The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Press Conference Week 16

5 posters

Go down

Press Conference Week 16 Empty Press Conference Week 16

Post by Marky Tue 20 Feb 2018, 2:55 pm

1. Wigan v Man City. Should the red card have been given to Delph for that tackle? And did it change the game much?

2. Who is going to win the FA Cup now City are out?

3. Winter Olympics. Which winter sport(s) did you barely know existed but now find yourself enjoying?

4. Back to our league. What suggestion would you make to give everyone a reason to keep trying up until the final game of the season, even if there's nothing to play for?

5. Without naming names, what prize categories would you put forward for an end of season awards show?

6. Spurs went from a great result at Juventus to drawing at Rochdale. Man City went from a 4-0 away win in the Champions League to losing at Wigan. What other example do you have of a sportsperson or team crashing back to reality?

7. Kylian Mbappe will officially complete his £166m switch from Monaco after a contract clause was triggered that meant Paris St-Germain bought the 19-year-old France striker if they avoided relegation. What other transfers can you think of that were so obviously going to happen?

8. Who is your dark horse to do well at the World Cup this summer?

Marky

Back to top Go down

Press Conference Week 16 Empty Re: Press Conference Week 16

Post by Marky Tue 20 Feb 2018, 3:03 pm

1. Wigan v Man City. Should the red card have been given to Delph for that tackle? And did it change the game much?
I barely think it was even a foul, so definitely not a red. It probably didn't change the game too much as City still dominated, and the Wigan goal was part Kyle Walker mistake, part FA Cup Magic!

Anyone but Jose, although it may be his saving grace when City confirm the title to make him feel relevant. But either United or Chelsea.

3. Winter Olympics. Which winter sport(s) did you barely know existed but now find yourself enjoying?
Snowboard Cross, Ski Cross and Speed Skating are actually really interesting, if a bit mental.

4. Back to our league. What suggestion would you make to give everyone a reason to keep trying up until the final game of the season, even if there's nothing to play for?
I'd announce the prize money, with it going up in each league position to ensure everybody has something to fight for.

5. Without naming names, what prize categories would you put forward for an end of season awards show?
Best tactician, best transfer guru, best manager, best new manager, worst manager, best guy called Miky.

6. Spurs went from a great result at Juventus to drawing at Rochdale. Man City went from a 4-0 away win in the Champions League to losing at Wigan. What other example do you have of a sportsperson or team crashing back to reality?
I think Wales, from the Euro 2016 semi final (which they bottled anyway) to not even making the 2018 World Cup playoffs, and Coleman ditching them for Sunderland.

7. Kylian Mbappe will officially complete his £166m switch from Monaco after a contract clause was triggered that meant Paris St-Germain bought the 19-year-old France striker if they avoided relegation. What other transfers can you think of that were so obviously going to happen?
Pogba to Man U was stupidly obvious, and dragged out through that summer. Dabbing Mulumbu.

England baby!

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 20 Feb 2018, 3:17 pm

Marky wrote:1. Wigan v Man City. Should the red card have been given to Delph for that tackle? And did it change the game much?

I didn't tbh see it at the time so am going on what I've heard afterwards, seems odd to be writing on the yellow card and then it turns into a red. Don't though think it changed the game much, City still had 80% possession afterwards.

Utd to beat Chelsea in the final with Mourinho finally getting one over Conte.

I've loved the Winter Olympics, absolutely hooked on it. The ski freestyle thing was immense but my favourite was the biathlon cross country skiing and shooting thing,

Time punishments for those not bothering for 2nd season players so they miss out on the biggies.

Best players in each position. Youth player. Best signing. MVP.

Man Utd in 1958?

Any half decent for Southampton ending up at Liverpool.

Mexico, not going to win it but could become fan favourites.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 20 Feb 2018, 3:21 pm

Hero wrote:6. Spurs went from a great result at Juventus to drawing at Rochdale. Man City went from a 4-0 away win in the Champions League to losing at Wigan. What other example do you have of a sportsperson or team crashing back to reality?
Man Utd in 1958?

Blimey Laugh

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Tue 20 Feb 2018, 4:17 pm

My decision is always based on my first reaction when seeing it in real time - so yes he should. It didn't change the game (in a way it seemed to make things easier for City) but what messed it up was the refs dithering.

I still favour Spurs

I'm a keen viewer so I knew most of them. Looking forward to bobsleigh.

I don't think league rewards should be done because the money needs to be big to make it worth while.

I did think about depending on league position you could choose a player to be lawyered but then I thought it widens the gap between top and bottom. Doing it the other way makes people want to lose!

How about a new STAR PLAYER per team. Based on league position decides who picks first?

Best tactics.
Unlikiest Win

Eddie The Eagle. He is a plasterer now.

Coutinho. Though I thought Arthur was defo going to move after being snapped in a Barca top.

In a weird way.. ...England

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 22 Feb 2018, 8:00 pm

It didn’t look like a red to me, but I don’t think it changed the result. City still dominated and just couldn’t score.

2. Who is going to win the FA Cup now City are out? I’m going for Spuds. They seem to be struggling through but are still there which makes me think their name might be on the cup.

3. Winter Olympics. Which winter sport(s) did you barely know existed but now find yourself enjoying? Watched more ice hockey than before (not really obscure). Also loved watching the slope style snowboarding.

4. Back to our league. What suggestion would you make to give everyone a reason to keep trying up until the final game of the season, even if there's nothing to play for? The opportunity to buy one more, unlimited value player, with the picking done in league order.

Best signing, worst signing, best tactician,

Everton qualified for the CL in 2005 and then next game lost 7-1 to Arsenal.

7. Kylian Mbappe will officially complete his £166m switch from Monaco after a contract clause was triggered that meant Paris St-Germain bought the 19-year-old France striker if they avoided relegation. What other transfers can you think of that were so obviously going to happen? Coutinho to Liverpool was always going to happen.

8. Who is your dark horse to do well at the World Cup this summer? England
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Fri 23 Feb 2018, 1:31 pm

1. I don't think it was a yellow card. But in real time, it's so difficult to make the call. I think the main controversy is that the referee appeared to change his mind. Having said that, Manchester City remained dominant and I don't think the red card impacted the game at all.

2. Man United will be favouring the cup competitions at some point, with the league lost. I fancy them, especially with Brighton next up being a decent draw.

3. I'm a fan of Short-Track Speed Skating and have been for the past four years. Elise Christie is my hero.

4. We need more things to play for beyond the league title. Things like relegation, a top four cup and so on. I'd actually suggest that at the end of the season, we do 1st vs 2nd rugby style to determine the winner. Also, it is disappointing to see the lack of effort, and especially that my idea of youthies having to play two games to get a TM value has completely gone down the drain effectively. Me personally, I will be fighting to the death to snatch that second place in the league. That will be a huge achievement when my team was ridiculed at the start of the season.

5. Agree with most that have been suggested so far - haven't really got anything new to add to the list.

6. Man United after Ferguson left perhaps? Have spent the last day or so trying to figure out an answer to this question,

7. Hero signing Under was obviously bound to happen.

8. Do Belgium count as a dark horse? I would argue that they have the best XI on paper. Argentina are always a side that gets forgotten going into a tournament and they were my tip last time, obviously losing out in the final.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down