The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How will the end of Djoko's streak affect his play?

+19
I AM AWESOME
Mad for Chelsea
dummy_half
michael_o
laverfan
Tenez
Sidespin
FedsFan
yummymummy
erictheblueuk
noleisthebest
legendkillar
ebar86
dresdten
socal1976
sportslover
Haddie-nuff
yloponom68
Talatonian
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How will the end of Djoko's streak affect his play? Empty How will the end of Djoko's streak affect his play?

Post by Talatonian Sat 04 Jun 2011, 1:58 pm

I just wondered what you folks think: will he pick up where he left off or will his confidence be dented?

Talatonian

Back to top Go down

How will the end of Djoko's streak affect his play? Empty Re: How will the end of Djoko's streak affect his play?

Post by yloponom68 Sat 04 Jun 2011, 2:17 pm

Indeed relevant question and something in which alot of people are interested!

When Djokovic won the Davis Cup for Serbia, in concert with his team mates, I felt it was going to be the start of a new chapter in his tennis life. Winning at the top echelon of the game, has a great deal to do with confidence and belief. That Davis Cup experience was a watershed, in that it catapaulted both his confidence and belief.

So it has come to pass, with his tremendous winning streak to open the 2011 season. I agree with McEnroe, not given to over zealous flattery of fellow tennis players, where it is not deserved. To me, Djokovic's opening run, is a greater achievment than McEnroe's, although the latter's was one much longer.

The increased degree of physicality, mental fortitude required and pressure from both the increased media coverage and world wide following of the sport, bring with it a greater requirement to manage all these things whilst playing World Class tennis. McEnroe's streak did not include the Australian Open, as it was then played in December. Djokovic's run included this Major, 4 TMS titles, and a couple of regular level ATP events - facing and winng 3 times against Federer, and four against Nadal, all in TMS finals.

It's an accomplishment that will probably stand for a long, long time, if ever broken at all. Such are the demands of today's game, upon it's player.

ALL that said, Djokovic didn't lose the match because he played badly; he didn't lose to a journeyman tennis player, nor was he at the height of physical and mental freshness. The rigors of his winning streak, did accumulate and no one can simply go on, and on, and on, and on, no matter how fit, no matter how well he is playing - there comes an end point when it all builds up. Federer's tremendous play, confidence and belief all came together and he secured the victory.

There is nothing to take away from what Djokovic has done, and this loss, I don't believe will have any effect, in terms of mental toughness, nor focus, from his job in the bigger picture of his winning matches.

I am not sure if he'll rebound immediately, or whether he'll need a little while to process all that's happened now the streak is over, but he will continue to play top flight tennis and I think the World No 1 ranking will be his at some point during 2011.

So we have Nadal v Federer, Roland Garros - Edition V (IV in finals!) and it's a sight not many people wouldhave placed much faith in a week ago. But all tennis fans will be revelling come match time tomorrow.

For now though, game 1 is over with the women - Schiavone held the first game, and we may I think, just see one hell of a match unfold in the next 90 minutes or so.

yloponom68

Back to top Go down

How will the end of Djoko's streak affect his play? Empty Re: How will the end of Djoko's streak affect his play?

Post by Haddie-nuff Sat 04 Jun 2011, 2:19 pm

I think his pride will be the thing that is more dented at the moment... he will get over his disappointment, and when he has he will bounce back.. he is a professional tennis player when all is said and done and he knows as well as the rest that defeats have to be expected. He will get over it before his fans I think.
Rafa once said that its the defeats that make you enjoy your victories.

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Talatonian Sat 04 Jun 2011, 2:28 pm

I think it may be significant that his next matches will be on grass - his least comfortable surface. There he will potentially face either Murray or Federer in the semis: both of whom have tested him recently and in an environment more conducive to their play rather than his. I think he may find it rather tough and it might peg him back a bit

Talatonian

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Sat 04 Jun 2011, 2:32 pm

But he has pulled out of Qeens so he wont get much match practice on grass

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Talatonian Sat 04 Jun 2011, 2:41 pm

Exactly Haddie-nuff: because he's pulled out he puts himself at a fisadvantage imo

Talatonian

Back to top Go down

Post by sportslover Sat 04 Jun 2011, 2:51 pm

He knew he had to concede at some stage so doubt if it will affect him much at all especially when his loss was to probably the greatest player of all time.

As for Queens he needs a rest now Wink

sportslover

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat 04 Jun 2011, 4:19 pm

I agree ylopnom to an extent, but novak did lose that match because he played badly. He played an attrocious 1 and 2 set and didn't start playing well till the third. His 4 day layoff and all the added pressure caused him to have a bad start. No doubt Roger played well. But Novak playing well would have won that first set, he played quite frankly awfully in the first two sets. In the fourth set Roger played great and so did Novak and Roger won. But in set one and two he played like garbage thanks to the layoff and the pressure of playing for #1. Still Roger deserved it and maybe would have won if Novak brought his A game. But Novak brought his A game for two sets. Still its all on him, you can't play your best every time.

I disagree, as Djokovic fan I think he won't have a good grass court season quite frankly. That loss to Roger was heartbreaking. He is a great player and is the best player this year in my opinion. But he could have won that match, and if not for 4 days and Fabio Fognini he might have won that match as well as Roger played. If Fognini turns up for a warmup to wimbeldon as if nothing happens then he is the biggest fraud an villain tennis has seen in along time and I hope he gets run out of the ATP tour never winning another match. if you are injured Fognini enough were you can't play you better not show yourself at queens, if he does he should be investigated.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by dresdten Sat 04 Jun 2011, 4:45 pm

Well, you can put in yourself only so much fresh blood infusions and steroids so it was inevitable that Djokovic will have to suffer sooner or later.

That said, great players dont need excuses. Yup, its not his fault, its Fognini fault. Yeah right. Is it also Fognini's fault that Djokovic was so full of himself (his own words: "I will win over that odl fart with one hand tied behind my back!") and full of .-.. to not even have some practice plays in the 4 days hiatus.

Anyway, as I said few days ago - "he will lose from Federer, as he rightly should", he lost and it was right that he lost Wink

dresdten

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat 04 Jun 2011, 5:41 pm

That is bs dresdten, in my opinion its not right for fognini to job him out of record. if he is hurt that is fine with me that is just the breaks of the game. If he shows up to the wimbeldon warmup then he isn't that hurt and should be investigated by the ATP, and frankly a one year ban would be about fair. he played like garbage in set #1 and #2 because of ridiculous layoff, it was almost like that semifinal was his first match of the tournament and Roger had been playing all along. That fognini layoff pretty much cost him the match and certainly cost him the mcrenoe record. If that dirtball Fognini shows up to Queens, or Eastbourne, to Halle he should be investigated. Espn reported he wasn't even limping in his interview where he withdrew from the qF. And he withdrew a day before the match, he couldn't wait until the day of the match. He better be hurt, and maybe he is. But if he isn't he is one of the biggest villains in the history of sport. The first two sets were the worst two sets Novak played all tournament. You call it an excuse if you like, fine I am making it, Roger and Fognini beat him in that Semi.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Talatonian Sat 04 Jun 2011, 6:03 pm

The Fognini issue is an interesting one: not least because I wanted Montanes to win and felt he was 'cheated' a bit - certainly I felt the MTO threw him. However, my thread was really about now the defeat has happened what do we think the state of play from here is. I feel Nole is a bit fragile mentally. We've seen how wonderfully well he plays when bolstered by success, but the ending of the streak makes me wonder how he will react to it.
Will he feel jinxed by what happened with Fognini and lose his momentum?
If Rafa beats Roger tomorrow will he feel that his recent wins over Nadal have been 'fake'?
OR Will he take it in his stride as Rafa and Roger - the only other #1s recently = have taken painful defeats = dusted themselves down, noe way or another and get back to the task in hand?

Talatonian

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat 04 Jun 2011, 6:13 pm

Well Tatalonia, I don't know how exactly 4 straight wins can be analyzed to be a fake. But I will be watching very closely to see if Fognini shows up for the wimbeldon warmups. It will be a historic fraud if Fognini shows up and plays like normal in those warmups. Frankly, in my mind it will taint Fed's win, Mac's record and this loss by Djokovic. Djokovic was pretty much playing his first match of the tournament against a federer who was on fire in the semis. it took him two sets to find his timing, and after that it was too late. Espn reported Fognini wasn't even limping in his interview, this is much worse than what Davydenko was accused of, if Fognini has the sheer audacity to show up for queens he should be investigated by the AtP and most likely suspended and fined.

Djokovic has about 70 percent of the points he needs to be year end #1, it was a tough loss, i think it will stick in his craw. But even if he doesn't have a good wimby those 4 straight masters are going to be enough for him if he can get it back together for the US hardcourt season. I don't see Nadal repeating at the USO and at that point if Novak plays well he will take the #1. This wasn't just a tough loss, what happened before it was very fishy.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Talatonian Sat 04 Jun 2011, 6:21 pm

I sympathise Socal I really do. You're obviously very sore about it and quite possibly with good reason....and Djokovic is your man. He's not mine, though I admire him for what he has done and overcome - and I like level playing fields.
My question really relates to whether he can contextualise this loss and go on to consolidate what he has developed or whether this will set him back.

Talatonian

Back to top Go down

Post by ebar86 Sat 04 Jun 2011, 6:23 pm

did novak played bad in 1st set? i dont think so,,he'd minibreak in tiebreak,,

2nd set,,novak wasnt poor,,fed just better,,

in 3rd set,,fed told in post-match conf about his fatigue during 2nd set because of high tempo of 2nd set,,seems like hes reserving his energy n just follow the flow of the match.

but if novak had won the 1st set,,the ending might be diff.

ebar86

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat 04 Jun 2011, 6:29 pm

My answer is simple it will set him back, I don't doubt he will be able to comeback and get the #1 at some point this season. He is too good and has been through a lot. But it is clear this isn't just an ordinary loss, and it will be apparent to me what transpired if Fognini shows up for the wimby warmup. If he is hurt, well then its just a tough break for Novak. But Espn reported the guy wasn't even limping in or out of the interview, and he withdrew a day before he actually had to play. In my mind if Fognini shows up and moves normally in a week or two it will be a big taint on this french open, on mac's record, on Roger's victory. It would be almost as bad as a match fixing scandal in my mind.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by ebar86 Sat 04 Jun 2011, 6:39 pm

to win major,,u need evrything to going ur way,,the last thing is luck..but champions are able to create their own 'luck'.

nadal in FO 08,,yes he was playing out of world tennis,,though he needed to play on 3 consecutive days because of rain,,he prevailed handsomely at final

nadal AO 09,,hitting the top-form fernando verdasco,,nadal clearly could be seen,,crying in the final game of 5th set against fernando,,fed has an extra day of rest,,but nadal hit it hard on fed in final

fed wimby 09,,roddick suddenly played better than he could ever be,,but fed still managed to steal under roddicks nose

n these are champions' stuff.

as nadal said,,its easy to win when you're playing good,,but its so sweet to win while ur playing badly.

as a neutral,,i think djoko-fed match was quite balanced yesterday,,

ebar86

Back to top Go down

Post by Talatonian Sat 04 Jun 2011, 6:41 pm

For your peace of mind Socal: a loss to a resurgent GOAT could not possibly be an ordinary loss - that may be Nole's consolation. As for Fognini - he shouldn't trouble anyone alive or dead! It WAS all very peculiar....but
then at the top you just have to cope - Murray's ankle twist as an example. Start another thread to intitiate a petition to the atp re investigation if you feel really strongly.

Talatonian

Back to top Go down

Post by ebar86 Sat 04 Jun 2011, 6:43 pm

if novak is going to be #1,,he needs to complete it this year

because,,come the 1st part of 2012,,i dont think he'll able to defend all those points he got this year

ebar86

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat 04 Jun 2011, 6:45 pm

ebar, don't give me the major thing Novak has won 2 of them obviously he has what it takes. It was certainly balanced considering Djokovic was playing his first match of the tournament practically and roger was well practiced and it took Djokovic two sets to get his timing back. If Fognini is hurt fine, if he shows up in a week or two to play in a grass court warmup its a huge taint on this tournament and frankly the entire sport.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Talatonian Sat 04 Jun 2011, 6:49 pm

Socal - you are SO sore. Please read my last comment and act on it. You make it seem like DFjoko can NEVER recover from not playing Fognini...I have more faith - i'M SURE HE CAN!

Talatonian

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat 04 Jun 2011, 6:52 pm

It doesn't ease my min talatonian, its a taint on the sport quite frankly. Novak finished one match short of an all time record because it was annouced the Fognini tore a muscle in his leg. Maybe it is a torn a muscle, then tough break to Novak because in the Fognini match he would have tied mac's record. But if he shows up to queens, I want an Mri and an AtP investigation.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat 04 Jun 2011, 6:55 pm

By the way I have already stated Novak will most likely get the #1 ranking sometime this year and ofcourse I don't think he will never recover from this match, he is much better and stronger than that. But if Fognini doesn't have torn muscle like he indicated to the press then he committed a fraud on tennis, on the french open, and on Novak Djokovic who with a win over Fognini would have tied an alltime record. If he is hurt my sympathies but if he shows up to play in the next 2 weeks I want to see the MRI or else in my mind this whole tournament is tainted.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Talatonian Sat 04 Jun 2011, 7:03 pm

EEK - I TRIED- PETITION THREAD SOCAL

Talatonian

Back to top Go down

Post by ebar86 Sat 04 Jun 2011, 7:03 pm

i'd watched novak interview b4 semi match,,n he'd been asked bout the possibility of 'over-rest',,n novak said something like,,rest or not,,this is not an issue,,

so,,let be it brother Smile i believe ur man will have chance again to win FO in the future

ebar86

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat 04 Jun 2011, 7:09 pm

ebar, lets put the fo aside, he beats fognini he ties one of the greatest records in tennis. Even if he steps on the court and Roger wins the match in the semis he would be tied in the record books with Mcenroe. I have seen Novak play a couple of hundred times and those first two sets were awful, he played not like himself at all. I will be his fan regardless even if he falls out of the top 100, I owe him as much for all the great memories. But the bottom line is this is bigger than Novak frankly, if this guy isn't hurt enough not to even try to play then it is a fraud on tennis, a fraud on the record books, a fraud on the french open, and a fraud on Novak Djokovic. And I am not prejudging, maybe he is hurt and this whole conversation is a hypothetical. But if he shows up a couple of weeks and plays then it seems like he doesn't have a torn thigh muscle and the sport has suffered in my mind a giant taint almost on the level of match fixing.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Talatonian Sat 04 Jun 2011, 7:18 pm

Are there any Nole fans out there who will tell me how he will repond to this loss other than wanting Fognini hung drawn and quartered?
If so - please do..

Talatonian

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat 04 Jun 2011, 7:21 pm

I told you talatonian, he will take it hard but he is strong enough and will be number #1 before the end of the year and will finish strong. And I still want fognini drawn and quartered.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Talatonian Sat 04 Jun 2011, 7:28 pm

Truce Socal! Drawn and qaurtered for Fognini it is - but how about hung? - the very best bit! I too feel he will get #1 but I suspect Nadal will get back pretty quickly - even though I feel Nadal doesn't have the need to feel #1 so much as say Fed.

Talatonian

Back to top Go down

Post by ebar86 Sat 04 Jun 2011, 7:43 pm

cool down socal,,the streak will stop somewhere,,n it happened last night for novak,,with fognini or without fognini

early this year,,people talked about Rafa Slam,,n see how it ended,,
i think it hurt nadal more than this novaks defeat to fed

ebar86

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Sat 04 Jun 2011, 7:59 pm

Being a tennis fan the streak this year has been just amazing. It has been more of the tennis he has been playing and it has been sensational. I have said on many other threads that the Fognini withdrawal was disgraceful, done with no emotion. Like I said when you look at what Murray did to be fit for his match with Troicki, Had he not he would've been devastated. I would imagine the likes of Djokovic, Federer and Nadal would've played that match. I think Federer's reaction after the victory said it all, because it will be remembered for a long time. Djokovic I thought played a good match and any other claim does an injustice to the performance Federer put in. I would imagine that Djokovic when watching the quarter finals wanted to be on the court and play a match. I think with him missing Queens is a good thing because he needs to recover both physically and mentally. I wonder though might he consider playing doubles too at Wimbledon to get 'extra' time on grass. I don't think the loss would hurt him. Imagine the reaction if he wins Wimbledon?

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat 04 Jun 2011, 8:06 pm

Regardless, of the impact on the federer match, Roger played great and deserved the win I have already said that legendkillar, but the streak is dead and dust one match before Novak would tie the record and Fognini would have been the match. If Fognini shows up a plays in a week or two, then it is a taint on the sport in my mind. He should be forced to take an mri and investigated. Espn reported Fognini didn't limp into or out of his press conference. I will say this though it impacted Novak for those first two sets. Its like Novak is playing the first match of the tournament against Roger Federer who has got his form down. 4 days is longer break than between the final in Madrid and the 2nd round match in rome. It had an impact, on the first two sets for sure. But Novak played well in the 4th set and Roger still won. In my mind its not anything to do with Roger a wins a win, and as I have stated Roger played beautifully and fully deserved it. But it is a hard way to lose a record like that. Fognini better not show his face at queen's or in my mind its a taint on the sport.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Talatonian Sat 04 Jun 2011, 8:10 pm

Good idea about the doubles.. clever thinking.
I think we need to leave Fognini in the past - like you say - any of the truly greats would have found a way - even if it meant losing.
I didn't like Federe's 1 finger response though: a bit taunting and unneccesdary - not of Nadal's class?

Talatonian

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Sat 04 Jun 2011, 8:12 pm

Hey socal. I am hoping that Fognini doesn't come back for the season!! I think he is a disgrace to the sport and basically bottled the match and should disrespect to the tournament, Novak, the fans and more importantly the game of tennis itself. Just disgusting. I hope something like that never happens again. I think Djokovic should consider doubles at Wimbledon as i think it might help him keep his game 'in the zone'

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Sat 04 Jun 2011, 8:13 pm

Hey Talatonian and welcome to the forum. Indeed I have always been a fan of doubles on grass because the season is so short and I think if players miss a grass event leading up to Wimbledon that doubles can help make up for that time missed from court.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat 04 Jun 2011, 8:14 pm

Ill be happy to leave it in the past Talatonian, as long as he doesn't play for few weeks. The injury reported is a torn thigh not something you come back from in 2 or 3 weeks. If he shows up before wimbeldon then its a black eye for the sport, and I think something like a year ban for fognini is a fair punishment.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Sat 04 Jun 2011, 8:16 pm

I would like to give him a black eye socal!!

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat 04 Jun 2011, 8:16 pm

I think Nole won't be very affected. He is now hugely relieved of any pressure. He'll be down for a day or two, maybe a week, after that business as usual.

He will have learnt a lot during this streak and during the loss.

I hope he has learnt not to care about the crowd or what anybody else thinks.

Although he doesn't have to think about it while he is here, Wimbledon crowd are the best in the world: most tennis knowledgeable and polite.

Last edited by noleisthebest on Sat 04 Jun 2011, 8:25 pm; edited 2 times in total

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat 04 Jun 2011, 8:20 pm

Thank you for the support legendkillar, this thing is really sticking in my craw.

Nitb, the french crowd is awful, as I have said before the second worst crowd in tennis. But, as you say novak will be back, he has been through much worse in his career and his life.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Sat 04 Jun 2011, 8:24 pm

It sticks in mine socal. He will never achieve anything else like that in the game. Seeing how hurt Monatanes was by the defeat and after an epic match, watching the victor just give away his place like that. Seeing the efforts Murray was making to be fit for his match. Also Djokovics preparations were affected as a result.

I think the streak will be out his mind when he next steps out on court and wins.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat 04 Jun 2011, 8:30 pm

Legendkillar, it certainly is, I am trying to find the article but Espn stated he wasn't even noticeably limping. And the injury was declared a torn thigh, not something you come back from in 2 weeks. Lets wait and see. I don't like this skipping queens if it can be helped. You don't get much preparation for wimbeldon and it isn't like you can replicate a 135 mile per hour serve moving on a grass court during practice. Or replicate match conditions.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat 04 Jun 2011, 8:39 pm

I wouldn't worry about Fognini, Socal. Nole didn't lose the match because of Fognini.
Italians are not well known for being sportsmanlike (remember WC Final and that Zidane Materazzi incident?).

Nole was simply overwhelmed and had too much pressure. If that was any other match, he would have won. But what's happened cannot be undone, it adds to the spice of this extraodinary tennis year, and the climax is just about to hit us with Wimbledon. I said way back in January that my biggest question was who was going to win it this year.
It still is and the question is bigger than ever now.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Talatonian Sat 04 Jun 2011, 8:45 pm

I'll introduce this idea here
.I don't see Rafa staying number 2 for too long even if he does lose number 1.

Here's a possible projection of the next few months (all hypothetical of course ... lots of ifs!)

IF Rafa wins tomorrow, he will be 45 ahead of Djokovic; by Wimbledon he will be 65 ahead as Djokovoc will lose 20 from Queens, if not a greater margin if he plays Queens, as at the moment his 2010 Queens points are uncounted in his tally.

It seems likely that Rafa will need to win Wimbledon again to hold Djoko off. That may be a big ask, but if he DOES win tomorrow I think it will give him a big confidence boost which may steady his nerves and game, and he will have the mental edge over Federer and Murray in Wimbledon, as well as knowing Djoko is beatable.

If Rafa does hold Wimbledon, in order to gain on him Djoko will need to better his semifinal from last year, and that would mean going through Murray or Federer, both of whom are more comfortable with grass than he is and both of whom have tested him recently....
..which could see Rafa emerging from Wimbledon still 65 ahead.
Come August 8th Rafa should get his 500 points from Barcelona when his 0 pointer drops off leaving him 565+.

Then we arrive at the N.American hard court Masters, where Rafa and Djokovic hold identical points in the 2 tournaments 180 and 360...so there it's a question of who goes deepest - but for the first time in a while Rafa will be able to gain points

Which brings us to the US Open! Yes Rafa has to defend the title, but Djoko has Finalist points to defend... and after that the Autumn, where Rafa has less to defend.

By 2012 Djoko will have a bucketload of points to defend and Rafa can only gain in all but MC and Barcelona.....before next years RG...
what think you?

Talatonian

Back to top Go down

Post by erictheblueuk Sat 04 Jun 2011, 8:53 pm

Should be ok, the pressure's off now.
erictheblueuk
erictheblueuk

Back to top Go down

Post by yummymummy Sat 04 Jun 2011, 8:55 pm

It's all in a days work at the Office for these players !

Win one - Lose one - Win another 40 !!!

The game goes on dunnit?

yummymummy

Back to top Go down

Post by FedsFan Sat 04 Jun 2011, 9:34 pm

The old Djokovic emerged yesterday in my opinion at the start of the match and before the invincible Djokovic turned up 2 sets were done and dusted. I think that's where it went wrong for him. I don't think he expected Federer to play as well he did or come out of the blocks as quick as he did and keep attacking.

After 42 wins especially 4 consecutive ones against Nadal you start to think you cannot lose to a player like Federer who is not playing his best. At the end of the day I am sure he himself was surprised he was on that streak and bases on the law of probabilities a loss was going to happen.

Cannot understand the story about the injury and pulling out of Queens. He didn't seem injured when he played Gasquet and after that he ahd 5 days off and I didn't notice him injuring himself during the match.

I'm sure he'll bounce back though.

FedsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Talatonian Sat 04 Jun 2011, 9:39 pm

Re Queens - I tihnk there are wounds to lick

Talatonian

Back to top Go down

Post by ebar86 Sun 05 Jun 2011, 4:00 am

if i remember well wht i'd learnt,,muscle tear or muscle strain doesnt cause u limping,,
its just words by reporters.

in fact we all hav muscle strain here n there while playing but we do not know it because we're not professional,,n nobody cares about it
but they are professionals,,when they felt something is wrong in their bodies,,rest is better choice

ebar86

Back to top Go down

Post by Sidespin Sun 05 Jun 2011, 4:46 am

Socal - I agree with your assessment of Novak's situation. He was extremely affected by the circumstances which affected the result. Fognini deserves to be disciplined for denying Novak the opportunity to beat a journeyman to secure the record.
You also forgot to mention that Novak was also struggling with a fungal infection on his right toenail, preventing him from lunging effectively out to the forehand. Also, he ate a rice pudding the night before which was giving him unusual flatulence that day, affecting his service motion, and also his horoscope said that change was in the air and he was about to meet a tall, dark man he had met before.
If sarcasm doesn't work, Novak actually played well in the first set and the latter part of the second.
These kind of diatribes should have been left in 606.

Sidespin

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sun 05 Jun 2011, 5:44 am

Sidespin, if fognini shows up and plays in two weeks he should be investigated and examined. Murray was hurt and played, Novak had an injury he played. And in those first two sets he was definetly affected by the layoff, it wasn't the only factor Fed's play and the pressure of #1 and the streak were obviously involved. But once he got his timing back he was a different man in sets 3 and 4. Your sarcasm isn't funny, but what is clear is that if Fognini shows up in 2 weeks then a fraund has been perpetuated on the sport of tennis, and quite frankly in my mind its a black eye for the sport of tennis how one unscrupulous coward cared so little about the tournament, about sportsmanship, or the history of the game. Its you opinion this is a diatribe, because if Fognini wasn't really that injured then it is a taint on the entire tournament and game. And personally I will view as such forever, in my mind this will be the tainted french open of 2011.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Talatonian Sun 05 Jun 2011, 7:15 pm

And how will Djokovic react to Rafa's 10th title, sweeping aside the man who stopped his streak and going into Wimbledon without a Queens warm up?

Talatonian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next