The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Premier League 1-20

+3
Crimey
NickisBHAFC
Dolphin Ziggler
7 posters

Go down

Premier League 1-20 Empty Premier League 1-20

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 11 Aug 2017, 7:57 am

As you all wake up to the first day of the Premier League season, a Friday now thanks to TV, the excitement can begin to fade away and the realism of the season will soon dawn on clubs, a crushing realism for about 14 teams. However, for the fun of it, why not predict the table from top to bottom? 

Notoriously difficult, but also it's a prediction which will not matter at all as none of us matter, really.  Yahoo

Premier League finish prediction:

1. Man City
  2. Chelsea
  3. Tottenham
  4. Liverpool
  5. Manchester United
  6. Arsenal
  7. Everton
  8. Leicester
  9. Southampton
  10. West Ham
  11. Bournemouth
  12. West Brom
  13. Watford
  14. Crystal Palace
  15. Newcastle
  16. Swansea
  17. Stoke
  18. Burnley
  19. Huddersfield
  20. Brighton

It's madness doing this - there's reasons to poke holes in all of the top six and I could individually predict them all to be top four. I did this and had Chelsea fifth, but then thought about how good they were last year. Morata should come good, but the squad is thin. Thin, but with absolute quality though, it just depends if Europe does to them what it has done to teams before. Manchester United look pedestrian but also full of winners, although centre back seems sketchy; Matic will be key. Tottenham have such a good core, but Wembley and Europe. Liverpool look frightening going one way, yet the other type of frightening on the back foot. I really could move all them, and will rethink this with a different colour font come the first few weeks.

I'm unsure of most the bottom half of the table too. Basically, tenth downwards is hard as I think West Ham have done some decent initial business but left some problems, and Bournemouth go from great to kamikaze. 

Unsure on relegation: De Boer at Palace worries me, don't think Newcastle have done good business at all. However, one has Zaha and Benteke, the other have Rafa who will thrive more not having to control every game.

Swansea need to replace Siggy if they lose him, but would be fine to stay if they keep him. Stoke and Burnley look the worst set of last year's teams. Burnley won't have another season like that at home, haven't strengthened much and I think their away form may show how good the side actually are. And that should be a worry. Stoke have lost good players, look set to rely on Berahino and were on the downward spiral under a not too popular manager.

Worry about both Brighton and Huddersfield having anywhere near enough Premier League quality. To be honest, I can see one doing a bit of a Blackpool (but staying up) and Newcastle actually doing much worse if they don't improve business before the window closes.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Premier League 1-20 Empty Re: Premier League 1-20

Post by Guest Fri 11 Aug 2017, 8:37 am

I'm gonna have a think this over and edit it. For now I'll do my top 10

1 - City. I don't think there'll be a dull moment watching City this season, I certainly can't see many clean sheets for them or opposing teams. If they keep their attack healthy, I think they have too many options for anybody to plan against

2 - United - I expect we'll start relatively strong, then drop a few points and Jose will refer to type from about November onwards of securing the result, no matter how depressing the football is

3 - Chelsea - I think whilst they've not improved their team per se, I still think they have a good coach and the players at their disposal. Can never write off a team that boasts Hazard and Kante tbh

4 - Arsenal - Yes, you read that right. Wenger to lead his team back in to the top four and walk away at the end of the season

5 - Spurs - I get the impression despite Levy's words, all is not as it seems at Spurs. Whilst I think they'll finally find their winning feet at Wembley, I think it may take them a few games to do so and the damage will already be done leaving them playing catch up

6 - Everton - I think there European journey will be a short lived one, but it will keep their squad fresh for league fixtures and, I'm predicting, a cup run

7 - West Ham - I like the business that they've done. Arnautovic to Chicharito will flourish this season

8 - Liverpool - I can see them progressing further than any English side in the champions league, but increased fixtures coupled with Klopps style of play I think the team will burn out and struggle in the second half of the season

9 - Leicester - Better season for them this year. I like the signing of Harry Maguire at the back and think Iheanacho should be a good signing too

10 - West Brom - They are what they are. Pulis will make his team a tough nut to crack, I'm hoping (for my fantasy team) that Rodriguez shines up front for them

TBC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri 11 Aug 2017, 10:02 am

Agree with Chris prediction, just replace Stoke and Burnley around

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 11 Aug 2017, 3:00 pm

1. Man City
  2. Manchester United
  3. Chelsea
  4. Tottenham
  5. Liverpool
  6. Arsenal
  7. Everton
  8. West Brom
  9. Leicester
  10. West Ham
  11. Southampton
  12. Bournemouth
  13. Crystal Palace
  14. Stoke
  15. Brighton
  16. Swansea
  17. Newcastle
  18. Watford
  19. Huddersfield
  20. Burnley

Unfortunately I can see Europe, squad depth and the Coutinho saga affecting Liverpool and meaning top 4 isn't secured. I think Lukaku will score goals for Manchester United which really was their main problem last year, I don't think Manchester United are less creative than Everton and so I suspect he'll grab top scorer. I think Tottenham will struggle to keep the momentum up, their play struggled at Wembley last year and there seems to be more player unhappiness, their squad is also quite poor once you scratch past the first eleven. I think Manchester City will win the league this year, Guardiola has improved the weakest parts of the squad which was full back and there is no denying that Kyle Walker and Mendy are better than Sagna/Zabaleta and Clichy/Kolarov. Main areas of worry are lack of depth at centre back or in central midfield. I don't think Chelsea will be able to keep it up this year, particularly with Europe and I don't think Morata is a good replacement for Diego Costa at all. Conte is a good manager so I don't think they'll slip out of the four though.

I think Arsenal's success relies heavily on Lacazette firing on all cylinders, he could be the "missing link" but Arsenal still need improving in central midfield which has been the same story since Patrick Vieira left. I'm not sure Arsene can make it all click any more. Everton have invested heavily but their squad still looks a step behind the top 6. Lukaku is a big miss and not sure, even with all the money spent, they've adequately replaced him. 

Relegation wise, I think Newcastle could struggle but so long as Benitez sticks around they should be able to stay up, he knows how to grind out results. I think this might be the year Watford run out of good luck, Marco Silva did well with Hull but I'm not sure Andre Gray is a great signing and they have managed to coast their way to safety the last couple of years. Huddersfield are too gung ho for the Premier League and their squad isn't Premier League quality, their signings haven't stood out. Sean Dyche is a great manager but that Burnley squad is poor and they have sold their main striker to a rival. Jonathan Walters and Jack Cork aren't exciting signings and I'm not sure that Burnley will have enough this year to stay up.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Fri 11 Aug 2017, 4:11 pm

1. Chelsea
  2. Manchester City
  3. manchester United
  4. Arsenal
  5. Liverpool
  6. Tottenham
  7. Everton
  8. southamptom
  9. West brom
  10. Crystal palace
  11. Leicster
  12. Bournemouth
  13. West ham
  14. Stoke
  15. Watford
  16. Swansea
  17. Burnley
  18. Newcastle
  19. Brighton
  20. huddersfield

The promoted 3 never all go down but they are probably the worst 3 teams to come up in a long time, but really anyone from 10th down could drop.

Expect Tottenham to have a shocker at Wembley, strong home form has been key for them last 2 years. Expect arsene to play his reserves in the EL and make top 4 again.

Think Chelsea will win pl again after going out of CL early.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 11 Aug 2017, 4:41 pm

Chelsea
United
City
Spurs
Everton
Arsenal
Southampton
Palace
Leicester
West Brom
Liverpool
Huddersfield
Bournemouth
Newcastle
Swansea
Watford
West Ham
Burnley
Stoke
Brighton

Chelsea seem to be written off, but they have the strongest all round squad. Liverpool will disappoint, as will Arsenal (surely time is up for Wenger). Huddersfield are massively underrated by all (seemingly), and will surprise the majority when they stay up with ease.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sat 12 Aug 2017, 11:31 am

1 Man City
2 Chelsea
3 Man Utd
4 Arsenal
5 Liverpool
6 Spurs
7 Everton
8 Bournemouth
9 Leicester
10 West Ham
11 Crystal Palace
12 Stoke
13 Southampton
14 Burnley
15 Watford
16 Brighton
17 WBA
18 Newcastle
19 Swansea
20 Huddersfield

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Aug 2017, 6:46 pm

gazzyD wrote:I'm gonna have a think this over and edit it. For now I'll do my top 10

1 - City. I don't think there'll be a dull moment watching City this season, I certainly can't see many clean sheets for them or opposing teams. If they keep their attack healthy, I think they have too many options for anybody to plan against

2 - United - I expect we'll start relatively strong, then drop a few points and Jose will refer to type from about November onwards of securing the result, no matter how depressing the football is

3 - Chelsea - I think whilst they've not improved their team per se, I still think they have a good coach and the players at their disposal. Can never write off a team that boasts Hazard and Kante tbh

4 - Arsenal - Yes, you read that right. Wenger to lead his team back in to the top four and walk away at the end of the season

5 - Spurs - I get the impression despite Levy's words, all is not as it seems at Spurs. Whilst I think they'll finally find their winning feet at Wembley, I think it may take them a few games to do so and the damage will already be done leaving them playing catch up

6 - Everton - I think there European journey will be a short lived one, but it will keep their squad fresh for league fixtures and, I'm predicting, a cup run

7 - West Ham - I like the business that they've done. Arnautovic to Chicharito will flourish this season

8 - Liverpool - I can see them progressing further than any English side in the champions league, but increased fixtures coupled with Klopps style of play I think the team will burn out and struggle in the second half of the season

9 - Leicester - Better season for them this year. I like the signing of Harry Maguire at the back and think Iheanacho should be a good signing too

10 - West Brom - They are what they are. Pulis will make his team a tough nut to crack, I'm hoping (for my fantasy team) that Rodriguez shines up front for them

TBC

Obviously after my comment about city you know their first game looks like it'll end goalless

Back to top Go down

Post by Riggs Sat 19 Jan 2019, 10:42 pm

Commentator for the Liverpool vs Crystal Palace game - "Crystal Palace upsetting the odds again, it goes against the laws of physics", lmao Cool

Riggs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down