The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Press conference week 4

+6
Hero
BamBam
Fernando
Afro
Marky
Good Golly I'm Olly
10 posters

Go down

Press conference week 4 Empty Press conference week 4

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 1 Nov 2017 - 12:30

1. Thoughts on your result this past week?

2. Thoughts on your upcoming battle in week 4?

3. Who has been the best dealer so far?

4. Who has under/over performed in the league so far?

5. Underrated signing/pickup of the season so far?

6. Will you be donating to Marky's moustache development?

7. Who should Everton appoint as manager?

8. Do you think British coaches are not given fair opportunity?

9. Does Brexit mean Brexit?

10. Will Miky ever criticise Bakayoko for being w*nk?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Press conference week 4 Empty Re: Press conference week 4

Post by Marky Wed 1 Nov 2017 - 12:52

Disappointed to lose but I did basically say last week Tino's two losses didn't reflect his sides ability so it wasn't a shock by any means. Pretty much rules me out of the title race anyway.

Big game between Twist and I, I look forward to taking him down as I feel I can surprise him.

Everyone secretly thinks the answer is them, hence the players we've signed. I think it's me based on that.

Twist has over performed, that's not a dig, he'd probably admit that himself. Tino underperformed by losing his first two. Anyone can beat anyone in this league though.

I was surprised nobody else had Pepe at £2.7m, just because he left Real Madrid in the summer. Besiktas doing bits in the Champions League and Real struggling in La Liga. It's not a coincidence.

I probably won't, I'm doing my bit already. But if anyone wants to, the link is here https://mobro.co/13585706?mc=1

Afro. He's a fan of the club, so he won't leave for Man U after 4 years, has worked with big name players on fantasy leagues, and has had success. No brainer.

Of course they are. But there aren't a lot of British coaches winning football matches to earn the opportunities.

Purely by definition yes. Brexit means Brexit. I look forward to the future leagues where we can only sign British born footballers.

Just because he's been rubbish in every game since joining, doesn't make him a bad player Wink

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Wed 1 Nov 2017 - 12:53

Obviously no one likes to lose, but Olly did a good job and thoroughly deserved to win, so I have no complaints. We move forward and concentrate on the next game, not the last one.

Tino got off the mark last week, so could be on the start of the run. We have made a few changes to the squad this week, and think this is for the better, and will help us to deliver on the plan we have for the game.

I think Twist is the one who is doing most for encouraging deals and making offers. He has made some good signings and rightfully sits top of the league for it.

Nando is normally stronger than he is showing, but I think he shares the Afrotude of being more relaxed about it this time around. No one is over performing as all managers are strong and I would expect them all to achieve.

I think Chiesa was a great signing and is starting to get the recognition deserved. But I'll be totally honest, I think Lozano looks the best value signing so far.

I'm waiting to see if he looks like Super Mario first. But I'll definitely make a contribution

Whoever it is, I hope they don't drag their heels. Not Unsworth (changed my mind there!) based on first two games. he's looked a bit naive tactically. Not Allardyce, need to aim higher. I'd love Ancelotti, but probably aiming too high.

I think it is better than it was, but when you see lower football league clubs going for foreign coaches, it shows there is a problem.

Don't care anymore

I would say no, because I don't think he is. New league, much faster pace of football. Give him a chance and he will get better.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 1 Nov 2017 - 12:55

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:1. Thoughts on your result this past week? Was expected

2. Thoughts on your upcoming battle in week 4? Im gunna lose

3. Who has been the best dealer so far? yer ma

4. Who has under/over performed in the league so far? olly

5. Underrated signing/pickup of the season so far? Alan xD

6. Will you be donating to Marky's moustache development? nah ive donated enough for bollock causes this year

7. Who should Everton appoint as manager? Dyche

8. Do you think British coaches are not given fair opportunity? If Sean Dyche was called Nuno Espirito Santo he'd walk into the Everton Job

9. Does Brexit mean Brexit? yes

10. Will Miky ever criticise Bakayoko for being w*nk? no

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Wed 1 Nov 2017 - 14:29

Expected a loss against Hero, was relatively surprised for it to be a split win

Hoping to pick up my first win, but Nando will be looking to do the same. Depends how seriously he takes tactics I guess

Hero picked up Locatelli/Pellegrini/Pellegri very smartly and has the two best attacking players in the league (sorry Marky)

Marky's team should have won more than they have, but don't think that's because he's underperformed, just the interpretation of the managers. I have no clue how Olly is 3rd

Being biased, Guedes. Unbiased - Lozano

Depends how good the picture is at the end

Ranieri

Course they are, just the same boring has beens going round in circles is the problem

Probably, but its still fookin stupid

He's not w*nk so I doubt it

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 1 Nov 2017 - 14:56

Always happy to get a win over Bam as he's a very good manager and someone that often goes for players that are on my hitlist.

Up against what's been regarded as the surprise package in the league so far in Olly but his position is justified with the win over Afro.

Twist I think has put together a nice squad so him being top of the league is no surprise.

Bam, though a default loss hasn't helped, playing catch up now but I'd expect him to start rising the table in the coming weeks.

For me it was getting Mere off Twist before he'd researched him, outside of that Lozano is looking a very good buy for Afro, Guedes for Bam, Chiesa for Tino, you can pretty much go through every team and they've got a bargain.

Already have!

Kevin Spacey, help with the youth development there.

Think they're given chances, just don't think they've been good enough.

We voted out (say we, I didn't), that's not to say in a generations time we could vote to go back in?

I bought Bakayoko last season purely because others rated him, for me Fabinho made him look good in Monaco's team.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Wed 1 Nov 2017 - 20:22

1.    Thoughts on your result this past week?  - Happy with the win against Nando but I can’t help but feel it’s a little devalued considering his tactics looked very rushed and he also admitted it. I'm guessing due to time constraints.

2. Thoughts on your upcoming battle in week 4? – Should be a good match against Trebs, he usually puts up a good tactical fight so I shall be attempting to write my best tactics to match it this week

3. Who has been the best dealer so far? – I think everyone has done okay. Even though Tino paid a LOT of money for Belotti, I think it is worth it in the long run due to strikers getting good votes in these leagues historically.

4. Who has under/over performed in the league so far? – I would say Nando has underperformed, don’t think he would mind me saying it. I’m surprised by Twist in a good way, I didn’t know too much about him going into this league but he has been performed well and been very consistent with votes and tactics which I am very happy with.

5. Underrated signing/pickup of the season so far? – I don’t think I truly realised how well Hero had done until the other day when looking at his squad. He has lightened up in some areas but he’s very strong in attack and as stated previously, that can work wonders for voting.

6. Will you be donating to Marky's moustache development? – I already have, I donated £15 last night to help him reach his £20 target.

7. Who should Everton appoint as manager? - Afro

8. Do you think British coaches are not given fair opportunity? – I think it’s tough when some of them only play a certain type of football and let’s be honest, I think a lot of fans want to see beautiful football being played and some managers just don’t like to play that way. More should be given the opportunity though.

9. Does Brexit mean Brexit? – Of course, unless you are the government

10. Will Miky ever criticise Bakayoko for being w*nk? – I won’t because I don’t think any player should be called it. There are obviously class differences when comparing players. On Bakayoko though, I think he needs to settle in, he certainly has the frame for the Premier League football and the energy, I just think he needs time. Everyone is so quick to try to destroy the player when they are performing badly, whatever happened to support?

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Wed 1 Nov 2017 - 20:42

I felt sorry for Trebs, I think the game was so close. I'm obviously pleased with the win but not reading too much in my position at the moment. I have some very tough games ahead.

My midfield has been decimated through injury so it will be very tough. Got a plan in mind that might just sneak another close win

I would say Bam has been good and Hero picked up some very good buys. On the while though I think we have all done well.

I've definitely over performed but put a lot of effort in so hopefully it's not classed as a fluke! Surprised with Afro at the mo but equally wary I haven't played him and expect him to get better and better

No one has mentioned Arnaiz yet which I'm surprised at considering transfer rumours and I picked him up for 900k

Wait and see if it is worth it or just bum fluff

Whoever they can. Don't think they can afford to be very picky

Maybe but equally I dont think there are many good British coaches. It's the PL over rating their tactical "genius"

No. Not gonna happen.

Maybe under his breath.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Brooksey79 Thu 2 Nov 2017 - 10:09

finally got some scores on the board, Marky has a decent side so that's encouraging

bit of a mystery tour for me in the first half of the season. not sure how most of the teams are likely to be set-up. Afro has a good reputation and is above me in the table so should be a good test.

Depends if we're looking for the here and now or for future gain - Hero should bring in some nice profit if the league survives long enough.

not sure on over-performed as most sides are pretty equal, I deffo under-performed in the first 2 weeks, more to do with not making the most of my 200 word tactics and having to be weak to cover the marquee signing of Belotti.

sort goes hand in hand with a previous question, Hero has done well...for me picking up Barzagli and Buffon for sub £2m granted short term buys but in terms of value for season 1 and maybe 2 ain't all bad.

Yea at some point I will, tis a cause that's touched us all (not in a Saville way)

Dunno to be honest, but they can feckin leave Nuno alone

I think they do in the most part but it's down to them to take their chances. Think punditry doesn't help now as all the "big" players are on TV saying this is wrong and that's wrong but none seem to go into coaching and prove that they are right.

I don't understand half of what's going on anymore, and most of the Brexiteers will be dead before it happens.

only if he's late submitting his votes

Brooksey79

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Fri 3 Nov 2017 - 13:48

1. Want to try and avoid commenting on my games where possible as it will ended up turning into disagreeing with voters. Although I think my game is a case in point why giving a draw should be an option and why I'm opposed to this system.
Having said that, well played Twist and I explained why I thought he'd win via PM.

2. I'm not going to give away my tactics but I had a good look at it, and it quickly came to mind what the best thing to do was. Should be an interesting game but I need to start winning as I've lost two out of three so far. The reveal of the line-ups and tactics is my favourite bit.

3. It's very difficult to single one person out. I do have to say that I think it's fantastic to see so many domestic deals and offers flying around so credit to everyone. I'll say Tino but there's quite a few sides I'm impressed with.

4. I said at the start Olly would do well, so perhaps he's defied expectations a bit and is overachieving. It depends whether you're talking about who has done better than expected, or whether it's someone undeservedly in a good position. Bam and myself I would say for underperforming.

5. Are we allowed to name our own players? Jones and Evans have been excellent this season.

6. It depends how fantastic the moustache is. I wanted to do the same thing but my girlfriend wouldn't allow it.

7. I think David Moyes should go back. :fishingrodsmiley:

8. Sean Dyche and Eddie Howe are the two brightest young managers at the moment. I'd like to see them get a chance at a bigger club, but no, I don't think we give young managers the opportunity. Sean Dyche in particular is a very impressive manager but he doesn't have the fancy foreign name.

9. No comment. Last time I spoke politics it ended in a row, but I have strong opinions which are not extreme-left or right. The problem these days it's that politics is so polarised. You either have to be a Corbynite or a Brexiteer and I don't like that people are being put into one of two boxes.

10. We all have our favourites. I think it's important to try to support your own players. We might be answering this question differently in a year or so, but suggesting he's done anywhere near good for Chelsea is ludicrous

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 3 Nov 2017 - 14:13

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:1. Thoughts on your result this past week?

Top quality win against Afro - think I caught him off guard with my formation so I’ll look to keep that up

Probably lose cos Hero was gay and wouldn’t sell me Lemina before the lockdown

I like Maggle and Tino have done

Nando has underperformed even by his low standards. Overperformed? Twister has bossed it so far

James Maddison

Yes. Dad

The grizzler

I think the opposite (see tactics Tim)

Yes

Seemingly never. I’m pretty sure he still thinks Gary Cahill is good?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down