The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Press conference week 9

+5
Afro
Hero
Fernando
Marky
Good Golly I'm Olly
9 posters

Go down

Press conference week 9 Empty Press conference week 9

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:23 pm

1. Thoughts on your result this week? Any decisions you regret?

2. Who do you think will win the Champions League this year and why?

3. Who do you think will win the Europa league this year and why?

4. What foreign league football do you watch?

5. If you got to have one night with a celebrity of your choosing, who would it be and why?

6. Where do you hope the team you support in real life will improve in the Jan window, and who would you like them to sign (realistically)?

7. Fish and chips, curry or Chinese on a Friday night?

8. Will Bakayoko ever put in a performance rated more than 5/10 for Chelsea?

9. Who is the most beautiful manager in the Miky Challenge league?

10. Which team do you think would play the best/worst football based on the teams in Miky Challenge league and their tactics?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Press conference week 9 Empty Re: Press conference week 9

Post by Marky Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:41 pm

Very happy with the win, only issue I had was whether to play Mascherano or Maksimovic central, the logic with Maksimovic central was he'd be marking Immobile with Mascherano outside him, and it was mentioned in feedback but luckily it didn't influence the result.

I fancy City to win it, hopefully they beat Tottenham in the final for the meltdown of their fans Laugh

On paper I'd say Atletico, but they would need to pull their finger out based on their CL performances. If not then it wouldn't shock me to see Arsenal go all the way. If Man U can win it and Liverpool made the final the year before, there's no reason (apart from Wenger) why they couldn't.

Whatever's televised. It's been known for me to watch a bit of Bundesliga/Ligue 1/La Liga when it's been on BT or Sky, rarely much else. Scotland too if that counts.

5. If you got to have one night with a celebrity of your choosing, who would it be and why?
The problem with this question is if you mean sex, I don't want all night... I would say I'd choose an all night binge with someone like Jim Jefferies ahead of 30 mins with Margot Robbie.

6. Where do you hope the team you support in real life will improve in the Jan window, and who would you like them to sign (realistically)?
Crawley, improve the manager, and sign a new manager. Maybe a striker. No real options for us without spending money we don't have though.

Probably curry. But I'm partial to any of them. King Prawn Madras with some garlic naan heart

I believe in him, he's a young player who, if he works hard, and dreams harder, could one day put in a 5.5/10 performance against a lower league side in the early rounds of a cup competition.

On the inside, Miky. On the outside, probably me. But I'm very modest about it. And humble, don't forget humble.

10. Which team do you think would play the best/worst football based on the teams in Miky Challenge league and their tactics?
That's awkward, I'd probably say the most Pep style side would be Hero, but the most Simeone/Mourinho style would be Trebs. Wouldn't call either of those styles best or worst though, horses for courses.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:53 pm

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:1. Thoughts on your result this week? Any decisions you regret? Surprised to beat Afro thought his front 3 would sway in his direction tbh.

2. Who do you think will win the Champions League this year and why? United - Can see Jose Poopie his way to the CL since the PL is pretty much gone for them already.

3. Who do you think will win the Europa league this year and why? Atletico - Cos Diego is gunna bum Arsene in a final provided we don't go out to a Russian Side before that

4. What foreign league football do you watch? Scotland,Italy,Spain,Germany,France, Belgium, Holland, Brazil, China

5. If you got to have one night with a celebrity of your choosing, who would it be and why? Rita Ora cos she's the easiest women alive that isn't Ole's Mom

6. Where do you hope the team you support in real life will improve in the Jan window, and who would you like them to sign (realistically)? Arsenal need to sign a CB & a CM but we've known this for years so will sign no one at all.

7. Fish and chips, curry or Chinese on a Friday night? Fish & Chips cos im not a pikey

8. Will Bakayoko ever put in a performance rated more than 5/10 for Chelsea? If he was as good at football as he is on Fifa he'd be amazing but unfortunately will just be a budget kante so no 5/10 is the limit

On the inside Miky, On the outside no one at all we're all f**k ugly at the best of times Laugh Defo not Hero cos ive seen the pimp coat angel

Best football - Afro - he likes to play class soccerball
Worst - Trebs cos he's one bung away from being fat same

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:07 pm

Bitterly disappointed to lose due the effort I put in but cannot begrudge a victory to Trebs who's far better a manager than he gets credit for.

I reckon PSG, number of star names throughout their team is staggering.

If Napoli don't make it out of their group tonight I fancy them over Atletico.

I don't have Sky but I do have have BT so German, French, Italian are the main three I'll watch.

Karen Gillan.

For Utd a LB, not holding hope that Luke Shaw's one good performance in 2 years is a sign of recovery. I'd also like them to go back in for Griezmann with Atletico out of the CL.

None if given the option for Sushi or Thai. If pushed I'd go Chinese > Curry > Fish n chips.

Yes, he's not that bad a player but currently just not accustomed to the team.

I'm the most stylish. Having seen most managers then they're all faces for radio.

Mine's the classy football that'd have the fans on the edge of their seats, Trebs is Tony Pulis...but as seen this week sometimes Pulis > Guardiola.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:31 pm

1. Thoughts on your result this week? Any decisions you regret? Disappointed, but well done Nando. Completely deserved. I don't regret any decisions. Focus is always on the next game, and if my time is limited, its better spent on this week than last week.

2. Who do you think will win the Champions League this year and why? I think City. I think they will be in such a commanding position in the Prem, they could afford to put a little more priority on the CL and win both.

3. Who do you think will win the Europa league this year and why? Got to say Atletico. They can't carry on playing the way they are, with the players they have

4. What foreign league football do you watch? Dutch, German, Italian, Spanish, French. None in depth, but often highlights on each, and the occasional live game.

5. If you got to have one night with a celebrity of your choosing, who would it be and why? Lucy Mecklenburgh

6. Where do you hope the team you support in real life will improve in the Jan window, and who would you like them to sign (realistically)? Improve at being able to defend and to be able to score goals. Sign a striker.

7. Fish and chips, curry or Chinese on a Friday night? Curry > Chinese > Chip supper

8. Will Bakayoko ever put in a performance rated more than 5/10 for Chelsea? Yes. people are quick to put down players. He is young, new to the league, and used to a league where the style is hugely different. I believe he will turn out to be a quality signing.

9. Who is the most beautiful manager in the Miky Challenge league? It's a bit like asking which Turd is the least smelly. Miky is the most beautiful obviously though.

10. Which team do you think would play the best/worst football based on the teams in Miky Challenge league and their tactics? I don't think anyone plays what would be considered an ugly style. Bit surprised at the comments on trebs. His team like to mix it up and he gets them to play counter attacking, which is normally exciting to watch.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:26 pm

1. Pleased with the result, I thought Hero put in a good set of tactics as well. Two wins on the bounce, hopeful this could be the start of a resurgence.

2. PSG have the best side on paper and probably favourites. I'll go with a shock though and go with Bayern Munich. Nobody fancies them at all at the moment but I am a big fan of Jupp Heynckes.

3. Atletico Madrid and Arsenal are the two clear favourites. I'll say Arsenal because I can see them needing it to get into next season's Champions League.

4. I watch the Bundesliga highlights, El Classico when it's on. Also catch the Champions League highlights every matchday.

5. Eric Cantona or Zlatan Ibrahimovic

6. Unless a top class player suddenly becomes available I'm not too bothered about the January business we do.

7. A good quality curry for me, but not at the moment as I've been poorly.

8. At some point I'm sure he will. But at present he hasn't been up to scratch for Chelsea.

9. It's got to be Moustache Marky surely?

10. I feel quite proud of my reputation as a Big Sam/Tony Pulis dinosaur. Would prefer a description like Sean Dyche though. I don't think many people play ugly football on the league because its built on making a pretty side. Any 'functional' players are underrated whereas in reality they're essential. I'd say Olly has the side I'd be most willing to pay money to watch.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:44 pm

No regrets. Thought it was a good win against a very good side.

I think if Man City have a good winter they could run away with everything this season

For the craic.....Celtic.

I don't actually watch a whole lot of football. That's why I do a lot of research to make sure I vote honestly and my team improves.

David Attenborough. Guys a ledge. Like Marky having that choice would mean I wouldn't waste it on having sex with a star.

Wow difficult one. Ebbsfleet have an over reliance on Danny Kedwell at the moment so we need a striker with a bit of pace.

Curry. Saturday is fish and chips day.

Is he just finding his feet? Or just rubbish.

Don't know what most of you look like.

I think with Afros forward 4 they would play the best football. I dont think anyone here has had to resort to bad tactics.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:35 am

I regret not sticking with my tactics that have worked recently and scouting Tino's tactics/team selection completely wrong Laugh . I would have been surprised if I got the win seeing tactics, it was a deserved win for Tino

Real Madrid - because Nadz told me they would

Arsenal because it'll be funny to see them win a trophy and media darlings Spurs do nothing yet again

I don't catch too much of it cos I tend to watch other sports rather than foreign football but I've been watching a bit of Serie A this season cos I got BT Sport app on my phone. I'll watch the occasional La Liga game too

I think it would have to be WWE Wrestler Paige. We could converse about Norfolk, wrestling, and she's clearly up for anything

We need strikers. Ship out Jerome who is too old now, and Oliviera and bring in some younger guys up front. We have like zero money, so it'll probably have to be an overseas striker I've never heard of cos we can't afford english prices. Wouldn't mind us taking a punt on Devante Cole if we do sign someone from the lower leagues.

Chinese. Everytime

No. He's awful, genuinely bad. Chelsea should loan him out and recall Loftus Cheek cos he's much better

My dad. Marky.

I always think Nonceando's teams would play good football.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:29 am

I thought I had countered their attacking strengths and had enough up front for the win. Evidently not

I hope to god its not, but either PSG or City. Can't stand the state petro dollar funded Championship standard clubs who've won the lottery

Got to be one of the CL dropouts, Athletico a good a bet as any

Only really La Liga, and if there's a huge game in one of the other leagues (Juve v Napoli, Bayern v Dortmund sort of thing)

Mila Kunis

Gillingham - Don't know enough about their weaknesses this season

Fish and Chips

He's following the Ramires path of being massively athletic and impressively crap, would imagine he'll improve in year two

Me obviously

I think I'm the most likely to go full Jose

I imagine Afro's teams to play like dainty little butterflies on the ball

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Brooksey79 Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:28 pm

pleased with a win, not really any regrets as don't wanna sound ungrateful but it's damaged my quest for bottom (and maximum financial benefit)

Juventus - for Gigi

a couple of months ago I thought Milan, erm........atletico will grind their way to the trophy

I don't have Sky Sports but Virgin gave me BT which was nice, not really a fan of La Liga (I know I know) this is a very long way of me saying serie A.

Mila was my pick but she's already been nabbed so I spose I'll slum it with Jennifer Lawrence

Wolves - we're doing reasonably well..the starting XI is fine for this season - bit of a cop out but I want options so a RB and ST - Locadia was linked I wouldn't be against him

Love me a nice curry - summat manly like a Korma

Yea he will...he just needs time

erm, Trebs has a lovely face

Haven't really thought about it, no-one seems anti-football as you have to play to win rather than not lose..so it's much muchness

Brooksey79

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down