The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

+30
perthshirepuma
rodders
RuggerRadge2611
nottins
Cari
Standulstermen
Portnoy
KiaRose
robbo277
Glas a du
Rava
Cymroglan
prop_lyd
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
The_Hound_of_Harrow
PenfroPete
Suspicious lurker
Ozzy3213
Dave.
MeanAsCustard
Gibson
Mickado
Notch
Luckless Pedestrian
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
red_stag
WillyGilly
MBTGOG
Thomond
Adam D
34 posters

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 3 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Adam D Tue 07 Jun 2011, 2:44 pm

First topic message reminder :

Cari wrote:Welcome to the virtual rugby pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing the Tommy Bowe photo on the bar. That's a banning offence

So pull up a chair....what'll it be? king

Last edited by Hobo on Fri 10 Jun 2011, 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 3 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Suspicious lurker Tue 07 Jun 2011, 9:00 pm

Glas your dead right, we all should just accept our groups and get on with it...........................
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 3 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Gibson Tue 07 Jun 2011, 9:09 pm

hughie1986 wrote:HOW UNLUCKY IS MY FRIEND ? SHE HASN'T SEX WITH A MAN IN 4 YEARS INCASE OF CATCHING A DISEASE AND JUST CAUGHT E.COLLI FROM A CUCUMBER

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 3 810156456 I love you Huggie. I really do. You dont need to write, you just need to BE. And let them write about you.

Different tack,

Hughie, I was in Bath - at the Rec, after de Diff - with Mick de Chef and said Id love to play here in the HC. Yo!

I have de street-gen, The Pubs and the local area, already sorted man. I just told em "Joe sent me" The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 3 2055835545
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Tue 07 Jun 2011, 9:10 pm

Ireland beginning to get cut open,ill be surprised if they gold out, twenty minutes to go
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Tue 07 Jun 2011, 9:12 pm

Thomond wrote: This was one of the videos on youtubes home page. The celebration looked class but I think it is great to see rugby on one of America's premier stations: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yz45p2mNkoI&feature=topvideos_sports

What would the old 606 have been like if Ashton had done that...

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Tue 07 Jun 2011, 9:13 pm

I remember watching bath games on the tv, the city looks fabulous, and the stadium looks like its just in the middle of a park.

Id be very interested in actually doing some tourist things on that trip
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Jun 2011, 9:15 pm

My brother used to live in a flat just a few streets away from the Rec. I was so utterly jealous. Bath is an absolutely fab place to go.

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Tue 07 Jun 2011, 9:15 pm

That celebration is awesome!!!!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue 07 Jun 2011, 9:16 pm

"HOBO - posted earlier - R1: 11-13th Nov, R2: 18th-20th Nov, R3: 9-11th Dec, R4: 16-18th Dec, R5: 13-15th Jan, R6: 20th-22nd Jan.

Last season was -R1: 08-10th Oct, R2: 15th-17th Oct, R3: 10-12th Dec, R4: 17-19th Dec, R5: 14-16th Jan, R6: 21th-23rd Jan."

Am I alone in saying they should stick with the condensed group stage in future years? Castres in rounds 3&4 or 2&5 would mean a nice trip pre Xmas or in the new year. Fantastic.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue 07 Jun 2011, 9:19 pm

Glas a du wrote:Ravtradamus. I don't get people who moan about draws. The right attitude is to get on with it whoever are the opponents. Ulster have an advantage in their toughish group as they have played Aironi before. The other two may be caught cold down there. Realistically a good second place or an Amlin spot awaits them I think, funnily enough depending on what points Connacht can get in their group.

As to the Scarlets, second place in that group won't be good enough. They should win at home but I can't see them winning more than one on the road. It will be fun giving it a go.

Ravtradamus. Nice touch. That man is unreal at predicting things. He predicted I would have a ball in Ballymoney and its surrounds once. I was tentitive tbh. He was wrong, I had the time of my Life.

And NO, Im not posting the random video.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Tue 07 Jun 2011, 9:26 pm

I went to Uni in Bath and although I probably wouldn't go back and live there, it is a fantastic place to visit and the locals are 100% into their rugby (the football teams are rubbish). The only thing I would say is it can be a little depressing in the winter (maybe that is just the area my student house was in), but in the summer it's an amazing place.

The stadium is so inconspicuous though, you almost forget that it's there. Wherever you sit though you're right near the pitch and get a great view. And, more importantly, there are some great pubs for the pre-/post-game!

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Tue 07 Jun 2011, 9:26 pm

I grew up by Bath for 7 years and it is a gorgeous place with loads of things do, obviously the roman baths are lovely but some of the georgian houses are stunning!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue 07 Jun 2011, 9:27 pm

I'll post a random video then:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJ2F6G9gz1g&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Jun 2011, 9:30 pm

The pubs in bath I can attest to are definitely great, couldn't say about the stadium though. One day I shall go there, before anything happens to it anyway I hope!

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue 07 Jun 2011, 9:32 pm

hughie1986 wrote:I remember watching bath games on the tv, the city looks fabulous, and the stadium looks like its just in the middle of a park.

Hughie, it is and we will pal. I loved it. They were disassembling the marquees at the Rec, when I was there. They have a place called the Cresent, at the top of a hill. It is stunning. Every and I mean everyone who was anyone - lived there at one stage. From Gainsbrough to Pitman. Cool straat.

Providence for us Leinstuur fans roysh. It's like D4 only posher.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Tue 07 Jun 2011, 9:32 pm

As will I Glas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5DoGA2DEGM
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 07 Jun 2011, 9:32 pm

Hi all, really pushed myself in the run this even. Went with a pal. Neither of us wanted to go in first place but felt good to finish it out.

Anthony Foley talks about the draw for Munster: We're up against sides we know well. Northampton Saints, beaten finalists this year, had them in our group last season and then again in the quarter final, a final scoreline that day that didn't reflect the closeness of the game. Then Scarlets, we play them twice a season in the League, never an easy touch. They've a good European pedigree and of course Castres have been around a long time. Yeh, the competition kicks off shortly after the World Cup final and how lads come through that will obviously have a bearing. So there's loads of factors to be considered not least that we've landed ourselves in a very interesting group that will likely only provide one qualifier."

Nigel Davies talks about it for Scarlets: The key thing to getting out of this group is winning at home, we realised that last season and we just slipped up against Leicester. I don't think any of the teams in the Pool will be happy, but we will all think we are good enough to beat each other. One thing is for sure, there won't be two teams qualifying out of this Pool, I firmly believe the talent we have developed is good enough to compete at this level, but the players have to believe in themselves. We know all about Munster and Northampton Saints obviously reached the final last season. And we know from years of travelling to France that going to Castres will be very difficult. It is going to be very challenging for us, but I think we are going to improve from last season.

Jim Mallinder talks about it for Northampton Saints: The Heineken Cup is getting tougher and tougher each year as every team gets more experience playing European rugby. We’ve certainly got a challenging pool. We know first hand how difficult it can be to play Munster and Castres from our games with them in the past two seasons. Meanwhile the Scarlets showed how dangerous they can be in their group games last year.However playing in this pool will be a good chance to see how much we have learned from our experiences over the past couple of years. We’ve had another season together as a group and have played in some big occasions, and will certainly be looking forward to competing again in the Heineken Cup.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Tue 07 Jun 2011, 9:33 pm

And get in!!!!!

Ireland score again in the 89 minute 2-0
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Jun 2011, 9:33 pm

Goal! Lovely stuff, 2-0 to Ireland now, this will be a great result against Italy!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Jun 2011, 9:37 pm

That's a pretty sensible summary from Nige. He's right about the players needing to believe in their own ability. We have the talent to hand, just need to utilise it and keep our concentration and belief up, we do that, anything can happen.

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 07 Jun 2011, 9:39 pm

RE: the soccer.

Anyone else think this is where we are seeing the value of the Celtic Cup thing. Rep of Ireland play Northern Ireland, Scotland, Macedonia and Italy in the space of 2 weeks. The more game time the better players will play.

Our rugby team seems to have realised that with more warm up matches before World Cup.

Anyone else think Saints could be caught cold in Pool 1. I'm gonna make an early and bold prediction - Saints to finish 3rd in the pool
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Jun 2011, 9:44 pm

Shocked Stag, that is a VERY bold prediction. Can't see it myself, but can hope....that is as long as you don't have the Scarlets down as finishing 4th? Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Tue 07 Jun 2011, 9:47 pm

Good result that for Ireland.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Tue 07 Jun 2011, 9:50 pm

Okay, pretty pished hearing what Simon Cox just said-

Reporter: "Is it good to prove yourself to your manager?"

Cox: "Which one? No most importantly for my manager back at home."

Are you kidding me?

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Jun 2011, 9:51 pm

So Leinster have a bye to the quarters then.

Really finding my course hard work. My head is all over the place at the minute. Really need to pass it too.

Was hoping for the Amlin draw today too. More waiting for me. Depending on when the Leinster v Bath game is at the Rec, I'll definitely be up for that meet too. Would be ace.

Bit of a rumour is the Dragons are linked to the Tuilagi who plays/played for Sale (I think it's him)

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 07 Jun 2011, 9:52 pm

I think that the Saints may suffer from having international call ups and a slow start in an away venue could see them on the back foot from the start. They are beatable. I felt that they had quite a straight forward path to final last season. Blues, Edinburgh and Castres before home wins over Ulster and Toulon. You can only beat whats in front of you and they did it last season. However I think they may not be able to do that this time around.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Tue 07 Jun 2011, 9:55 pm

Stag: just looked at flights from Brizzol to Shannon and only £60 return max!! Look like i'll be coming over, just need the fixture list now and I'll be there!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Jun 2011, 9:55 pm

Well if you take the slow start concept that's going to apply for the Scarlets as well, especially as we may have so many backs away with the WC. We showed after the 6 Nations that it took us a few games for them to gel again so the early rounds of the HEC could be a worry. But then I guess, that's going to apply to all teams!

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 07 Jun 2011, 9:56 pm

Only thing though I don't want to miss a Munster game for it BUT how cool would it be to go to Gloucester v Connacht on a Friday night and then Munster v Northampton on Saturday.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue 07 Jun 2011, 9:57 pm

Stag, this is what I was brought up watching:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjs62E6zovo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Watch out for Jiffy and for John Devereux's hand offs of the Aussies.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Tue 07 Jun 2011, 9:58 pm

You've got me salivating there Stag!! That would be a perfect weekend!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 07 Jun 2011, 9:59 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:Well if you take the slow start concept that's going to apply for the Scarlets as well, especially as we may have so many backs away with the WC. We showed after the 6 Nations that it took us a few games for them to gel again so the early rounds of the HEC could be a worry. But then I guess, that's going to apply to all teams!

Its not just the slow start concept. As you said it will apply to everyone Munster included. I just think Saints aren't as good as made out. They are a good team but very beatable none the less.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Tue 07 Jun 2011, 10:01 pm

What Cox said really annoyed me. When you're playing for Ireland, the only manager you should be trying to impress in the Irish manager!

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 07 Jun 2011, 10:01 pm

Glas a du wrote:Stag, this is what I was brought up watching:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjs62E6zovo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Watch out for Jiffy and for John Devereux's hand offs of the Aussies.

What sport is this?? Rolling Eyes
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by KiaRose Tue 07 Jun 2011, 10:02 pm

hughie1986 wrote:I remember watching bath games on the tv, the city looks fabulous, and the stadium looks like its just in the middle of a park.

So do I need to gen up on my tourist guide thingy for Bath?

KiaRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Jun 2011, 10:03 pm

Hmmm, it seems this Tuilagi thing is very tenuous. I don't think there's much in it.

Anyway, might as well Flip off again. Been nice to have some Internet tonight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Jun 2011, 10:07 pm

Been good to see you in here Risca, why not stay for an Ale ?

Stag - ah I dunno, Saints pack is really quite intimidating (especially for a Scarlet), I think they're a pretty handy side to be honest.

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Tue 07 Jun 2011, 10:07 pm

KiaRose wrote:

So do I need to gen up on my tourist guide thingy for Bath?

Yes you do kia, yes you do
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Tue 07 Jun 2011, 10:13 pm

right, up early for a run and long day in work tomorrow so nos da all!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Jun 2011, 10:14 pm

Cheers Dreamer, it is pretty annoying not being online when I'm used to it. Suppose it helps that I can concentrate more now.

Congratulations Ireland anyway. Good result. Didn't know it was a qualifier either.

Anyway, best Flip off. Roll on the weekend.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue 07 Jun 2011, 10:15 pm

Well done Ireland. An away win, with a very weakened team - is no bad result.

De Trap Rocks! His system works with the experienced squad and with half a squad - away to Italy? That tells the story.

Stag,
I think Saints will win that group. Too strong and Euro-ready, for a still renewing Munster imo. No point in me lying about it.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Tue 07 Jun 2011, 10:19 pm

Sorry to be pedantic but wasn't that game played in Belgium do it was more of a neutral venue
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 07 Jun 2011, 10:23 pm

Gibson wrote:
Glas a du wrote:Ravtradamus. I don't get people who moan about draws. The right attitude is to get on with it whoever are the opponents. Ulster have an advantage in their toughish group as they have played Aironi before. The other two may be caught cold down there. Realistically a good second place or an Amlin spot awaits them I think, funnily enough depending on what points Connacht can get in their group.

As to the Scarlets, second place in that group won't be good enough. They should win at home but I can't see them winning more than one on the road. It will be fun giving it a go.

Ravtradamus. Nice touch. That man is unreal at predicting things. He predicted I would have a ball in Ballymoney and its surrounds once. I was tentitive tbh. He was wrong, I had the time of my Life.

And NO, Im not posting the random video.

On reflection, I'm happy with our Heineken draw. It's the hardest draw we could have got nearly (Treviso for Aironi), but no-one is expecting us to win our pool. Time to shock the world.

4 wins is what is expected of us given the Ravenhill factor, but how sweet would it be to pick up 5?
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 07 Jun 2011, 10:25 pm

Gibson wrote:
Stag,
I think Saints will win that group. Too strong and Euro-ready, for a still renewing Munster imo. No point in me lying about it.

Of course no point in lying about it. They are the Euro runners up. Like I said though "too strong and euro-ready" - I don't think much of their campaign this year. They had an easy pool, got home quarters and semi finals. I felt Ulster very much had the beating of them and they hadn't the bottle for the final.

This time 12 months ago they were licking their wounds after crashing out in the quarter finals in a whopping 33-19 win against Munster. The year before that Munster ensured they were kept to the group stages. IMO they got a comfortable pool against 2 ML teams who didn't have good seasons (Edinburgh and Blues) and one of the less financially steady French teams (Castres). Home advantage saw them the rest of the way. I'm backing them for a fall next season.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Tue 07 Jun 2011, 10:31 pm

Anyway I'm up on the crack of dawn in the morning, oíche maíth a chairde
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Tue 07 Jun 2011, 10:33 pm

Evening all, we got a 33-20 towelling tonight. High scoring game, I just couldn't jump high enough to keep the ball away from the flipping 6ft 6 Aussie shooter.

Mutter mutter mutter mutter
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Tue 07 Jun 2011, 10:40 pm

The Saints were barely back from relegation two years ago. Best Jeff side of the season.

I'll have to work on getting the the Jeff sorted out so that we can compete.

btw. Hello everyone. Glass of lucozade, please.
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 07 Jun 2011, 10:42 pm

Portnoy wrote:Best Jeff side of the season.

Didn't they finish behind Gloucester, Saracens and Leicester. I'd say thats further indication that they are a very beatable team.

mug Lucozade for you (I know its in a mug) Smile

Hows are you anyway. Enjoying the new site?
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 07 Jun 2011, 10:54 pm

On the football; what a result earlier! I'd just love to see Ireland get to Euro 2012. Still have to go to Moscow which could be the decider.

Welcome back, Portnoys. We've been... expecting you Ale

Any thoughts on the draw for Leicester? We'll be hoping to relive this fine day!*

*(Look, don't mention the return leg just... let me have this one thumbsup )
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue 07 Jun 2011, 10:56 pm

Portnoy wrote:The Saints were barely back from relegation two years ago. Best Jeff side of the season.

I'll have to work on getting the the Jeff sorted out so that we can compete.

btw. Hello everyone. Glass of lucozade, please.

I love you old man. Even if you are Sassanach-centric. Just great to see you in here, my friend. The Pub is now- complete. Could do with a few more of ye. Far too many Micks & Taffs for my liking. Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQo1HIcSVtg&feature=related

Last edited by Gibson on Tue 07 Jun 2011, 11:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 07 Jun 2011, 10:58 pm

What about Umm, Gibbo!!
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next