The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brook to face mandatory Kevin Bizier

+3
Baby faced assassin
neilodonnell
EX7EY
7 posters

Go down

Brook to face mandatory Kevin Bizier Empty Brook to face mandatory Kevin Bizier

Post by EX7EY Tue 12 Jan 2016 - 12:03

Brook will face Bizier who has two defeats in his record to....Jo Jo Dan.

Boxing is a joke sometimes.

EX7EY

Back to top Go down

Brook to face mandatory Kevin Bizier Empty Re: Brook to face mandatory Kevin Bizier

Post by neilodonnell Tue 12 Jan 2016 - 12:16

It is his mandatory, so can't do much about it.

neilodonnell

Back to top Go down

Brook to face mandatory Kevin Bizier Empty Re: Brook to face mandatory Kevin Bizier

Post by EX7EY Tue 12 Jan 2016 - 12:19

Not the point neil. Since winning the title he's fought a load of no marks, joke champion and another joke fight

EX7EY

Back to top Go down

Post by neilodonnell Tue 12 Jan 2016 - 12:22

I guess if he follows this with Khan or another decent fighter, he can redeem himself slightly?

neilodonnell

Back to top Go down

Post by EX7EY Tue 12 Jan 2016 - 12:26

Not for me I'm afraid. The length of time between fights in boxing is bad enough most of the time. You wait for these so called champs to announce their next opponents and they end up being non contests. HE's lost me Im afraid, who will remember Kell Brook in ten years? Nobody.

EX7EY

Back to top Go down

Post by neilodonnell Tue 12 Jan 2016 - 12:28

He still has time to build a legacy but admittedly he's running OUT of time.

neilodonnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Jan 2016 - 12:31

Given the mooted fights with Bradley and Khan seem no closer I struggle to see why Brook himself gets it in the neck. He's asked who he'd like to fight, he says whoever he says, the fans argue about it, his promoter tries to get the fights made and then Bradley fights Manny and Khan still sits cap in hand waiting for another big pay day cripplingly unaware that there's one right next to him, but still Kell Brook gets denigrated.

He's unlikely to vacate his title is he so he takes a mandatory whilst Khan gets his act together.

Back to top Go down

Post by Baby faced assassin Tue 12 Jan 2016 - 12:59

Poor excuse can't chase 2 fighters in one of the most stacked divisions in boxing

Brook Khan will be big here ofc, but if both or even one of these actually did anything with their careers it would do well overseas as well but no both have decided to waste there prime years imo

Blame Hearn all you like but Brook is a grown man, 29 isn't he, and has a voice he doesn't give a monkeys who he fights as long as he gets khan

Brook khan is a fight that should get my pulses racing but just doesn't
Baby faced assassin
Baby faced assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue 12 Jan 2016 - 13:07

To be fair, Jo Jo Dan suited Brook at the time as he was coming back from a horrific stabbing. He wasn't sure whether his leg would still hold up for him. The Gavin fight was a decision made by Hearn (with the promise they'd try and land a bigger name in the autumn).

They then line up Brandon Rios only for that to fall through due to an argument over a rematch clause (leaving them with Diego Chaves instead). Brook then pulls up injured again - meaning he's back in mandatory territory.

If fighters chase the alphabets, they end up in poor fights. That's down to the alphabets. If fighters like Brook ditch the belt, they're then left without a bargaining chip. Catch 22.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 12 Jan 2016 - 13:30

Unless of course a champion goes down the alphabet route and GGG is fighting at the same weight..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue 12 Jan 2016 - 14:10

Brook would get any big fight out there but he can't sell in the states so he has to host an opponent and the big names would not bother coming over here to face Brook for chump change.

Saying that I am certain Porter would jump at the chance for a rematch.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue 12 Jan 2016 - 14:16

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Unless of course a champion goes down the alphabet route and GGG is fighting at the same weight..

Namely?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Tue 12 Jan 2016 - 18:17

There is a whiff of unambition off Brooks record. One top name in a decade of fighting in one of the most ripe divisions? They turned down a title fight against Bradley a few years back and were content to go down a never-ending series of eliminator route. I thought after he beat Porter they might kick on with some good fights but its been the opposite. I have a feeling that Matchroom have targetted a Khan fight for the money and outside of that they are happy to take on these junk matches. Especially as the British public seem happy enough to buy into anything with Skys promotional backing. Getting in good opponents and dealing with other big promoters cost money. These cheapos cost very little and to be honest the general public dont really seem to be fussy.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down