The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New article on girls boxing by me - The female of the species

2 posters

Go down

New article on girls boxing by me - The female of the species Empty New article on girls boxing by me - The female of the species

Post by Derbymanc Thu 07 Apr 2016, 1:19 pm

Step into the People’s gym and you’ll be greeted with the sight of a number of people partaking in training, take a closer look and in this male dominated area you’ll see a smattering of females partaking in the same training and becoming a part of the changing landscape of the sport.
This at first seemed a strange concept for me, I’d watched women’s boxing in the Olympics and of course most brit boxing fans know of Jane Couch but I’d never really thought of women and girls (in particular) actually jumping through the same hoops as the Men. This was more galling in hindsight as my daughter has been training since she was roughly 6 but I always looked at it as a fitness issue and that whilst she seems to have the skill it wouldn’t last, especially as at the time she was the only girl in the children’s class. Fast forward 2 ½ years down the line and the gym seems to be brimming with talent..........................................................

Cont at http://www.topclassboxing.co.uk/News/Articles/female_of_the_species.html?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=socialnetwork

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

New article on girls boxing by me - The female of the species Empty Re: New article on girls boxing by me - The female of the species

Post by WelshDevilRob Fri 08 Apr 2016, 3:50 am

Great read, Dennis. Very Happy

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down