The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6N 2016: England v Wales, 12 March

+55
profitius
Jimpy
samuraidragon
funnyExiledScot
GavCanDance
fa0019
gregortree
rainbow-warrior
Allty
True Raven
Hoonercat
HammerofThunor
Poorfour
WELL-PAST-IT
Cyril
Gwlad
exile jack
Geordie
lostinwales
TightHEAD
sad_gimp
TJ
maestegmafia
SecretFly
Breadvan
2ndtimeround
mikey_dragon
kingjohn7
BamBam
formerly known as Sam
yappysnap
VinceWLB
Luckless Pedestrian
RuggerRadge2611
robbo277
thomh
No 7&1/2
offload
Shifty
englandglory4ever
kingelderfield
nathan
nobbled
eirebilly
majesticimperialman
bedfordwelsh
RubyGuby
Exiledinborders
Sgt_Pooly
Rugby Fan
Heaf
doctor_grey
Hammersmith harrier
RiscaGame
glamorganalun
59 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

6N 2016: England v Wales, 12 March Empty 6N 2016: England v Wales, 12 March

Post by glamorganalun Sat 12 Mar 2016, 11:37 pm

Seagultaf wrote:
True Raven wrote:Also the decision where foxy got tackled and the ball squirted out to north who had a run in.  To me it looked like an England defender knocked it backwards out of foxys grasp.  It mirrored the Liam Williams tackle in mike brown where he went to the tmo to see if it was a knock on or not.  Why not check both incidents though?

And north from the photos clearly got the ball away before he was out

That's what I Thought also. Not sure who caught the ball when North flicked it in field but he looked clean through on the try line. Very big descision!

Rees Webb!

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

6N 2016: England v Wales, 12 March Empty Re: 6N 2016: England v Wales, 12 March

Post by RiscaGame Sat 12 Mar 2016, 11:37 pm

Rhys

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 12 Mar 2016, 11:42 pm

glamorganalun wrote:I looked at the Norrth in touch call, I thought he got it away before going into touch, watching it again he did get it away. This is poor by the line judge, why not play on and if there is a score go back with the video replay, the ball was taken by Webb heading towards try the line.

England deserved the win and good luck to them in the next game.

He thought he was in touch so made the call, you can't let things go just in case something might subsequently happen.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 12 Mar 2016, 11:56 pm

Was certainly a weird game. England had all the possession and territory, but only one try. That can come back to haunt, and almost did. Give Wales a sniff and all the mostly good work can come undone.
Was England over-confident in the second half or were they tired?

The Wales comeback was class, but I thought the match should not have been that close considering the amount of good work England had done.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sat 12 Mar 2016, 11:57 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:
glamorganalun wrote:I looked at the Norrth in touch call, I thought he got it away before going into touch, watching it again he did get it away. This is poor by the line judge, why not play on and if there is a score go back with the video replay, the ball was taken by Webb heading towards try the line.

England deserved the win and good luck to them in the next game.

He thought he was in touch so made the call, you can't let things go just in case something might subsequently happen.

Fact of the matter he was wrong.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 13 Mar 2016, 12:00 am

He was wrong not sending off Francis too.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Sun 13 Mar 2016, 12:05 am

RiscaGame wrote:I don't think Francis' card should mean overruling Cole's (if Francis did get one). A card offence shouldn't be rescinded, so Cole still had to go if he did commit an offence as well.
A while back London Irish had a penalty try they scored wiped out and a yellow card against the opposing team rescinded after the TMO pointed out a red card offence so I think Cole should have come back.

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Sun 13 Mar 2016, 1:06 am

A word from down under.

https://twitter.com/SamBurgess8/status/708756923642810368

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 13 Mar 2016, 4:31 am

Where are all the Welsh wums??? It's gone awfully quiet on here.

Score and final 15mins flattered Wales (it was a fantastic final 15mins though). England showed control and intelligence in their play for the most part. Ford yet again, proves to be a liability. Youngs passing was awful, if we had the Welsh halfbacks we'd have won at a canter....

Pack on top for the majority of the game which is really satisfying. Breakdown, scrum and line out to England by a distance.

Great game to watch for 65mins then squeaky bum time for the last 15.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Sun 13 Mar 2016, 4:52 am

I'd like to take responsibility for the Welsh fight back. I first switched on the TV coverage of the match at the exact moment Dan Biggar charged down Ford's clearance kick and then scored.

I should have taken that as a bad omen, and immediately turned off, but I stayed with the coverage, and so witnessed a mini-English meltdown. It's all my fault.

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Exiledinborders Sun 13 Mar 2016, 6:47 am

GeordieFalcon wrote:
Wales
Why don't you ditch Gatland ball and play like the last ten minutes?  
Because prior to that England had fifteen players.

Exiledinborders

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Sun 13 Mar 2016, 7:19 am

To the victors the spoils and deservedly so on an assertive and intense 1st half where Wales just couldn't cope with the pressure. Hopefully the men in red will now tweak things and learn that you have to go and win games and not expect to play passively and win. Take a leaf out of England's book from the off. Exciting times ahead for both teams as this England team will hopefully raise the bar for Wales and the like to develop their own games to another level thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun 13 Mar 2016, 8:00 am

RubyGuby wrote:To the victors the spoils and deservedly so on an assertive and intense 1st half where Wales just couldn't cope with the pressure. Hopefully the men in red will now tweak things and learn that you have to go and win games and not expect to play passively and win. Take a leaf out of England's book from the off. Exciting times ahead for both teams as this England team will hopefully raise the bar for Wales and the like to develop their own games to another level thumbsup

Will we though? I don't think we will and the facts will be glossed over, even if we smash Italy next week it won't prove a lot as they are really struggling at the moment.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sun 13 Mar 2016, 8:31 am

Before  the game Shane Williams was saying that Wales have been here before and won, and 11 of the welsh team was part of the team that beat England in the rugby world cup. so Twickers hold no fear for Wales.

If you watch the first half Wales looked like the was affraid to come any where near an England player

Untill Biggars charge down and score INMO. Wales looked half asleep. and the try woke the team up.

It was a great fight back by Wales, and i actualy thought we was going too see a repeat of the RWC..

This is a great win for England and a deserved one at that.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 13 Mar 2016, 8:34 am

How did you English fans find Manu Tuilagi's performance when he came on and does he deserve to start against France? If he does, will Farrell be the best option at 12 for him?
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Sun 13 Mar 2016, 8:50 am

eirebilly wrote:How did you English fans find Manu Tuilagi's performance when he came on and does he deserve to start against France? If he does, will Farrell be the best option at 12 for him?

Personally I don't want him back yet. SCW was saying that losing the second play maker may have been what caused England to lose shape in the last 20.

Manu looked ok. Made some tackles but didn't make an impact. (A brief impact on George North but not the game).
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sun 13 Mar 2016, 8:50 am

eirebilly wrote:How did you English fans find Manu Tuilagi's performance when he came on and does he deserve to start against France? If he does, will Farrell be the best option at 12 for him?

He did not do very good when he came on to be honest.

Does he deserve to start against France? NO i don't think he should

EDDIE Jones even said he brought the players on just too see what they could do. and it was a mistake.

I personly think that he should go back to leciester and get more games under his belt.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 13 Mar 2016, 8:59 am

I must admit that I was not sure if North didn't release the ball before going into touch in the last minute. I have not seen the replays but it looked close from where I was watching.

It was one hell of a lineout at the end for England, under some massive pressure.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sun 13 Mar 2016, 9:00 am

Manu made a great tackle on north near the end, but was ok for the rest of his time on the pitch. Certainly shouldn't be starting next game but would like him on the bench - I don't meant that we have to use him.

I don't think he got much ball to do anything with as England's possession stats fell off a cliff.

Anyhooooo, I'm off to silverstone to run my first half marathon. Not sure why I got myself into this!

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by kingelderfield Sun 13 Mar 2016, 9:03 am

The 10/12 conundrum is still the crux of the issue. Is Tuilagi ready(to play 12 remember, not 13)? I say yes.

The issue is do you go with Ford or Farrell? Given the vast differences in ability/strengths and weaknesses, and form, then I fully expect Farrell to start.

I would pick Ford.

Added to this if Youngs throws another one of his stupid dummy's instead of giving the pass then he should be hauled off immediately. How many times did he waste possession yesterday. We have to be more clinical.

Care, Ford, Nowells, Tuilagi, Joseph, Watson, Brown.

Though I would still find places for Cipriani, Wade and Slade (if fit).

Care, Cipriani, Wade, Tuilagi, Joseph, Watson, Slade.

kingelderfield

Back to top Go down

Post by englandglory4ever Sun 13 Mar 2016, 9:12 am

I guess Guppy will have to throw away all those pre-prepared jibes he was going throw our way. Of course they would have been appended with the usual Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo

Then followed with thumbsup

englandglory4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sun 13 Mar 2016, 9:13 am

majesticimperialman wrote:

EDDIE Jones even said he brought the players on just too see what they could do. and it was a mistake.

I personly think that he should go back to leciester and get more games under his belt.

Year on year Roberts gets the better of Tuilagi, generally when they meet he's on top, both have had their moments, but you generally feel Roberts comes out better over all. Roberts can match him for strength, but has a much better defensive brain, organises the Welsh defense, and is much calmer.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by englandglory4ever Sun 13 Mar 2016, 9:14 am

It was nice to set the record straight after the RWC. Just shows Wales were a bit flukey because even their A Team couldn't win yesterday.

englandglory4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Sun 13 Mar 2016, 9:14 am

When a team is capable of playing well, with flair, power and pace, but does not, the question mark should be drawn very large. Particularly when it becomes more the norm.

In my experience the problem is nearly always coaching and leadership. The whole Welsh set up has the look of an all too familiar comfortable malaise. A shake up is badly needed. Will the WRfU have the courage to act? I doubt it.

England played very well and more importantly look like a team that understands and agrees with the plan. There are a few new faces, but the core of the squad is the same - what has changed? Leadership and coaching. I predict England will do well for a few years to come.
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by englandglory4ever Sun 13 Mar 2016, 9:18 am

I agree. It must be clear to a blind man that England's selections, set piece, self-belief and game plan have all gone up a level. Nice to see them playing as if they are enjoying it (apart from the last 8 minutes). Eddie and his coaching team deserve a big slap on the back even if we do lose next week.

englandglory4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sun 13 Mar 2016, 9:21 am

eirebilly wrote:I must admit that I was not sure if North didn't release the ball before going into touch in the last minute. I have not seen the replays but it looked close from where I was watching.

It was one hell of a lineout at the end for England, under some massive pressure.

Very nice to see Cowan Dickie nail 2 lineouts (I think), there was some concern before as its the weakest part of his game.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by kingelderfield Sun 13 Mar 2016, 9:24 am

Shifty wrote:

Year on year Roberts gets the better of Tuilagi, generally when they meet he's on top, both have had their moments, but you generally feel Roberts comes out better over all.  Roberts can match him for strength, but has a much better defensive brain, organises the Welsh defense, and is much calmer.

Given you are Welsh, I find it surprising that you support England?

kingelderfield

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Sun 13 Mar 2016, 9:27 am

englandglory4ever wrote:It was nice to set the record straight after the RWC. Just shows Wales were a bit flukey because even their A Team couldn't win yesterday.

You can't set a record straight. It is what it is. England were poor at the WC and are much improved now. Wales were not that good six months ago and are no more consistent now. England are making progress - there is no evidence that Wales are.
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by thomh Sun 13 Mar 2016, 9:33 am

Shifty wrote:

Year on year Roberts gets the better of Tuilagi, generally when they meet he's on top, both have had their moments, but you generally feel Roberts comes out better over all.  Roberts can match him for strength, but has a much better defensive brain, organises the Welsh defense, and is much calmer.

They've only met a few times and Manu has been coming back from injury in pretty much all of them. Wouldn't read much into their match-ups given they haven't even been playing the same position usually.

thomh

Back to top Go down

Post by englandglory4ever Sun 13 Mar 2016, 9:37 am

Will the eye gouger get cited? The ref bottled it.

englandglory4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 Mar 2016, 9:39 am

englandglory4ever wrote:Will the eye gouger get cited? The ref bottled it.

Should do, looked bad to me.

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Sun 13 Mar 2016, 9:41 am

If Wales had have scored a converted try at the end, it would have been the World Cup score exactly and I think I would have given up rugby.

Glad England got the win, if you'd offered England by 4 at the start of the game I think anyone would have taken it. Championship pretty much secured now (pending France's result today) and Grand Slam to play for, it was a good result for England, even if the performance should have warranted a better scoreline.

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Sun 13 Mar 2016, 9:43 am

If I were Joubert I would have red carded that one. Any contact with the face or eyes has to be harshly penalised to deter it.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Sun 13 Mar 2016, 9:44 am

Shifty wrote:I feel sorry for Italy next week, those Welsh boys are going to get savaged and Italy's moral will be rock bottom for that trip to Cardiff.

Some of 'those Welsh boys' shouldn't play next week. Scott Baldwin has been poor all tournament and I don't know what Ken Owens has done to upset Gatland. Cuthbert - well, I don't need to say a thing, you all saw the match.

What would make me really angry, and what I can see happening, is Gatland saying 'same again', and give the same XV a chance to redeem themselves. What would we learn from that that we don't already know? There are players in the squad that have bided their time and seen the incumbents play poorly. Those players need to start next week.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Sun 13 Mar 2016, 9:45 am

Probably. I thought the TMO was the weak one and make a very clear recommendation to the ref. I don't know why just one camera angle is important when making the decision. Francis was reckless at best and will be banned.
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Sun 13 Mar 2016, 9:46 am

englandglory4ever wrote:It was nice to set the record straight after the RWC. Just shows Wales were a bit flukey because even their A Team couldn't win yesterday.

3 tries to 1.

You won through refereeing decisions.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 Mar 2016, 9:49 am

VinceWLB wrote:

3 tries to 1.

Woah, woah, woah. England won because they walloped us. They did not win because of refereeing decisions.

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Sun 13 Mar 2016, 9:50 am

VinceWLB wrote:

3 tries to 1.

You really are a numpty aren't you.
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 Mar 2016, 9:52 am

Vince is Scottish, I believe. Just to make that clear.

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Sun 13 Mar 2016, 9:54 am

Griff wrote:Vince is Scottish, I believe. Just to make that clear.

That Sir, is no excuse for being stupid. Very Happy
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by englandglory4ever Sun 13 Mar 2016, 9:56 am

VinceWLB wrote:

3 tries to 1.

Too little too late from Wales. If the ref had sent your eye-gouger off it would have been 14 v 14. So yes the ref did have a big impact.

englandglory4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 Mar 2016, 9:56 am

offload wrote:

Just didn't want this to escalate into 'Welsh are being sore losers', 'Welsh are not gracious' in defeat, etc. That's the way it usually goes with those sort of comments Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Sun 13 Mar 2016, 9:56 am

offload wrote:

Hmm what to say, mis-placed gloating gets deal with accordingly Wink

England won, but only just and were lucky Scott Williams wasn't playing!

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 Mar 2016, 9:57 am

englandglory4ever wrote:
VinceWLB wrote:

3 tries to 1.

Too little too late from Wales. If the ref had sent your eye-gouger off it would have been 14 v 14. So yes the ref did have a big impact.

Your eye gouger?! He's Scottish!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 13 Mar 2016, 9:59 am

offload wrote:

Probably.  I thought the TMO was the weak one and make a very clear recommendation to the ref.  I don't know why just one camera angle is important when making the decision.  Francis was reckless at best and will be banned.

I personally do not think that it was intentional but it will be classed as reckless easily and as such, should have received a yellow at least.

Marler also had a sneaky punch on Evans earlier in the match which was missed by the TMO whilst England were over the line, he could be in trouble as well if cited.

http://www.punditarena.com/rugby/adrumm/video-joe-marler-find-massive-trouble-punching-rob-evans/

Last edited by eirebilly on Sun 13 Mar 2016, 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Sun 13 Mar 2016, 10:00 am

VinceWLB wrote:
offload wrote:

Gloating?? I'm Welsh. That's two daft comments in a row from you.
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Sun 13 Mar 2016, 10:02 am

offload wrote:
VinceWLB wrote:
offload wrote:

Gloating??  I'm Welsh.  That's two daft comments in a row from you.  

My initial reply was to Englandglory4ever's post.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Sun 13 Mar 2016, 10:04 am

VinceWLB wrote:
offload wrote:
VinceWLB wrote:
offload wrote:

Gloating??  I'm Welsh.  That's two daft comments in a row from you.  

My initial reply was to Englandglory4ever's post.

Ok, apologies. I think I'll go fo a walk. kiss
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sun 13 Mar 2016, 10:34 am

VinceWLB wrote:

3 tries to 1.

Two idiot commentators together. Could you two just go make your own thread to talk rubbish

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by englandglory4ever Sun 13 Mar 2016, 10:41 am

Griff wrote:
englandglory4ever wrote:
VinceWLB wrote:

3 tries to 1.

Your eye gouger?! He's Scottish!!!

So what? I don't care if he's Chinese.

englandglory4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next