The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UKA announce British team for the European Team Championships in Stockholm

+17
ryanbailey
bigjonatkinson
skimpton
jjimbojames
CJB
djlovesyou
teassoc
Tianjing
TrackJack
MD_track_fan
ian_jamsie
lsabre
armchairfan1
camerajuan
lfc91
davidl1061
tootingmick
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

UKA announce British team for the European Team Championships in Stockholm - Page 2 Empty UKA announce British team for the European Team Championships in Stockholm

Post by tootingmick Tue 07 Jun 2011, 3:25 pm

First topic message reminder :

Bit surprised that Anyika Onoura was prefered to Jody Williams
in the 100m and maybe the selector(s) did not realise that Shana
Cox could not compete for GB this season !
No outstanding performances yet by our 400m or 1,500m
men so the reluctance to select anyone is understandable
but time is running out to impress.

tootingmick

Back to top Go down

UKA announce British team for the European Team Championships in Stockholm - Page 2 Empty Re: UKA announce British team for the European Team Championships in Stockholm

Post by djlovesyou Mon 20 Jun 2011, 7:54 pm

Judging by the fact that lsabre immediately deleted most of his previous threads and posts, I doubt he'll be back, unless reinstated (which seems rather unlikely). At least not in the prolific capacity he was before, if at all.

Flash is the innocent party in all this according to the admins. Nothing he has said is out of order, and has the green light to ruin the forum as he pleases, either with his mates or alone.

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

UKA announce British team for the European Team Championships in Stockholm - Page 2 Empty Re: UKA announce British team for the European Team Championships in Stockholm

Post by skimpton Mon 20 Jun 2011, 8:00 pm

dj
agree the forum will go the way as bbc 606.

We should have at least got a vote on lsabre as we voted him in.

skimpton

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggut Mon 20 Jun 2011, 8:14 pm

Seriously that is mad. The only censorship allowed by the moderators is censoring posts about the moderators.

Biggut

Back to top Go down

Post by Tianjing Mon 20 Jun 2011, 8:57 pm

Does it not say something about Isabre that he has managed to get himself banned from every forum that he posts on because he has some sort of issues of basic communication with people. He sees himself as some sort of authority and feels like he must have the final word on any matter.

While he will be missed purely for the fact that he spent time putting up results and highlighting where the Brits would be competing, he had a very questionable attitude to those who offered a different viewpoint regarding performances of athletes, which is unfortunate as he is clearly passionate about the sport (if not a little creepy with his posts to athletes on twitter...)

Tianjing

Back to top Go down

Post by djlovesyou Mon 20 Jun 2011, 9:04 pm

a) He hasn't been banned.
b) I'm not certain your claims that he's been banned from 'every forum that he posts' is completely accurate. (I know you know that.)

I don't think he was ever banned from 606 was he, unlike a lot of other people we know.

As we've been saying earlier though mate, the floor is yours. This forum is ready for you to ruin without any interference from mods. Fire away, you may as well start sooner rather than later.

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by jjimbojames Mon 20 Jun 2011, 9:42 pm

Tianjing wrote:Does it not say something about Isabre that he has managed to get himself banned from every forum that he posts on because he has some sort of issues of basic communication with people. He sees himself as some sort of authority and feels like he must have the final word on any matter.

While he will be missed purely for the fact that he spent time putting up results and highlighting where the Brits would be competing, he had a very questionable attitude to those who offered a different viewpoint regarding performances of athletes, which is unfortunate as he is clearly passionate about the sport (if not a little creepy with his posts to athletes on twitter...)
Oh, the irony of the final part of that last sentence!! Wink

For me, it was often a language issue, where lsabre having English as a second language meant he didn't quite pick up on the nuances that were thrown in - and these were exploited by people to wind him up. Should he have let the little things go - probably yes, in all honesty. But 1 - the juvenile behaviour in pushing limits to stay on the right side of the admins is/was far worse and 2 - for the amount of man hours put into this board, I think it was probably worth cutting the man some slack

jjimbojames

Back to top Go down

Post by skimpton Mon 20 Jun 2011, 10:11 pm

jjimbo
agree with what you say.
I have had a couple of PM conversations with lsabre before all this. He was always very friendly and communicative.
This forum will be worse without him.

skimpton

Back to top Go down

Post by bigjonatkinson Mon 20 Jun 2011, 10:35 pm

Jimbo, couldn't be more bang on mate

bigjonatkinson

Back to top Go down

Post by teassoc Mon 20 Jun 2011, 10:49 pm

I agree with jjimbo. Isabre will be sorely missed. He was such a mine of information. Don't think anyone else could be quite as informative as he has been.

I wonder where we go from her? Presumably another moderator will be needed and we'll all have a chance to vote for him or her. We would then have the chance to register our dissatisfaction by abstaining a la the English FA.

teassoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 20 Jun 2011, 10:57 pm

teassoc wrote: We would then have the chance to register our dissatisfaction by abstaining a la the English FA.

there wouldn't be any point to doing that guys admin will just choose they want or not do anything and get a global mod to look after you.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Jun 2011, 11:13 pm

Thank you for this excellent decision admin, I agree with most when they say lsabre does a lot for this forum in terms of bringing on up to date performances, he is very good at this, and I hope he continues his good work.

Back to top Go down

Post by djlovesyou Mon 20 Jun 2011, 11:54 pm

flashcoach wrote:Thank you for this excellent decision admin, I agree with most when they say lsabre does a lot for this forum in terms of bringing on up to date performances, he is very good at this, and I hope he continues his good work.

Hope he continues his good work do you?

Given that your only agenda for posting on this forum in the last few weeks was to harrass lsabre, I really doubt it. I appreciate you're showing off because the admins are watching.

The mere suggestion that you say you appreciate anything that he does disgusts me given the treatment you and your pals have levelled on the bloke on other forums (and in a more subtle manner, this one.)

You're not fooling anyone flash, besides the admins.

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by djlovesyou Tue 21 Jun 2011, 12:05 am

"I say lsabre as well. and I say keep all political threads off of this forum for heavens sake lets have at least one forum which just discusses athletes and their performances. Let BigGuts and fangio/spikes&Spokes and their ilk set their own forum up just for defending UKA we do not need their sort on here.."

Just thought I'd remind people of flash's opinion of the appointment of lsabre.

He then gets removed as moderator for deleting his politically motivated posts.

Strange stuff.

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Jun 2011, 9:07 am

I truly thought that lsabre was turning over a new leaf on here, but it seems anyone who had an opinion of thier own on an athlete British in particular or posted about the excellence of a foriegn athlete seemed to upset lsabre, or dared to mention UKA (and we cannot get away from politics no matter what you may think or you may want us to think!)

Iknew him from other forums he had no concept of what YIMAN is asking for on this forum...the right to free speech and opinion free from attack....you dj are as bad as anyone towards me obviously you have your own agenda and were part of a group of people who attack me and others who voted lsabre in, obviously to have a degree of freedom, which has now ceased...I shall report anything you throw at me or others if you start again.

When you try to put me into a bad light by making me out to be a liar when I am not..(.I say what I mean) you are in actual fact trying to abuse me and tarnish my name, this shows you and your friends up for exactly what you are...and now the admin is going to see all of what you put up on here which is in this most unfair tone.

Now as you say letes get back to athletics and expressing our OWN opinions in a polite and respectful manner, and if you do not like what you read then keep off the thread.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Jun 2011, 10:23 am

ok guys.
I hope you have now had time to digest what has happened.

Going forward, any posts regarding the decision made by the Admin team will be deleted. If you want to ask any questions, please use the private message facility.

What has happened has happened. Its time to move on. Im now locking this thread.

Please, lets just talk about athletics.

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Tue 21 Jun 2011, 10:47 am

Hello everyone,

Thought I’d drop by as there seems to still be mixed reports as to why the decision was taken to remove Lsabre from his role as a moderator.

Lsabre did a sterling job in creating articles, that is not in any way in question.
But when it actually came to moderating this is where the issue is.
A role of moderator is one where you ‘moderate’. You ensure that the rules of the site are being maintained and to communicate to the admin team and other moderators as to what actions they’re taking.
Lsabre though failed to do this, he was removing views simply because he disagreed with them, not because they broke any site rules. When questioned as to why he was doing this instead of working with the team he refused. We are well aware of past history between Lsabre and other members, we do monitor other forums as well as here and we know of previous arguments elsewhere but whilst we are aware of this we cannot let it cloud our judgement upon this board. Lsabre may not have got on with Flashcoach elsewhere but on here in a position of responsibility he abused that role due to previous grievances with the poster on other forums.
I’m no saint, on 606 there were people I didn’t get on with as there is in real life, but they are still welcome on this site as long as they like anyone else stay within the site rules.

Thank you

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2