The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eddie Hearn - Along with Vince McMahon the best Promoter I have ever seen.....

4 posters

Go down

Eddie Hearn - Along with Vince McMahon the best Promoter I have ever seen..... Empty Eddie Hearn - Along with Vince McMahon the best Promoter I have ever seen.....

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 28 Apr 2017, 12:03 pm

Vince McMahon is worth 1.25 billion.......I don't like wrestling but I am old enough to remember how amateurish it was until he took a stranglehold of the "Sport"....

Last year they had a problem selling tickets at the O2 for Wlad v Klit 2............The universally regarded number 1, Controversial and big mouthed Fury vs the Former champion...........Repeat or Revenge ????

They only sold approximately 10,000-12,000 of the tickets apparently for Fury v Wlad 2....Several sources seem to confirm those figures..

Tomorrow.....A still to be proven......Alphabet champion.... is fighting a Fury reject (Top heavy that Wlad was)....Who is coming off a loss and turned 41..... 18 months older than he was the last time he fought...  

In front of 90,000 at Wembley.............The fight will also be a hugely profitable PPV event.....Which will do hundreds of thousands sales..

Exceptional promotional ability is needed to accomplish that....

Hearn is definitely one of the best promoters I have ever seen..........Do I care for him ......Nope!!!.  But I can't question his talent.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Eddie Hearn - Along with Vince McMahon the best Promoter I have ever seen..... Empty Re: Eddie Hearn - Along with Vince McMahon the best Promoter I have ever seen.....

Post by AdamT Fri 28 Apr 2017, 12:10 pm

He has the backing of his Father and Sky are really behind him.

Hearn/sky can sell a fight. There have been a few duds (Cleverly Bellew), but some have been gold.

Boxing is big over here. I do think Hearn puts too many shows on ppv, but he Is good at raising his fighters profiles.

I for one think Frampton should of stayed with Eddie.

If Hearn was his promoter, he could have local stadium fights with his main rivals.

Eddie is far from perfect, but he is doing a great job and put on some very big fights.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Eddie Hearn - Along with Vince McMahon the best Promoter I have ever seen..... Empty Re: Eddie Hearn - Along with Vince McMahon the best Promoter I have ever seen.....

Post by marty2086 Fri 28 Apr 2017, 1:08 pm

AdamT wrote:

I for one think Frampton should of stayed with Eddie.

If Hearn was his promoter, he could have local stadium fights with his main rivals.

Only problem is that Hearn didn't want him fighting anybody, that's why Frampton walked away he didn't want to pad his record. Don't forget Hearn kept Quigg away from him until after the Gonzalez fight and that Frampton had to build an arena for his second fight against Martinez so its not exactly like things didn't work out for him

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri 28 Apr 2017, 1:10 pm

You can hardly say that Hearn is the reason for the spike in ticket sales, Fury was talking his homophobic nonsense plus the first fight was a snoozefest.

You can't tell people they want to buy something they know they don't want to see

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 28 Apr 2017, 1:11 pm

Makes a loss for 5 years with an exclusive Sky contract and manages to sell a Heavyweight Olympic champion and pro world champion with a perfect KO record? Superstar.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down