The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did everybody vote and who for ????

4 posters

Go down

Did everybody vote and who for ???? Empty Did everybody vote and who for ????

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon May 09, 2016 9:52 pm

First time since I've been eligible to vote I haven't voted.....Red didn't either.....My eldest did I imagine he voted Conservative......

Felt bad about not voting but can't vote for Labour as is.....Which is a shame because Corbyn seems like a nice guy.....Maybe he'll win me round though I doubt he'll have the time....

Jarvis v Nandy is my bet for 2017......John McDonnell maybe also...

Glad Labour won the London Mayoralty though........P**s poor campaign from Goldsmith..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Did everybody vote and who for ???? Empty Re: Did everybody vote and who for ????

Post by Duty281 Mon May 09, 2016 9:54 pm

I scribbled all over my ballot paper for the council elections(no Kipper standing), though I did put a 'X' in the UKIP box for the PCC elections. #democraticduty

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Did everybody vote and who for ???? Empty Re: Did everybody vote and who for ????

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon May 09, 2016 10:09 pm

UKIP only seem to be hurting Labour at the moment..

Strange considering they are a right wing party.....

Either the voters are stupid or the Libs are still waiting to become the protest party again..

Not sure which one..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Mon May 09, 2016 10:52 pm

Pleased to see that UKIP did fairly poorly in our ward in the local elections, coming in 4th place and securing only 7% of the vote. Despite its reputation for being pretty reactionary, Tunbridge Wells is generally not a happy hunting ground for UKIP. Overall, across the 16 Borough Council seats up for election the share of votes was Tories 48%, Lib Dems and Lab both 18%, UKIP 15%, Greens 3%.

UKIP performed more strongly in the PCC election in Kent, but still lost out to the Tories in the end. Seems a fairly clear pattern that in the more prosperous parts of Kent (notably W Kent) UKIP don't get very far, whereas they get more support in the less well off parts of East Kent.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue May 10, 2016 9:38 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:UKIP only seem to be hurting Labour at the moment..

Strange considering they are a right wing party.....

Either the voters are stupid or the Libs are still waiting to become the protest party again..

Not sure which one..

Such labels are surely outdated.

UKIP want to invest more money into mental health services - is that right-wing?
UKIP want to scrap hospital parking charges - is that right-wing?
UKIP oppose TTIP - Is that right-wing?
UKIP want to introduce measures that would effectively allow constituents to sack their local MP - is that right-wing?
UKIP want to take minimum-wage workers out of tax - is that right-wing?

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue May 10, 2016 11:05 am

In the biggy I went Pigeon (LD). Can't even remember who got my second pref (possibly Goldsmith). Think Pigeon got my Assembly vote also and the other vote went blue I think.

Khan was always a shoe in for Mayor. Fact is London is Labour - those rich enough to live here are too few to outnumber those more likely to vote Labour. Core Tory vote is home country/commuter belt. Unless you've a massive personality that can draw from all voter pools (like Boris) the London Mayor will always be Labour.

Zac's campaign was pretty awful. Khan's not much better, nothing special but lacked the vindictiveness of Zach's. Though as Khan was quasi-incumbent, he always had the easier job.

Next 12 months will be interesting.

As stated on another thread, there's little the Mayor can do about the major issues anyway and Zac's 1 USP was that he had better access and influence over the treasury than a Labour, particularly hard left Labour, Mayor ever would for the next four years. With that door shut and no chance London will ever be allowed to stop subsidising rUK Khan is going to be fairly limited.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down