The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surrey CCC 2016 summer discussion thread

+13
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Corporalhumblebucket
king_carlos
James100
thegooch7
kingdaveeagle
alfie
Jetty
SimonofSurrey
chichestersurryfan
JDizzle
jimbohammers
Strings Philander
17 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Surrey CCC 2016 summer discussion thread - Page 7 Empty Surrey CCC 2016 summer discussion thread

Post by king_carlos Fri 08 Apr 2016, 7:21 pm

First topic message reminder :

Club captain: Gareth Batty

First team squad for 2016 summer

Batsmen: Rory Burns, Arun Harinath, Dominic Sibley, Kumar Sangakarra (overseas), Aaron Finch (cover for Sangakarra during CPL)

Wicket-keepers: Ben Foakes, Gary Wilson, Steve Davies

All-rounders: Zafar Ansari, James Burke, Aneesh Kapil, Azhar Mahmood (British passport - T20 only), Dwayne Bravo (T20 only), Chris Morris (cover for Dwayne Bravo during CPl - T20 only)

Seamers: Tom Curran, Sam Curran, Jade Dernbach, Matt Dunn, Mark Footitt, Stuart Meaker, Connor McKerr (UK passport), Matthew Philans (UK Passport), Ravi Rampaul (Kolpak)

Spinners: Gareth Batty, Freddie van den Bergh

CC division 1 fixtures

Sunday April 10 - Nottinghamshire - Trent Bridge
Sunday April 24 - Somerset - The Oval
Sunday May 1 - Durham - The Oval
Sunday May 8 - Yorkshire - Headingley
Sunday May 15 - Middlesex - The Oval
Sunday May 22 - Lancashire - Old Trafford
Saturday May 28 - Somerset - The County Ground, Taunton
Sunday June 19 - Nottinghamshire - The Oval
Saturday July 2 - Warwickshire - Guildford CC
Monday July 11 - Yorkshire - The Oval
Sunday July 17 - Hampshire - The Ageas Bowl
Thursday August 4 - Middlesex - Lord's Cricket Ground
Saturday August 13 - Warwickshire - Edgbaston
Tuesday August 23 - Lancashire - The Oval
Tuesday September 6 - Hampshire - The Oval
Monday September 12 - Durham - Riverside Ground, Chester-le-Street

T20 Blast fixtures

Friday May 20 - Essex - Chelmsford
Thursday May 26 - Glamorgan - The Oval
Friday June 3 - Sussex - The County Cricket Ground, Hove
Thursday June 9 - Hampshire - The Oval
Friday June 10 - Somerset - The County Ground, Taunton
Friday June 17 - Middlesex - The Oval
Friday June 24 - Glamorgan - Sophia Gardens
Saturday June 25 - Essex - The Oval
Wednesday July 6 - Gloucestershire - Nevil Road
Friday July 8 - Somerset - The Oval
Friday July 15 - Kent - The Nevill Ground
Thursday July 21 - Middlesex - Lord's Cricket Ground
Friday July 22 - Sussex - The Oval
Friday July 29 - Kent - The Oval

Royal London One Day Cup Fixtures

Sunday June 5 - Kent - Beckenham, Worsley Bridge Road
Wednesday June 8 - Somerset - The Oval
Tuesday June 14 - Sussex - Guildford CC
Wednesday June 15 - Hampshire - The Ageas Bowl
Sunday July 24 - Essex - Chelmsford
Wednesday July 27 - Gloucestershire - The Oval
Monday August 1 - Glamorgan - The Oval
Tuesday August 2 - Middlesex - Lord's Cricket Ground

Departures from 2015: Tim Linley (RET), Vikram Solanki (RET - now 2nd XI captain), Kevin Pietersen (has announced he won't be playing county cricket in 2016), David Balcombe (RET)

Arrivals for 2016: Mark Footitt (Derbyshire), Conor McKerr (UK passport), Mathew Philans (UK passport), Ravi Rampaul (KPK), Aaron Finch (cover for Sangakarra during CPL), Dwayne Bravo (T20 only), Chris Morris (cover for Bravo during CPL - T20 only)

The other big news to report is of course the departure of former head coach Graham Ford to return to the Sri Lanka set-up as head coach with Michael Di Venuto, the long time Durham batsmen and more recently Australia batting coach, coming in as his replacement.

Director of Cricket: Alec Stewart
Head coach: Michael Di Venuto

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Surrey CCC 2016 summer discussion thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Surrey CCC 2016 summer discussion thread

Post by guildfordbat Wed 07 Jun 2017, 1:39 pm

Olly - forget about buying for days 2 and 3. I'll sort you out guest vouchers. I'll PM you later today.

Play day 4 by ear but you'll be able to buy on the gate on the day (as anyone can for the other days although I think they're more pricey that way). I wouldn't recommend buying a day 4 ticket online as there may be concessions at the time depending on the state of the game.

Jimbo - able to join us? Happy if you do provided Crane doesn't run through us! Wink

Corporal and Chichester - attending the Guildford festival at all this year?

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Surrey CCC 2016 summer discussion thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Surrey CCC 2016 summer discussion thread

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 07 Jun 2017, 6:46 pm

Guildford - a true gent!

I'll be doing days 2, 3 and 4 - up for meeting anyone else who is going if they so fancy it - I already owe Guildford a beer, so there's a potential round or two going already!! Smile
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Thu 08 Jun 2017, 3:27 pm

guildfordbat wrote:Corporal and Chichester - attending the Guildford festival at all this year?

Sadly not for me - as inadvertently booked hol to coincide.  Hope there's upturn in Surrey's usual fortunes at that ground! Hope you get some good cricket if you go.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Thu 08 Jun 2017, 3:32 pm

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:Guildford - a true gent!

I'll be doing days 2, 3 and 4 - up for meeting anyone else who is going if they so fancy it - I already owe Guildford a beer, so there's a potential round or two going already!! Smile

It's possible I may get to one of the days.  Won't know until nearer the time.  Will certainly come if I can make it....

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu 08 Jun 2017, 3:42 pm

Hi Corporal - yep, going tomorrow.

Corporal - excellent if you, Chichester, Jimbo and any of the gang can get to the Oval for the Hants match.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 08 Jun 2017, 10:45 pm

Surrey reveal plans to redevelop the Oval - cost of £50 million, increase capacity to 40,000 by 2023, making it the biggest ground in the country
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri 09 Jun 2017, 9:38 pm

A fivefer today for Conor McKerr on loan for Derbys in their match at Northants. clap

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun 11 Jun 2017, 12:28 am

Jade Dernbach was enthusiastically doing 12th man duties including some sub fielding on day 2 at Guildford. Must be in with a reasonable chance of playing in the RL 50 game at Yorks on Tuesday.

Meanwhile, another couple of wickets for Conor McKerr.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 13 Jun 2017, 8:29 am

Mark stoneman is set to be called upto the England lions squad on Tuesday
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue 13 Jun 2017, 9:03 am

Thanks, Olly. Didn't know that although not surprised. He's earned the opportunity.

As I understand things, the Lions have a 4 day ''unofficial Test'' against South Africa A starting on Wednesday 21 June which won't clash with any Surrey fixtures. However, the Lions then have another first class match against South Africa (that's not South Africa A but a team from their Test squad) starting on Thursday 29 June; that is the last day of Surrey's CC match away to Yorks which Stoneman would therefore have to miss if selected by the Lions.

Perhaps with this in mind, Harinath was with the first team squad over the weekend and in the nets.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri 07 Jul 2017, 10:55 am

Freddie's back!

Over to JimBob for tonight's match thread.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Tue 11 Jul 2017, 10:33 am

James Burke has left Surrey to pursue his career elsewhere. No great surprise there. I recall eyebrows were raised when he was signed from ?Somerset and offered a couple of years contract, despite not having made much of an impact at that county.

For a brief while he appeared promising as a developing all rounder - though always with a tendency to leak runs at an alarming rate and a rather loose batting style. I did actually see him make runs in the cc with an attractive half century - possibly against Derbyshire. But even in that innings I think he was dropped 3 or 4 times before he reached double figures. Having fallen down the pecking order at the Oval he went on loan to Leics, but didn't break into the team there.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonofSurrey Tue 11 Jul 2017, 7:32 pm

As we bid farewell to J Burke, let's also put this tired old overloaded thread out of its misery and move on to a new one for 2017. Please see the new separate 'Discussion' I've just created on 'Domestic Cricket'.

Cheers, and see you all on the other discussion thread,

Simon (of Surrey - always!)

SimonofSurrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7