The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McGregor making a fool out of Floyd!

+10
marty2086
Hammersmith harrier
tunes666
jimdig
lfc91
TRUSSMAN66
catchweight
BoxingFan88
hazharrison
AdamT
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

McGregor making a fool out of Floyd! - Page 2 Empty McGregor making a fool out of Floyd!

Post by AdamT Wed 06 Jan 2016, 9:43 am

First topic message reminder :

Dear Mr.Mayweather,

I read the other day that you think racism still exists because I talk Poopie and am loved but when you did it you were hated…would you like a pad or a tampon? The difference between you and me buddy is that I’m IRISH and you are not. When I fight men,women,children,cats and dogs stop for my fights. Forget using skin colour as an excuse!!
Also the reason why I am loved is because I have never stepped down to a fight…I am not a man who picks and chooses his fights out of fear. You ruined your legacy to a certain degree because you didn’t have the balls to fight Manny for years…excuse after excuse is what the fans kept hearing from you and now your angry your not loved? Who was the man you fought after Manny?? I don’t think a lot of people out there know because it was one of the worst pay per view ratings of all time. Just remember this…you can have all the money and power in the world and drive all the fastest cars but like I said before precision beats power and timing beats speed

AdamT

Back to top Go down

McGregor making a fool out of Floyd! - Page 2 Empty Re: McGregor making a fool out of Floyd!

Post by Guest Sun 10 Jan 2016, 11:18 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Like I said there is a MMA board to discuss this crap, this board is for a proper combat sport so bugger off there and discuss this. Alvarez also refutes your claim, as do Wlad, Fury, Pacquiao, Cotto, GGG and others.

Interestingly the original post had very little to do with discussing mma, it was the mma haters that got on the defensive about the mere possibility that for the time being somebody from the UFC was earning on par or dare I say it more than a boxing world champion and was getting as much if not more publicity at the moment. Whats the problem with that? How does this effect your life? You do realize that David Beckham is a bigger name & more recognizable than the 5 boxers you've mentioned? You do realize that Bill Gates earns more than all of them put together, CM included? Does it take anything from boxing? NO.

Back to top Go down

McGregor making a fool out of Floyd! - Page 2 Empty Re: McGregor making a fool out of Floyd!

Post by AdamT Mon 11 Jan 2016, 10:12 am

Conor McGregor is also a bigger name than anyone he mentioned, other than Pacquiao.

The article was to discuss what McGregor thought of Floyd. I'm a fan of boxing, but I do like certain UFC fighters. I have watched all of Conor's fights and I think he is an amazing and exciting fighter to watch.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 11 Jan 2016, 10:14 am

Lance wrote:Not sure why anyone would discuss anything with AdamT. Most immature poster going

Check my last few posts and tell me have I stirred anything, you wee rat!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue 12 Jan 2016, 11:41 am

sohotnot wrote:
Adam T aside I don't think anybody seriously thinks that CM is a better boxer than Mayweather or any other world class boxer, although had he chosen boxing as his career I have no doubt that he would be a contender at world level. Like wise the top boxers had they gone down an mma route would be contenders at world level.

That's not true, if they developed their skill set maybe but even McGregor struggles at times with guys who can grapple. Many good strikers in MMA are nullified by a poor takedown defence

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Jan 2016, 10:59 pm

marty2086 wrote:
sohotnot wrote:
Adam T aside I don't think anybody seriously thinks that CM is a better boxer than Mayweather or any other world class boxer, although had he chosen boxing as his career I have no doubt that he would be a contender at world level. Like wise the top boxers had they gone down an mma route would be contenders at world level.

That's not true, if they developed their skill set maybe but even McGregor struggles at times with guys who can grapple. Many good strikers in MMA are nullified by a poor takedown defence  

Obviously! That was my point, had they taken up mma as opposed to boxing. You tend to find that many elite level athletes could have excelled in another sport had they chosen it.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 13 Jan 2016, 10:12 am

Didn't the two Neville brothers have about 3 or 4 sports between them that they could reputedly have turned pro in?

Think Matt Dawson also.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 13 Jan 2016, 10:40 am

It is fairly common to see guys that are talented at a number of sports.

I know the Neville brothers were promising cricket players. Apparently Roy Keane had talent as a young boxer.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 13 Jan 2016, 10:56 am

Think Matt Dawson chose rugby over tennis or cricket.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed 13 Jan 2016, 11:57 am

sohotnot wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
sohotnot wrote:

Obviously! That was my point, had they taken up mma as opposed to boxing. You tend to find that many elite level athletes could have excelled in another sport had they chosen it.

I think the point being made though was that McGregors current skill set would allow him to be a decent boxer

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 13 Jan 2016, 12:01 pm

McGregor has a great chin and fantastic reach. He also has good timing, at least as far as boxing in mma goes.

Obviously there are a lot more attributes, to be a great boxer, but I think he would be very good. Probably not a world champ or anything, but he would do ok.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 13 Jan 2016, 12:11 pm

HH showed what a difference genuine boxing skills/fundamentals can make versus an MMA fighter.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 13 Jan 2016, 12:13 pm

Yeah she did. To be fair, I think Rousey's own arrogance blinded her. She thought she could go and beat Holm at her own game. Boxers have fantastic movement and great judge of distance. I believe Top Karate fighters have this as well. Machida was always very elusive and had great movement.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 13 Jan 2016, 12:23 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Didn't the two Neville brothers have about 3 or 4 sports between them that they could reputedly have turned pro in?

Think Matt Dawson also.

Both were decent, believe Phil was almost certainly good enough to have made it in cricket. The rumour is, and you never know how much these things are apocryphal but Flintoff is meant to have said he was happy the day Phil chose football as he could finally call himself the best young all rounder in the Lancashire leagues.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 13 Jan 2016, 12:41 pm

Rowley wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:Didn't the two Neville brothers have about 3 or 4 sports between them that they could reputedly have turned pro in?

Think Matt Dawson also.

Both were decent, believe Phil was almost certainly good enough to have made it in cricket. The rumour is, and you never know how much these things are apocryphal but Flintoff is meant to have said he was happy the day Phil chose football as he could finally call himself the best young all rounder in the Lancashire leagues.  

AB de Villiers. Now here is a chap who is multi-talented.

Just check this out:

http://www.mid-day.com/articles/ab-de-villiers-is-a-hockey-football-rugby-tennis-and-badminton-champ/15286163

Just behind Coxy in the worlds greatest all round sportsmen.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed 13 Jan 2016, 12:51 pm

AdamT wrote:McGregor has a great chin and fantastic reach. He also has good timing, at least as far as boxing in mma goes.

Obviously there are a lot more attributes, to be a great boxer, but I think he would be very good. Probably not a world champ or anything, but he would do ok.

His movement is also exceptional but in MMA you tend to see fighters be a bit more loose with their hands in terms of protection so maybe more punches land than would against a pure boxer

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Jan 2016, 1:03 pm

marty2086 wrote:
sohotnot wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
sohotnot wrote:

I think the point being made though was that McGregors current skill set would allow him to be a decent boxer

Hahaha that was also my point. From what we have seen from McGregor in his movement, speed, timing and power, no doubt had he trained purely as a boxer he would be a contender at world level.

I think Hatton had a chance to turn pro as a footballer and from what I saw later in his career would have made a good darts player! Certainly spent a lot of time in the right enviroment Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 14 Jan 2016, 2:29 pm

Conor McGregor moves to lightweight and takes on the champion in his first fight. No fear from mystic Mac. A few boxers could learn a thing or two from him

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jan 2016, 3:34 pm

Well that was the general idea wasn't it added to which it's the biggest fight for either fighter and quite possibly for the UFC.

Isn't it time to move over to the mma board for future posts on Connor McGregor?

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 14 Jan 2016, 3:37 pm

I will take it to another board no problem.

By the way, his name is Conor, not Connor.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jan 2016, 3:40 pm

Dam predictive text!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jan 2016, 9:19 pm

Btw wasn't getting personal about it just that a lot get annoyed if they see mma stuff posted here added to that we could with more people posting over there we are in single figures!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2