The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SURREY VS NOTTINGHAMSHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

+6
kingdaveeagle
Corporalhumblebucket
Good Golly I'm Olly
guildfordbat
James100
jimbobgooner
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

SURREY VS NOTTINGHAMSHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP  - Page 2 Empty SURREY VS NOTTINGHAMSHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by jimbobgooner Sat 18 Jun 2016, 6:04 pm

First topic message reminder :

SURREY HAVE NAMED A FOURTEEN MAN SQUAD FOR THE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP GAME AGAINST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE STARTING ON SUNDAY AT THE KIA OVAL.
Jason Roy is unavailable for selection having joined up with the England squad for the upcoming One Day and T20 Series against Sri Lanka. Sam Curran is unavailable for selection due to his school commitments and Matthew Pillans is unavailable due to illness.
Jade Dernbach,Matthew Dunn,and Mark Footitt keep Pillans company on the table.
On the plus side Dominic Sibley returns from injury and Gary Wilson returns from international duty.
The Surrey squad to play Nottinghamshire in the Specsavers County Championship at the Kia Oval on Sunday 19th June, Monday 20th June, Tuesday 21st June and Wednesday 22nd June:
Gareth Batty (capt)
Zafar Ansari
James Burke
Rory Burns
Tom Curran
Steven Davies
Ben Foakes
Arun Harinath
Aneesh Kapil
Stuart Meaker
Ravi Rampaul
Kumar Sangakkara
Dominic Sibley
Gary Wilson
Do we go with 3 quicks or 4 is the dilemma? if 3 kapil Burke and wilson to miss out if 4 Kapil,Sibley and wilson, for me tough to call this one
over to you chaps thumbsup

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS NOTTINGHAMSHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP  - Page 2 Empty Re: SURREY VS NOTTINGHAMSHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by guildfordbat Mon 20 Jun 2016, 4:43 pm

323 all out. Assuming the weather and the light stay ok, I think that means we'll get 24 overs at Notts tonight. Minimum of 2 wickets wanted ....

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS NOTTINGHAMSHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP  - Page 2 Empty Re: SURREY VS NOTTINGHAMSHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 20 Jun 2016, 4:46 pm

323 all out a very good recovery from where we were - lower order doing a sterling job yet again. Means we have a shot if we bowl well
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 20 Jun 2016, 5:58 pm

50/1 off 16 overs, another wicket for Rampaul. Cricinfo show 11 overs left although I suspect it's only 8 (don't think they made an adjustment for the change of innings). Whatever, we need 1 more tonight ....

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 20 Jun 2016, 6:01 pm

And with that, Olly's boy Zaf gets Mullaney in the 17th. 50/2 now, good position for us ....

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 20 Jun 2016, 6:19 pm

Church tweeted out the dismissal of Mullaney - a lot of turn for Zaf, encouraging signs for us
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 20 Jun 2016, 6:46 pm

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:Church tweeted out the dismissal of Mullaney - a lot of turn for Zaf, encouraging signs for us

Irritating then that Batty didn't bowl himself tonight.

82/2 at stumps. Looks in the balance.

I would guess a lot of credit today goes to the ground staff and the drainage system - getting a session in towards the end has moved things on usefully for both sides and maintained the possibility of a positive result.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 21 Jun 2016, 11:14 am

Ravioli gets Taylor LBW - 95-3
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue 21 Jun 2016, 11:55 am

Wkt for TC

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue 21 Jun 2016, 12:11 pm

Patel Run out

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue 21 Jun 2016, 12:17 pm

Batty strikes 6 down

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Tue 21 Jun 2016, 12:20 pm

Follow on beckons!

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue 21 Jun 2016, 12:23 pm

Morning folks. Had hoped to get along today but sadly not possible. Anyway, a good start.

Goochie - still waiting for your 'Get Carter' comment! Wink

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue 21 Jun 2016, 12:40 pm

Batty again 7 down

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Tue 21 Jun 2016, 12:45 pm

guildfordbat wrote:Morning folks. Had hoped to get along today but sadly not possible. Anyway, a good start.

Goochie - still waiting for your 'Get Carter' comment! Wink

Carter at the wicket now - Hopefully he's a big man, but he's out of shape!

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue 21 Jun 2016, 12:57 pm

Batty gets Carter

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Tue 21 Jun 2016, 12:57 pm

Got Carter!

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Tue 21 Jun 2016, 12:59 pm

Need the (Surrey) Lions to get Christian now

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue 21 Jun 2016, 1:00 pm

Meaker strikes 9 down

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 21 Jun 2016, 1:01 pm

Meaker bowls Ball

An exceptional morning session for Surrey
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue 21 Jun 2016, 1:06 pm

thegooch7 wrote:Need the (Surrey) Lions to get Christian now

Excellent effort there and before, Goochie. Very Happy

Cracking morning for Surrey - King Dave won't know what to say! Wink Assume we've got the extra half-hour to get the 10th before lunch - be surprised if Gurney can see off Meaks. Heard on a couple of grapevines that he was bowling very fast last night.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue 21 Jun 2016, 1:07 pm

Batty gets the last wkt Nottinghamshire 182 all out what a session clap clap clap

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue 21 Jun 2016, 1:14 pm

Gurney lasted even less longer than I expected and actually falls to Batty. Based purely on a quick glance at cricinfo, seems like an excellent team bowling performance.

Important to bat sensibly in the middle session today - no point being 40/3 off 7 overs. Any fireworks can be saved for after tea. Ideally, get 360 ahead and then declare to give them 5 or 6 overs tonight. Easy from here! Very Happy

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by James100 Tue 21 Jun 2016, 1:27 pm

Just checked the score—very pleasantly surprised! Shame to not get the follow on, but hopefully we can rack up a load of runs today and then have all of tomorrow (and a possible half hour tonight) to bowl them out. The bowling attack looks a lot better with players back from injury and without having to play Pillans as an opening seamer.

James100

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Tue 21 Jun 2016, 1:35 pm

Well played Surrey this morning - great session. clap clap   We have of course been here before (against Somerset) where a horrendously anaemic batting performance in second innings let the opposition right back in the game. Hope to see some sensible, but positive batting from more of our top order this time....

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue 21 Jun 2016, 2:32 pm

20/0 off 10. Will obviously need to step it up in due course but no problem with that now.

At risk of wanting my cake and eating it, it'll be good if we can hit young Carter about soon after he comes on although without incurring too many risks. Good for us to dent his confidence early on and hopefully remove the threat of spin at both ends. Notts could then struggle trying to juggle 3 seamers to presumably partner Patel.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Tue 21 Jun 2016, 2:44 pm

29 - 0 off 15 overs. Sedate start, but much better that than a headless collapse!  Lead 170.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue 21 Jun 2016, 3:06 pm

50 partnership clap

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 21 Jun 2016, 3:45 pm

Lead is at 235 at tea

Would like to see us get to a lead of say 380-400 and declare with three/four overs left in the day
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue 21 Jun 2016, 3:46 pm

Laugh

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Tue 21 Jun 2016, 3:57 pm

Solid afternoon's play.  Minimum 31 overs left, so will be pushing it considerably to declare before close of play.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 21 Jun 2016, 4:01 pm

Corporalhumblebucket wrote:Solid afternoon's play.  Minimum 31 overs left, so will be pushing it considerably to declare before close of play.

Unfortunately our place in the table dictates that we need to push it and take some risks to pickup a win. Home draws not really gonna be enough to keep us afloat
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Tue 21 Jun 2016, 4:44 pm

140 - 1 with 21 overs left.  Lead 281. Surrey accelerating nicely at the moment.

Last edited by Corporalhumblebucket on Tue 21 Jun 2016, 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue 21 Jun 2016, 4:44 pm

270 ahead. 9 wickets remaining. 22 overs left today (less 2 if we declare before stumps).

All things possible. I would look to try and biff another 100 off 16, then declare and give 'em 4 tonight. However, easier to type ''biff'' than actually do it after an understandable measured start to our second dig. I wouldn't be surprised to see us bat to close today.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue 21 Jun 2016, 4:44 pm

The players ignoring you olly Laugh

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Tue 21 Jun 2016, 4:52 pm

The Baron plays out a maiden. Wink

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 21 Jun 2016, 4:53 pm

When we have Notts 8 down tomorrow at the close of play...I'll say I told you so... Wink
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Tue 21 Jun 2016, 5:06 pm

The Baron has scored 7 off the last 21 balls.  Could do with giving more of the strike to Sanga - except that Sanga is now out for 49.

But in comes Harold Wilson - who I'm sure will save the day for Olly... Very Happy

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue 21 Jun 2016, 5:07 pm

Wilson to the crease olly will be delighted Very Happy

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Tue 21 Jun 2016, 5:14 pm

Wilson 0 runs off 10 balls so far.  Erm

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Tue 21 Jun 2016, 5:18 pm

Apart from 4 leg byes only a single scored off last three overs.  Come on guys!

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Tue 21 Jun 2016, 5:19 pm

Wilson off the mark with a single from his 13th ball. Yahoo

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 21 Jun 2016, 5:22 pm

Just not good match awareness - doesn't have to be big boundaries, just ticking over the strike, four singles an over with the odd boundary is what we need
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 21 Jun 2016, 5:26 pm

Wilson out for 2 off 18 balls

He's just not good enough I'm afraid
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue 21 Jun 2016, 5:28 pm

Wilson goes for a well made 2 Whistle

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue 21 Jun 2016, 5:30 pm

Davies isn't messing around Shocked

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Tue 21 Jun 2016, 5:32 pm

Davies onto the case. That's more like it. Lead 314 with 10 overs to go.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue 21 Jun 2016, 5:44 pm

Harinath goes for 83 clap

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 21 Jun 2016, 5:45 pm

Great knock by the Baron again - unlucky to fall short of three figures
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Tue 21 Jun 2016, 5:50 pm

Lead 343 with 6 overs to go.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue 21 Jun 2016, 5:54 pm

Lead goes past 350 clap

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next