The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WrestleMania 32

+24
Gregers
RuggerRadge2611
Keiguers
kingraf
Good Golly I'm Olly
Adam D
Dr Gregory House MD
TheCultOfPersonality
marty2086
Nay
Unbeliever
Hero
GSC
kamikaze
JCmag82
Paul Mac 6CW
Marky
Fernando
Brilliant_yep
NickisBHAFC
JoshSansom
pbspurs68
Samo
Dolphin Ziggler
28 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

WrestleMania 32 - Page 3 Empty WrestleMania 32

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 28 Mar 2016, 1:25 pm

First topic message reminder :

Pre-Show:

Andre the Giant Memorial 20-man Battle Royale
The Usos vs The Dudley Boyz
Total Divas vs Team BAD and Blonde tag match. 5 on 5. Paige, Alicia, Brie, Natalya and EVA MARIE versus Emma, Naomi, Tamina, Summer Rae and Lana.

Main Show:

AJ Styles v Chris Jericho
Kalisto vs Ryback - US Title
Charlotte Flair vs Becky Lynch vs Sasha Banks - Divas Title
Kevin Owens vs Stardust vs Zack Ryder vs Sami Zayn vs The Miz vs Sin Cara vs Dolph Ziggler - Intercontinental Title Ladder Match
The New Day vs The League of Nations - 3v4 Handicap match (not for the tag team titles)
Dean Ambrose vs Brock Lesnar - Street Fight
The Undertaker vs Shane McMahon - Hell in a Cell. If Shane wins he gets control of Raw, and Undertaker will not be allowed to wrestle at Mania again.
HHH vs Roman Reigns - WWEWHC match

Last edited by Dolphin Ziggler on Tue 29 Mar 2016, 3:52 am; edited 3 times in total

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

WrestleMania 32 - Page 3 Empty Re: WrestleMania 32

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 04 Apr 2016, 6:12 pm

marty2086 wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:I dont think you can say Reigns didnt play the crowd. There isnt much he as a performer can do right now. Its a situation borne out of something different and he cant show anything that will get him cheered with that crowd, not being booked as he is anyway.

I actually think the little hints of showing he didnt want to be super happy Mr Babyface and pretend the crowd liked him suited him better. Id rather he was himself.

When he hit Steph he got a better reaction, he just plays it all too straight and clean cut he needs to be more aggressive and vicious. Its all well and good attacking HHH but when you see him in the ring do you see anything different from him than in any of his other matches? Do you believe hes mad as hell and wants to destroy HHH?

Last night I really don't think it mattered what he did. Minds were made up in that crowd. Anything good he does is down to WWE trying too hard for people to like him. If he dominates it's because LOLROMANWINS, he he gets dominated it's because he's the underdog and if it's level going it's WWE trying to book him like he's liked.

And there aren't too many "spear Stephanie" level spots he could pull off.

I'd prefer him more aggressive, I think Roman Reigns would too, but WWE don't and that's not getting lost on me

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 04 Apr 2016, 6:17 pm

If I was on the booking team two years ago and was told by Vince to make Reigns a babyface star then I'd simply have booked an extended Cena run with the title, have continued with the Shield as a threesome and working for the Authority, Reigns wins the Rumble and slowly starts to refuse to be the Authority's bitch as the title match approaches, come Mania he'd be loved for going against the Authority and also deposing the one other babyface that people love to hate.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Mon 04 Apr 2016, 6:18 pm

If you watch Reigns getting busted open again it was a screw up by Reigns, he botched protecting his face when it was being smashed on the announce desk.

A lot of the booking with Reigns just lacks logic, they stacked the odds against him at the Rumble because he wasn't their guy then handed him a shot to be No 1 contender. They needed to do it like they did with Benoit at WM20

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 04 Apr 2016, 6:51 pm

If you watch it again he opens a blood pack, so I don't think it was too botched!

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 04 Apr 2016, 6:52 pm

I will give them credit for booking that Mania when they lost so many names and couldn't get what they wanted from Rock and Sting

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 04 Apr 2016, 6:54 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
Kay Fabe wrote:Really? The fans have hated him for 10 years now for being Mr Stephanie, I thought he fully embraced his role to the max with Reigns, he didn't do anything much different than what he did with Daniel Bryan two years ago, the only difference for me was the fans fully bought into Bryan.

That apart, I think the only person who could've got Reigns over would've been Lesnar, with their match being interrupted last year it would have made more sense IMO for Lesnar to win the belt at The Rumble and carry it to Mania for Reigns again, they could have built on their match last year, I also think its a bit hard not to start sympathising and/or empathising with anyone Brock is battering around the ring.

The DX signs, the way he played to the crowd during the match, I thought he perfectly postioned himself to be the well-liked guy who went up against the forced choice. Didn't remind me of anti-Bryan HHH at all. Only man to get blood and bust him open when the crowd wanted to see him beat up in the build up too.

He brings out the DX when he wants to be liked because apart from when he got injured DX was the only time he had actual popularity. That's not true, they love the idea that he is behind all that they love in NXT, I didn't want that to be forgotten as he sold his injuries and flew to London to present Takeover.

He made the DX sign against Bryan, its apart of who he is, I don't look at that and think its a sign of wanting to be cheered, its always been a sign of defiance, even more so when its directed at an opponent instead of the crowd, its like Austin flipping the Bird

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 04 Apr 2016, 7:04 pm

Yeah, but its not heel. He shouldnt do it, especially if he is trying hard to get hated and the other person over. You go into the Rumble, you know people are anti-Roman, you get to eliminate him and then you go for the DX pop. Saying that, the idiot crowd cheered when he won even though he threw out Ambrose, so I dunno how anyone is meant to be on the pulse of modern wrestling fans.

But, I cant be too annoyed by it cos I dont think theres much he could have done. They have killed babyface Reigns by never highlighting what it was people liked about him in the first place. He needs to turn, or at least go into a loner tweener role. He doesnt need to be a part of the Authority to turn because the Authority need to die. He just needs to be aggressive, quiet and ruthless to everyone.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 04 Apr 2016, 7:24 pm

I loved Mania last night. Made zero sense long term but every match and segment was entertaining and while I know the main show went on for nearly 5 hours, I don't think there's anything you could have removed from the show to save time without weakening the quality of the show.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 04 Apr 2016, 8:24 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Yeah, but its not heel. He shouldnt do it, especially if he is trying hard to get hated and the other person over. You go into the Rumble, you know people are anti-Roman, you get to eliminate him and then you go for the DX pop. Saying that, the idiot crowd cheered when he won even though he threw out Ambrose, so I dunno how anyone is meant to be on the pulse of modern wrestling fans.

But, I cant be too annoyed by it cos I dont think theres much he could have done. They have killed babyface Reigns by never highlighting what it was people liked about him in the first place. He needs to turn, or at least go into a loner tweener role. He doesnt need to be a part of the Authority to turn because the Authority need to die. He just needs to be aggressive, quiet and ruthless to everyone.

While I agree with you that he needs to be a loner/tweener if he stays a face I just can't see the WWE going down that road with him, if History has told us anything then they'll likely ride the wave and just keep pushing him on the same path.

I can't connect with him, I've tried and I've looked at it from different points of view but there's something just not right for me, I don't know what it is, if its his look, his style or what, I think he's a made man, thats two WrestleMania Main Events on the spin but from a personal prespective I'm just struggling to see him as the man, I'm having the same issues with Ambrose as well though to be fair.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 04 Apr 2016, 8:34 pm

I dont think I see anyone as the man in that company, but I suppose thats based on wanting a fluid main event scene and poor booking.

I see Zayn as their purest babyface and massive potential, and I see Owens as their best heel who could also be their new Austin. If they followed the way NXT builds up the fighters rather than the personalities then Cesaro is main event. But then I still maintain that they could do a long-term story turning Stardust back to Cody Rhodes that could have the emotional impact that we havent seen in wrestling for years.

Theyve got some varied and supreme talent. I think there are legitimately 20 wrestlers on the main roster now that could have top level feuds.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon 04 Apr 2016, 8:35 pm

Decent matches with poor booking.

Ambrose vs Lesnar was a major disappointment. Womens match wasnt only the best WWE womens match in a very long time its certainly the best Womens match in Mania history by a huge distance, also my MOTN.

Loved that Corbin won the Battle Royal - shame it doesnt mean jack Poopie in the long run.

From an In Ring perspective, it was pretty close to last year, but some serious booking choices leave me feeling indifferent to it.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 04 Apr 2016, 8:46 pm

I seem to be the only person who didnt mind AJ losing. I guess New Day also only lost so that they could have the legends moment afterwards, and i'm happy WWE were smart enough to take the titles off the table.

However, I am expecting a title change in one division tonight. Just got feelings in my waters

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 04 Apr 2016, 9:27 pm

I suspect Ryder will lose tonight, I think that was purely for the advert. 
I wonder in what angle a certain new faction/tag team will be introduced and as to how many members it will have.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 04 Apr 2016, 10:28 pm

Its a shame, I like Ryder and feel he could be really good on TV more. The US title would suit him much more though.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 04 Apr 2016, 11:03 pm

Marky wrote:I loved Mania last night. Made zero sense long term but every match and segment was entertaining and while I know the main show went on for nearly 5 hours, I don't think there's anything you could have removed from the show to save time without weakening the quality of the show.

Its still real to me dam it Laugh

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 04 Apr 2016, 11:05 pm

I expect Ryder to lose tonight too, that win was definitely for the advert, shows exactly how highly regarded the belt is when they can hot shot it for such a trivial point.

Love the Womans title by the way, actually makes them look like genuine equals for a change, always hated the Diva gimmick

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 05 Apr 2016, 4:03 am

NickisBHAFC wrote:
Marky wrote:I loved Mania last night. Made zero sense long term but every match and segment was entertaining and while I know the main show went on for nearly 5 hours, I don't think there's anything you could have removed from the show to save time without weakening the quality of the show.

Its still real to me dam it Laugh

Why does having a good review make me think it's real?

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 05 Apr 2016, 3:35 pm

Tatanka's appearance was the highlight of the night. Was he the star they had to fly in specially for the night? I hope so.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 05 Apr 2016, 4:24 pm

Tatanka #BestInTheWorld Laugh

In a weird note every year for the last 4 years someone in the 2nd match of Wrestlemania has gone on to get a World Title Shot at the very next PPV.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 05 Apr 2016, 7:14 pm

Fernando wrote:Tatanka #BestInTheWorld Laugh

In a weird note every year for the last 4 years someone in the 2nd match of Wrestlemania has gone on to get a World Title Shot at the very next PPV.

Kinda like that weird run they had were whoever was runner up in the Royal Rumble ended up getting a title shot at Mania anyway.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Wed 06 Apr 2016, 1:17 am

Thought it sucked... like really sucked.

- Zack Ryder won the IC title to make sure that there was continuity in a Snickers advert. When WWE fail consistently to care about continuity in their broadcasting, but do to the extent of changing a planned ending for a match for an advertisement, this shows the priorities going on

- Styles/Jericho ending didn't make sense bar trying to keep Y2J looking strong and thinking that Styles will be able to brush off losses (as he is the new Y2J with added southern charm)

- 6 man tag match was predictable and really didn't have much that couldn't have been on a Raw as a six man tag

- Lesnar/Ambrose was AWFUL. Dean can only get on the attack when using foreign objects or a low blow, had no major kick outs and was comedic far too often. I think it has done nothing for him bar, in my opinion - based on the limited that I have seen him (WWE only), highlighted that he is a mid card guy at the moment

- Women's match was Match of the Night (ladder match close) with some great action, a good storyline and right conclusion imo... one thing I was going to say is that Sasha looked really different last night. Weight loss, make up or whatever, she barely looked herself?!

- Taker/Shane was fun in a "I don't actually want to consider this too deeply" kind of a way. The fact that Shane looked to use surprise counters worked well and fitted the backstory of his training. That he used bolt cutters on the cell was strange, why not have a plant door and have Taker ram him into the cage at speed to create surprise? Also... Shane O'(7 yrs retired)Mac kicked out of a Last Ride AND a chokeslam on a set of steel steps?! What the Frak. Seriously. That does not compute. Anyway, yeah, fine, WM33 for Taker then.

- ATGBR... fine, like Corbin winning even though everything I saw of him in NXT (little in the last six months) he was really limited. Not sure what to expect as I alway presumed he was just not great, would hang around in NXT, not make it to Raw and then get released. Now he has made it to Mania. Wow. Also, small detail, given that Corbin is a heel, why not have him remove Mark Henry last, in his home state?

- Rock/Wyatts... Rock put Bray over a bit and it was a surprise, granted. Bray still surrounded by two mounds of crap. Bray looks poor in comparison. Bray's promos still ramble, still pointless, still not interested, still feel bad because I know the character could be great, but isn't. Bray should move on from the Family and should find a real, actual, reason for attacking people. Or go tweener.

- Main event time! Woo! Meh. They couldn't not go that result. They had to stick with RR and stick with him as a face. That should change going forwards, but that arc had to complete successfully. The match was fine, it was a standard RR match, which is fine. He is OK, it is just that as a face his character is really dislikable. As a tweener or heel it works because he can be a douche, which is his natural way. He is basically the new Randy Orton, but even worse as a face.

So, yeah, 4/10? Women and ladders propping it up.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3