The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wales v Argentina

+25
beshocked
bedfordwelsh
Cardiff Dave
SecretFly
offload
Allty
majesticimperialman
Artful_Dodger
formerly known as Sam
wolfball
toml
stub
eirebilly
Shifty
Gwlad
exile jack
RiscaGame
irnbrew
PotNoodleMiner
rumpelstiltskindoh
Luckless Pedestrian
mckay1402
mikey_dragon
munkian
chris_501
29 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Wales v Argentina - Page 3 Empty Wales v Argentina

Post by chris_501 Thu 10 Nov - 11:09

First topic message reminder :

1.Jenkins (c)
2.Owens
3.Francis
4.Charteris
5.AW Jones
6. Warburton
7. Tipuric
8.Moriarty

9.G.Davies
10.Biggar
11.Li Williams
12.S.Williams
13.J.Davies
14.North
15.Halfpenny

16.Baldwin
17.Smith
18.Lee
19.Hill
20.King
21.Ll Williams
22.Anscombe
23.Roberts

My only bug bear is Halfpenny at 15 instead of Liam Williams and why is Gethin captain?

chris_501

Back to top Go down

Wales v Argentina - Page 3 Empty Re: Wales v Argentina

Post by wayne Mon 14 Nov - 16:29

Let me just say I was extremely disappointed in Dan's attitude over the Hernandez try, and the first up and under was also quite poor, but to leave it at that about his overall performance is quite poor form IMO. Let's not forget the break to set up one of the tries, the numerous excellent tackles that he was involved in, the few really good box kicks that he put in, and the number of raking touch finders of 40 to 50 metres that he put in. Overall (I know I'm biased) I thought Dan had a pretty good game, some were better than him and there were a decent number who were worse, and obviously the 2 people perhaps 3 (Howley normally backs coach, Sherrat (sp)the interim backs coach and Edwards defence coach) that would be concerned about his performance, thought it good enough not to replace him.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Nov - 17:38

I might have missed it Wayne, but I haven't seen anyone on here really criticising his general play against Argentina. We're criticising his constant back chat and arm waving. He's acting like a petulant child. Or a soccer player. Or both.

The whole team struggled to get the moves going so it wasn't just Bigggar. And like you said he did some lovey stuff. But the arm waving is inexcusable and just plain embarrassing.

I've called for Anscombe for the next game because we need to develop depth and see what a different type of 10 brings to our structure. That's not meant to be a criticism of Biggar, although I guess it might look that way. But the best thing for Wales would be if we had a number of 10s we could start with, all equally good and all pushing each other, and who perhaps bring different styles while all being consistent. That would be a dream.

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Mon 14 Nov - 18:17

Griff wrote:I might have missed it Wayne, but I haven't seen anyone on here really criticising his general play against Argentina. We're criticising his constant back chat and arm waving. He's acting like a petulant child. Or a soccer player. Or both.

The whole team struggled to get the moves going so it wasn't just Bigggar. And like you said he did some lovey stuff. But the arm waving is inexcusable and just plain embarrassing.

I've called for Anscombe for the next game because we need to develop depth and see what a different type of 10 brings to our structure. That's not meant to be a criticism of Biggar, although I guess it might look that way. But the best thing for Wales would be if we had a number of 10s we could start with, all equally good and all pushing each other, and who perhaps bring different styles while all being consistent. That would be a dream.

I'm not going to respond to the first 2 paragraphs Griff, because I've already said what he exhibited over the Hernandez try was inexcusable, sorry but constant back chat and arm waving, didn't see it. What I did see was Dan trying to lift our team when they were in a huddle, on a couple of occasions, this he has done with us (Ospreys) from his early days and since he has established himself in the Welsh setup.

As for your final paragraph couldn't agree more, I also would select Anscombe for the Japan game with Davies on the bench, we need a spine of experienced players with a spattering of the rest of the squad starting and the rest on the bench, strength in depth is what we should be developing.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue 15 Nov - 8:44

Well, the set pieces were a positive except for maybe the rolling maul. Not often we dominate the Pumas in the scrum, lineout went well too.
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed 16 Nov - 19:15

exile jack wrote:The only way that the WRU is going to address the current disastrous coaching set up around the Welsh team is if supporters vote with their feet.That appears to be happening as the gap between Wales and the leading Tier 1 Nations widens.I doubt anyone in the WRU asks themselves what other Tier1 Nations would regard Gatland,Howley and his team as even remotely preferable to their own or,more starkly,how many international rugby coaches would on fair analysis be rated above the Welsh regime(quite a lot).The fact that the Welsh coaches are meant to be working more closely with the PRW coaches is deeply worrying.If the WRU does indeed have a policy of home grown coaching talent it isn't working because Gatland has not surrounded himself with coaching excellence more like jobs for mates and mates of mates.Gatland himself reminds me of Harry Redknapp-never mind the results where's my money.Even during those dark days when Dallaglio's England were humiliating us I never thought of selling my Debenture but the current garbage being produced by the Welsh coaches is changing that.To give one example from Saturday's game-after 1m25secs the Welsh 10 attempted an attacking Garryowen from about halfway on the paddock,the kick went about 10m and a minute later Argentina took the lead.A second example in the 2nd half was when the Welsh 9 had a 4 on 3 overlap on the left and decided to kick the ball away.The Welsh coaching team has produced and is refining an international team that is witless,brainless,skill less,slow and predictable.Will I pay to watch it.No way.

Glanmor's Gap is getting wider?
Need a bigger flag then sharpish.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3