The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surrey CCC 2016 summer discussion thread

+13
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Corporalhumblebucket
king_carlos
James100
thegooch7
kingdaveeagle
alfie
Jetty
SimonofSurrey
chichestersurryfan
JDizzle
jimbohammers
Strings Philander
17 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Surrey CCC 2016 summer discussion thread - Page 6 Empty Surrey CCC 2016 summer discussion thread

Post by king_carlos Fri 08 Apr 2016, 7:21 pm

First topic message reminder :

Club captain: Gareth Batty

First team squad for 2016 summer

Batsmen: Rory Burns, Arun Harinath, Dominic Sibley, Kumar Sangakarra (overseas), Aaron Finch (cover for Sangakarra during CPL)

Wicket-keepers: Ben Foakes, Gary Wilson, Steve Davies

All-rounders: Zafar Ansari, James Burke, Aneesh Kapil, Azhar Mahmood (British passport - T20 only), Dwayne Bravo (T20 only), Chris Morris (cover for Dwayne Bravo during CPl - T20 only)

Seamers: Tom Curran, Sam Curran, Jade Dernbach, Matt Dunn, Mark Footitt, Stuart Meaker, Connor McKerr (UK passport), Matthew Philans (UK Passport), Ravi Rampaul (Kolpak)

Spinners: Gareth Batty, Freddie van den Bergh

CC division 1 fixtures

Sunday April 10 - Nottinghamshire - Trent Bridge
Sunday April 24 - Somerset - The Oval
Sunday May 1 - Durham - The Oval
Sunday May 8 - Yorkshire - Headingley
Sunday May 15 - Middlesex - The Oval
Sunday May 22 - Lancashire - Old Trafford
Saturday May 28 - Somerset - The County Ground, Taunton
Sunday June 19 - Nottinghamshire - The Oval
Saturday July 2 - Warwickshire - Guildford CC
Monday July 11 - Yorkshire - The Oval
Sunday July 17 - Hampshire - The Ageas Bowl
Thursday August 4 - Middlesex - Lord's Cricket Ground
Saturday August 13 - Warwickshire - Edgbaston
Tuesday August 23 - Lancashire - The Oval
Tuesday September 6 - Hampshire - The Oval
Monday September 12 - Durham - Riverside Ground, Chester-le-Street

T20 Blast fixtures

Friday May 20 - Essex - Chelmsford
Thursday May 26 - Glamorgan - The Oval
Friday June 3 - Sussex - The County Cricket Ground, Hove
Thursday June 9 - Hampshire - The Oval
Friday June 10 - Somerset - The County Ground, Taunton
Friday June 17 - Middlesex - The Oval
Friday June 24 - Glamorgan - Sophia Gardens
Saturday June 25 - Essex - The Oval
Wednesday July 6 - Gloucestershire - Nevil Road
Friday July 8 - Somerset - The Oval
Friday July 15 - Kent - The Nevill Ground
Thursday July 21 - Middlesex - Lord's Cricket Ground
Friday July 22 - Sussex - The Oval
Friday July 29 - Kent - The Oval

Royal London One Day Cup Fixtures

Sunday June 5 - Kent - Beckenham, Worsley Bridge Road
Wednesday June 8 - Somerset - The Oval
Tuesday June 14 - Sussex - Guildford CC
Wednesday June 15 - Hampshire - The Ageas Bowl
Sunday July 24 - Essex - Chelmsford
Wednesday July 27 - Gloucestershire - The Oval
Monday August 1 - Glamorgan - The Oval
Tuesday August 2 - Middlesex - Lord's Cricket Ground

Departures from 2015: Tim Linley (RET), Vikram Solanki (RET - now 2nd XI captain), Kevin Pietersen (has announced he won't be playing county cricket in 2016), David Balcombe (RET)

Arrivals for 2016: Mark Footitt (Derbyshire), Conor McKerr (UK passport), Mathew Philans (UK passport), Ravi Rampaul (KPK), Aaron Finch (cover for Sangakarra during CPL), Dwayne Bravo (T20 only), Chris Morris (cover for Bravo during CPL - T20 only)

The other big news to report is of course the departure of former head coach Graham Ford to return to the Sri Lanka set-up as head coach with Michael Di Venuto, the long time Durham batsmen and more recently Australia batting coach, coming in as his replacement.

Director of Cricket: Alec Stewart
Head coach: Michael Di Venuto

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Surrey CCC 2016 summer discussion thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Surrey CCC 2016 summer discussion thread

Post by guildfordbat Tue 11 Apr 2017, 1:17 pm

Dunn pulls it back a bit as he ends the morning session with 1/49 off 7 overs. That was the only wicket to fall. Rampaul the most economic with 0/16 off 7. Virdi 0/11 off 3. Six bowlers used so far but not Freddie - sadly, his burgers seem cooked.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Surrey CCC 2016 summer discussion thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Surrey CCC 2016 summer discussion thread

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Wed 12 Apr 2017, 7:01 pm

Virdi takes 5 wickets for 6 runs for 2nd XI today as Sussex bowled out for 68.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Wed 12 Apr 2017, 8:06 pm

Burger Van's career is currently following a strikingly similar path to our once up and coming off spinner Simon King.

Early exposure followed by a long barren spell of first XI opportunities whilst getting reasonable but never ground breaking second XI returns. I believe Freddie has even captained the 2nd XI on occasion having become a stalwart in it, similar to King.

Sadly it seems that his lack of wicket taking threat is going to become a terminal issue for Burger Van as a pro.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 12 Apr 2017, 9:27 pm

king_carlos wrote:Burger Van's career is currently following a strikingly similar path to our once up and coming off spinner Simon King.

Early exposure followed by a long barren spell of first XI opportunities whilst getting reasonable but never ground breaking second XI returns. I believe Freddie has even captained the 2nd XI on occasion having become a stalwart in it, similar to King.

Sadly it seems that his lack of wicket taking threat is going to become a terminal issue for Burger Van as a pro.

That coupled with the emergence of Virdi as well has probably done for his Surrey career - would imagine he turns up at a minor county next year.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by James100 Thu 13 Apr 2017, 8:50 am

Virdi seems clearly the preferred back-up spinner now. In all of his time at the club, has Freddie ever played a County Championship game?

James100

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Thu 13 Apr 2017, 1:02 pm

There was a time a while back when Freddie was standout 2nd XI bowler - regularly taking the most wickets in an innings.  But he seems not to have progressed.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu 13 Apr 2017, 2:54 pm

Freddie very much looks as if he's going to be one of those sportsmen who never quite made it. He'll be 25 in June and, as James asked, has never played a CC match. Just the odd one day game for Surrey and a few first class matches either for Durham University or for Surrey against University sides.

On Saturday he was the waterboy at the Oval just as he was about 6 or 7 years ago when I first saw him. All rather sad.

I'm sure that Stewie and MDV would let him go on loan if the opportunity arose but with him having played such little cricket there's hardly likely to be any takers.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu 13 Apr 2017, 3:02 pm

Meanwhile, I'm thinking of going tomorrow.

Corporal - can you guarantee the weather and the trains? Smile

Barring any injuries or niggles we don't know about, I would expect the same squad and same team although must wait for JimBob's initial confirmation. Wink

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 13 Apr 2017, 3:47 pm

Smile

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 18 Apr 2017, 1:09 pm

Right folks - a Q to keep you going until the next game

I want your best Surrey century - and why.

For my worth (considering I have only supported for a year or two) the Sanga century against Northants last year in the one day cup has to be the best - given the situation and what he needed to do
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Tue 18 Apr 2017, 2:03 pm

I'll need to have more of think about 'best Surrey century' I remember.

A personal favourite that definitely springs to mind has to be Ali Brown scoring 268 against Glamorgan in the C&G trophy, 2002. A truly remarkable innings from a player who pushed how opening batsman could play in one day cricket at a time when English crickets thinking was a long way behind where it should have been in the shorter forms.

Ali Brown and James Benning both scoring centuries as openers when Surrey made a then (still?) world record 496 in a 50 over game during the Friends Provident Trophy against Gloucester, 2007.

Surrey have had some rocky times over the last 10 years for various reasons. In one day cricket, following the introduction of T20 there was some excitingly progressive and forward thinking cricket played by the brown caps though. Adam Hollioake of course often being to the to forefront of it.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue 18 Apr 2017, 6:11 pm

Although I've followed and supported Surrey for a long time, it's only in the last few years that I've been a member and a regular watcher.

Feel a bit awkward not nominating Ramps but didn't see that many tons from him and those that I did tend to merge in the memory and become hazy.

Stand outs for me that I saw are Rory Burns and Arun Harinath each scoring their maiden century and willing the other on whilst batting together in a CC match at the Oval against Middlesex in 2012. Those runs in the second innings enabled us to overcome a first innings deficit and narrowly defeat our neighbours.

A word as well for Jason Roy's 180 in a 2010 seconds match at Guildford against an Essex side including Tymal Mills, Ben Foakes and Mervyn Westfield. I really thought I was watching someone who was going to be very special.

Best of the lot though and also at Guildford was Kevin Pietersen on my birthday in July 2012. Lancs had batted long in their first innings in the hope of skittling us, enforcing the follow on and then winning by an innings. However, Pietersen soon brought such hopes crashing down first dig as he destroyed Lancs' attack, and Kerrigan in particular, with a brilliant destructive mix of power and precision. I think he had reached 234 when rain washed out the last day to guarantee the draw.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue 18 Apr 2017, 8:11 pm

92 today for the Pope as the second eleven made 231 all out away to Hants in a 3 day Championship game.

Hants were 85/5 in reply at close. Two more wickets for Virdi with one each for Meaker, Freddie and trialist Atkinson.

Dunn not playing, he didn't bowl second dig in the seconds' previous match which all makes me think he's injured again. All I can say it's not something blatantly obvious - saw him walking along the Harleyford Road on Friday evening without noticeable discomfort.

Dernbach not playing either. Being kept back for Friday?

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Wed 19 Apr 2017, 11:01 am

Sounds like a good innings by Pope yesterday on possibly not the easiest of pitches.  Batting line ups in these matches can sometimes be quite a hotch potch, with both Meaker (Surrey) and Crane (Hants) batting pretty much in the middle order.

To make good Guildford's omission Wink, my best Surrey century of those I've seen was Ramprakash scoring 191* on day 1 of the cc match against Notts at Whitgift in August 2003. He went on to finish on 279*.  He was relentless that day. Memory may play tricks but every over seemed the same - 5 studied, classic defensive shots and (somewhere in the over) a classic attacking shot with timing and placement not giving the fielders a chance.  A good first day's play with Surrey scoring 488- 8! (OK the ground was small) and they went on to reach 693.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 19 Apr 2017, 1:44 pm

Well done, Corporal! Ramps should certainly be in the mix and around the top of it.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Wed 19 Apr 2017, 2:28 pm

In the shoot out between Surrey spinners, 3 wickets each for Freddie and Virdi in Hants first innings - with Freddie having the more economical figures.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 19 Apr 2017, 6:35 pm

Corporalhumblebucket wrote:In the shoot out between Surrey spinners, 3 wickets each for Freddie and Virdi in Hants first innings - with Freddie having the more economical figures.

Yes although unfortunately for Freddie, he's got a fair bit of ground to make up.

Surrey folded quickly second dig to leave Hants needing 200 to win. The Pope again top scoring, this time with 47.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu 20 Apr 2017, 2:10 pm

Meaker hasn't bowled today in the seconds game at Southampton. Not sure if he's still there. On the bus to Brum?

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Tue 25 Apr 2017, 10:42 pm

Surrey 2nds well beaten by Middlesex in 50 over competition.  Olly Pope (again) top scored.  Meaker made a rapid half century near the end - but neither the bowling of Meaker nor batting of Harinath seems in particularly good form for 2nds at the moment.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Wed 26 Apr 2017, 11:35 am

Wow. Zafar Ansari retires from Cricket!

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 26 Apr 2017, 11:43 am

jimbohammers wrote:Wow. Zafar Ansari retires from Cricket!

Dear God no. Hold me Sad
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Wed 26 Apr 2017, 11:55 am

Looks like he's applying for law school

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/39720334
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Wed 26 Apr 2017, 11:58 am

Well, that is a big surprise.  Shocked  But perhaps only a 90% shock. He had been very clear in earlier interviews that cricket was not his whole life - and with his multiple talents it was very easy to believe that.  No doubt he could carve out a highly successful career in a number of different areas.

I imagine the extent of injuries in recent months, plus England call up not going to plan, and the start of this season for Surrey not really taking off may have decisively tipped the balance. He'll be a big loss to Surrey - not least I suspect as one of the best captains Surrey never had!

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 26 Apr 2017, 12:54 pm

Rumours here that he'll be playing his club cricket at Whyteleafe . . . . . . . .

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:49 pm

To be fair if Gareth Batty was being picked ahead of me, id retire too Wink

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonofSurrey Wed 26 Apr 2017, 4:37 pm

A terrible shockmade slightly more bearable by the shallowness of the idiotic comments here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/39720334

Those of us lucky enough to have seen him play, however, will remember fondly his great contributions in all forms of the game. All the best for the Legal Eagle career, Zaf, and thanks for all the memories.

SimonofSurrey

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 26 Apr 2017, 4:49 pm

Can see him going into politics in the future:)

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 26 Apr 2017, 5:23 pm

Corporalhumblebucket wrote:Well, that is a big surprise.  Shocked  But perhaps only a 90% shock. He had been very clear in earlier interviews that cricket was not his whole life - and with his multiple talents it was very easy to believe that.  No doubt he could carve out a highly successful career in a number of different areas.

I imagine the extent of injuries in recent months, plus England call up not going to plan, and the start of this season for Surrey not really taking off may have decisively tipped the balance. He'll be a big loss to Surrey - not least I suspect as one of the best captains Surrey never had!

Very much go with that. Particularly the captaincy aspect - Zafar's intelligence and calmness would have equipped him well for that role.

Disappointed by the timing but, without knowing all the background, will leave it at that.

I went to Surrey's AGM at the Oval last night. No hint then that this was to come.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 26 Apr 2017, 7:36 pm

guildfordbat wrote:
Corporalhumblebucket wrote:Well, that is a big surprise.  Shocked  But perhaps only a 90% shock. He had been very clear in earlier interviews that cricket was not his whole life - and with his multiple talents it was very easy to believe that.  No doubt he could carve out a highly successful career in a number of different areas.

Very much go with that. Particularly the captaincy aspect - Zafar's intelligence and calmness would have equipped him well for that role.

Disappointed by the timing but, without knowing all the background, will leave it at that.

I went to Surrey's AGM at the Oval last night. No hint then that this was to come.

Any good tidbits from the AGM?

Experiencing similar emotions as when Norwich let Grant Holt go over Zaf's retirement. Pure heartbreak. Rest easy #AnsariforEngland, it was a good run Sad
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 26 Apr 2017, 8:58 pm

Olly and all,

From the AGM:

* MDV at outset spoke briefly about the season so far. We have played ''some excellent cricket'' and ''some very average cricket''. We need to be ''more ruthless''. Praise for the Currans leading the attack but recognition that they are only 18 and 22 [I was pleased that Tom's youngish age was flagged - that's something I mentioned to Mr Dizzle recently - as it tends to get overlooked with so much emphasis on Sam's youth.] He wouldn't single out any team as a main rival and referred to Warks currently being bottom of the table but still having ''some bl**dy good players''. Surrey's team selection would be determined by the opposition and the conditions. For the Lancs game, we expected the wicket to take spin and picked the eleven accordingly; however, we were batting to see out the game over the last 2 days when our spinners would have been most effective. Praise as well for the lads from Durham and how they had fitted in. Obviously pleased with position in table but strongly emphasised ''you win nothing in April''.

* Tribute to Micky (dad of Alec for younger posters) Stewart who, amongst many roles at Surrey, has now been a member of the club for 70 years. The Members' Pavilion is now being renamed in his honour.

* Lot of talk about the new City tournament in 2020. Surrey certainly have concerns but have taken a ''pragmatic approach'' and voted in favour as it is ''inevitable'' that it will happen (the Minor County sides all get their own votes and they will vote in favour of anything with the amount of cash on offer). Still an awful lot to be sorted out and decided. Chairman and Chief Executive take the view that we will have more opportunity to influence ''if we are in the tent rather than out of it''.

* Surrey very strong financially and have had an excellent last year. Worries at to how the new 2020 will impact things though. Some members don't want the Oval ground used for the new 2020 tournament if it's a new City team playing there and not Surrey. Surrey management treading carefully as there's a fear the ECB could cease using the Oval as a Test match venue [I can understand that and it's certainly a difficult situation although imo we are open to accusations of having acted in a ''unprincipled way'' by acknowledging we've been ''pragmatic'' and supported going down a path we're far from happy with.]

* From Alec Stewart - Pillans (fractured finger, then a pulled hamstring) and Dunn (back) have been out injured but are now just about ok. I also told Stewie that I had enjoyed his contributions on Sky over the winter and then asked if Dominic Cork came over as irritating in person as he does on tv. Stewie replied, ''That's not a question - that's a statement. I've told Cork his name should be spelt without an ''r'' and with two ''c''s!''  Wink

All in all, nothing sensational (that came today with Zaf) but generally cautious satisfaction with how the team is doing, watchful concern about the new 2020 and pleasure about the recognition of Micky Stewart's contribution. Impressed as well by MDV - he's not so often seen by members as it's usually Stewie who fronts forums, etc.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Wed 26 Apr 2017, 9:54 pm

Thanks for the update, Guildford. Pleased to hear Micky Stewart has been honoured in this way.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 27 Apr 2017, 10:47 am

Cheers Guildford thumbsup

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 03 May 2017, 6:19 pm

Matt Dunn over his back injury and expected to play a 3 day game for the seconds next week. Even if fit and firing, it won't be easy for him to get a first team spot but it'll be good to have him well and in contention.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by James100 Thu 04 May 2017, 10:59 am

Wonder whether Dunn might be best served by a spell on loan to a Div 2 county to get some first-team play.A very talented player but hard to see him getting back into the side with the amount of seam bowling options we have.

James100

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu 04 May 2017, 1:35 pm

Hi James - totally agree about the benefit of Dunn going on loan. I suspect what's blocking it are the two sides of the same coin. Surrey won't want him being bowled into the ground elsewhere and picking up another injury whilst other sides will be wary of his poor fitness record.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by James100 Thu 04 May 2017, 4:51 pm

Good point Guildford. It'll be a real shame he he never fulfils his potential.

James100

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu 04 May 2017, 9:27 pm

A very comfortable win for the seconds today over Sussex at Horsham in a 50 over game.

A strong personal showing from Freddie captaining the side - an undefeated 96 and a highly respectable 2/16 off 6 overs - but the poor guy still came off second best to Amar Virdi who took a sevenfer! clap clap Rolling Eyes

If it was raining soup down the Harleyford Road, you can't but feel Freddie would be the person there with a knife and fork! Whistle

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sat 13 May 2017, 1:42 pm

For Olly and the younger generation -
What's this tweet from Kevin Pietersen all about then?
''surreycricket have made me incredibly happy ... announcement in a couple of weeks''

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by James100 Sat 13 May 2017, 1:53 pm

My guess was T20 captain. Does seem weird that he's teasing an announcement 2 weeks ahead though!

James100

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sat 13 May 2017, 2:07 pm

Is it something to do with his charity about the rhinos .I wonder if the club are sponsoring it.

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 13 May 2017, 8:43 pm

I'd imagine its something along Jimbo's lines - I haven't seen any rumours or anything on the internet about anything tho...
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sat 13 May 2017, 9:13 pm

Cheers, guys. My guess would be to do with animal conservation. Think the t20 campaign will be underway when he rocks up, not a good idea imo to change the captain then.

Olly - you in the runs yet this season? thumbsup

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 13 May 2017, 10:33 pm

guildfordbat wrote:Cheers, guys. My guess would be to do with animal conservation. Think the t20 campaign will be underway when he rocks up, not a good idea imo to change the captain then.

Olly - you in the runs yet this season? thumbsup

Mixed Guildford - a 52 not out in the pre season friendly, followed by a 0 and 5 in the first two leagues games for our 4th team (for the 5 I was given out caught behind off my pad by our own umpire - only the bowler appealed!!) . Today I was called upto the 3rd team and got a solid 55 (95) - feeling good at the crease at the moment, just need to wickets to stop seaming and I'll be piling them on Smile
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 14 May 2017, 1:08 am

Sorry Olly too slow you make the Baron look like Jason roy Laugh

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun 14 May 2017, 8:55 am

jimbobgooner wrote:Sorry Olly too slow you make the Baron look like Jason roy Laugh

Ignore him, Olly! #propercricket Very Happy

Off to the Oval.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 14 May 2017, 9:55 am

In my defence, we were only chasing 156 off 45 overs - I was merely honouring my hero,the departed #ansariforengland Wink
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 02 Jun 2017, 3:31 pm

Just seen young McKerr has taken 2-42 off 12 so far on his first class debut for Derbyshire - and the wickets on Surrey Twitter account show me he seems to have a very nice repeatable action that lends itself to out swing

Good to see
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri 02 Jun 2017, 9:05 pm

A sound debut for McKerr. A couple of wickets (at any level of the game, a bowler feels some satisfaction when ''2'' appears in his end column), 18 overs bowled - more than anyone else - and at a shade under 3 an over.

It'll be interesting to see how he gets on in the rest of this match and the rest of his loan spell which takes in away fixtures at Northampton and Swansea. Following up on Olly's comment, it's perhaps a shame for him and Derbys that his loan spell doesn't include any home games. Derby and Chesterfield traditionally help swing bowlers - good hunting grounds for the Viscount when we played there. Just maybe, the loan could be extended if he stays on the money.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 05 Jun 2017, 12:41 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p054s9gm

https://soundcloud.com/freelancecc-podcast/episode-13

A couple of good podcast listens for Surrey fans if you have a spare hour or so. The BBC one is an interview by Ed Smith with Ansari on his retirement, and the second is Will MacPhearson and Vish (I can't spell his full name!) with Gareth Batty on all things Surrey, England, and wider cricket issues.

Very very good listens are both - would be interested to know the thoughts of others who listen
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 07 Jun 2017, 10:56 am

Surrey folk - I'll be attending days two, three and four of the CC game against Hampshire first week of July - do I need to purchase tickets before, or can I simply purchase on the gate on the days?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next