 million! Klitscho rematch, wilder and joshua alone would, if he won, make him a fortune.

Although Mcgregor is the star of UFC and effectively has a licence to print money.(Providing he keeps winning of course).

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Jan 2016, 8:07 am

lfc91 wrote:I'd dare say if fury keeps winning he could make north of 100 million! Klitscho rematch, wilder and joshua alone would, if he won, make him a fortune.

Although Mcgregor is the star of UFC and effectively has a licence to print money.(Providing he keeps winning of course).

Not entirely convinced about that, slight wishful thinking on your part to be honest, outside of Germany & Ukraine nobody cares about Klitchko and Wilder is a nobody that holds a belt. Boxing just doesn't have the same marketing as the UFC for the obvious reasons, the UFC generates a lot of money, unfortunately they don't give it out to many. Dana White is going to make a shed load of money out of CM and also make CM a hell of a lot of money, providing he keeps winning. But to my earlier point in response to Truss whose actually talking about Tyson Fury? Floyd Mayweather? I think many top level boxers are jealous of the exposure that CM is getting or at the very least wish they were getting something near it. The whole of Ireland are behind him while most of the UK are still hating on Fury.

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Sun 10 Jan 2016, 10:15 am

Can't see Conor ever making himself floyd money though. He'll make the UFC floyd money, he just won't be getting it himself. Conor travels first class, floyd owns a jet.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Jan 2016, 10:36 am

Nah nobody is gonna be making Floyd money, in fact its going to be a hell of a long time til we get another Floyd Maywether.

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sun 10 Jan 2016, 10:41 am

I have never liked Floyd much anyway, and now he has pretty much nailed it.

Someone who has earned to so much money and the highest earning sportsman in America moans about being racially oppressed?, maybe his wife beating adventure did not do him any favours, or kicking his father and mentor out of his gym as if he was a bit of trash.

There is enough racial division in the world at the moment, particularly in America, and this idiot chips in to stir the pot?, people like him should be leading the way and setting examples.

I think this McGregor guy looks very good and as far as getting in his opponents head I have seen none better, genius... he is also way more genuine than Floyd and you feel your getting the real him when he is chilled..

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 10 Jan 2016, 10:52 am

McGregor is the complete package. I wouldnt generally follow mixed martial arts but McGregor would make me tune in. He can sell fights and then he delivers explosive performances to back it up. He knocks out nearly all his opponets. His last one he wiped out the generally considered best or second best fighter in the sport in under 20 seconds.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Jan 2016, 10:58 am

tunes666 wrote:I have never liked Floyd much anyway, and now he has pretty much nailed it.

Someone who has earned to so much money and the highest earning sportsman in America moans about being racially oppressed?, maybe his wife beating adventure did not do him any favours, or kicking his father and mentor out of his gym as if he was a bit of trash.

There is enough racial division in the world at the moment, particularly in America, and this idiot chips in to stir the pot?, people like him should be leading the way and setting examples.

I think this McGregor guy looks very good and as far as getting in his opponents head I have seen none better, genius... he is also way more genuine than Floyd and you feel your getting the real him when he is chilled..

Well bob Arum did offer him a 'slave' contract back in the day Wink

It is all for show with CM even if he does go way over the top with it to the verge of bad taste, outside of that he comes across as an ok guy. On the recent TUF series he was a very good coach and came across well, very honest.

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Sun 10 Jan 2016, 11:25 am

Wilder is an undefeated american heavyweight 'champion'. A fight against the british undefeated heavyweight champion of the world would undoubtedly do great numbers. Joshua after that again does big numbers. Wouldn't be surprised to see him make 25 million off those 3 fights.(Assuming he won them all).

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sun 10 Jan 2016, 11:30 am

sohotnot wrote:
tunes666 wrote:I have never liked Floyd much anyway, and now he has pretty much nailed it.

Well bob Arum did offer him a 'slave' contract back in the day Wink

It is all for show with CM even if he does go way over the top with it to the verge of bad taste, outside of that he comes across as an ok guy. On the recent TUF series he was a very good coach and came across well, very honest.

I have only just been checking him out, you also get the feeling because UFC is more brutal, you can get away with the ott stuff a bit more, and it also sometimes has an "American Wrestling" feel to it which helps it pass as more "entertainment", not the fighting of course but everything else. even the commentating.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sun 10 Jan 2016, 10:18 pm

Girly sport Truss?

McGregor would beat the sh1t out of any boxer in his weight class and he probably wouldn't need to grapple.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 10 Jan 2016, 10:23 pm

I'm old school....Rolling around hugging and kicking like girls is pathetic. .

What next pulling hair ?,

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Jan 2016, 10:24 pm

[quote="lfc91"]Wilder is an undefeated american heavyweight 'champion'. A fight against the british undefeated heavyweight champion of the world would undoubtedly do great numbers. Joshua after that again does big numbers. Wouldn't be surprised to see him make 25 million off those 3 fights.(Assuming he won them all).[/quote]

You would think so and I think would be a bigger fight than the wlad rematch, not sure how big vs Joshua would be outside of the UK.

The point of my original reply to Truss was that almost all elite level pro boxers would like the attention that McGregor is getting, McGregor is the biggest name in combat sports today. How recognisable worldwide are Wilder & Fury in comparison with McGregor? How many talk shows have they been on in the US? Whose really talking about them? The UFC have done a great job in marketing him, it would be great if boxing somehow could do something similar for the top fighters, getting boxing right back out there. I was not trying to turn this into boxing vs mma or how much or who is earning the most. Incidently McGregor earned over 7 million for the Aldo fight.

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sun 10 Jan 2016, 10:26 pm

McGregor doesn't roll around. He smashes folk.

Mayweather throwing a jab for 12 rounds and grabbing is girly.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Jan 2016, 10:28 pm

AdamT wrote:Girly sport Truss?

McGregor would beat the sh1t out of any boxer in his weight class and he probably wouldn't need to grapple.

Hahahaha what are we talking here, a street fight? On the cobbles Carl Froch Style? Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sun 10 Jan 2016, 10:29 pm

A striking match. No grappling. I back Conor haha

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Jan 2016, 10:35 pm

AdamT wrote:A striking match. No grappling. I back Conor haha

Where would you stage it, foyer at the MGM Las Vegas or back room at a Dublin boozer with Froch as ref reminding them of fighting in front of 80,000? Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sun 10 Jan 2016, 10:42 pm

I place it on the cobbles in Nottingham

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Jan 2016, 10:45 pm

Could be risky with Froch's brother around Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sun 10 Jan 2016, 10:47 pm

Lee and Carl are Nottingham's answer to the Krays ha

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 11 Jan 2016, 7:28 am

If Mcgregor was as good as people think he is standing up, simply put he'd be a boxer where the big money can be earned, instead he fights against guys who have no defence against a striker. In a boxing ring he wouldn't stand a chance against any half decent boxer.

His earnings are big for a UFC fighter but pale in comparison to Alvarez, Fury, Klitschko and a host of others, he's a big name but not as big as perceived.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Mon 11 Jan 2016, 7:42 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I'm old school....Rolling around hugging and kicking like girls is pathetic. .

What next pulling hair ?,

No hugging? Have you watched a boxing match recently? Mayweather did it every fight, Klitschko and Fury hugged more than they hit each other

In MMA its known as grappling, its a skill and while everyone can grapple it takes a lot of training to learn how to do it well and the dangers it poses if you do it wrong. Maybe if you took the time to watch MMA rather than being ignorant and caveman like regarding what is a very skillful and complex sport

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 11 Jan 2016, 7:45 am

In fairness Truss is right, UFC is on the whole a load of old crap, whether it's a skill or not doesn't change a lot of fights involving a lot of rolling around on the floor.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Mon 11 Jan 2016, 7:47 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:If Mcgregor was as good as people think he is standing up, simply put he'd be a boxer where the big money can be earned, instead he fights against guys who have no defence against a striker. In a boxing ring he wouldn't stand a chance against any half decent boxer.

His earnings are big for a UFC fighter but pale in comparison to Alvarez, Fury, Klitschko and a host of others, he's a big name but not as big as perceived.

McGregor is a mixed martial artist because thats what he wants to be, he started out boxing but fell in love with muay thai and then MMA. Earnings don't decide if you are a big name, attention and media interest etc do. His earnings are restricted because of how the UFC is set up but he is breaking all sorts of records in the UFC and is taken the sport to a wider audience as is Ronda Rousey

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Mon 11 Jan 2016, 7:49 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:In fairness Truss is right, UFC is on the whole a load of old crap, whether it's a skill or not doesn't change a lot of fights involving a lot of rolling around on the floor.

Thats your opinion mine is that its entertaining but how many fights have you actually watched?

Boxing now involves plenty of hype, very little action, a lot of hugging with no intent and plenty of dodgy decisions

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 11 Jan 2016, 7:52 am

I have watched an awful lot of UFC and your opinion of boxing seems to be based on a very small sample (Klitschko and Fury), there have been dodgy decisions in UFC from the start so it's no different in that regard.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Mon 11 Jan 2016, 8:07 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:I have watched an awful lot of UFC and your opinion of boxing seems to be based on a very small sample (Klitschko and Fury), there have been dodgy decisions in UFC from the start so it's no different in that regard.

A small sample? I watch plenty of boxing and the higher you go the more they want to hold on, the fear of losing and reliance on undefeated records is killing the sport

The dodgy decisions in UFC are usually down to differing interpretation of the criteria and the first to say it is usually Dana White

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 11 Jan 2016, 8:13 am

I would wager you don't watch much boxing at all going by your insistence there is so much holding when there really is not, almost as if the only fight you watched last year was Wlad against Fury.

All dodgy decisions can excused that way but it's a load of old crap, Dana White wants the money men/women to win.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Mon 11 Jan 2016, 8:19 am

You'd lose your money then as I probably watched more boxing than MMA in 2015, if you listened to Dana White you'd know he's complained about big names winning and decisions going their way. He wants entertaining fights and has let people go in spite of winning because their boring

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 11 Jan 2016, 8:31 am

Hammer nobody says McGregor is a top boxer. He is a top fighter. More to fighting than using your hands.

He would ko Floyd easily. Obviously not in boxing, but in a full striking match.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 11 Jan 2016, 8:31 am

Dana White can say what he wants to the public but you have to be an idiot to believe a single word he says, he wants the draws to win regardless of his false sense of sincerity. I doubt I would lose my money.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 11 Jan 2016, 8:32 am

AdamT wrote:Hammer nobody says McGregor is a top boxer. He is a top fighter. More to fighting than using your hands.

He would ko Floyd easily. Obviously not in boxing, but in a full striking match.

Frankly who gives a toss, there is a MMA board on here to discuss McGregor and the UFC, we don't need the boxing board polluted with this garbage.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 11 Jan 2016, 8:35 am

An honest question Hammer. Have you seen McGregor fight?

If so, are you not impressed/entertained?

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 11 Jan 2016, 8:37 am

No I wasn't impressed in the slightest, seeing him knock out smaller men with no strike defence is not my cup of tea, UFC has been a joke for a number of years now.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 11 Jan 2016, 8:41 am

Well he is currently the biggest star in combat sports. So I guess most are entertained.

I would guess you're in the minority.

How is UFC a joke? I thought they have started to do well recently.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 11 Jan 2016, 8:43 am

Like I said there is a MMA board to discuss this crap, this board is for a proper combat sport so bugger off there and discuss this. Alvarez also refutes your claim, as do Wlad, Fury, Pacquiao, Cotto, GGG and others.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 11 Jan 2016, 8:45 am

It is my thread I can discuss what I want. Why are you so mad?

How is GGG and Canelo bigger stars. What's their ppv numbers? I will allow you Pacquiao, even though he probably can't draw flies anymore without Floyd.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 11 Jan 2016, 8:58 am

Hell hath no fury like a Mayweather fan scorned

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Mon 11 Jan 2016, 10:00 am

Not sure why anyone would discuss anything with AdamT. Most immature poster going

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Jan 2016, 10:11 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:If Mcgregor was as good as people think he is standing up, simply put he'd be a boxer where the big money can be earned, instead he fights against guys who have no defence against a striker. In a boxing ring he wouldn't stand a chance against any half decent boxer.

Adam T aside I don't think anybody seriously thinks that CM is a better boxer than Mayweather or any other world class boxer, although had he chosen boxing as his career I have no doubt that he would be a contender at world level. Like wise the top boxers had they gone down an mma route would be contenders at world level.

His earnings are now on par or higher than the aforementioned fighters and way higher than most other world champions, he earned over 7 million for the Aldo fight. How much did the aforementioned get for their last fights? Deontay Wilder I think got around 1.5 million. At the moment he is probably the biggest & most recognizable combat sportsman in the world. Do you seriously think that Fury & GGG are bigger & more recognized worldwide?

With regards to your comments on he is fighting guys who have no defence against a striker is nonsense, his biggest win is against a kick boxer, maybe its because he has good striking, timing, accuracy, power & speeed. Maybe Mayweather only beat guys with no defence against a high level boxer.

I do agree with you that there are as many bad decisions in mma as in boxing and that Dana wants to reward his big draw fighters whilst disregarding lesser draw guys that keep winning but don't entertain. CM is a cash cow for the UFC at the moment and they are doing a great job at marketing him and paying him well. Can we really honestly say the same about boxing & GGG?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next