The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

+30
perthshirepuma
rodders
RuggerRadge2611
nottins
Cari
Standulstermen
Portnoy
KiaRose
robbo277
Glas a du
Rava
Cymroglan
prop_lyd
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
The_Hound_of_Harrow
PenfroPete
Suspicious lurker
Ozzy3213
Dave.
MeanAsCustard
Gibson
Mickado
Notch
Luckless Pedestrian
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
red_stag
WillyGilly
MBTGOG
Thomond
Adam D
34 posters

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 10 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Adam D Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:44 pm

First topic message reminder :

Cari wrote:Welcome to the virtual rugby pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing the Tommy Bowe photo on the bar. That's a banning offence

So pull up a chair....what'll it be? king

Last edited by Hobo on Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 10 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by MBTGOG Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:47 pm

I think we'll get a better idea of the shape and make up of the Tongan squad at the Pacific Nations Cup.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 10 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by MBTGOG Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:52 pm

And another try for Tonga from their winger who dances down the touchline after quick passing.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:53 pm

I find it really hard to gauge where USA are and where they are going from this tournament.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:55 pm

They are missing players Notch but I think this shows they still have a long way to go.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:58 pm

Got the rugby on now, I don't like the USA's kit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:02 pm

It certainly seems like Australia, Ireland and Italy will see them off comfortably. I expect them to improve, but they are quite short of that standard.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:03 pm

That's a dangerous way to think Notch. WC is a different thing entirely and I expect them to be more of a challenge then people think.

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:04 pm

I would just like remind people that in 2007, they suffered a very heavy defeat to the Saxons in the Churchill Cup.

Just a couple of months later, the lost just 28-10 to the full England side denying them the bonus point.

What a lot of these smaller sides need is just more preparation time. That's why I'm not ruling out Argentina.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:06 pm

Exactly Munsty. What we're seeing here is actually two sides who've had very little preparation, give them a run of games and more time together as a squad and they'll be different teams come WC time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:08 pm

Nige is on the telly!!

And THAT is the bloke who plays for the Carmarthen Quins, never seen him before, but man he's huge! Could just be the 2nd row we've been looking for....(The Tongan one btw)

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:09 pm

I don't think it as a fan of Ireland, I think it as someone watching this game. They WILL be a lot, lot better in the RWC but I'm not sure they're going to find a pack between now and then.

They've shown moments of nice handling, some of their backs have run good lines but they don't have the power.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:12 pm

laughing was going to say that sounded like Wales until I saw this:

"They've shown moments of nice handling, some of their backs have run good lines but they don't have the power."

and realised it doesn't sound like us at all!

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:15 pm

The Tongan No.11 looks a very handy player!

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:16 pm

yep Munsty, was a fab try by him. And apparently Nigel Davies has got his eye on him too possibly. Think if we do go for one of them though it'll be the no.4.

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:17 pm

They were saying the no. 4 has already signed for Scarlets though?
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:20 pm

44-13.

That's a very impressive result. I think Maka is a good coach leading them in the right direction.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:22 pm

Yer man Iongi- not too comfortable in front of the camera! Handy wee player mind you.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:25 pm

Notch - been rumours for a while, and he does already play for one of our feeder clubs, don't think there's been any official announcements though (could be wrong there).

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:27 pm

I think we'll see a lot of Pacific Islanders joining European sides after the World Cup. I can imagine there is a lot of scouting during and even before the comp.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:29 pm

well according to Scarlet Fever, Ieuan Evans has announced Sione Timani is joining the Scarlets so guess it must be true! Wink

He's a massive unit but looks like he could do with a lot of conditioning. Doubt he'll feature for us until late November or something like that.

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:33 pm

Quick search has him at 196cm and 120KG which is pretty impressive. He'll certainly add some more weight and size to that area of the pack.

Think is though, he might not even make the bench for Tonga when they have their full squad. They could have Steve Mafi, Sitaleki Timani and Lisiate Fa'aoso all ahead of him.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:35 pm

Well in that case that's even better for the Scarlets as he'll be able to complete a full pre-season with us and really get to know the squad. All positives for me that I can see, goodness knows we've needed a massive 2nd row player for a long time!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:36 pm

George and Zippy are no more ... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-13693811

Comedy gold https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZbNR5dgUlk
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:37 pm

What do we make of this?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/13696098.stm

James Haskell has had offers from "every major rugby playing country" after being laid off by Stade Francais, according to a close source.

"He's had expressions of interest from clubs from all over the world - Italy, Ireland, Australia - but it was only confirmed he was leaving on Tuesday, until then he was still a Stade Francais player.

Just agent talk? Or are one of the provinces looking to add to their backrow stocks?
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:39 pm

I heard that about Roy Skelton earlier, made me Sad I used to love that programme when I was younger. Could never decide whether Zippy or George was my favourite though.

Notch - agency talk I'd say. Haskell knows he needs to be playing back in England to have a chance of being picked.

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:48 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:I heard that about Roy Skelton earlier, made me Sad I used to love that programme when I was younger. Could never decide whether Zippy or George was my favourite though.

Bungle for me all the way!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:48 pm

Notch wrote:What do we make of this?

James Haskell has had offers from "every major rugby playing country" after being laid off by Stade Francais, according to a close source.

"He's had expressions of interest from clubs from all over the world - Italy, Ireland, Australia - but it was only confirmed he was leaving on Tuesday, until then he was still a Stade Francais player.

Just agent talk? Or are one of the provinces looking to add to their backrow stocks?

Note it says clubs. Are any Irish clubs interested?

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:49 pm

Can see him doing a job for Ards RFC- if he's not adverse to turning out for the 2nds OK
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:50 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:
MBTGOG wrote:Gibbo,

As long as it lasts 30 minutes, is between 50-80% of your maximum heart rate (220 minus your age) and it done 4-5 times per week then I don't care what the exercise is.

So about 103 for you, Gib? The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 10 2732920192

Ha! Nah man I've slowed up since. Only do it 100 times a night now. Auld age.

What are we talkin about btw?
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:57 pm

I'm sure Ards RFC will appreciate having Brand Haskell on board.

To be fair to the guy he has starting putting in better performances.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:01 pm

HammerofThunor wrote:
Notch wrote:What do we make of this?

Note it says clubs. Are any Irish clubs interested?

Dont think so Thunor. We could sell em at the minute. Have far too many. The Provinces that is. Clontarf or Shannon might be interested.

Ale
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:04 pm

Ulster could use him, but we have our limit of NIQ players. Makes more sense to take one of the Leinster lads for a year.

Also, as of next year, the IRFU are reducing the number of NIQ players allowed from 5+1 to 4+1.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:14 pm

Gibson, that's why I emboldened 'Clubs'. No point any top Irish or Welsh or Scottish side going for him

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:26 pm

Notch wrote:Ulster could use him, but we have our limit of NIQ players. Makes more sense to take one of the Leinster lads for a year.

Also, as of next year, the IRFU are reducing the number of NIQ players allowed from 5+1 to 4+1.

That's a bad idea, the 5 + 1 is a perfect mix no need for it to be changed, I believe in the future Irish teams will suffer because of this
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:32 pm

ha so much for my plans of no alcohol this week! Just made plans to head back West for the weekend for some wine drinking in The Angel, a couple of my friends from back home who are currently living in London are heading back for the weekend too. Should be fun times Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:37 pm

Maybe. Ulster will release Simon Danielli and try and sign Tommy Bowe, both are out of contract. If we get him (big if) then we haven't really lost anything.

But if players do start leaving Ireland were going to have to sign overseas players of equivalent quality. This is heavily dependent on us being able to keep all our top players.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:38 pm

Wouldn't you prefer 5 or 6 rather than the +1?

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:40 pm

Yeah, I would prefer that.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:42 pm

Impressed by the russian lineout and their number 8 for 38years old is doing a lot of good carrying. Just said that they're aiming to improve their front row by appealing to wrestlers Shocked
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:43 pm

Do the provinces have to get IRFU authorisation for each foreign player or do they have total freedom up to the limit?

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:44 pm

What if he comes to Leinster instead notch??
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:47 pm

IRFU authorisation is needed for each player.

I'll be pretty annoyed if the IRFU approve that transfer Hughie, given they already have three Irish internationals in the back three. A poor use of resources.

When I say we'll sign him, the IRFU will sign him and then decide where he plays.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:01 pm

Apprentice time. M'on the mighty Jim!
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:02 pm

I knew that Thunor. ARDS? He'd be better off going to a proper club. 8) Ale

In other news... went out for a beer in The Dam the other night and saw this guy dancing around the place... He is ALIVE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgy6ICmftZY
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:15 pm

Did JB 1973 I think that was the username he used on 606? Did he make the move over to this site he seemed to have some pretty reliable inside info about the Ospreys.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:35 pm

Cymro,
JB1973 was one sound poster. I hope he does, or did, make the jump. You can check in the user list.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:43 pm

Canada ended up finishing Russia off in the last 10mins, shame but the Russians just ran out of gas towards the end.
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:31 pm

Well done Prop.

Is there anybody there?

Helloooo?
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:38 pm

I know, I thought people took offence to me praising the Russians!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:40 pm

Don't worry, I'll talk to you.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next