The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eubank vs Blackwell

5 posters

Go down

Eubank vs Blackwell Empty Eubank vs Blackwell

Post by Herman Jaeger Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:13 pm

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IyLBSb_ssEM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B2U1JLbQ4ko

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QMw3cFeqhCY

Can't wait for this one !

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Eubank vs Blackwell Empty Re: Eubank vs Blackwell

Post by RanjitPatel Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:29 pm

What channel is this on?

It'll be a cracking fight. Totally forgot this was happening. Don't know if that's down to the lack of build up or me.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:37 pm

Yeah Ch 5 , I really enjoyed Blackwell's last fight, that was on Ch 5 too. He's a very tough kid Blackwell and he never stops coming forward and throwing.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:02 pm

I like both fighters. Generally both give value for money. Tough one to call too.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:29 pm

I think Blackwell's made for Eubank. He tends to start slow and can be outboxed (as we saw against Arnfield and Jones). As much as I like his grit and, taking into account the improvements he's made under Lockett, I still see Eubank winning a one-sided fight.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:19 am

I think Eubank wins it, but he can become far too gung-ho and I reckon because he is on the cusp of a world title and has decided to step back to face a British champion instead, I get a feeling that he may underestimate Blackwell a bit and think he's a level above. Against Spike he was pure offense and was very exciting. But, he oversteps it at times and just stands in the pocket instead of sliding out, he waits for a receipt. Far too often. That being said although Blackwell hits harder than his resume suggests I don't think it's enough to crack Eubank. Fancy Eubank to take him out late as I think Blackwell is just a tad bit too hittable. Good fight and will be fun.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:46 pm

I can easily believe that negotiating fights with the Eubank family would be an absolute nightmare, but he does bring entertainment. He's not as good as he thinks he is but I really enjoy watching him fight and I think he's got a bit too much for Blackwell and will stop him on his feet late. He'd lose handily but I'd pay to watch him in with GGG and a BJS rematch would be great.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:28 pm

I think being around good fighters is making Blackwell a better fighter and while stopping short of predicting an upset, I'm confident the amiable West Wiltshire man is going to give a very good account of himself. Mick Hennessy believes he's the best middleweight in Europe and will win a world title regardless of what happens here.

Anything can happen in boxing but barring an early knockout either way, I think this could turn into something of a classic war of attrition, a real old-fashioned British title fight.

I think Blackwell maybe physically the toughest opponent Eubank has faced to date and if Junior can put him away it would be impressive. Blackwell's fearless, relentless, got a great engine, high work rate, and always comes on strong in the second half of a fight.

Like Eubank, he's very strong and well-conditioned, something of a fitness freak, really really dogged and determined and has the heart of a lion and he definitely believes he can win this. Just if , what if hes's still there in the eighth and walking through Junior's shots? What's not to like about this fight !

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down