The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season 9 Homepage

+8
Steven_Sharks
Driver
SirJohnnyEnglish
prop_lyd
ChequeredJersey
Sgt_Pooly
BamBam
Fluxy
12 posters

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

Season 9 Homepage - Page 9 Empty Season 9 Homepage

Post by Fluxy Sat 13 Aug - 14:13

First topic message reminder :

Season 9 Homepage - Page 9 Aviva+Premiership+Logo
Breaking News: Newcastle Falcons continue to chase down leaders Sale Sharks, whilst Wasps defeat Tigers to climb away from the relegation battle.

Season 9 Homepage - Page 9 Aviva-Premiership-Trophy-e1306508139154

2015/2016 - Sale Sharks
2014/2015 – London Wasps
2013/2014 – London Wasps
2012/2013 – Leicester Tigers 
2011/2012 – Newcastle Falcons 
2010/2011 - Newcastle Falcons 
2009/2010 – Saracens 
2008/2009 - London Irish

POSAviva PremiershipPLAYEDWONDREWLOSTP FP AP DT FT ATBPLBPPOINTS
1Season 9 Homepage - Page 9 12Sale Sharks*1311113713155644325151
2Season 9 Homepage - Page 9 8Newcastle Falcons    1311023473074038312248
3Season 9 Homepage - Page 9 9Northampton Saints139133713244744345346
4Season 9 Homepage - Page 9 7Harlequins138143573292841353441
5Season 9 Homepage - Page 9 11Saracens*138233323092337302340
6Season 9 Homepage - Page 9 48Exeter Chiefs *13508316338-2229380827
7Season 9 Homepage - Page 9 25Bristol Rugby13418313341-2833360826
8Season 9 Homepage - Page 9 4Leicester Tigers13427310336-2630370626
9Season 9 Homepage - Page 9 2Gloucester13409321333-1332310824
10Season 9 Homepage - Page 9 6Wasps**13427314354-4036362424
11Season 9 Homepage - Page 9 57Worcester Warriors 133010311336-25293401022
12Season 9 Homepage - Page 9 1Bath Rugby***132011304342-38283801015

Links
Welcome to Season 8 of the Aviva Premiership fantasy rugby game.  Below are the rules of the game which must be adhered to.  If there are any situations that arise in the course of the game which are not covered by the rules, a final decision will be made by the RFU (Fluxy) as to how the situation will be resolved.

Senior Squads wrote:
The maximum squad size is 40 senior players.  If a team has more than 40 players in their squad then they will be fined £1 million per player over the permitted amounts per day for the first seven days. If after 7 consecutive days a team still has more than the permitted number of players then the team will be fined £2 million per player per day, and fined 1 league point per player per day for the next seven days. If after this time a team still has more than the permitted number of players in their squad, the RFU (Fluxy) will remove players at its discretion to bring them back under the permitted numbers. There will be no right of appeal to players being removed.

Be aware that all tier one international matches which are played during the season will count in the game, and players selected in the match day 23's for those matches will not be eligible to play for their clubs on that weekend, therefore you must give due consideration to the make-up of your squad.
Academy Rules wrote:
Each team will be allowed to have an academy squad of 23 players.  Players who are in the academy must be born on or after 1st September 1994. 

Any player, who is at any Premiership club in real life, either in their senior, academy or AASE squads, can be bid for on the domestic bidding page. Players who are at your own club in real life and are coming through the academy system must be bid for if you want them in your own academy.
Transfers wrote:

• Domestic (other AP Teams)
    Each team has a budget to use in the purchase of players. Domestic transfers between AP clubs, regardless of nationality of player, should be negotiated between the respective managers, and then confirmed on the Domestic Transfer Confirmation Page.
  • Domestic (Championship and below)
    Each team may during the season purchase no more than 5 players from the Championship or the National Leagues. Worcester Warriors & London Wasps will receive two additional bids to be used exclusively on academy age players. These players must be bid for on the National League Bidding page, and each bid will be considered by the RFU on its own merits before being accepted or rejected.  No bid will be accepted until a minimum of 24 hours has elapsed from the time the bid was made, in order to afford other managers the opportunity to make a counter bid.
  • Foreign
    To make a foreign transfer (i.e. from any club outside of the AP, regardless of whether the player is English) a bid should be made by sending a PM to the RFU (Fluxy) and it will be considered by the RFU against the posted guidelines for purchase prices before being accepted or rejected. No bid will be accepted until a minimum of 24 hours has elapsed from the time the bid was made, in order to afford other managers the opportunity to make a counter bid.

There will be a summer foreign transfer window, which will run as follows.

Round Bidding 

Open Bidding

Player Releases wrote:
Managers may choose to release players from their clubs, for which they will be offered compensation

Compensation will be paid as follows

£2 million – current international (must have played international rugby in the previous 12 months)
£1.5 million – former international
£1m – top flight experience
£0.5m – other

All released players will be deemed to have joined a Championship side and can be bid for on the National League Bidding page.
Retirements wrote:
There will be no compensation for retiring players. Should a player who retires decide to come out of retirement and play again, then he will automatically go back to the club who he was playing for in the game when he retired.
Fixtures wrote:
There will be 22 Aviva Premiership games per season, plus the play offs. There will also be European Rugby Champions Cup, European Rugby Challenge Cup and Anglo Welsh Cup matches. These games will take place once a week. A match thread will be put up every Monday. Home teams must be named by midnight on Tuesday. Away teams must be named by midnight on Wednesday. Failure to meet these deadlines is punishable by the addition of three match points to the oppositions final score, unless both sides fail to do so. Both teams must provide tactics by midnight on Thursday. Predictions will be open from 00:01 hours on Friday and remain open until 20:00 hours on Sunday. Managers will pm the scores that they think will happen from these games (apart from games in which they are involved). An average of all predictions will be taken, and then 0.5 points added to each teams score for each prediction that had them as the winner, and that will then be the final score.

Managers are asked to provide detail as to why they have predicted a result. To be considered a descriptive prediction this must be a full 3 lines long when entered into the text box. 
Teams wrote:
When naming your team, not only should you put the starting XV and replacements, but also tactics that your team will employ. Results will be affected by the tactics described.

In addition, each team must have the following:-

For domestic competition at least 8 England qualified players in your match day 23, and at least 4 of those must be in your starting XV.

For European competition at least 8 England qualified players in your match day 23, and at least 6 of those must be in your starting XV.

At least 2 props and 1 hooker on the bench.

All players must be eligible (not injured or banned).

Failure to comply with these rules will result in a 1 league point deduction.

If you fail to submit a team for a match, then the other team will be automatically awarded a 30-0 bonus point win. If both teams fail to submit a team, then it will be scored as a 0-0 draw.
Injuries and Suspensions wrote:
Injuries in this game do NOT reflect real life, they will be generated by me.

Players banned in real life will be ineligible for selection in this game for the duration of the ban.

Inclusion of injured/banned players will result in them being replaced by players on the bench, and the bench not having eight players, which may result in punishment if it concerns the front-row.

Punishment for fielding an ineligible player will be loss of one match point.
Financial Rewards wrote:
There will be no rewards for the result of an individual match, instead the managers will receive cash for predicting.

£2m for descriptive predictions 
£0.25m for scores on the doors predictions
Bonuses will be awarded on a scaled basis i.e. £2m for 5 games, £1.6m for 4 games and so on
If you fail to predict without first advising me that you are unable to do so that week, you will be fined £1m for a first offence, £2m for a second offence, £3m for a third offence etc upto a maximum of £5m per fine.

AP finishing positions.

Champions: £8m
Runners Up: £6m
Playoff Semi Finalist Losers: £5m
5th: £4m
6th: £3.5m
7th: £3m
8th: £2.5m
9th: £2m
10th: £1.5m
11th: £1m
12th: £0.5m

Heineken Cup

Losing Quarter Finalists - £2 million each
Losing Semi Finalists - £3 million each
Runners Up - £4 million
Champions - £5 million

Amlin Challenge Cup

Losing Quarter Finalists - £1 million each
Losing Semi Finalists - £2 million each
Runners Up - £3 million
Champions - £4 million

Anglo-Welsh Cup

Losing Semi Finalist - £1 million each
Runners Up - £2 million
Champions - £3 million

If your budgets falls below minus £10 million for any reason, the administrators (Fluxy) will step in and players from within your squad will be released for the relevant financial compensation (foreign transfer value) in order to bring your budget back above minus £10 million.

Last edited by Fluxy on Thu 26 Jan - 15:52; edited 30 times in total

Fluxy
Aviva Premiership Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Season 9 Homepage - Page 9 Empty Re: Season 9 Homepage

Post by BamBam Thu 20 Oct - 11:15

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 20 Oct - 11:33

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Thu 20 Oct - 19:18

Does anyone have a loosehead available at all?

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 20 Oct - 19:51

For loan or trade?

Does anyone have Joey Carbery in their academy yet?
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 20 Oct - 19:59

Or James Davies?
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Thu 20 Oct - 20:06

Don't think Carbery is in any squads mate, but I have James Davies.

LH either for loan or trade.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Thu 20 Oct - 23:36

Will update the threads in the morning lads. So you have up until 0900 or so for tactics.

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Oct - 23:16

Just watched sale vs Toulon

Toulon a faded force and not what they were. That pack vermaulen and guirado aside no longer frightens.

Always going to win tonight but sale did well despite them needing
More quality in key positions like 8, 9,10,15

All good club players but not at a higher level. Sale
My second team and I think Diamond does a great job. Well organised and always involve youth. Sale
Are a great example

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 22 Oct - 8:52

Aus unlucky not to get that try, Savea was nowhere near catching him.

Not done any deals for a while....who's in?

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 22 Oct - 9:07

Todd has been impressive. Seems to have nailed the backup 7 spot with Savea not quite taking to Int rugby yet, adds a lot to the breakdown.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Oct - 9:16

Ausstralia been great so far.
Timani had a great game.

Both Aussie locks been decent also

Barrett's worst game in an all
Black shirt. Hauled off after 50. Says more for Aussie pack and breakdown as he got pressured. As great a player as he is they will
Lose a game due to his goal kicking sooner or later. Hopefully that game is against the lions next year

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sat 22 Oct - 18:30

away this weekend. Won't be able to predict.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Mon 24 Oct - 9:15

Morning gents, 

You have until around 1200, to get predictions in as I catch up at work this morning.

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Mon 24 Oct - 17:23

Lads, 

I've updated the pools for the Champions Cup, will do Challenge Cup tomorrow, along with conditions for this weeks fixtures OK

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Mon 24 Oct - 17:26

Great effort Flux

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Mon 24 Oct - 21:08

With all our no7s dropping like flies who does everyone think will play for England there? Might be a little Wasps' bias but Guy Thompson's got to be worth a shot, he's been so good this season, great ball carrier and defender too.

Only other guy I've been impressed with this season is Brendon O'Connor, thought he was good again for Tigers this weekend, genuine no7 too. Don't think Jones like that though and can see him opting for Dave Ewers (if he isn't injured).

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Tue 25 Oct - 3:21

Think Thompson is an ok shout. Chisholm may be in the mix, but a bit too soon for me. Now even Kvesic has a chance by default!
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 25 Oct - 5:28

Shall I run with Wasps whilst Driver is awol?

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Tue 25 Oct - 8:56

Sgt_Pooly wrote:Shall I run with Wasps whilst Driver is awol?

It's alright mate, I messaged him. He stated he would be around to the end of the season, I'm just going to help him out.

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue 25 Oct - 9:06

dammit_chris wrote:With all our no7s dropping like flies who does everyone think will play for England there? Might be a little Wasps' bias but Guy Thompson's got to be worth a shot, he's been so good this season, great ball carrier and defender too.

Only other guy I've been impressed with this season is Brendon O'Connor, thought he was good again for Tigers this weekend, genuine no7 too. Don't think Jones like that though and can see him opting for Dave Ewers (if he isn't injured).

Thompson would do a job, not a long term option but could fill in for this current crisis

Not sure on BOC, was expecting more from him, seems to like being out on the wing a bit too much for my liking!!

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Tue 25 Oct - 9:33

Agree with you on Thompson there Bam, he's been one of the best backrowers this season in the AP but has limitations too.

BOC has started to step up a bit in last few weeks, but very much a SH openside with his link play and breakdown work. Cant see Jones picking him though.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 25 Oct - 9:40

It looks like we'll be going like this, dependent on more injuries of course....

1. Mako
2. Hartley/George
3. Cole
4. Launchbury
5. Lawes
6. Robshaw
7. Hughes
8. Vuinipola

Hughes obviously the big call, I'm unsure on it. He's upped his work rate hugely this season but I think it's affected the rest of his game. He's been hitting close to 20 tackles in some games but I think his carrying has dropped off a touch(obviously i's going to).

On the plus, there's some serious carrying options in that pack, I can't think of us having that many in a long time. Plenty of work around the park with Robshaw, Lawes and Launchbury too.....it could be quite exciting!

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Tue 25 Oct - 9:56

I can't help but think that Hughes just racks up the tackles being stood in the guard position and being forced to make the tackle!
It is a decent pack to be fair with Hughes, I would want to see someone like Harrison off the bench, just to provide some energy and run the legs off the Saffas, or whoever at the end of the game.

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 25 Oct - 10:07

Fluxy wrote:I can't help but think that Hughes just racks up the tackles being stood in the guard position and being forced to make the tackle!
It is a decent pack to be fair with Hughes, I would want to see someone like Harrison off the bench, just to provide some energy and run the legs off the Saffas, or whoever at the end of the game.

Possibly Flux, but he's went from 6/7 tackles to 15+ this season, something has changed.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Tue 25 Oct - 10:07

I get the impression Hughes is trying too hard at the moment, just needs to go back to what he was doing 6 months ago. Against Toulouse he would go from doing a great run to making a silly error or offload.

One thing that he has struggled to do is get into games where opposition mark him out, Sarries just put Billy Vunipola on him all game and just took away any impact and Zebre did similar by doubling up in the tackle. But that tends to allow others into the game and give them more space.

I don't think he's that far away from finding good form again, been signs of it over last few weeks - since the Quins game. Could be very, very good option if moved away from the extra responsibility at no8 at international level.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue 25 Oct - 10:17

Thoughts on playing RC players this week?

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 25 Oct - 10:28

I wouldn't play Aus or NZ players Bam personally.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Tue 25 Oct - 10:34

anyone know if Parisse is back from his ban yet or not?

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Tue 25 Oct - 10:40

Same as Pooly for me Bam. I'm only likely to bring McMahon in who was injured for the last two rounds

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue 25 Oct - 10:42

Was thinking the same, will stick to that

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Tue 25 Oct - 11:20

I'm starting Slipper who didn't play last round
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Tue 25 Oct - 12:19

So Ashton has signed for Toulon next season!

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Tue 25 Oct - 14:44

Afternoon Lads,

Sorry for inactivity over the last three weeks, I'v been mega busy.

I won't be continuing past this season due too having a dwindling interest in rugby in general and i'v only watched about 4 games this season if i'm honest. I think that continueing for the time being will allow Fluxy or one of yourselves too find a replacement.

thumbsup
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Wed 26 Oct - 20:04

Incredible Fabiani only got 9 weeks for his bite!

http://www.planetrugby.com/news/nine-week-ban-for-fabiani/

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Thu 27 Oct - 16:55

Anyone have an academy LH i could loan during the AIs please?

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 27 Oct - 17:20

James Page?

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by pullthestrings Fri 28 Oct - 12:34

Driver wrote:Afternoon Lads,

Sorry for inactivity over the last three weeks, I'v been mega busy.

I won't be continuing past this season due too having a dwindling interest in rugby in general and i'v only watched about 4 games this season if i'm honest. I think that continueing for the time being will allow Fluxy or one of yourselves too find a replacement.

thumbsup

I would be interested in taking over thumbsup

pullthestrings

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 28 Oct - 13:16

Long time Pull.

I'm pretty sure Driver would step aside now if u put wanted to take over.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Fri 28 Oct - 13:36

Hello mate!

If Driver is happy to do some sort of takeover from yourself Pull, would be happy to have you back on board OK

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 28 Oct - 13:55

dammit_chris wrote:Anyone have an academy LH i could loan during the AIs please?

I want to see how much I need my own, first! Kind of hope Tonga don't pick Uhila
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 28 Oct - 13:58

If Uhila is still available to me, I suspect I can loan you someone
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Fri 28 Oct - 14:40

More than happy too let you take over Pull.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Fri 28 Oct - 15:10

Cheers CJ, Bam. Just realised that Samoa aren't playing during the AIs so I've got one LH available for me at least!

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Fri 28 Oct - 16:43

Driver wrote:More than happy too let you take over Pull.

Thanks for your time at Wasps mate, you've helped keep the side going! 

Don't be stranger on here either  thumbsup

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by pullthestrings Fri 28 Oct - 22:29

OK, can do. Obviously I know the general idea of this but can someone just run me through the weekly schedule?

Anything out of the ordinary I should know?

pullthestrings

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Oct - 22:40

Just leaving game.

Glos good performance. That picamoles try never a try.

Superb offload for the winner.

We are so inconsistent. Were awful last week to point of desperation yet beat sale away and close today. Away form used to be the issue now it's home form.

Ben Morgan, Kvesic and Hook confirmed leaving at end of season. Add In laidlaw going and you have crisis. Hibbard off also but no loss as
He is so unfit. Great for 30 minutes but leaves gaps and throwing in is utter tosh. He was however our best player tonight but it's rare. Also That said we
Have awful back
Up.

Kvesic been woeful this year for
Some reason

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Oct - 23:15

Great article

Such low pay

17 years ago I used to get 12k a year to train 2 times a week and play Saturday in national 1. Had a good job also so it was gravy on top

These guys are full time for buttons.

Listened to Kevin sinfield on radio and apparently average super league salary 31k. Whilst super league is dross paying that low I am amazed the guys play. League is a tough game physically

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Sat 29 Oct - 13:13

pullthestrings wrote:OK, can do. Obviously I know the general idea of this but can someone just run me through the weekly schedule?

Anything out of the ordinary I should know?

Hi mate, welcome aboard! Get your page up and go from there

Home teams in by midnight Tuesday
Away teams in by midnight Wednesday
Tactics by midnight Thursday
Predos open Friday - Sunday, usually get results on a Monday

Other than that just ask as you go along, the rules at the top of this thread are pretty comprehensive though!

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 29 Oct - 13:56

Just need to pick your team attributes which is new Pull. 2 defensive and 2 attacking.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Oct - 23:44

Sgt_Pooly wrote:Just need to pick your team attributes which is new Pull. 2 defensive and 2 attacking.

That's the difference. As a point does anyone take notice of these attributes ?

Personally I look at tactics but many say they don't do it's not a science.

Great to see Figallo back to his best. Still young for
A TH and taken ages to get back. No other club would have shown the patience.
Saracens get everything right. McCall must be some man:

Glos confirmed hook, Morgan Kvesic gone. Moriarty also in talks with French teams and Welsh ones. Been our best player all year by a distance with Scott also outstanding.

Moriarty young and a potential lion so think he will sign for Welsh club rather than French

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next