The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DeGale v Eubank Sr

+6
horizontalhero
Nico the gman
TopHat24/7
Hammersmith harrier
milkyboy
Kareem61
10 posters

Go down

DeGale v Eubank Sr Empty DeGale v Eubank Sr

Post by Kareem61 Sat 11 Jun 2016, 1:50 pm

It seems there is some bad blood between current IBF Super middle champion James DeGale and former WBO champion Chris Eubank. Whilst it's more than likely that this is both camps creating a bit of media hype/interest, it did get me thinking about who would win a hypothetical matchup. Personally I've never warmed to DeGale, I think he is lazy in the ring and doesn't carry power in his shots so its my opinion that Eubank would stop him late. Any thoughts?

Kareem61

Back to top Go down

DeGale v Eubank Sr Empty Re: DeGale v Eubank Sr

Post by milkyboy Sat 11 Jun 2016, 2:11 pm

Eubank could be lazy too... Depends how motivated he was... And no obvious signs that degale is chinny.

Don't like chunky so I'd like to imagine 'English' sparking him but I truth I think it's likely to be a close points affair.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 11 Jun 2016, 2:13 pm

Degale has good power in the first few rounds not that he'd make a dent in Eubank either way, would be a turgid fight going to whoever decided to work that little bit harder.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 13 Jun 2016, 2:49 pm

Jr is yet to show that he's much more than a crude, if athletic, slugger.

Whilst I don't like DeGold, he's well conditioned and has a good chin therefore I fail to see why it wouldn't be a repeat of the BJS show thanks to his amateur pedigree - Jr picking up points when DeGold gets lazy, in the same way he only picked up points when BJS was gassing.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Jun 2016, 2:56 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Jr is yet to show that he's much more than a crude, if athletic, slugger.

Whilst I don't like DeGold, he's well conditioned and has a good chin therefore I fail to see why it wouldn't be a repeat of the BJS show thanks to his amateur pedigree - Jr picking up points when DeGold gets lazy, in the same way he only picked up points when BJS was gassing.
Toppy, it's Chunky vs Eubank Snr

For the record, I agree it's a stinker of a fight and DeGale steals it as Eubank only ever seemed to turn it on when up against it and there's nothing to suggest DeGale has Eubank in trouble at any stage so he doesn't feel the need to get out of 2nd gear whilst his trainer screams obscenities at him

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 13 Jun 2016, 3:12 pm

Lol sorry, misread. Though there has been plenty of Twitter beef between Jr and JDG also.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Mon 13 Jun 2016, 4:53 pm

Degale v Eubank, DeGale wins the 1st 4 rounds then both fighters coast through the next 8 boring the public to death, a DeGale win with Eubank sighting an injustice, the judges failing to give him any points for his posing.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Mon 13 Jun 2016, 5:30 pm

Eubank never looked comfortable having to go looking for an opponent- tended to be at his best when the other guys took the fight to him- Benn 1, and Wharton being his two best outings IMHO. If Degale fights off the back foot he builds a comfortable lead, but puts himself at risk when lazing on the ropes, and when Eubank did turn it on he could punch a bit. I'd hedge towards Degale winning a close fight, that would be a better one than most of you seem to think it would.

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Jun 2016, 5:55 pm

You give them far more credit than they deserve, mate, it would be a stinker. DeGale is one boring f*cker and Eubank's thrillers were thrillers because he fought guys who made him bring his A-game...Chunky certainly aint one of those. Absolutely horrible fight that would make us all misty eyed for the return of Johnny Nelson

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sat 18 Jun 2016, 1:42 am

If we are talking back when Eubank was good, then it would have been a very hard fight for Degale, but would have been good to watch...

If we are talking Now?, Degale would spank him, and would have probably done so in Eubanks last couple fights as well..

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 20 Jul 2016, 5:54 pm

tunes666 wrote:If we are talking back when Eubank was good, then it would have been a very hard fight for Degale, but would have been good to watch...

If we are talking Now?, Degale would spank him, and would have probably done so in Eubanks last couple fights as well..

When he went life and death with "Cruiserweight" Thompson twice you mean ???

Bit of a stretch to say Degale spanks Eubank when he barely spanked perennial loser Bute...Struggled with Groves too..

I think Watson, Benn and Eubank would have beaten Degale.......Would be hard fights as Degale is a slippy southpaw.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 21 Jul 2016, 9:55 am

Prime Eubank vs Degale? I pick Eubank to win quite easily.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sun 24 Jul 2016, 1:55 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
tunes666 wrote:If we are talking back when Eubank was good, then it would have been a very hard fight for Degale, but would have been good to watch...

When he went life and death with "Cruiserweight" Thompson twice you mean ???

Bit of a stretch to say Degale spanks Eubank when he barely spanked perennial loser Bute...Struggled with Groves too..

I think Watson, Benn and Eubank would have beaten Degale.......Would be hard fights as Degale is a slippy southpaw.....

If Eubank came out of retirement and fought him now, he would be spanked. if they fought towards the end of Eubanks career I still think Degale would have beat him, Carl Thompson was no better than Degale IMO. As for in Eubank in his prime... would have been a very hard fight for Degale but I would give him a chance... Eubank was very good but not THAT good.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Wed 27 Jul 2016, 10:56 pm

Would Degale beat Haye at any point in his career. No.

Eubank fought a cruiserweight in Thompson. Eubank points in chess match for purists.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down