The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raw Spoilers 6/6

+11
Bull
Crimey
BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM
NickisBHAFC
ADMIN
JamesLincs
User Name
sodhat
Facey_James
I Blame Coco
AberdeenSteve
15 posters

Go down

Raw Spoilers 6/6 Empty Raw Spoilers 6/6

Post by AberdeenSteve Tue 7 Jun 2011 - 11:19

Source: wwe.com

R-Truth & The Miz def. WWE Champion John Cena & Alex Riley by Disqualification
Even when “Stone Cold” Steve Austin isn’t a direct participant in a match, his impact is undeniable. Acting as special guest referee during a match pitting WWE Champion John Cena & Alex Riley against R-Truth & The Miz, The Texas Rattlesnake wasn’t about to take any guff. He finished off the arrogant Miz like a six pack with a “Stone Cold” Stunner. The Champ then followed up with an Attitude Adjustment on The Awesome One. As a result, Cena & Riley were pronounced the winners … momentarily.

Raw’s anonymous General Manager intervened, however, and overturned the special guest referee’s decision. “Stone Cold” could hardly believe when Michael Cole read the decision. Just as it appeared The Texas Rattlesnake might open up a can of whoop ass, the Raw GM tried to appease him, appointing him Special Guest General Manager for next week’s special three-hour WWE All Star Night.

“Stone Cold” seemed pleased, but that still didn’t save the weasel. The WWE Hall of Famer dragged Cole into the ring and leveled him with a Stunner. The Champ then followed up with a second Attitude Adjustment of his own, prompting he and The Texas Rattlesnake to toast a few beers and also leaving Cole flopped onto the canvas like a sack of wet laundry.

Booker T def. Jack Swagger by Count-out
Is Jack Swagger tough enough? Not if you ask Booker T. The WWE Tough Enough trainer agreed to a match after The All-American American disrespected him in the locker room area. Booker demonstrated that he’s still got the chops to go. So much so, in fact, that Swagger begged off, leaving the ring and losing the match by intentional count-out. When he scampered up the ramp, his rival, Evan Bourne, leveled him with glee and coaxed him back in the ring, where he and Booker each nailed the towering Superstar with punishing moves. “Air” Bourne then joined Booker in the ring for dualing “Spinaroonies.” Can you dig it, Suucckkaaaa?!

U.S. Champion Kofi Kingston def. Zack Ryder
With Dolph Ziggler observing from ringside, U.S. Champion Kofi Kingston set his sights on downing a glass of Long Island Iced Z, Zack Ryder. While the self-proclaimed “Internet Champion” put up a respectable showing in his eagerly anticipated Raw outing, Kingston’s explosive athleticism proved too much to overcome.

Alberto Del Rio mocked Big Show
Alberto Del Rio had better hope Big Show is a slow healer. Weeks after The Mexican Aristocrat’s assistant, Ricardo Rodriguez, drove over the leg of The World’s Largest Athlete and put him on the shelf, Del Rio had the nerve to mock his towering rival. He had Rodriguez don a bald cap and singlet and hobble to the ring on crutches as he mocked him and even threatened the real Big Show.

Rey Mysterio def. CM Punk
Consider the score evened. After losing to CM Punk last week, Rey Mysterio requested a rematch. In a renewal of their deeply personal rivalry – that had seen Punk torment Rey’s family – The Master of the 619 wasn’t about to let The Second City Savior get two over on him. Instead, the high-flyer overcame his disappointment and refused to give up, earning an especially satisfying victory.

Booker T accepted a match against Jack Swagger
Jack Swagger's ego must getting the best of him. As Booker T talked with his fellow WWE Tough Enough trainer Trish Stratus, The All-American American confronted him and challenged him to a match later in the night. Booker could hardly believe his ears, but when he realized that yes, Swagger really did challenge him, he gladly accepted.

Beth Phoenix & Kelly Kelly def. Divas Champion Brie Bella & her sister Nikki
Last week, Divas Champion Brie Bella & her sister Nikki mocked Kharma after the braided behemoth announced that she was pregnant and would be out of competition for a year. Unfortunately for The Bella Twins, however, there are plenty of Divas prepared to step into her considerable shoes. In a tag team match, Beth Phoenix & Kelly Kelly proved they’re just two such competitors when they handed the twins a definitive defeat, compliments of a Phoenix delivered Glam Slam.

Santino Marella def. WWE Tag Team Champion Michael McGillicutty
The Cobra continues to show its fangs. In a match against WWE Tag Te
am Champion Michael McGillicutty, Santino Marella wielded the unorthodox maneuver with typical lethality. As their respective tag team partners looked on, the Italian Stallion handled the Nexus member with increasing confidence for the win.

Winner of WWE Tough Enough announced; main event match arranged
Congratulations, Andy! After weeks of grueling competition on WWE’s reality series WWE Tough Enough, Andy was chosen the winner over Luke live on Raw with the show’s host, “Stone Cold” Steve Austin delivering the incredible news. However, having emerged prior to the announcement, Mr. McMahon voiced his opinion that the wrong man had earned the WWE contract. The Texas Rattlesnake let Mr. McMahon know that he didn’t appreciate being undermined before welcoming Andy to WWE with a congratulations … and a “Stone Cold” Stunner.

After the stunning announcement, a slew of Superstars emerged to air their various grievances. Tops on the list? The delusional and disturbed R-Truth, who offered a bizarre apology for his actions the week prior. The act of contrition, such as it was, guaranteed Truth a WWE Title Match at Capitol Punishment. After his apology, Truth went on to espouse his far-fetched conspiracy theory that WWE is trying to hold him back. He then "seceded" from the WWE Universe.

Not one to share the spotlight , The Miz interrupted to complain that were it not for his former lackey, Alex Riley, he would still be WWE Champion. Unfortunately for him, A-Ry popped up, too, disputing Miz’s dubious version of events. Amid the chaos, WWE Champion John Cena dropped by to set it all straight.

The Champ berated his longtime rival Miz, congratulated Riley on his newfound independence and confronted his unbalanced Capitol Punishment opponent, Truth. Before the powder keg of frictions could ignite, Mr. McMahon arranged a main event match: Cena & Riley vs. Truth & Miz with “Stone Cold” acting as special guest referee.

First of all, what a way to bury the newest WWE signing. What was the need for Stone Cold to do that?
Secondly, Zack Ryder on RAW Yahoo

What do you guys think of the show?

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Raw Spoilers 6/6 Empty Re: Raw Spoilers 6/6

Post by I Blame Coco Tue 7 Jun 2011 - 11:33

Highlights for me - Austin saying sh*t in the opening segment without censorship and Cole completly no selling the Stunner.

I Blame Coco

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 7 Jun 2011 - 11:36

Andy.. Andy.. Andy.. Gets a chance to cut his first (albeit short) promo live on Raw and starts off with the old cliché "guaran-damn-tee" which didn't seem to go down well with either Vince or Steve and immediately got interrupted.

🤦

Glad he won out of the two finalists but the real winner should have been Martin, Luke will get a shot hopefully but his ego was more annoying than anything over the weeks. As for the Slap and Stunner on Andy, it was a "welcome to the business" and it went over quite well.

As for the rest of Raw, the highlight for me was probably the CM Punk vs Rey match. The worst was probably Santino beating one half of the Tag Team champs with the cobra... but a positive at a possible feud between Santino/Kozlov and the Nexus for the Tag Titles.

I must admit, I'm being won over by R-Truth as a heel.

Back to top Go down

Post by Facey_James Tue 7 Jun 2011 - 11:38

Zack Ryder's got a Tshirt!!

Facey_James

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 7 Jun 2011 - 11:43

Zack Ryder has effectively made his own gimmick and the WWE have taken that on...pushing him as the Internet Champion. Well done to Zack is what I say, he clearly wants to make it and he has taken the initiative to make it happen.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by User Name Tue 7 Jun 2011 - 12:28

Cole called him Zack Ziggler
McGillicutty slammed his own head into the turnbuckle
Cena was heard saying Bulldog to Miz before he hit it.

User Name

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Tue 7 Jun 2011 - 12:47

miz moving out the way of the briefcase?
and austin, was that a 2 count or a 4 count?!

you can see why it happened, but oh dear

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Tue 7 Jun 2011 - 13:14

taken from http://wallsofjerichoholic.blogspot.com/

Full disclosure: I thought the opening segment to RAW, which was really the closing segment to Tough Enough bleeding into RAW in something surreal, was entertaining as hell. I thought Truf's rambling was hilarious. I liked what I saw from Miz and Alex Riley. Cena was... Cena. It was Flip, and reminiscent of 1999-2000 in a weird but good way. I dug it.

That being said, whose Flip idea was it to have R-Truth wear a Confederate soldier's uniform? There's edgy, and there's stupid. While I didn't have a problem with it, it's stupid to tempt outcry like that. Then again, it did lead to a really good main event with some really good moments, like Miz jaw-jacking with Austin, Riley getting a really loud chant followed by the most nuclear hot tag for Cena that I've ever heard in my life. The finish was... well yeah, it was fanservice. At the same time, they did it a couple of weeks ago with Bret Hart. A bit more creativity needed from WWE Creative... haha, yeah right.

I was pretty baffled though... why the Flip would the RAW GM give Austin his job right after undermining his decision? Christ, these writers were in rare form tonight. Ugh.

Anyway, outside of the main angle, this was an all-over-the-place RAW. There were good spots, like the wrestling, Punk's pre-match promo and Booker T (!) wrestling in a singles match for the first time in like five years in WWE. It was pretty nice too. Plus, they continue to build the Jack Swagger/Evan Bourne feud nicely. It's also always good to see Zack Ryder on RAW, even when he's jobbing, and Dolph Ziggler on commentary was really, really pointed and fit well. Seriously, talking about the US Championship like it's important? Tommy likey.

However, the bs parity booking reared its ugly head again, with a mini-program between CM Punk and Rey Mysterio wrapping up neatly in two weeks. We got two great matches out of it yeah. I'm not complaining about that. But would it kill them to use two of their strongest characters in something more than trading wins with no other storyline advancement? Weak. Then you have Alberto del Rio, who's usually on point. I got excited when I saw him, but then he rolled out Ricardo Rodriguez as a dimestore Big Show. No. People say feuds with Big Show are momentum killers. However, is it the act of feuding with Show, or is it that Creative doesn't give a Poopie with Show, since they know he's probably just going be in a tag filler match or wrestle in a celebrity match at WrestleMania, and thus his endgame is really, really unimportant. I don't know.

Mixed bag tonight, the very definition. Next week's a three hour RAW though, so you know it'll be heavy on the wrestling. At least we have that going for us.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 7 Jun 2011 - 14:22

Very good Raw in my view, again i thought we were going to hear who the raw GM was at the end of the show when he buzzed in when Cena and Austin were drinking.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Raw Spoilers 6/6 Empty Raw 06/06/2011- worst crowd ever?

Post by BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM Tue 7 Jun 2011 - 20:16

Having seen this week's Raw, I have to say that in terms of the noise they made, this week's Raw crowd was probably one of the worst, if not the worst, crowds I've ever seen. When Stone Cold came out, a true legend, and that's coming from someone who was never much of an Austin fan, the reaction was pathetic. Even Cena, who always gets a loud reaction, be it cheers or boos, got a pretty modest reception when he came out. Did anybody else notice this?

BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 7 Jun 2011 - 20:18

I merged your topic into this Bloscar. Smile

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 7 Jun 2011 - 20:19

yeah mate even booker got a pathetic reaction .... dont think Raw is going back there next year

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM Tue 7 Jun 2011 - 20:21

Cool invincibleleak, I just thought where the hell did my topic go?! Shocked

BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM

Back to top Go down

Post by marcellus wallace Tue 7 Jun 2011 - 20:31

I so wanted stone cold to give cena a stunner at the end.R truth is doing well as a heel but still dont think he's title material yet.

marcellus wallace

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 7 Jun 2011 - 20:36

Think that often the arena can have a real effect on the crowd noise. I know when I've been to WWE events in the o2 in London, what sounds loud in the arena doesn't come across on tv.

Not making excuses for them of course, they may have been terrible!

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM Tue 7 Jun 2011 - 20:39

sodhat wrote:Think that often the arena can have a real effect on the crowd noise. I know when I've been to WWE events in the o2 in London, what sounds loud in the arena doesn't come across on tv.

Not making excuses for them of course, they may have been terrible!

I've been to the O2 as well sodhat, and while I see your point, I do think this lot were particularly bad.

BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM

Back to top Go down

Post by Miz NG Wed 8 Jun 2011 - 12:29

I watched Raw last night nearly fast forwarded the whole lot. It was rubbish, to be honest. The only bit I liked was Vince telling Cole to "shut up".

Miz NG

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 8 Jun 2011 - 14:28

Surely they have better roles for Punk and Rey than just having mean nothing matches with each other, Austin the ref did to Miz what Hart the ref did a couple of weeks ago in a tag team main event, the RAW GM reversed the result, called Austin biased THEN moments later told him he is GM next week 🤦 wrestlecrap booking at its most pathetic

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Mon 13 Jun 2011 - 12:22

Im loving R Truth right now. Hes so funny.

"I aint got not boat. Lil Jimmy got a boat!"

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down