The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Predictions For AJ vs Wlad

+37
compelling and rich
JabMachineMK2
LivinginItaly
LeinsterFan4life
temporary21
Jermaine2015
qc2
eirebilly
Baby faced assassin
Happytravelling
Herman Jaeger
Eyetoldyouso
milkyboy
spencerclarke
rapidringsroad
Steffan
mobilemaster8
Rodney
TRUSSMAN66
huw
owen10ozzy
catchweight
hazharrison
3fingers
hogey
kingraf
Fernando
ShahenshahG
Scottrf
Hammersmith harrier
Guest82
AdamT
horizontalhero
EX7EY
BoxingFan88
Derbymanc
Mr Bounce
41 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Predictions For AJ vs Wlad  - Page 4 Empty Predictions For AJ vs Wlad

Post by Mr Bounce Thu 27 Apr 2017, 12:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

Come on then - it's time to throw in your best guess for Saturday's big fight.

Being British I have to go with Joshua as I think Wlad will struggle with his power, size and his inability to impose his will as he used to when champion could have a profound effect.

Having eaten a fair few jabs and had a shaky moment, AJ poleaxes and finishes Wlad somewhere around the 7th round. Wlad realises he has not much left to prove and retires from boxing shortly after as it's a young man's game.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Predictions For AJ vs Wlad  - Page 4 Empty Re: Predictions For AJ vs Wlad

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 29 Apr 2017, 11:21 pm

AdamT wrote:Fury beat Wlad easier Imo. Yeah Aj got the win, but he struggled.

If Fury gets in shape, he wins without a doubt.

Nonsense again Adam.

I don't think we'll see Fury fighting again, he's beyond the point of recovery physically, so overweight it makes prospective fights irrelevant.

Who cares if Vitali would have beat him, might as well write off everyone if they're not Ali, Foreman, Tyson or Lewis.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sat 29 Apr 2017, 11:24 pm

Hammer your prediction of Aj winning easy was nonsense. I got the wrong man, but I knew it would be close.

fury will beat him. If you wanna bet, bring it on! Easy money.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sat 29 Apr 2017, 11:30 pm

There must be a ton of money in a rematch what a great fight

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 29 Apr 2017, 11:37 pm

I hope there's not a rematch. This is the passing of the torch that Fury's fight should have been. Young lion dethrones the best fighter and now consolidates his reign by fighting all the other contenders. Boxing has been through the gutter and a heavyweight battle like this is just what it needs to return to a better time. I would be gutted if the next fight turned out to be a capitulation from wlad or a disaster for Joshua.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sat 29 Apr 2017, 11:39 pm

Fury comes back and is the man again.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 29 Apr 2017, 11:41 pm

Possible, I'm not sure Anthony could handle Fury but it's what I'd like to see. Joshua would have to take his body. Anyway, off to Greenland. Ta ra lads

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sat 29 Apr 2017, 11:43 pm

I think Fury has a bit much.

Good Luck Shah!!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sat 29 Apr 2017, 11:45 pm

I think AJ can beat fury depends on how good he is when he comes back

Also depends on whether Aj just decides to walk through him

Wlad was tremendous tonight I would love to see a rematch

That was the best hw fight I can remember since Lewis vs vitali

Wlad beats all other heavyweights out there except fury and Aj with some to spare

I wouldn't bet against him against those two either

He showed that if you come to fight him he will have a fight with you just like he did against pulev

He showed excellent defence footwork and timing

Great fight

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 29 Apr 2017, 11:47 pm

AdamT wrote:Hammer your prediction of Aj winning easy was nonsense. I got the wrong man, but I knew it would be close.

fury will beat him. If you wanna bet, bring it on! Easy money.

Not nonsense just wrong but I'm not bothered by points scoring, AJ won and he won well, his next few fights will be far simpler.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sun 30 Apr 2017, 12:29 am

Had to listen to this on the radio, whilst out. Thought I'd read through here for some feedback on the fight, but looks like I'm just interrupting the usual cocck jousting.

From what I can gather elsewhere, it was a great fight and a credit to both for different reasons. Joshua for handing adversity, showing loads of heart and pulling the W out of the bag when he had to. Klitschko for showing he can pull the trigger and taking the fight to the big punching monster... and also handling adversity and showing great heart. Was it old father time that beat him in the end or just a stronger opponent? We'll never know, but when we get to see so many mismatches and let downs, this seems like one of those times to just applaud both guys.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Happytravelling Sun 30 Apr 2017, 12:56 am

The usual over/under reaction.

A 18 fight novice struggled a little against a 65 fight Pro SHOKKA!

Aj didn't win as easily as some would have liked, but most knew this wouldn't be ready easy.

He struggled but, when it comes down to it, he found a way to win.

He'll have learnt more from this fight than any other.

Very good win for Joshua. He'll be better for this fight.

The world is his.

Happytravelling

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Sun 30 Apr 2017, 1:05 am

Fury can barely punch his way through a wet paper bag for a heavy weight . AJs biggest mistake tonight was showing an old man too much respect. He' l'll kick the Poopie out of Fury .

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 30 Apr 2017, 2:09 am

Good fight, plenty of drama. Klitschko showed tremendous courage but his usual negativity and lack of viariety let the fight slip away from him when he had Joshua out on his feet and there to be finished. He settled back into his jab routine and allowed Joshua to recover and come back into the fight.

Joshua struggled when trying to box Klitschkos fight, not unexpectedly. A cagey fight always suits Klitschko. I though when Joshua let his hands go and took the fight to Klitschko he was by far the more dangerous. Tactically he was a little off with the gameplan.

It looks like Joshua still has a lot of improving to do on the fundementals if he is to become a great heavyweight, but he is the most dangerous puncher in the division and he has shown he can tough it out and win in the championship rounds.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Sun 30 Apr 2017, 5:02 am

Simply for the fact Adam is talking dogs**t as usual - I'll try to give my view for those who didn't watch it.

Great fight, simply put. Had everything from round 1 - action, drama, knockdowns and a real display of how heavyweight boxing should be done.

Before the fight I was a little bothered by Joshuas weight, considering his frame, it's a lot to give to Wlad to be the heavier guy, perhaps he was trying to ensure he was the stronger man in the clinches or perhaps it was for power. We don't know. We did see that Joshua is around 50% complete in his progress towards being the complete fighter. No head movement. Average defense. Comes forward in straight lines. Doesn't own the ring. But he is accurate, powerful and fast. Started off with some even rounds until Joshua realised he wasn't outboxing Klitschko and that he had to knock his head off. The 5th where he came out swinging was really exciting, but he gassed badly because of his extra weight and Wlad saw that. Thought Wlad really showed spirit by getting up, he'd been hit by some humdingers. Joshua showed a warrior spirit though and although he needs to refine it, he was trying to take some time to recover. It took him too long though into the 6th and Klitschko flew at him. Shame he didn't finish, he was there for the taking and was absolutely knackered. Joshua got up though and took 2/3 rounds off.

Second half of the fight I had even - Klitschko was the best we've seen him for a decade, slipping big shots, jabbing efficiently and making Joshua look out of his depth, but the better "highlight" punches were going to Joshua. Wlad then started slowing and his 41 year old body started giving up. Then Joshua finished him after getting his second wind around round 8.

Overall, think we learned Joshua can take a punch and has the heart to get up. We learned that he had a huge adrenaline dump in round 5 and needs to be more intelligent with his stamina.

Wlad went out like a true champion, at the end of the sword of the young warrior. At 41 he had a career best performance (even despite the loss). Fury beat a Wlad who I believe was injured but didn't want to call off the fight. I have a sports physio friend who said that the lack of movement in Wlads right side suggested either a torn muscle or a rib injury. It'd make sense.

As for Fury - he fights this version of Wlad and loses. Sorry Adam, you're talking tripe. Right place, right time, right tactics helped him. Go watch the fight again and you tell me that Wlad is at his best and that Fury fights in a manner that negates being absolutely bombed out. He doesn't. He negates the jab and he's stronger on the inside than Wlad. The right never really comes.

Not entirely sure where this adulation for Fury has come from that he's the next coming of Ali. He has minimal power for his size, he's not fast and he's not got flawless technique. The man has the heart of a lion and incredible ring intelligence coupled with size. That's it. Fury won't be "the man" again. He had his chance, he should have fought Wilder immediately after Klitschko but he ran away from boxing. Not to knock his disorder, but he had the chance there to become an ATG by taking out Wilder and unifying. He didn't. He opened the door for the rest of the division to get a piece and he's coming back to a world where AJ finished Klitchko where Fury couldn't. He's in a world where Wilder has more experience. He's in a world where Joseph Parker wants to knock a Fury's head off his shoulders. I just don't see it. I don't see how others do.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sun 30 Apr 2017, 7:05 am

You come on to attack me? Cute!

Jabmachine you made up sparring stories and come onto a forum to argue with a no face and get all angry and sh1t.

You're pathetic lol

P.s can you get Brooks autograph for me mate!!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Sun 30 Apr 2017, 7:46 am

milkyboy wrote:Had to listen to this on the radio, whilst out. Thought I'd read through here for some feedback on the fight, but looks like I'm just interrupting the usual cocck jousting.

From what I can gather elsewhere, it was a great fight and a credit to both for different reasons. Joshua for handing adversity, showing loads of heart and pulling the W out of the bag when he had to. Klitschko for showing he can pull the trigger and taking the fight to the big punching monster... and also handling adversity and showing great heart. Was it old father time that beat him in the end or just a stronger opponent? We'll never know, but when we get to see so many mismatches and let downs, this seems like one of those times to just applaud both guys.

Spot on milky. It puts people off the boards these days. A great fight that swung back and forth. Yes there were mistakes but you enjoy it for what it is on the night and then analyse it in more detail in the days to come. Two warriors showing things that people didn't think either had. Wlad a chin. How he stood up to so many of those cracking shots is beyond me. Joshua the heart and stamina to go deep in a fight. Yes they were both blowing but the were swinging big. It was just jab jab for 11 rounds.

All in all a great spectacle that we are very lucky happened. Congrats to all that were involved and some great fights to look forward to in the future. Might just go and watch it again.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Apr 2017, 8:03 am

Yeah that was a great fight. Joshua was toast but somehow managed to get back into it and pulled it off. Couldnt believe it. Gained a lot of respect for him today. AJ and Klitschko were humble and magnanimous in the post-fight interviews and thought that was pretty cool.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 30 Apr 2017, 8:36 am

I don't mean to exaggerate or anything, but that was the greatest fight ever!!
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sun 30 Apr 2017, 9:55 am

styles make fights and that was a great fight.

not sure how fury winning a close decision against a wlad who didnt throw all night makes him some undefeatable monster. aj lot more aggressive and fury aint that hard to hit for anyone willing to throw, check any of his other fights. think fury is made for aj alot more than wlad

all credit to wlad last night, didnt think he had that in him, lot more aggressive than ive seen him for a long long time. do think aj style suited him being the come forward aggressor but his movement for a 41 year old was fantastic. didnt stop all night. we saw that he still lacked those killer instincts of a true great though, rounds 6-9 he really should have pushed it more but settled back into jab and grab wlad.

overall great fight, and funny that people are bashing aj, was in trouble and still managed to win. sign of a great fighter especially one still fairly green, he didnt just quit soon as he was hurt and tired.

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Apr 2017, 11:25 am

It was exciting and surpassed expectation.  All the faults in Joshua were exposed but he overcame them and answered a few questions.  He seems to have a mid fight dip in energy but is able to drag it out and recover to finish fights strong - seen in both the Dylan Whyte and now this fight.  He can take a cracking punch.  He is able to think in the ring (but lacks technique).  When he got hit in the sixth - he realised he had to go to the canvass for his own protection - and regather his thoughts.  He then started ducking under Klitschko's punches to survive.

Klitschko was as good as I have seen him for a long time. He was up for the fight and looked in great condition.  They really managed to sort out that bleeding from a very very nasty looking cut above his eye.  

Joshua and Klitschko look to be the two best fighters in the division.  Maybe add Deontay Wilder and Tyson Fury (if fit and motivated) to that list.  But Klitschko still has a future in the division if he wants it (rematch or other fights).  They say you are only as good as your last fight and both Joshua and Klitschko come out of this fight with a lot of credit in my view.

Back to top Go down

Post by EX7EY Sun 30 Apr 2017, 12:20 pm

Agree with a lot of that bertie but I'm not sure AJ went to the canvass to regroup. Don't think he had a say in the matter to be honest. His legs had completely gone, had to drag himself back up. But the fact he did that and came back to win in the fashion he did was impressive.

EX7EY

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sun 30 Apr 2017, 12:25 pm

Aj showed courage, as did Wlad.

Best heavyweight fight I've seen in a while.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun 30 Apr 2017, 12:34 pm

How I saw it?

Klitschko is widely regarded as the best heavyweight of the last 10 years and has mighty experience with over 60 pro fights. Joshua is still learning his trade and has still yet to have 20 pro fights so this was a step up in class of opponent for him. Questions were always around about his chin and he answered that last night by getting back up, grinding through the tough times and steadying himself. Both fighters looked out on their feet from the seventh round onwards but from nowhere, when needed, Joshua found the weapons and what an uppercut. He got the job done when it looked like he might not in an exciting fight against the best heavyweight of the decade. Sorry but that deserves credit for one so inexperienced.

If he faces Fury I see Joshua winning by stoppage. Fury doesn't have the punches to worry Joshua and his chin will be fully tested.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Sun 30 Apr 2017, 1:48 pm

It showed that Wlad isn't the chinny grab merchant that many thought him to be. He took some tremendous shots last night and that final uppercut would have knocked down a rhino, yet he didn't go down (although he did shortly after). I think that it's more the accumulation of hard shots that does for WK.

Cracking fight, and the best in the division since I can't remember when. Both fighters have answered so many questions as stated above. Joshua has the world at his feet. I don't think that there will be a rematch though. I think Wlad has nothing more to prove and may well call it a day. Sadly for Joshua I believe that the next IBF mandatory is Pulev (who has just UD'd Kevin Johnson - how he's still relevant I have no idea) & I think AJ will walk through him.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sun 30 Apr 2017, 2:53 pm

Mr Bounce x 2.

Wlad showed he can fight. He did it with Peter too.

I don't think Wlad belongs at the top of any great list, but he is still a great champ. Many don't rate him, that's fine.

Aj has the chance to be great too. Personally I would rather he lose a tiny bit of muscle. A younger more aggressive minded fighter would of bad him put of there after 6.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sun 30 Apr 2017, 3:09 pm

I felt like a (rich) genius for 32 minutes....

I'm guessing we can put the idea Klitschko was shot against Fury to bed now? Wlad looked at or close to his best last night.

Whatever these guys are taking should be available on the NHS. 41, looked like Arnie and boxed on his toes? I'd be a new man.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sun 30 Apr 2017, 4:47 pm

Not whey protein that's for sure.

Always thought Lundgren/stallone looked like a comic book heroes in Rocky 4 and hw boxers didn't look like that. These guys are specimens.

Haz didn't you know the real Slim Shady, sorry Wlad showed up last night.

He didn't show up for Fury, or bother letting his hands go. Wasn't anything to do with the unexpected, quick lateral movement of Fury!

Though I keep saying this, that was a very entertaining fight. How often can you say that about a Wlad fight?

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sun 30 Apr 2017, 4:57 pm

I've just watched highlights of the Fury fight while trying to find the AJ fight on YouTube. Fury is noticeably quicker than AJ. Well, he was seven stones ago.

It was a thrilling fight - epic stuff. AJ is about to become Oprah rich on the back of that. Wlad has a shot in a rematch but Wilder and Parker will be crushed.

AJ did really well to stay in there after Wlad buzzed him in the 5th and dropped him in the 6th. His legs were gone. I've seen some people criticising Wlad for not finishing him but AJ just managed to duck a couple of left hooks that would have put him to sleep.

Klitschko wasn't a great heavyweight champion for me but he impressed me more last night than in all of his wins.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 30 Apr 2017, 5:02 pm

I think Klitschko lost to Fury on purpose just so he could get himself up for the Joshua fight.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sun 30 Apr 2017, 5:09 pm

Good way for Wlad to retire. It's a loss, but he will be remembered well for it.

Ortiz is the dark horse in that division. I wouldn't like that match up for Joshua. Not saying he would lose, but Ortiz can box.

I would like Fury to get the weight off and really turn up. I think the Fury that beat Wlad, could of outboxed Aj last night. Aj though will get better and perhaps Fury has peaked. Fury's lifestyle outside of the ring could be his downfall.

The fight needs to happen. Be the biggest fight in recent history for the UK fans.

Two undefeated champions from the same country, both with a claim to being the best. Sounds a bit like Ali/Frazier.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Apr 2017, 5:49 pm

Everytime I've seen Ortiz, he's looked bang average. Isn't he the WBA mandatory now?

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sun 30 Apr 2017, 6:04 pm

He has pretty good skills, though he maybe looked better couple years back.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Sun 30 Apr 2017, 9:25 pm

AdamT wrote:You come on to attack me? Cute!

Jabmachine you made up sparring stories and come onto a forum to argue with a no face and get all angry and sh1t.

You're pathetic lol

P.s can you get Brooks autograph for me mate!!

Rolling Eyes

Saying you're talking rubbish isn't attacking you. The fact immature little oiks like you post the majority of things on here nowadays is the reason I don't come on often.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sun 30 Apr 2017, 10:36 pm

Rather be immature, than pretend I'm something I'm not.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Mon 01 May 2017, 4:40 pm

What you're not? An internet warrior? You play that part quite well little boy. Anyway, I'm tired. next time I come on I hope you've quit or been run over by a car. Either works.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 01 May 2017, 5:45 pm

I'm the internet warrior and you wish me run over by a car?

I sincerely hope you're not living with anybody. If you get this upset I dread to think what you would do with any kids or wife. Imo you probably beat them up and pretend you're sparring brook!!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylan1979 Mon 01 May 2017, 6:26 pm

Let's get back to Boxing talk.

So with AJ looking to dominate the heavyweight division and Ward saying he could / may move up to heavyweight, it kinda got me thinking.

Interesting fight, think Ward schools him though - cuz he's smart.

Dylan1979

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 01 May 2017, 7:11 pm

Dylan stop trolling lol

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by rapidringsroad Mon 01 May 2017, 10:21 pm

Great fight,much as I was rooting for Wlad A.J. was a worthy winner and I can't see anyone beating him in the near future. His legs were gone after that knockdown and he looked as if he was finished but he recovered and he joined the rest of British Heavy weight Champions.I hope there are enough contenders to test him, though I doubt that we will see as good a fight as we saw at weekend for a while.

rapidringsroad

Back to top Go down

Post by ShockmasterV2 Tue 02 May 2017, 7:43 am

Having just recovered from Saturday night i've decided to post regarding my experience at Wembley. Firstly, Wembley stadium was unbelievable as a venue, me and a friend had 2 of the £60 seats and we were expecting a LOT worse view than we actually had. In between bar and toilet trips didn't really take in many of the other fights unfortunately but as soon as the main event came around all i can say is WOW. The atmosphere was very much muted until then and from the moment the ring entrances started i must say i found myself truly blessed to actually be there. Michael Buffer belting out his famous line will be in my mind forever.

As for the fight, i had Klitschko rounds 7/8/9 and AJ round 5 and i found great pleasure in almost calling it to perfection. Klitschko seemed to play it smart throughout the latter rounds and the mood in the air had gone a bit flat by the 10/11 round. When AJ came out at the 11th the mood electrified and my god it really was amazing to see that live!

Only downside was 900000 fans trying to fit OOOOO ANTHONY JOSHHHHHWA into The White Stripes 'seven nation army'. Michael Van Gerwen must have been cringing!

All in all, i wasn't a fan of the Eddie Hearn/ AJ PR love in and media brainwash but..... I hate to say this i've now become a fan.
ShockmasterV2
ShockmasterV2

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Tue 02 May 2017, 8:16 am

ShockmasterV2 wrote:Having just recovered from Saturday night i've decided to post regarding my experience at Wembley. Firstly, Wembley stadium was unbelievable as a venue, me and a friend had 2 of the £60 seats and we were expecting a LOT worse view than we actually had. In between bar and toilet trips didn't really take in many of the other fights unfortunately but as soon as the main event came around all i can say is WOW. The atmosphere was very much muted until then and from the moment the ring entrances started i must say i found myself truly blessed to actually be there. Michael Buffer belting out his famous line will be in my mind forever.

As for the fight, i had Klitschko rounds 7/8/9 and AJ round 5 and i found great pleasure in almost calling it to perfection. Klitschko seemed to play it smart throughout the latter rounds and the mood in the air had gone a bit flat by the 10/11 round. When AJ came out at the 11th the mood electrified and my god it really was amazing to see that live!

Only downside was 900000 fans trying to fit OOOOO ANTHONY JOSHHHHHWA into The White Stripes 'seven nation army'. Michael Van Gerwen must have been cringing!

All in all, i wasn't a fan of the Eddie Hearn/ AJ PR love in and media brainwash but..... I hate to say this i've now become a fan.

I've never understood the hate for Hearn, he has been great for boxing in this country, I still shudder at thinking back to the Frank Warren days on Sky

Glad you enjoyed it and thanks for sharing your experience

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Tue 02 May 2017, 9:09 am

Hats off to Joshua he surprised me I honestly thought even a 41 year old Klitschko would be too good for him , but Joshua showed great courage and battled back from adversity something which the likes of Tyson didn't achieve and deserves a chair at the top table. As for the usual nonsense of Fury will box his lugs off etc.. can't see it happening - the Fury of Dusseldorf 2015 would be a interesting fight but he won't ever get back to that level.

Cheers.
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 02 May 2017, 9:48 am

There isn't any hate...It isn't a word to be trivialised....I imagine people resent Hearns ability to manipulate Boxing to his advantage...They resent his success...

Things they would be happy to have or do. So it's hypocritical.

Hate....That is reserved for someone that hurts your family....Or shafts you out of money like a Madoff character..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylan1979 Tue 02 May 2017, 12:06 pm

http://www.boxingscene.com/anthony-joshua-only-fight-twice-year-going-forward--116174

Hearn saying AJ will only fight twice a year - am I the only one whose disappointed to hear this?

Last edited by Dylan1979 on Tue 02 May 2017, 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dylan1979

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 02 May 2017, 12:37 pm

I think the hate thing with Hearn is more a reaction to the love in when he first came on the scene. It's his hypocrisy that winds people up, if that makes the critics jealous hypocrites as truss says then so be it.

Truss thinks everyone who doesn't have biceps the size of prime arnie is jealous of him. You're viewing the world through your own insecurities beefster Wink. Feel free to tell me wink off at this point.

I'm not jealous of the guys achievements I just want to see decent fights. He's built a model selling grudge matches to the masses. Fair enough from a business perspective but annoying none the less from a fans perspective, when he told us ppv was for special fights and then used his own interpretation of special.

At the end of the day he's a promoter he sells fights to make money, he's no different, no better, no worse than all the others. To his credit, he has kind of owned up to 2016 being carp and he's pulled out some fights this year. If he continues in this vein I'll be a fan. If he tries to sell bellew cleverly 3 ppv, I won't.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Tue 02 May 2017, 12:44 pm

Dylan1979 wrote:http://www.boxingscene.com/anthony-joshua-only-fight-twice-year-going-forward--116174

Hearn saying AJ will only fight twice a year - am I the only one whose disappointed to here this?

Yep but quite common for superstar fighters, getting people to stump up cash for PPV plus booking stadiums etc.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Tue 02 May 2017, 1:47 pm

Overwhelming majority of press and public were delighted by this fight. Trust this site, to have posters lining up to urinate on the parade.

I saw a film on the weekend, called Sully. Starring Tom Hanks, it's the true story of a pilot who lands a plane on New York's Hudson River, saving all 155 lives after it suffers two engine blow outs. To the general public, the pilot was a hero. However, the powers that be in the aviation business has certain grievances about one of their aircrafts crashing into the drink. Cut to, an inquiry into the event demonstrating how several simulations showed the aircraft could have made it back to a nearby runway.

What the air folk failed to account for was the human aspect, how in an unprecedented catastrophe, Sully's concern wasn't on the handbook but the best course of action to save 155 lives. Cut to the chase, all is well in the end, Sully is a hero, USA USA USA etc.

This made me think of how so many boxing fans can think only in absolutes, and make no allowances for human error. I think it really restricts your enjoyment of the sport.

The general wisdom, prior to Saturday was that a young Josh would blow old Wlad away. However, as we are speaking about humans, things don't always go to plan. Joshua almost blew it, Wlad found a way back in and performed brilliantly before Hosh found his second wind. It was brilliant! A fantastic fight in boxing's blue ribband division, that we've been crying to see for years.

However in the immediate aftermath, all I see on this site are people trying to contextualise this result to make sense with their pre conceived idea about how the fight should go.

And that's the problem, things don't always go as they should. This fight may give us some clues about how a Joshua Fury fight might go but it doesn't give us any answers. Fury, by his nature is the most unpredictable of fighters in the sport. It's not even a certainty that he can get himself in mental and physical shape to get into the ring again.

I think boxing fans, need to be a lot more understanding of their boxers. Someone isn't a bum because they lose, Joshua might have stamina issues but due to his power, it could never be an issue again. We just don't know.

Boxing is a sport like no other, you can do everything right for 12 rounds and still get knocked out. Unlike football, you don't have a 40 game season to get things right. Just don't let the obsession with 'exposing' someone, or writing someone off restrict your enjoyment of a fight.

Fights like last Saturday, they don't come around that often.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 02 May 2017, 1:58 pm

Dipper Brown wrote:Overwhelming majority of press and public were delighted by this fight. Trust this site, to have posters lining up to urinate on the parade.

I saw a film on the weekend, called Sully. Starring Tom Hanks, it's the true story of a pilot who lands a plane on New York's Hudson River, saving all 155 lives after it suffers two engine blow outs. To the general public, the pilot was a hero. However, the powers that be in the aviation business has certain grievances about one of their aircrafts crashing into the drink. Cut to, an inquiry into the event demonstrating how several simulations showed the aircraft could have made it back to a nearby runway.

What the air folk failed to account for was the human aspect, how in an unprecedented catastrophe, Sully's concern wasn't on the handbook but the best course of action to save 155 lives. Cut to the chase, all is well in the end, Sully is a hero, USA USA USA etc.

This made me think of how so many boxing fans can think only in absolutes, and make no allowances for human error. I think it really restricts your enjoyment of the sport.

The general wisdom, prior to Saturday was that a young Josh would blow old Wlad away. However, as we are speaking about humans, things don't always go to plan. Joshua almost blew it, Wlad found a way back in and performed brilliantly before Hosh found his second wind. It was brilliant! A fantastic fight in boxing's blue ribband division, that we've been crying to see for years.

However in the immediate aftermath, all I see on this site are people trying to contextualise this result to make sense with their pre conceived idea about how the fight should go.

And that's the problem, things don't always go as they should. This fight may give us some clues about how a Joshua Fury fight might go but it doesn't give us any answers. Fury, by his nature is the most unpredictable of fighters in the sport. It's not even a certainty that he can get himself in mental and physical shape to get into the ring again.

I think boxing fans, need to be a lot more understanding of their boxers. Someone isn't a bum because they lose, Joshua might have stamina issues  but due to his power, it could never be an issue again. We just don't know.

Boxing is a sport like no other, you can do everything right for 12 rounds and still get knocked out. Unlike football, you don't have a 40 game season to get things right. Just don't let the obsession with 'exposing' someone, or writing someone off restrict your enjoyment of a fight.

Fights like last Saturday, they don't come around that often.

I got it wrong.....Underestimated Wlad and over estimated Joshua...........But peeing on achievements and contextualising isn't confined to Boxing.....It's a human trait....But I've been married over 20 years so I am used to being wrong all the time..

Like I said earlier however..... it was the best way Josh could have garnered number 1 status............Exciting fight with a comprehensive finish...

He has the World at his feet.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by EX7EY Tue 02 May 2017, 2:16 pm

Dipper good post, makes a lot of sense. I think on the other side, serious boxing fans love talking about it, so we say a lot of things that can be taken out of context or a lot of things we may not necessarily mean after further analysis - as you say it's human error.

It was me that used the word exposed on Saturday night. In hindsight, it was the wrong word. But, I din;t mean AJ had been 'exposed' as a bad boxer or some kind of fraud. I meant in the sense that he isn't this indestructible wrecking machine he's been portrayed as. His boxing ability isn't the best, something he admits himself. He's got stamina issues, he can get decked (nothing wrong with that when you can get back up and gather your senses), his power isn't god like - Wlad got up 3 times and kept coming, credit to him might I add.

Saturday showed that put him up against another heavyweight with some skills and a proper desire to win and he is just as vulnerable as anybody else in the division, albeit he has scary power. Which if anything just makes him more exciting to watch, no bad thing.

The other 18 guys he's fought have done nothing but turn up to get paid IMO. He won the belt against a nobody that was basically gifted it on the back of Fury being stripped, and who turned up to the 02 more than happy to hand the belt over for a paycheck, coupled with AJ going on PPV to soon and all the 'casuals' lapping it up. It just annoyed me a bit.

I don't dislike AJ. I'm glad he won and I think he'll do great things for the sport. In fact I had a bet on Wlad at 2/1 pre fight but I ended up cashing it out even though it ended up looking like Wlad would win because I realised mid fight I wanted AJ to win and the bet ruining my enjoyment.

EX7EY

Back to top Go down

Post by EX7EY Tue 02 May 2017, 2:17 pm

Correction - Dillian Whyte turned up to win, but he is nowhere near AJ's level and never will be, despite Hearn trying working his angle.

EX7EY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next