The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JK's got my vote...

5 posters

Go down

JK's got my vote... Empty JK's got my vote...

Post by Taylorman Mon 12 Sep 2011, 2:30 pm

Having followed JK since his school days at Dela salle college in Auckland, hes got my support. JK, the epitomy of NZ Rugby.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/5612030/John-Kirwan-eyes-All-Blacks-job

Single handedly brought the World cup into the bright lights with his try against Italy in 1987 and has been serving a long apprentice getting the feel for International rugby with Italy and Japan. Has been through his own personal battles and come out a stronger person.

Probably hasnt had the opportunity of a tier one country or sxv- likely minimal pre-requisties for being AB coach but with Deans gone and Smith to Waikato the alternatives don't look as impressive...

Hansen, Cooper, Foster the most common names bandied about....Joseph, Blackadder, Gatland on the outer shelf...

None inspires me.

Time to take a chance on JK I reckon- someone here who really does know how to win a world cup.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

JK's got my vote... Empty Re: JK's got my vote...

Post by aucklandlaurie Mon 12 Sep 2011, 4:42 pm

taylorman
JK has to do a stint in Super xv first, There wouldn't be an opening down your way would there?

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Mon 12 Sep 2011, 5:35 pm

aucklandlaurie wrote: taylorman
JK has to do a stint in Super xv first, There wouldn't be an opening down your way would there?

Yes...On the wing...not that I follow the canes.

Yes thats what I was thinking re sxv but I've seen the NZRFU do some funny things over the years. Thats not a hard rule is it?

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Mon 12 Sep 2011, 7:27 pm

John Kirwin has a better CV than that,two international sides Italy and Japan.Look what he has done with Japan,Pacific nations champs ,he has produced a side.Saying hey,we can`t compete physically but we can enjoy are selfs and score tries.The France match was for me,more exciting than
Nz or Aus.Wales was more tense,Scotland patchy,England and Ireland dire.
Realisticly a backs Coach at AB level or Head Coach at S15,IF they blow the
RWC again there may be 3 vacancies for AB`s coaching staff.

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Mon 12 Sep 2011, 7:43 pm

You can probably have Gatland Very Happy

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by chewed_mintie Tue 13 Sep 2011, 8:14 am

I'd take him over Hammett any day of the week at the Hurricanes. In fact, if we'd snuck him back last year INSTEAD of Hammett I'm sure as hell he'd have made friends with Nonu, Gear, Weepu, Hore and Cruden rather than alienating them.

I think JK has what it takes to be a top AB coach. He's blazed his own path by going through Italy and Japan. He can deal with threadbare resources so the AB position should be rather easy in that regard. Keeping up the public and team expectation of 8 wins out of 10 will be the difficult part no doubt!

If he comes back after his time with Japan for a SXV gig, and if he can get a SXV title with whichever franchise, then I would say he'll get the top job, but he won't be the next coach

chewed_mintie

Back to top Go down

Post by chewed_mintie Tue 13 Sep 2011, 8:16 am

Gatts wrote:You can probably have Gatland Very Happy

Obviously tongue in cheek, but if Gatland ever gets the NZ job I'll stop supporting them. He's not fit to be the bag man for NZ (though he was fit enough to play for them!)

chewed_mintie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down