The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best Sledging

+2
Liam_Main
Gregers
6 posters

Go down

Best Sledging Empty Best Sledging

Post by Gregers Sun 05 Jun 2011, 8:45 pm

While not the nicest side of the sport, sledging will always remain a vital part of Cricket. So simply put what's the best sledging you've ever heard?

For me its back at school where our wicket keeper and slip used to ask the opposing batsmen about his favourite colour of jelly bean or the age old question Croquets or Chips?

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Best Sledging Empty Re: Best Sledging

Post by Liam_Main Sun 05 Jun 2011, 8:49 pm

Freddie Flintoff sledging the The West Indies-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xG9T0zNsQqw
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 Jun 2011, 8:51 pm

Quite similar to Freddie Flintoff against Tino Best in the timeless " Mind the Window's" moment.

Me and my skipper were in the slips, and this lad walked in and defended his first 12 balls, in a 20/20 match. For his 13th (and last) ball, we wittered "the cars are in no danger here son" to which he skipped down the track, cleared the rope and smashed the windscreen of a BMW!!!

Absolutely hilarious!

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Sun 05 Jun 2011, 9:00 pm

I remember playing school cricket a few years back against one of our rival teams,I bowled a wide delivery and the batter said "you'd be better of bowling underarm" The next delivery I bowled a yorker and took his middle stump out.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Mon 06 Jun 2011, 12:11 am

probably the funniest i've seen was Anderson and Johnson in the last ashes, just class.

involving me.... playing for the firsts a few years ago batting at 9, i came in eager to put a couple of the board but my partner was a bit slow out the blocks to say and he got run out, so it ended up with me and #11 batting together with 16 overs left and the opposition were like 'okay lads this youngen will only take a couple of balls, game was lost to us so i just blocked (taking most of the strike) for the remainder of the game, having 6 guys at least around the bat (to which i then smashed a 4 over them as to say i could if i wanted) and made them stay out in the field till the end of the game where they fell rather quiet for the rest Very Happy

not too bad or anything just failed sledging,

this past saturday actually this 16/17 year old couldnt touch one of our opening bowlers as he was moving it down a slope in the wicket and the guy played and missed a drive numerous times, to which i said to the guy next to me at cover 'huh this guy obviously hasn't got his license to drive yet' Smile

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Mon 06 Jun 2011, 8:00 am

"This fella must have washing powder on his bat... Cause it's all aerial."

Simply, simply awful.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Mon 06 Jun 2011, 9:35 am

I know that its an oldie but it still brings a smile to my face. During the infamous bodyline series in Australia, Jardine swats a fly away when someone in the crowd screams... Oi Jardine, leave our bloody flies alone.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Jun 2011, 1:25 pm

Another time when I've been playing, I had a bit of a torrid two overs where my radar was a bit off and was struggling to find my mine, leading to quite a few wides. The batsman, thinking he was immensely funny, starting showing his stumps to me and taking guard out side his off stump.

Words were exchanged as I got more and more fired up and led to me getting a short ball to rear up and crack him in the ribs whilst he was taking his guard, a bit of a staredown followed and the following ball, I cleared his stumps up, getting the ball to rear up again and he played on. Not really sledging as such but it was quite an intense few overs.

Back to top Go down

Post by gboycottnut Mon 06 Jun 2011, 11:09 pm

Eddo Brandes the Zimbabwe chicken farmer telling Glenn McGrath that his wife had been feeding him after McGrath had asked Brandes about his physical shape.

gboycottnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down