The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Female boxing - Terminal decline ???

4 posters

Go down

Female boxing - Terminal decline ??? Empty Female boxing - Terminal decline ???

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 11 Jun 2011 - 10:23

Christy Martin lost the other week....In fairness she has carried the sport for the last 20 years. A blue collar fighter who fought under the banner "The coalminers daughter"...

Christy had great talent and was alright to look at...Charismatic too..

However the show is over for her and it makes me think it's over for the sport....

People don't care much and I can't see anybody caring about the Dakota Stone's etc.....

Guys like me hate seeing Women fight and there is a lot of us about..so with no characters in the game....

Do you think the decline in Female boxing is terminal or do you think it's just a phase??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Female boxing - Terminal decline ??? Empty Re: Female boxing - Terminal decline ???

Post by compelling and rich Sat 11 Jun 2011 - 11:49

dont think its ever taken off in the first place truss, i have no idea who your talking about and i follow boxing.

womens boxing is strange, if they want to do it then fine but as a spectater why would you want to watch somebody at a poorer standard than usual. same with other sports why watch arsenal ladies when you can watch barcelona?

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Female boxing - Terminal decline ??? Empty Re: Female boxing - Terminal decline ???

Post by Guest Sat 11 Jun 2011 - 11:53

Outside of Christy Martin, Laila Ali and Lucia Reijka there are no recognisable female boxers.

Hilary Swank in "Million Dollar Baby" or Lois Griffin in an episode of "Family Guy" is about as popluar as it will ever really be, but as I've said before, if that's how they want to make a living, that's entirely up to them.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 11 Jun 2011 - 20:04

Did get quite a bit of ink at one time...especially with Martin and Ali ruling but no more..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by WelshDevilRob Sat 11 Jun 2011 - 20:12

Martin was making a comeback and no longer the force she was. Intruth Female boxing has gotten alot stronger since martin's prime.

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 11 Jun 2011 - 20:21

Has it??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sat 11 Jun 2011 - 20:37

not a fan of female boxing to say the least

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 11 Jun 2011 - 20:45

and...you have said the least Smile

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down